Second World War Era Aircraft Wish List

PLAAF

Not very nice. in every era we can go head to head and I'll take the American planes each time and I'll eat your lunch

I'll take that bet.

Now we just need someone to make us a Frank, and the Pacific US plane of your choice.

Even if I lose I'll win, as I'll obviously be buying both. :music_whistling:

Oh, and a map of Okinawa or the Leyte Gulf, please. And while you're at it throw in an aircraft carrier or two. :smilewink:

PC - 3900X - Asus Crosshair Hero VIII - NZXT Kraken 63 - 32 GB RAM - 2080ti - SB X-Fi Titanium PCIe - Alienware UW - Windows 10

Sim hardware - Warthog throttle - VKB Gunfighter III - CH Quadrant - Slaw Device Pedals - Obutto R3volution pit - HP Reverb G2 - 2X AuraSound shakers

• Replies 561
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't think so it is planned. From my point of view i like this plane a lot but still it is slow beast. Later in WW2 JU-87 were replaced by fight-bomber version of FW-190. We will have P-47 on the allied side, which is pretty good ground attack plane and even not so bad high altitude fighter. FW-190 F8/U1 is still my favourite choice.

Problem with JU-87 is which version to developed. B-2 version is obsolete. D-3, D-5 are good choices because they can use bombs and they were test platforms for dual 37 mm cannon. Final version was G-2 with dual 37 mm. Probably really powerfull armament but i heard they had very limited amount of ammo. I am just thinking loud. Nice plane to add for flying not sure for fighting :)

Sorry, but Ju-87 has no place in the late war ETO. The Germans do need a good ground attack aircraft, though. Most multiplayer maps seem to heavily focus on vehicles, bridges, and tanks.

I agree with Mobius that a Fw 190F-8 would be a good choice.

P-51D | Fw 190D-9 | Bf 109K-4 | Spitfire Mk IX | P-47D | WW2 assets pack | F-86 | Mig-15 | Mig-21 | Mirage 2000C | A-10C II | F-5E | F-16 | F/A-18 | Ka-50 | Combined Arms | FC3 | Nevada | Normandy | Straight of Hormuz | Syria

I like the Stuka quite a bit, and would likely get if one was released. Though, I have to agree that it is a bit on the dangerous side to fly in combat. Already by the early war it was close to being obsolete and relied quite a lot on air superiority, and during Battle of Britain RAF had a few turkey shoots against them if I recall correctly.

I have always been appaled that Luftwaffe, a tactical airforce, instrument of Blitzkrieg, never really had very good CAS aircraft. Aircraft like Stuka, Ju-88, Me-110, Fw-190F etc did the job to some degree, but allied attack or fighter bomber aircraft always seemed better ground pounders to me.

Oh well, veering off topic already :) I would find a Stuka interesting but, I don't think we'll see one soon, may be after many other aircraft are covered from many eras, someone may choose to do one as a niche product.

Teaming up with some friends and do some dive bombing on shipping, structures or ground forces would be fun.

Wishlist: F-4E Block 53 +, MiG-27K, Su-17M3 or M4, AH-1F or W circa 80s or early 90s, J35 Draken, Kfir C7, Mirage III/V

DCS-Dismounts Script

Next wish drops bombs.

After reading other posts about wanting a flyable B17,

"requesting a target to shoot down sir"

I dream of squadrons of fighters protecting fleets of bombers. Shouldn't be a dream though. Even one bomber, so bombers could fly missions. The tactics would be unprecedented. Real. And if they fail to deliver there, that's sad. If they do decide to actually simulate WW2, I'll buy a Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, and always be on DCS.

Many reads on those posts anyway. "B17"

Alotta interest. This could get so good..

WWII Carrier planes

So with the (not so) recent news about carriers coming to DCS in the future, I guess we can also expect WWII carrier planes to appear not too long after and that?

The thought of flying an F4u towards a carrier for landing in a modern game makes me feel all warm and fuzzy inside. :pilotfly:

Would you like to see WWII carrier-based warbirds in DCS? If so, which ones?

i5 4590 @ 3.77GHz | GTX 1060 6GB | 16GB 1600MHz DDR3 | 1TB HDD+500GB HDD | Win10 Home X64

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Weell among what is already announced or listed in roadmaps, Bearcat, Wildcat and (well technically...) Bf-109T are carrier planes.

