DCS World 2.0 and New Maps Discussion Thread

Wags

• Replies 7.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I hope I'm wrong, but it might be good to clarify the situation to avoid a shock later.

Clarify what?

Unfounded speculation, ie have to pay for modules again to work with 2.0?

Now I know that you know that that's NEVER gonna happen, don't you? I mean cm'on, that right there is just, with all due respect, bordering on the ludicrous. Nowhere is even the slightest hint that that is even remotely being contemplated, never mind being considered.

Cannot reasonably ask someone to clarify that which only exists in your conscience.

Novice or Veteran looking for an alternative MP career?

Click me to commence your Journey of Pillage and Plunder!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

'....And when I get to Heaven, to St Peter I will tell....

One more Soldier reporting Sir, I've served my time in Hell......'

You should read ED's responses in comments on FB, they say Sabre is still July and Dora still August. No need to try spreading rumors of delays...

Here is the quote:

"Both Sabre and Dora will be released on 1.2.9. Sabre is planned for July and Dora for August."

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Deedle, deedle!

Clarify what?

Unfounded speculation, ie have to pay for modules again to work with 2.0?

Now I know that you know that that's NEVER gonna happen, don't you? I mean cm'on, that right there is just, with all due respect, bordering on the ludicrous. Nowhere is even the slightest hint that that is even remotely being contemplated, never mind being considered.

Cannot reasonably ask someone to clarify that which only exists in your conscience.

Speculation yes, founded or unfounded I leave it to you. Some times when there were "significant improvements", there was a financial repercussion. And I gave 2 examples. You have been around for a while, I'm sure you remember them. Was ever hinted that Black Shark 2 was going to be a paid upgrade? If it was I missed it...

I may probably consider that it is fair to have to pay for a "significant improvement" like a graphic engine rewrite. However, I might not agree with all possible ways to fund it (like charging for module migration)

It's not my style to throll in forums, and I promise you it is not my intention in this case. If I ask is because I DON'T KNOW if it will happen or not, and as a client I really consider I have the right to respectfully ask.

So, if my legitimate question is offensive to ED (I don't see why it would be), any moderator can obviously delete it. If not, I would like to have it answered. If the answer is that there will be no charge, then that's it, and this and my previous post will be ignored. If it is the opposite, at least we will have an early warning.

EDIT: Viper, I now see your ED tester forum tag, may I assume that your answer was an official answer from ED?

Edited by Tucano_uy

Its awesome how this forum brings out always the dark side from some people about every news or update.

How powerful is the dark side .

• Like 1

" You must think in russian.."

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Windows 7 Home Premium-Intel 2500K OC 4.6-SSD Samsung EVO 860- MSI GTX 1080 - 16G RAM - 1920x1080 27´

Hotas Rhino X-55-MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals -Track IR 4

EDIT: Viper, I now see your ED tester forum tag, may I assume that your answer was an official answer from ED?

No.

Testers are unpaid volunteers. Apart from the mandatory NDA, we have absolutely no affiliation with TFC/ED whatsoever and as such are unable to comment at all. As such our posts are akin to every other fellow forum member - nothing more, nothing less.

Novice or Veteran looking for an alternative MP career?

Click me to commence your Journey of Pillage and Plunder!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

'....And when I get to Heaven, to St Peter I will tell....

One more Soldier reporting Sir, I've served my time in Hell......'

Great news indeed but, what breaks my heart is that we're getting closer to DCS 2.0 and still no news about MiG-29 3D external model and 6DoF. It's been 7 months since they started it and not even a single photo (meaning it's still very early W.I.P.). It's the only aircraft with 3D model and cockpit not updated since LOMAC. :(

I'm thinking about to write some mails to the German game magazines (Gamestar, PC Games and so on), and give them a hint to DCS (and 2.0.0), 'cause the only 2 sims on their "Top Games" list for simulations are Sim City and Truck Simulator ... no DCS, FSX, no Falcon, not only one flight sim. :(

