DCS Patch notes discussion May 2024

BIGNEWY

• ED Team

Introduced a new terrain module: DCS: Kola Map by Orbx

DCS World

• Fixed crash on wsZone::load_from_state
  • MP. In multiplayer after hooking/unhooking a cargo any other cargo can't be selected - fixed
  • AI ground. The infantry can't complete the task Embarking in some case - fixed
  • AI ground. Incorrect behaviour of a unit if embarking limit is exceeded - fixed
  • Linked zone - crash on host respawn fixed

Campaigns

DCS: F/A-18C Rising Squall Campaign by INVERTED

• Reset the M00 opening animation to address the issue of not being able to take off directly. (If you encounter this problem, it is recommended to press the radio menu: Ground Crew - Salute)
  • Fixed the issue in M07 where there is no further storyline after shooting down all enemy.
  • Fixed missing Chinese images and translations of some dialogues in M10.
  • Fixed spelling text errors in some MIZ.
  • Fixed missing custom labels for some MIZ.
  • "Hit SA-11 CP" has been removed and "Hit all SA-11 LNs" has been added from the final mission objective in Tutorial - HARM.
  • Changed the activation time of some images in Tutorial - ACM.
  • Fixed the invincibility of some units to correct mission stuck in Tutorial - HMD.
  • Changed the type of IR missile to fixed the mission stuck in Tutorial - CMD IR.
  • Changed some flag to fixed the mission stuck in Tutorial - CMD CF.
  • Reduce the starting altitude to facilitate players in reducing bombing errors in Tutorial - CCRP.

P-51D: The Blue Nosed Bastards of Bodney Campaign by Reflected Simulations

• BBC is available on channel C

DCS: F-14A Zone 5 Campaign by Reflected Simulations

• New interactive checklists

DCS: F-14A Fear the Bones Campaign by Reflected Simulations

• Comms issue possible workaround (C-17 voice transmitter shouldn't rtb)

DCS: F-14 Speed & Angels Campaign by Reflected Simulations

• Skippable briefings
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

Only this five (5) small fixes in DCS world?  And three weeks ago?---- ED, what is going on? Last update was on April 10th...

• Like 3

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Pilot from Croatia

8 minutes ago, krazyj said:

no apache, not going to lie disappointed as it was mentioned that the C scan and link ect would be in the next (this ) update

Perhaps there are some mechanics for the Kola map, no idea. But the list of fixes is really underwhelming.

• Like 1

✈️ L-39, F-5E, F/A-18C, MiG-15, F-86F, C-101, FC3 🛩️ Yak-52, P-47, Spitfire 🚁 UH-1H, Ka-50 III 🗺️ NTTR, PG, SY, Chnl, Norm2 📦 Supercarrier, NS430, WWII 🕹️ VKB STECS+Gladiator/Kosmosima+TPR 
▶️ DCS Unscripted YouTube
🐛 "Favourite" bugs: 1) gates not growing regress, 2) L-39 target size cockpit animation regress, 3) Yak-52 toggles not toggling, 4) all Caucasus ATC bugs

That looks like ED were obliged to release Kola on a certain date, and pushed it out with a simple hotfix, whilst saving the real update for 2 weeks

• Like 4

System: 9700, 64GB DDR4, 2070S, NVME2, Rift S, Jetseat, Thrustmaster F18 grip, VPC T50 stick base and throttle, CH Throttle, MFG crosswinds, custom button box, Logitech G502 and Marble mouse.

Server: i5 2500@3.9Ghz, 1080, 24GB DDR3, SSD.

Posted (edited)
20 minutes ago, krazyj said:

no apache, not going to lie disappointed as it was mentioned that the C scan and link ect would be in the next (this ) update

This is not a 'true' DCS update, it's a map release. The new updates cycle has 6 weeks between updates. Last update was on the 10th of April, so the next 'true' update should be in about 3 weeks.

Edited by Mad_Shell
  • Like 5

How long do we have to wait till the F16 is playable again? Couldn't read anything about fixing all the bugs making it impossible to play the F16 WW Campaign (AG-Weapons, TGP, INS Offset, Markpoints, AGM boresighting, HARM Object disappears, and much, much more).

It looks like we have to wait till the F4 release? Would be a bummer, but otherwise I can't explain myself why we have to wait so long for some fixes for the F16. Most AG weapons have a bug, and some are not usable right now (AGM 65 D).

If this is the new "better" update procedure (only one release candidate for all), please give us the old one back (Stable and Beta). My feeling is the Stable, right now, is much worse than the Beta ever was (F16).

• Like 4

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7950X3D, System-RAM: 64 GB DDR5, GPU: nVidia 4090, Monitor: LG 38" 3840*1600, VR-HMD: Pimax Crystal, OS: Windows 11Pro, 2*2TB Samsung M.2 SSD, HOTAS: TM Warthog, Paddles: MfG.

