CH-47F Pre-purchase

1 hour ago, Johnny Dioxin said:

Do me an analogue/steam gauge Chinook and I'll buy it. No interest in glass cockpit - such a shame as I worked with these for years in the '80's and would love to have a D model. Also did several assaults off the back of them - awesome experience.

I completely understand your love for steam gauges.

But for me, born before Neil took one small step, I want all the fancy tech toys I can get my hands on. It's 2024 and I want my space ship.

• Like 5

Some of the planes, but all of the maps!

49 minutes ago, Beirut said:

But for me, born before Neil took one small step, I want all the fancy tech toys I can get my hands on. It's 2024 and I want my space ship.

Dare to want it all! 

I watched Neil take that small step on live(ish) television, and like my electric jets, but I also like steam gauges.  Unfortunately my simpit isn't very electric Shinook capable (all those 5x5 MFDs don't work as well with 9x7 screens) but I pre-ordered it anyway.  Once I got the page to work.  After I restarted the browser.

Looking forward to more piles of shredded pixels where once well modeled helos once appeared.  I think I've wrecked more AH-64s than Boeing has made.  No reason not to give the same care and attention to this one!

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Wizard_03 said:

If I were a dev I wouldn't charge people money on a project Im not committed to completing. And if I had to quit work for whatever reason, I would absolutely feel obligated to refund anyone who has paid. I would consider my store front description a contract that I have agreed to fulfill. 

Those are just normal business practices. Can you imagine if this was the service industry? 

You obviously haven't read the license agreement. It is very clear that they have no obligations other than what is in the license agreement, and that doesn't include any promises to continue development of early access modules, or even to fix bugs. Any perceptions you have to the contrary are based on a good faith expectation. That isn't unreasonable, and I believe ED is well-intentioned in their front of store representations. But it's no contract.

Personally, trying to get back on topic, I think the Chinook module looks cool and likely will be a good addition to the DCS eco-system. But I'll probably wait for some reviews before buying it. I have enough trouble finding time to use all of the modules I already own.

• Like 3

I'm Softball on Multiplayer. NZXT Player Three Prime, i9-13900K@3.00GHz, 64GB DDR5, Win 11 Home, Nvidia GeForce RTX 4090 24GB, TrackIR 5, VKB Gunfighter III with MCG Ultimate grip, VKB STECS Standard Throttle, CH Pro pedals

No pre-order for me.

Pre-ordered F15E. Frequent delays.

Pre-ordered F4E. More delays.

Now F15E hanging under a cloud.

Have ‘lost that trusting feeling’. And I get a feeling that borders on disdain from ED towards people with this sentiment on these forums, as if we are the problem. Gaslit.

So yeah. Hard pass for now until things get better.

• Like 22

It really is the first EA I have not purchased in 10 years with the limited info given today in the news about it, I already have the F4E and full Afghan map on pre order and was realy hanging out for this helo, I was excited to see the news until I saw this.

Highly detailed external and internal modelling, including cockpit and cargo hold
Unmatched helicopter flight dynamics that only DCS can provide
Fully interactive, VR-ready cockpit 

I mean that's a bare min for any module even not released and just for internal testing

10 weeks out from the said proposed release date in the trailer and either they don't know what features it will have in the DCS world or are really not willing to tell us ??.

Realistically its a logistics chopper so we know what to somewhat expect in DCS but this needs to expand that role in the DCS world of logistics with the likes of it being a mobile Farp (Fat Cow) seeing logistics in side the chopper which was shown in a screen shot and some more, this means base code needs to be added to the logistics core part of the game to support that.

I'm really at a loss as to why this information cant be told to us, they will know what's its intended use is and should have a least a baseline list of features for this module that were in place when it was decided to develop it, or what was the point of adding it to the DCS world, to just fly about ??

• Like 25

I understand the choice of the F version, but I still regret it. For a Vietnam map, version C or D (without glass cockpit) would be much more appropriate. Anyway, the problem is the same for the other birds / map. 
But as I love choppers, the Chinook will certainly be a part of my hangar.

