Option to remove MFD reflections

Razor5-1

• Razor5-1 changed the title to Option to remove MFD reflections
6 hours ago, MAXsenna said:

At least we should be able to get a virtual cloth so we can wipe them off. 🤭 

Add that to the ground crew comm... Chief clean my windshield and wipe these smudges of my MFCDs!

• Like 1

But as option only, for me they are very ok and look realistic, just +1 for this, better quality:

• Like 2

Webmaster of http://www.yoyosims.pl

Yoyosimsbanner.gif

Win 10 64, i9-13900 KF, RTX  4090 24Gb OC, RAM 64Gb Corsair Vengeance LED OC@3600MHz,, 3xSSD+3xSSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5, [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor2, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

+1. The smudges on the MFD look really realistic but drives me bonkers. I just wanna wipe them clean with a microfiber cloth 
Lol....nice one. It's true and 100% agree with this
  • Like 2

Mastering others is strength. Mastering yourself is true power. - Lao Tze

On 7/9/2023 at 7:13 AM, YoYo said:

But as option only, for me they are very ok and look realistic, just +1 for this, better quality:

Try a flight with a low sun at your rear and those smudges pretty much render the MFD unreadable. I agree a factory-fresh clean cockpit looks weird and I like that they usually looked a bit 'lived in' but maybe they could tone it down a little.

Although i'm kind of curious how they get there that bad in real life as don't the pilots tend to wear gloves? And its not like the screens are touchscreens so surely you'd only put your fingers on the screen itself by accident? The ones in the SE look worse than my 6yo son's tablet screen.

Edited by bfr
  • Like 3

On 7/11/2023 at 6:13 PM, bfr said:

Try a flight with a low sun at your rear and those smudges pretty much render the MFD unreadable. I agree a factory-fresh clean cockpit looks weird and I like that they usually looked a bit 'lived in' but maybe they could tone it down a little.

Although i'm kind of curious how they get there that bad in real life as don't the pilots tend to wear gloves? And its not like the screens are touchscreens so surely you'd only put your fingers on the screen itself by accident? The ones in the SE look worse than my 6yo son's tablet screen.

If RB Lists which texture holds the Transparency Layer for the MFDs I can modify them,
But I currently don't have the time to go through all the T files one by one to look for the MFDs

• Like 1

Windows 10 Pro, Ryzen 2700X @ 4.6Ghz, 32GB DDR4-3200 GSkill (F4-3200C16D-16GTZR x2),

ASRock X470 Taichi Ultimate, XFX RX6800XT Merc 310 (RX-68XTALFD9)

3x ASUS VS248HP + Oculus HMD, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS + MFDs

On 7/2/2023 at 11:49 PM, Bunzy said:

something to do while waiting for the INS to align.

Don't. It'll break the process atm.

• Like 1

🖥️ Win10  i7-10700KF  32GB  RTX3060   🥽 Rift S   🕹️ T16000M  TWCS  TFRP   ✈️ FC3  F-14A/B  F-15E   ⚙️ CA   🚢 SC   🌐 NTTR  PG  Syria

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
On 8/3/2023 at 10:33 AM, HiJack said:

Would the reflections be reduced by the helmet visor for IRL pilots?

nulljhmcs-09.jpg

The intensity perhaps, but not altogether, since - as far as I understood - polarized sun filter would negatively affect the readability of the LCDs and the HUD.

Edited by Hiob
  • Like 2

"Muß ich denn jedes Mal, wenn ich sauge oder saugblase den Schlauchstecker in die Schlauchnut schieben?"

4 hours ago, Hiob said:

The intensity perhaps, but not altogether, since - as far as I understood - polarized sun filter would negatively affect the readability of the LCDs and the HUD.

Not to mention reduce the sun's reflections from other aircraft in the sky - which is kind of handy to see as a pilot. 😉

Edited by Dangerzone
  • Like 1

On 7/12/2023 at 12:13 AM, bfr said:

sorry late for the party but many crews wear gloves with cutoff for the key fingers like indexers and thumbs, or nor gloves at all

https://www.af.mil/News/Photos/igphoto/2003308463/

i5 8400 | 32 Gb RAM | RTX 2080Ti | Virpil Mongoose T-50 base w/ Warthog & Hornet sticks | Warthog throttle | Cougar throttle USB | DIY Collective | Virpil desk mount | VKB T-Rudder Mk IV | Oculus Rift S | Buddy-Fox A-10 UFC | 3x TM MFDs | 2x bass shakers pedal plate| SIMple SIMpit chair | WinWing TakeOff panel | PointCTRL v2 | Andre JetSeat | Winwing Hornet UFC | Winwing Viper ICP

FC3 - Warthog - F-5E - Harrier - NTTR - Hornet - Tomcat - Huey - Viper - C-101 - PG - Hip - SuperCarrier - Syria - Warthog II - Hind - South Atlantic - Sinai - Strike Eagle

4 hours ago, Ala12Rv-Tundra said:

sorry late for the party but many crews wear gloves with cutoff for the key fingers like indexers and thumbs, or nor gloves at all

https://www.af.mil/News/Photos/igphoto/2003308463/

Fair enough. Still seems strange that the screen itself ends up in the state portrayed in DCS though if there's no reason to (at least deliberately) touch the screen itself.

personel tend to rest fingers on the screen and the outside of the bezel to avoid accidently pressing osb at the wrong time.
I've seen some of the F-15C Large MFDs and they look way worse smudges wise.

Windows 10 Pro, Ryzen 2700X @ 4.6Ghz, 32GB DDR4-3200 GSkill (F4-3200C16D-16GTZR x2),

ASRock X470 Taichi Ultimate, XFX RX6800XT Merc 310 (RX-68XTALFD9)

3x ASUS VS248HP + Oculus HMD, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS + MFDs

At least IRL they can then clean the screen if they see it's badly smudged.  Unfortunately, we can't so a clean option is the answer.

• Like 1

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

i7 10700K OC 5.1GHZ / 500GB SSD & 1TB M:2 & 4TB HDD / MSI Gaming MB / GTX 1080 / 32GB RAM / Win 10 / TrackIR 4 Pro / CH Pedals / TM Warthog