• AH-1W Super Cobra
    • AH-64A Apache
    • AH-64D Longbow
    • Eurocopter Tiger
    • Mi-24 Hind
    • Mi-28 Havok
    • Rooivalk
    • Other

Maybe because the helichopper is still classified....

Oh hell... just realized that my precious Chinook and Lynx are gone from the list! Naooooooo!cry.gifsad.gif

And the NH90....:cry:

The only way to make sense out of change is to plunge into it, move with it, and join the dance.

"Me, the 13th Duke of Wybourne, here on the ED forums at 3 'o' clock in the morning, with my reputation. Are they mad.."

https://ko-fi.com/joey45

All helicopters are gone from the list. :(

By the way, luckily no one mentioned about Combat-Helo, and please... don't. :D

Intel i7-14700@5.6GHz | MSI RTX4080 Super SuprimX | Corsair V. 32GB@6400MHz. | Samsung 1TB 990 PRO SSD (Win10Homex64)
Samsung G5 32" + Samsung 18" + 2x8"TFT Displays | Saitek X-55 Rhino & Rudder | TM MFD Cougars | Logitech G13, G230, G510, PZ55 & Farming Sim Panel | TIR5
>>MY MODS<< | Discord: Devrim#1068

An AH-64 doesn't have anything systems wise that other DCS aircraft don't already have in some form. I think the two major things holding it back are the requirement for an AI pilot/gunner and a lack of interest on the part of the various current 3rd party devs.

Agree with Hrothgar. I for one see the future as extremely bright for DCS products and all the 3rd party developers (especially those freaking amazing guys at leatherneck).

+1 for ED, Belsimtek or Leatherneck to do the 64D :)

Roll on September

PS: Anyone remember playing Digital Integration's Apache? Bought my first CH Products rudder pedals in 1996 for that sim.

Edited by X93355

InWin S Frame with Asus Z170 | i7-6700K @ 4.5 Water Cooled CPU and Graphics | 16GB DDR4 | GTX1070 | 240GB M.2 SSD | Warthog Hotas | MFG Crosswind | 40" Samsung 4K | CV1 | Replica MB Mk10 Ejection Seat with Gametrix 908

we now live in a multinational world, and licensing the use of anything for game simulated is now copyrighted; for the future plan's from modelers in the industry, and is preventing anything to be represented in a simulation. :thumbup: so Siming in my opinion will be dead in the not to distant future. everyone will be playing mine craft instead, or infantry simulators.:thumbup:

" any failure you meet, is never a defeat; merely a set up for a greater come back, "  W Forbes

"Success is not final, failure is not fatal, it is the courage to continue that counts,"  Winston Churchill

" He who never changes his mind, never changes anything," 

MSI z690MPG DDR4 || i914900k|| ddr4-64gb PC3200 || MSI RTX 4070Ti|Game1300w|Win10x64| |turtle beach elite pro 5.1|| ViRpiL,T50cm2|| MFG Crosswinds|| VT50CM-plus rotor Throttle || G10 RGB EVGA Keyboard/MouseLogitech || PiMax Crystal VR || 32 Samsung||

You mean the Hind? :D

No he meant the DI "Apache Longbow" (not to be mixed up with EA/Jane's Longbow) that was released before DIs "Hind"(1996) in 1995 ;)

If I remember correct, you could even battle in multiplayer Apache vs. Hind...

Shagrat

- Flying Sims since 1984 -:pilotfly:

Win 10 | i5 10600K@4.1GHz | 64GB | GeForce RTX 3090 - Asus VG34VQL1B  | TrackIR5 | Simshaker & Jetseat | VPForce Rhino Base & VIRPIL T50 CM2 Stick on 200mm curved extension | VIRPIL T50 CM2 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Plus/Apache64 Grip | MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals | WW Top Gun MIP | a hand made AHCP | 2x Elgato StreamDeck (Buttons galore)

No he meant the DI "Apache Longbow" (not to be mixed up with EA/Jane's Longbow) that was released before DIs "Hind"(1996) in 1995 ;)

If I remember correct, you could even battle in multiplayer Apache vs. Hind...

I know exactly which one he meant. :beer:

I was just... "correcting" him on his choice, that he chose the wrong chopper. :smilewink:

PS: I still have both, bought new when they came out. Maybe I still even have the box they came in, don't know - could've been I used it/threw it away long time ago. :(

I vote for this Cobra Module. I made this in Adobe Illustrator.

(Quote Image Removed)

Well that's the first step done.:D

Hah, but in a seriousness I wouldn't say no to a cobra; even though I did vote for the Apache, I honestly wouldn't care which one we got. :)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I vote for this Cobra Module. I made this in Adobe Illustrator.

That is a Marine Corps Zulu cobra.

AH-1Z_850x-1.jpg

The AH-1F was the most modern Army version.

1303064.jpg

Truly superior pilots are those that use their superior judgment to avoid those situations where they might have to use their superior skills.

If you ever find yourself in a fair fight, your tactics suck!

"If at first you don't succeed, Carrier Landings are not for you!"

• 3 weeks later...
THX I'll have to rename the box art, LOL. But you guys get the Idea right? Maybe someone can make LHD-7 USS Iwo Jima to go with it?

Spent 3 years on LHD-3 fixing em. :thumbup:

V/R,

Ohgr

VCVW-11 "Vapor"

USN AE 2001-2015

Heatblur Tomcat Tester

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

A version of the AH-64, S and W version of the AH-1, UH-1version N, Mi-28 version N, Mi-24 version V or P. And off course, if ever done the AH-64 A please make sure you make an OH-58 D.

Another helicopter I would like to see is Lynx.

ASUS N552VX | i7-6700HQ @ 2.59GHz | 16 GB DDR3 | NVIDIA GF GTX 950M 4 Gb | 250 Gb SSD | 1 Tb HD SATA II Backup | TIR4 | Microsoft S. FF 2+X52 Throttle+Saitek Pedals | Win 10 64 bits

That box art looks amazing SPEKTRE76! Personally I'd love a Mil Mi-24 (probably the Mil Mi-24V) module. Thanks to SPEKTRE, I think I'd definitely love an OH-58D module :)

Ollie

Modules I own: F-14A/B, Mi-24P, AV-8B N/A, AJS 37, F-5E-3, MiG-21bis, F-16CM, F/A-18C, Supercarrier, Mi-8MTV2, UH-1H, Mirage 2000C, FC3, MiG-15bis, Ka-50, A-10C (+ A-10C II), P-47D, P-51D, C-101, Yak-52, WWII Assets, CA, NS430, Hawk.

Terrains I own: South Atlantic, Syria, The Channel, SoH/PG, Marianas.

System:

GIGABYTE B650 AORUS ELITE AX, AMD Ryzen 5 7600, Corsair Vengeance DDR5-5200 32 GB, Western Digital Black SN850X 1 TB (DCS dedicated) & 2 TB NVMe SSDs, Corsair RM850X 850 W, NZXT H7 Flow, MSI G274CV.

Peripherals: VKB Gunfighter Mk.II w. MCG Pro, MFG Crosswind V3 Graphite, Logitech Extreme 3D Pro.