• Like 2

12 hours ago, sirrah said:

but if that cargo can actually join in a battle after I've dropped them, now that would add endless fun to the endeavor.

@sirrah have you checked out DML Tool box by @cfrag ? - He has a module for helotroops where you can drop them off anywhere and if they are within range (which you set) they will head off to find the enemy to engage, without the need for plotting way-points for them. Its not a mod so if you build a multiplayer mission with it, anyone who joins the map can take part, does not have to pre-downloaded by them. You can also pick them up from anywhere as well. I have created two scenarios on our squad server using it, one is a town assault and the other is Spec Ops pick up from random locations.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Visit the Dangerdogz at www.dangerdogz.com. We are a group based on having fun (no command structure, no expectations of attendance, no formal skills required, that is not to say we can not get serious for special events, of which we have many). We play DCS and IL2 GBS. We have two groups one based in North America / Canada and one UK / Europe. Come check us out. 

Bought already. 🥰

Btw. It was surprice for me that its aversion with glass cockpit, however its an good difference for known by me CH-47 models came from FSX,P3D or MSFS with classic gauges. However (again) it will be a bit of a misunderstanding 😉 if a map of Vietnam comes out (birds song) and we fly here on this Chinook version. 

Maybe classic version gauges DLC like update BS2>BS3 too pretty please? +1 👍

Edited by YoYo
  • Like 1

Webmaster of http://www.yoyosims.pl

Yoyosimsbanner.gif

Win 10 64, i9-13900 KF, RTX  4090 24Gb OC, RAM 64Gb Corsair Vengeance LED OC@3600MHz,, 3xSSD+3xSSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5, [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor2, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

There is a lot of room in the 'features' section used to describe the advantages of multiple hooks and a very wide cargo ramp. No doubt, those are defining features of the CH-47. What I find a little disconcerting is that literally no word is being said about the practical use of internal cargo in DCS being reworked.

I know ED probably learned their lesson in not wanting to put ambitious goals in the 'promised final features' list, but this has no such list at all.

• Like 3

• ED Team
Just now, Kang said:

There is a lot of room in the 'features' section used to describe the advantages of multiple hooks and a very wide cargo ramp. No doubt, those are defining features of the CH-47. What I find a little disconcerting is that literally no word is being said about the practical use of internal cargo in DCS being reworked.

I know ED probably learned their lesson in not wanting to put ambitious goals in the 'promised final features' list, but this has no such list at all.

We will be having a news item specifically about logistics / cargo in the future where we will share more details. 

A early access features list will be posted once we have confirmed it. 

thank you

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

I would love to have the confidence to purchase some of ED’s ‘Pre-Release’ modules and maps.
However, as stated elsewhere in these forums; I have decided to postpone any further intended upcoming purchases (Kola, Afghanistan, F-4, Chinook etc.) Until ED & Razbam make clear public statements that their ‘spat’ has been resolved and that the three Razbam items I have purchased will continue to be developed and supported! 

• Like 17

Self Build: 5000D Airflow Case, Asus ROG Maximus Z690 Hero DDR 5 MOBO, 1200W Corsair Modular PSU, I9-12900K CPU, MSI 3080 ti 12GB GPU, Corsair Vengence 64GB DDR5 5600 RAM, H150i Elite CPU Cooler, 2 x 1TB & 1 x 2TB Samsung 980 Pro M.2 PCIe 4.0 SSD's, Windows 10 Pro OS, Samsung Odyssey G7 28" G-Sync (3840 x 2160 Resolution) Monitor, Thrustmaster, ROG Strix Go 2.4 Headset , HOTAS Warthog Stick, Throttle & TPR Rudder mounted on WheelStandPro V2 rig. TrackIR 5 - DCS: Channel, Normandy 2, Persian Gulf, Syria, Nevada, S. Atlantic, Sinai - FC3, Super Carrier, Spitfire, Mosquito, P-51, P-47, Bf-109, FW-190 A-8, AH-64D, Huey, F18-C Hornet, AV-8B, F-16C, F-5E, A-10C II, F-86E Sabre, F-15E Strike Eagle, F-14 Tomcat, Viggen, MB-339. Android Tablet with DCS UFC & DCS NAV

Am certainly not buying it. DCS is missing a lot of logistics and troop transport functionality , that any of it exists at all is thanks to the hard work of independent contributors .