What does ED do? Just what they said, an update every 4 to 6 weeks so don't grumble and let them do their job because at the moment they are doing it well.
Have a good flight gentlemen🤗

• Like 6

Sorry, but that isn't an argument at all if the module, which worked well since months, suddenly isn't nearly playable after 1 patch and 2 "Hotfixes".

4 - 6 Weeks to wait because ED "destroyed" the whole Module? That's a bad joke, isn't it?

The F16 isn't even usable anymore. The TGP is completely broken. And the best part is, we were told to use it to fix the new INS drift (as I know only the F16 got this behavior right now) with all GPS weapons. But wait, the best part is, the TGP has a kind of INS drift too. Good work? I wouldn't say so.

Go to the F16 Bug-Forum and read about all the game breaking bugs. Never ever before, we had so many game breaking bugs, but we have to wait 4-6 weeks for a "Fix"?

That must be a kind of humor I am unable to understand.

• Like 3

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7950X3D, System-RAM: 64 GB DDR5, GPU: nVidia 4090, Monitor: LG 38" 3840*1600, VR-HMD: Pimax Crystal, OS: Windows 11Pro, 2*2TB Samsung M.2 SSD, HOTAS: TM Warthog, Paddles: MfG.

Posted (edited)

That's one heck of a map... 🤔

image.png

Edited by Raven (Elysian Angel)
fixed the "null"
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Spoiler

Ryzen 9 5900X | 64GB G.Skill TridentZ 3600 | Gigabyte RX6900XT | ASUS ROG Strix X570-E GAMING | Samsung 990Pro 2TB + 960Pro 1TB NMVe | HP Reverb G2
Pro Flight Trainer Puma | VIRPIL MT-50CM2+3 base / CM2 x2 grip with 200 mm S-curve extension + CM3 throttle + CP2/3 + FSSB R3L + VPC Rotor TCS Plus base with SharKa-50 grip mounted on Monstertech MFC-1 | TPR rudder pedals

OpenXR | PD 1.0 | 100% render resolution | DCS "HIGH" preset

9 minutes ago, Badger1-1 said:

For a friday release I was hoping for something bigger..welp

I think it's been clear that is was Kola map release patch. And not part of the main patching schedule.

• Like 2

i7 13700k @5.2ghz, GTX 3090, 64Gig ram 4800mhz DDR5, M2 drive.

Posted (edited)

Yeah with a six week update frequency, next update was not sheduled before end of may, so there isn't anything to complain about.

I (naivly) hoped for a surprice release of the F-4 Phantom and maybe fixes and additions that might have been ready to be added, but it´s unfair to be disappointed.

Edited by fjacobsen
  • Like 1

i7-10700K 3.8-5.1Ghz, 32GB RAM, RTX 4070 12GB, 1 x 1 TB SSD, 2 x 2TB SSD2 TB,  1 x 2 TBHDD 7200 RPM, Win10 Home 64bit, Meta Quest 3.

• ED Team

This patch was focused on the Kola early access release, I will update the patch status with the next patch date as soon as I can depending on test results. 

thank you 

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

1 hour ago, hreich said:

Only this five (5) small fixes in DCS world?  And three weeks ago?---- ED, what is going on? Last update was on April 10th...

My best guess would be they're heavily involved with Heatblur in getting the core adjusted to perform with all the eye candy that will come with the F-4.

• Like 1

AMD Ryzen 9 5950x, MSI MEG x570 Unify, G.Skill 128GB DDR4-3200, MSI RTX3090 Ventus 3x 24GB, Samsung PCIe 4.0 M.2 1TB 980 Pro, Seagate PCIe 4.0 M.2 2TB FireCuda 520, Quest 3

vor 16 Stunden schrieb BIGNEWY:

This patch was focused on the Kola early access release, I will update the patch status with the next patch date as soon as I can depending on test results. 

thank you 

It seems like some of the campaign updates from the changelog didn't make it into the patch (interactive checklists). Will there be a hotfix next week to include those? Thanks. 

• Like 1

• ED Team
18 minutes ago, Jayhawk1971 said:

It seems like some of the campaign updates from the changelog didn't make it into the patch (interactive checklists). Will there be a hotfix next week to include those? Thanks. 

Strange I will ask the team to check, however not something that would be a hotfix.

thank you 

• Like 1

• ED Team
1 hour ago, JupiterJoe said:

Any update @BIGNEWY?

Yes, seems they were over looked and will be added to the next patch. 

thank you 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • ED Team

Current version number: 2.9.4.53990

Next planned update: Delayed until 22nd May 2024 

Dear all,

during final checks some blocking issues were found and we will require some time to resolve them. We want the F-4E launch to be the best experience it can be so delaying for one day is the best option, thank you for your understanding and patience. 

• Like 6

13 minutes ago, BIGNEWY said:

Current version number: 2.9.4.53990

Next planned update: Delayed until 22nd May 2024 

Dear all,

during final checks some blocking issues were found and we will require some time to resolve them. We want the F-4E launch to be the best experience it can be so delaying for one day is the best option, thank you for your understanding and patience. 

you will be hearing from my legal team XD