Hardware: Intel i5 4670K | Zalman NPS9900MAX | GeIL 16GB @1333MHz | Asrock Z97 Pro4 | Sapphire Radeon R9 380X Nitro | Samsung SSDs 840 series 120GB & 250 GB | Samsung HD204UI 2TB | be quiet! Pure Power 530W | Aerocool RS-9 Devil Red | Samsung SyncMaster SA350 24" + ASUS VE198S 19" | Saitek X52 | TrackIR 5 | Thrustmaster MFD Cougar | Speedlink Darksky LED | Razor Diamondback | Razor X-Mat Control | SoundBlaster Tactic 3D Rage ### Software: Windows 10 Pro 64Bit

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

So can someone tell me what confirmed news there actually is here other than 1.3.0 is just going to be rebranded 2.0.0 for reasons that were already readily apparently (EDGE, changes, big, much, etc)?

I see people trying to read into the tea leaves and wonder if I'm missing something here.

Warning: Nothing I say is automatically correct, even if I think it is.

Great news indeed but, what breaks my heart is that we're getting closer to DCS 2.0 and still no news about MiG-29 3D external model and 6DoF. It's been 7 months since they started it and not even a single photo (meaning it's still very early W.I.P.). It's the only aircraft with 3D model and cockpit not updated since LOMAC. :(

I feel your pain brother. It's the only one I want out of the FC line-up. Looking forward to the next update!

Valve Index | RTX 3070 Ti (Mobile) | i7-12700H @ 2.7GHz | 16GB RAM

So can someone tell me what confirmed news there actually is here other than 1.3.0 is just going to be rebranded 2.0.0 for reasons that were already readily apparently (EDGE, changes, big, much, etc)?

I see people trying to read into the tea leaves and wonder if I'm missing something here.

Afaik:

• former 1.3.0 is now 2.0.0
  • 2.0.0 will contail "extensive changes" which include EDGE
  • Nevada release schedule still not disclosed
  • MiG-21 will be released with 2.0.0 (no date given so far)
  • F-86 will be released with 1.2.9 (in July, as per already known schedule)
  • Fw-190 will be released with 1.2.9 (in August, as per already known schedule)

• Like 1

I'm thinking about to write some mails to the German game magazines (Gamestar, PC Games and so on), and give them a hint to DCS (and 2.0.0), 'cause the only 2 sims on their "Top Games" list for simulations are Sim City and Truck Simulator ... no DCS, FSX, no Falcon, not only one flight sim. :(

Already tried this for gamestar a year ago, unfortunately no answer yet :(

:cry::cry::cry:

Oh well no news.

Maybe we might get lucky and its a surprise.

Intel i5 7600K @ 4.2GHz | 32GB G.Skill Trident RGB DDR4 @ 3200MHz | MSI RTX 4060 Gaming X 8G | WD Black NVMe 2TB | Sound Blaster Audigy RX | MSI Z270 Gaming M3 | Corsair H80i v2 | Corsair RM750x | Thrustmaster T.16000M FCS Flight Pack | TrackIR 5 | Windows 10 Home 64-bit |

Sig1.png

I just hope it doesn't mean that we will have to pay for 1.2.X modules to work in 2.0.0.

Black Shark 1 to 2 and FC2 to 3 comes to my mind.

Sorry, but I smell a rat here, there were recent changes in the ED bonus system plus the BIG version number change...

I know that ED already said that World 2 will be freeware, but I've heard nothing about the modules.

I am as exited as everybody with version 2.0 and EDGE, but I would not be able to afford all the modules I bought for 1.X.X.

I hope I'm wrong, but it might be good to clarify the situation to avoid a shock later.

Good point, now I'm really worried. :cry:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

OS: Windows 10 Pro 64Bit - CPU: Intel Core i7-9700K - MB: Asus ROG Maximus XI Hero - RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB DDR4 3200 - GPU: Nvidia GeForce RTX2080ti

Controllers: Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog, Thrustmaster Cougar MFDs, Saitek Combat Rudder Pedals

Head tracking: FaceTrackNOIR+FreeTrack 3 Points Cap

VR headset: VALVE Index

Already tried this for gamestar a year ago, unfortunately no answer yet :(

With the emergence of more substantial WWII content in DCS, they might become interested. A recent article on Rise of Flight: Channel Battles Edition was actually celebrating it as being a detailed and unforgiving, but also accessible simulation:

Review

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Deedle, deedle!