Also and even more importantly , ED now starting pre-order sales without even first publishing a feature list, leaves a very bad taste in my mouth. Just to be clear , you don’t even know what you will get for your hard-earned money.Certainly don’t want to support such business practices. I find it a very bad decision.

Edited by Snappy
  • Like 13

First off I live by rotor, I own most of the top modules as they're more of an extension of Airfix models that I and I'm sure many older users made when we were kids, I never dreamt I'd actually be able to fly them, so as someone in their mid 50 DCS is a dream come true, but it's rotors most days and mostly the Hind, the Apache great though it is is too "digital" for me, it's a death machine that does all the calculus for you, and killing is the least important aspect of flying for me, so the Chinook is very much in my wheel house.

I will be putting money down on the pre-order for the Chinook, this seems to be quite a divisive thing which is baffling as nobody is forcing early access on you.  You can wait until it's "officially" released if it causes your piss to turn to vinegar, but we all know the FOMO would drive you crackers, so just deal with it, stop making it ED's problem, it's yours, pick your poison and get on with it, I'd much rather be given the option than having to wait 2 years or more for a new module.

I'd also like to show some support for ED with regard to THESPAT, I know BN wants us to stay on topic but as someone who has run his own business or been self employed for 30+ years, disputes happen between vendors and clients all the time, we only know about this because of THESPAT, their actions were unprofessional, these matters are often legally bound to stay private (make sure to read your contract), because pubic spats can end in libelous accusations which can destroy  even the most robust business relationship.  This actually has nothing to do with us until we get officially notified by ED. THESPAT has potentially damaged the vendor's name, other companies will see that and question their integrity, like it or not that's just how the real world works, self entitlement doesn't butter any parsnips when it comes to business, something many users apparently do not understand.

Thank you ED for making my dreams come true.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

38 minutes ago, Snappy said:

DCS is missing a lot of logistics and troop transport functionality

Perhaps its a case of "chicken and egg"?  Without the tools to move things around what is the point of having things that can be moved around, now we are getting a tool to move things around perhaps that will bring us the things that need to be moved around...

• Like 1

Visit the Dangerdogz at www.dangerdogz.com. We are a group based on having fun (no command structure, no expectations of attendance, no formal skills required, that is not to say we can not get serious for special events, of which we have many). We play DCS and IL2 GBS. We have two groups one based in North America / Canada and one UK / Europe. Come check us out. 

14 minutes ago, DD_Friar said:

Perhaps its a case of "chicken and egg"?  Without the tools to move things around what is the point of having things that can be moved around, now we are getting a tool to move things around perhaps that will bring us the things that need to be moved around...

No, we had tools to move things around before since a long while, Mi-8 is well capable of troop transport and logistics.

• Like 4

Bought.  The RB debacle hit me hard as well.  The solution to banishing unhappy memories is to replace them with new happy memories.  I am happy to support ED and the future of my favorite hobby. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, T.Power said:

…  This actually has nothing to do with us until we get officially notified by ED….

Sorry, I respectfully disagree. It has everything to do with ‘us’ - Consequent to Razbam’s statement development and support for three of their products I purchased has stopped!!!
We were ‘notified’ of the situation by ED through the public statement they chose to publish.

