You know when it's time to take a break from DCS A10-C when..

HAVOC131

• Replies 650
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

When you have to consult a doc to get you muscle strains treated, a stiff neck corrected and your wife puts a lock on your gaming room door for a week !!!

Ouch ! damn, I get old :(

Bit

Gigabyte Aorus X570S Master - Ryzen 5900X - Gskill 64GB 3200/CL14@3600/CL14 - Asus 1080ti EK-waterblock - 4x Samsung 980Pro 1TB - 1x Samsung 870 Evo 1TB - 1x SanDisc 120GB SSD - Heatkiller IV - MoRa3-360LT@9x120mm Noctua F12 - Corsair AXi-1200 - TiR5-Pro - Warthog Hotas - Saitek Combat Pedals - Asus PG278Q 27" QHD Gsync 144Hz - Corsair K70 RGB Pro - Win11 Pro/Linux - Phanteks Evolv-X 

...and your wife puts a lock on your gaming room door for a week !!!t

Or, how about when you haven't seen your wife for a week. :D

WC

Visit the Hollo Pointe DCS World server -- an open server with a variety of COOP & H2H missions including Combined Arms. All released missions are available for free download, modification and public hosting, from my Wrecking Crew Projects site.

How about when your 3 year old grand daughter keeps repeating "Pull up, pull up, pull up" ?

This wouldn't be so bad except she lives in a different state and repeats this to my wife over Facetime... (Apparently, this is heard in the background?)

Oops..

:music_whistling:

And that is a TRUE STORY

"Pride is a poor substitute for intelligence."

RAMBO

When you ask your doctor for "Go Pills" to keep you alert so you can fly missions non stop 24-7 and he sends you to a shrink.:pilotfly:

Regards

John W

aka WarHog.

My Cockpit Build Pictures...

John Wall

My Arduino Sketches ... https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1-Dc0Wd9C5l3uY-cPj1iQD3iAEHY6EuHg?usp=sharing

WIN 10 Pro, i8-8700k @ 5.0ghz, ASUS Maximus x Code, 16GB Corsair Dominator Platinum Ram,

AIO Water Cooler, M.2 512GB NVMe,

500gb SSD, EVGA GTX 1080 ti (11gb), Sony 65” 4K Display

VPC MongoosT-50, TM Warthog Throttle, TRK IR 5.0, Slaw Viper Pedals

When you use a cash point machine and realise the hard/soft interface

is exactly the same as an A10-C MFD even down to the lines going from

the button to the option.

Waitrose carpark. :)

But can you bring up a moving map display on that money machine?

If yes, then DEFINITELY time to take a break!

:cry:

"Pride is a poor substitute for intelligence."

RAMBO

When you use a vending machine and don't put the right amount of change in, and it tells you the amount is incorrect, and the first thing you think is "oh, CICU INPUT ERROR"

"Would you say we'd be venturing into a "Zone of Danger?"

:megalol:

Shagrat

- Flying Sims since 1984 -:pilotfly:

Win 10 | i5 10600K@4.1GHz | 64GB | GeForce RTX 3090 - Asus VG34VQL1B  | TrackIR5 | Simshaker & Jetseat | VPForce Rhino Base & VIRPIL T50 CM2 Stick on 200mm curved extension | VIRPIL T50 CM2 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Plus/Apache64 Grip | MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals | WW Top Gun MIP | a hand made AHCP | 2x Elgato StreamDeck (Buttons galore)

when the wife says "look, it's either the a10c or me" and you catch yourself writing up a needs list for packing up the pit...

Acer AMD Phenom II x 4 840T, 16 gb. memory, Zotac GTX580 Amp2 3GB, 40" Philips tv, Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog, Saitek Combat Rudders , Cougar MFCD's w/ 21.5" LG monitor, DSD Track Master button box, 3rd. century Roman field comanders helmet w/ Track IR 5, Windows 7 Home P.

“God is a comedian, playing to an audience that's afraid to laugh.”... Voltaire

"Diplomacy is the practiced art of being able to confidently say 'nice doggie' until you find a rock" ... Tom Clancy

You fall asleep while flying and wake up to, "PULL UP! PULL UP!"

I had been flying with the sound on for a while. Wifey went to bed and I flew quietly on. Yup, I fell asleep at the stick. Wifey came into the room yelling at me, "Pull up! Pull up! Pull up! My gosh, I'm trying to sleep!"

Weeks later, it was time to get up for work and Wifey, already up, taps my foot, "Pull up, pull up, pull up. You're late!"

The Hornet is best at killing things on the ground. Now, if we could just get a GAU-8 in the nose next to the AN/APG-65, a titanium tub around the pilot, and a couple of J-58 engines in the tail...

The real life ones are the best :D

Shagrat

- Flying Sims since 1984 -:pilotfly:

Win 10 | i5 10600K@4.1GHz | 64GB | GeForce RTX 3090 - Asus VG34VQL1B  | TrackIR5 | Simshaker & Jetseat | VPForce Rhino Base & VIRPIL T50 CM2 Stick on 200mm curved extension | VIRPIL T50 CM2 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Plus/Apache64 Grip | MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals | WW Top Gun MIP | a hand made AHCP | 2x Elgato StreamDeck (Buttons galore)

When you go to have some drinks with a friend that also flies the Hog and both start discussing attack profiles on a SAM infested area (of course hand movements are mandatory to explain the maneuvers)... The time passes and you realize that half of the pub is staring at you with a suspicious look.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

ok, here is one.. when you're in the car at night and a guy cuts your lane, you swear at him but then use the headlight and mumble "brrrrrrrrrrr", followed by right hand then left hand turn signals for flares...

AWAITING ED NEW DAMAGE MODEL IMPLEMENTATION FOR WW2 BIRDS

Fat T is above, thin T is below. Long T is faster, Short T is slower. Open triangle is AWACS, closed triangle is your own sensors. Double dash is friendly, Single dash is enemy. Circle is friendly. Strobe is jammer. Strobe to dash is under 35 km. HDD is 7 times range key. Radar to 160 km, IRST to 10 km. Stay low, but never slow.

when you practice formation "driving" on a highway with a total stranger

Fat T is above, thin T is below. Long T is faster, Short T is slower. Open triangle is AWACS, closed triangle is your own sensors. Double dash is friendly, Single dash is enemy. Circle is friendly. Strobe is jammer. Strobe to dash is under 35 km. HDD is 7 times range key. Radar to 160 km, IRST to 10 km. Stay low, but never slow.

when you salute a valet who just got your car for you.