As for what other carrier based WW II aircraft I'd like to see, a few different marks of A6M Zeros, Hellcat, Corsair, SBD and Avenger would all be very cool to have.

A Hawker Sea Fury though, while somewhat postwar like the Bearcat, would be very, very cool. I have always found that one quite interesting, and pretty looking too!

Strangely though, while I have a strong interest in many old and modern carrier aircraft, I have next to no interest at all in operating from carriers lol, but well that's just me :).

Wishlist: F-4E Block 53 +, MiG-27K, Su-17M3 or M4, AH-1F or W circa 80s or early 90s, J35 Draken, Kfir C7, Mirage III/V

DCS-Dismounts Script

• 3 weeks later...

Other than the Tempest, I'd like to fly either the F4U or F6F. However, you'd probably need a Zero or KI84 to go up against it which means you need etc etc etc etc....

They did use these a/c against the Luftwaffe in Italy I believe.

AMD AM4 Ryzen7 3700X 3.6ghz/MSI AM4 ATX MAG X570 Tomahawk DDR4/32GB DDR4 G.Skill 3600mhz/1TB 970 Evo SSD/ASUS RTX2070 8gb Super

Here's my WWII list,that i would like to see.P-51B Mustang,P-38 Lightning,P-61 Black Widow,SBD Dauntless,T-6 Texan,PBY Catalina,B-24 Liberator,B-25 Mitchell,Lockheed PVY Ventura/Hudson,MIG-3.

lol only that? :P

I'd be happy with a handful of a/c but a PROPER map. Western Europe would be perfect (which is what they're creating I understand). My main issue though is ensuring a/c are developed with the correct period in mind eg. you can't develop a P-51D and Spit XIV for the allies, and an ME-109E or 4 for the Axis and expect them to be able to battle on even terms.

From memory, you always had a rough match up in a/c between the Allies/Germans eg.

Spit I, II - BF109E/F

Spit V/IX, P51B/D, P47B/D - BF109G/K, FW190A2 (I think)

I'm more interested in the ground attack or anti shipping roles ie. Hawker Typhoon / Tempest, DeHavilland Mosquito, Bristol Beaufighter.

AMD AM4 Ryzen7 3700X 3.6ghz/MSI AM4 ATX MAG X570 Tomahawk DDR4/32GB DDR4 G.Skill 3600mhz/1TB 970 Evo SSD/ASUS RTX2070 8gb Super

lol only that? :P

I'm more interested in the ground attack or anti shipping roles ie. Hawker Typhoon / Tempest, DeHavilland Mosquito, Bristol Beaufighter.

Oh for a Westland Whirlwind, that's the one I would love to see, but there is such a shortage of data about it and no surviving aircraft :(

A lovely little twin engine single seat fighter/ground attack with 4 20mm canon in the nose, they even made a nose with 12 .303 guns and one with a 37mm canon too. The aircraft was designed by that same chap that designed the EE Lightning, Teddy Petter :)

Sons of Dogs, Come Eat Flesh

Clan Cameron

Now how about these? I'd buy every single one immediately if they were ASM/PFM aircraft!

1/ IL-2

2/ Yak-3

3/ Pe-2

4/ Mossie

5/ C-47

6/ Ju-52

7/ Beaufighter

8/ Stuka

9/ TB-3 (yes, really :D)

10/ Heinkel Uhu

The DCS Mi-8MTV2. The best aviational BBW experience you could ever dream of.

Corsair

Mitchell bomber

Waiting expectantly for the P-47. (Funds allocated) :>

Dogs of War Squadron

Call sign "HeadHunter" P-51D /Spitfire Jockey

Gigabyte EP45T-UD3LR /Q9650 3.6Ghz | 16GB DDR3 1600 RipJaws | EVGA GTX-1060 ACX3 FTW | ThrustMaster 16000m & G13 GamePad w/analog rudder stick | TurtleBeach EarForce PX22 | Track IR5 | Vizio 40" 4K TV monitor (stuck temporarily with an Acer 22" :( )