I know that ED already said that World 2 will be freeware, but I've heard nothing about the modules.

That would destroy the whole idea of DCS World, so I think we won't have to pay twice for all our modules ...

Releasing the "Sabre" before this big update, wouldn't make any sense, too.

PS: And at least, I paid with my A-10C Beta for the Nevada map, too. So, I would have to pay twice to get Nevada ... :/ Nope, I don't think.

Edited by VTJG17_Fire

Hardware: Intel i5 4670K | Zalman NPS9900MAX | GeIL 16GB @1333MHz | Asrock Z97 Pro4 | Sapphire Radeon R9 380X Nitro | Samsung SSDs 840 series 120GB & 250 GB | Samsung HD204UI 2TB | be quiet! Pure Power 530W | Aerocool RS-9 Devil Red | Samsung SyncMaster SA350 24" + ASUS VE198S 19" | Saitek X52 | TrackIR 5 | Thrustmaster MFD Cougar | Speedlink Darksky LED | Razor Diamondback | Razor X-Mat Control | SoundBlaster Tactic 3D Rage ### Software: Windows 10 Pro 64Bit

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

They could always pull a 'You need to pay for the new rendering engine and these modules/maps require the new rendering engine'.

They could also give it to us free and make us pay for the maps and modules.

Or we could have to buy everything over again.

Or WWIII could start. We just don't know.

I can see this thread getting out of control with speculation. Hopefully there will be an official announcement soon to get this under control.

Intel i5-9600K @ 3.7GHz

Gigabyte Z370XP SLI Mobo

G.SKILL Ripjaws V Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) 288-Pin DDR4

GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 2070 8GB 256-Bit GDDR6(Assume the latest driver version)

Thermaltake Water 3.0 Certified Liquid Cooling System

Windows 10 Professional

Oculus Rift-S /TrackIR 5 in case VR dies

Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog w/ Thrustmaster T-Flight Rudder Pedals

• ED Team

*sigh* They are moving to 2.0.0 because the changes are extensive enough to warrant it, you wont need to re-buy your modules or buy upgrades... come on guys... no need for tinfoil at this point.

There has been no reason to believe they are going to change how DCS World is distributed.

Its known that EDGE will be released as an update (which now appears to be 2.0.0) and new maps will be payware somewhere in the ($40-$50) range (subject to change of course and some time after 2.0.0 as far as we know EDGE will release with current map initially)

A number of the improvements have been discussed at some point over the past while, so we know many of them just not yet confirmed with 2.0.0 yet (I'd list the known ones, but nothing has been confirmed for 2.0.0 besides EDGE so we need to wait for official word)

There are improvements we dont know about yet, and I am sure an announcement will follow at some point.

So relax guys...

I just hope it doesn't mean that we will have to pay for 1.2.X modules to work in 2.0.0.

Black Shark 1 to 2 and FC2 to 3 comes to my mind.

Sorry, but I smell a rat here, there were recent changes in the ED bonus system plus the BIG version number change...

I am as exited as everybody with version 2.0 and EDGE, but I would not be able to afford all the modules I bought for 1.X.X.

Edited by NineLine

64Sig.png
Forum RulesMy YouTube • My Discord - NineLine#0440• **How to Report a Bug**

1146563203_makefg(6).png.82dab0a01be3a361522f3fff75916ba4.png  80141746_makefg(1).png.6fa028f2fe35222644e87c786da1fabb.png  28661714_makefg(2).png.b3816386a8f83b0cceab6cb43ae2477e.png  389390805_makefg(3).png.bca83a238dd2aaf235ea3ce2873b55bc.png  216757889_makefg(4).png.35cb826069cdae5c1a164a94deaff377.png  1359338181_makefg(5).png.e6135dea01fa097e5d841ee5fb3c2dc5.png