• Like 4

Self Build: 5000D Airflow Case, Asus ROG Maximus Z690 Hero DDR 5 MOBO, 1200W Corsair Modular PSU, I9-12900K CPU, MSI 3080 ti 12GB GPU, Corsair Vengence 64GB DDR5 5600 RAM, H150i Elite CPU Cooler, 2 x 1TB & 1 x 2TB Samsung 980 Pro M.2 PCIe 4.0 SSD's, Windows 10 Pro OS, Samsung Odyssey G7 28" G-Sync (3840 x 2160 Resolution) Monitor, Thrustmaster, ROG Strix Go 2.4 Headset , HOTAS Warthog Stick, Throttle & TPR Rudder mounted on WheelStandPro V2 rig. TrackIR 5 - DCS: Channel, Normandy 2, Persian Gulf, Syria, Nevada, S. Atlantic, Sinai - FC3, Super Carrier, Spitfire, Mosquito, P-51, P-47, Bf-109, FW-190 A-8, AH-64D, Huey, F18-C Hornet, AV-8B, F-16C, F-5E, A-10C II, F-86E Sabre, F-15E Strike Eagle, F-14 Tomcat, Viggen, MB-339. Android Tablet with DCS UFC & DCS NAV

• ED Team
4 hours ago, Snappy said:

Am certainly not buying it. DCS is missing a lot of logistics and troop transport functionality , that any of it exists at all is thanks to the hard work of independent contributors .

Also and even more importantly , ED now starting pre-order sales without even first publishing a feature list, leaves a very bad taste in my mouth. Just to be clear , you don’t even know what you will get for your hard-earned money.Certainly don’t want to support such business practices. I find it a very bad decision.

We will have more info on this coming soon. Thanks. Pre-order as always is optional, and just a way to save early on a future module. 

• Like 1

64Sig.png
Forum RulesMy YouTube • My Discord - NineLine#0440• **How to Report a Bug**

1146563203_makefg(6).png.82dab0a01be3a361522f3fff75916ba4.png  80141746_makefg(1).png.6fa028f2fe35222644e87c786da1fabb.png  28661714_makefg(2).png.b3816386a8f83b0cceab6cb43ae2477e.png  389390805_makefg(3).png.bca83a238dd2aaf235ea3ce2873b55bc.png  216757889_makefg(4).png.35cb826069cdae5c1a164a94deaff377.png  1359338181_makefg(5).png.e6135dea01fa097e5d841ee5fb3c2dc5.png

Pre-order is also a way to 'vote with the wallet' on core development. Pour some coal on the machine, so that it may churn out more of the goodness in the coming months and years. BTRs that don't outdo ZSU's in air defence for example.

• Like 6

I5 9600KF, 32GB, 3080ti, G2, PointCTRL

4 hours ago, TonyRS said:

Sorry, I respectfully disagree. It has everything to do with ‘us’ - Consequent to Razbam’s statement development and support for three of their products I purchased has stopped!!!
We were ‘notified’ of the situation by ED through the public statement they chose to publish.

I own 2 of the 3 modules and I respectfully disagree with you legally as someone who deals with contracts all the time, but you're "entitled" to your own opinion which is clearly tainted if you feel the need to use 3 exclamation marks.

6 minutes ago, schurem said:

Pre-order is also a way to 'vote with the wallet' on core development. Pour some coal on the machine, so that it may churn out more of the goodness in the coming months and years. BTRs that don't outdo ZSU's in air defence for example.

Exactly, I beta test audio software for that very specific reason.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, DD_Friar said:

You mean something like the Mi8? Literally the most produced transport helicopter in the entire world; that's been part of the DCS ecosystem for... a decade?ish? now?

That seems very "chicken"-like to me, and it's been around for ages.

Or how about the Mi24? What happened to all the transport capabilities of it (that it cannot do in DCS without userbase scripts).

This is poor thought process; as just as we'd expect after ED releases this many helicopters; they'd bother looking at the ground AI from sniping helos out of the sky with their rifles.

Guess what they haven't worked on?

So now they're trying to sell yet another helicopter, except, it has no offensive weapons, as far as we know it won't have the ability to transport anything due to the lack of it in-game in the current format. On top of that, the remaining ground AI that will still shoot at you from behind a hillside.

• Like 5