DCS World 1.5 and 2 Discussion

Wags

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Has anything officially been said about increasing aircraft visibility in DCS 2?

I would be very happy indeed if this were addressed in DCS: World 2. :thumbup:

Intel i5-2500k @ 4.4GHz w/ H70 liquid cooler, ASRock PRO3-M Z68 Mobo, 32G 1600Mhz Mushkin RAM, EVGA GTX970 4GB , OCZ Agility 3 128g SSD, SanDisk 240g SSD, Win7 64-bit

--Twitch: http://www.twitch.tv/livingfood --

I doubt much will be done, as it's ostensibly a limit of monitor resolution.

Yes but there are ways to fix that though , by scaling it. it's not cheating if a real pilot would be able to see it in real life at the same distance. But there's enough discussion about that already i don't want to start anything here.

No

:( thanks

Anyone waiting on EDGE to justify not playing is wrong IMO, i still have an absolute blast daily flying MP with my squadmates :thumbup:

Have to agree...

I am enjoying DCS more than ever with all the new modules and the available MODs.

Kudos to all you guys providing the Terrain, Shader, and cockpit Mods just to name a few. Especially with JSGME (too easy).

I appreciate them more than you know. DCS as it currently is...compared to stock... is just beautiful with them.

Of course it doesn't hurt that I can run everything maxed out.

To all you guys creating the great Mods...Thank you! :thumbup:

Makes the waiting much easier and there is no reason not to fly. I just wonder what we will do with the old map when 2.0 comes out.

Will we be MODDING that too to keep it alive? I am thinking we will at least until a bunch of new theater maps come out.

Edited by MegOhm_SD

Cooler Master HAF XB EVO , ASUS P8Z77-V, i7-3770K @ 4.6GHz, Noctua AC, 32GB Corsair Vengeance Pro, EVGA 1080TI 11GB, 2 Samsung 840 Pro 540GB SSDs Raid 0, 1TB HDD, EVGA SuperNOVA 1300W PS, G930 Wireless SS Headset, TrackIR5/Wireless Proclip, TM Warthog, Saitek Pro Combat Pedals, 75" Samsung 4K QLED, HP Reverb G2, Win 10

I just wonder what we will do with the old map when 2.0 comes out. Will we be MODDING that too to keep it alive?

Though I am sure sand will get boring after a while, once NTTR and SoH are out, I think it will be some time before I worry about modding the old map. :)

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

Some 3rd party would be evil enough to do a Caucaus 2.0

Windows 10 Pro, Ryzen 2700X @ 4.6Ghz, 32GB DDR4-3200 GSkill (F4-3200C16D-16GTZR x2),

ASRock X470 Taichi Ultimate, XFX RX6800XT Merc 310 (RX-68XTALFD9)

3x ASUS VS248HP + Oculus HMD, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS + MFDs

Some 3rd party would be evil enough to do a Caucaus 2.0

If someone did, I would probably get, eventually. I am sure many people would love to see an updated version.

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

Have to agree...

I am enjoying DCS more than ever with all the new modules and the available MODs.

Kudos to all you guys providing the Terrain, Shader, and cockpit Mods just to name a few. Especially with JSGME (too easy).

I appreciate them more than you know. DCS as it currently is...compared to stock... is just beautiful with them.

Of course it doesn't hurt that I can run everything maxed out.

To all you guys creating the great Mods...Thank you! :thumbup:

Makes the waiting much easier and there is no reason not to fly. I just wonder what we will do with the old map when 2.0 comes out.

Will we be MODDING that too to keep it alive? I am thinking we will at least until a bunch of new theater maps come out.

Dude the old map looks beyond epic in 2.0 and is and will be the only true combat map when the Nevada map is out. From what has been shown the old map is a whole new looking map in the new engine. Heck I'm more excited for that than I am Nevada honestly. As I've been to Nevada many times for training it just doesn't have that mystery or combat compliance as Russia and Georgia does for obvious reasons. Now the technology and detail in Nevada map heck ya awesome. But will be a training map that is all in squadron I'm training to be a full member in.

I7 4770k @ 4.6, sli 980 evga oc edition, ssdx2, Sony 55 inch edid hack nvidia 3dvision. Volair sim pit, DK2 Oculus Rift.

Dude the old map looks beyond epic in 2.0 and is and will be the only true combat map when the Nevada map is out. From what has been shown the old map is a whole new looking map in the new engine. Heck I'm more excited for that than I am Nevada honestly. As I've been to Nevada many times for training it just doesn't have that mystery or combat compliance as Russia and Georgia does for obvious reasons. Now the technology and detail in Nevada map heck ya awesome. But will be a training map that is all in squadron I'm training to be a full member in.

+1 :thumbup:

WHISPR | Intel I7 5930K | Nvidia GTX980 4GB GDDR5 | 16GB DDR4 | Intel 730 series 512GB SSD | Thrustmaster WARTHOG | CH Pro Pedals | TrackIR4 pro |

|A-10C|BS2 |CA|P-51 MUSTANG|UH-1H HUEY|MI-8 MTV2 |FC3|F5E|M2000C|AJS-37|FW190|BF 109K|Mig21|A-10:SSC,EWC|L-39|NEVADA|

If someone did, I would probably get, eventually. I am sure many people would love to see an updated version.

strongly agree

(especially Krim area)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

My DCS Mods, Skins, Utilities and Scripts

| Windows 10 | i7-4790K | GTX 980Ti Hybrid | 32GB RAM | 3TB SSD |

| TM Warthog Stick | CH Pro Throttle + Pro Pedal | TIR5 Pro | TM MFD Cougar | Gun Camera: PrtScn |

I want savannah, desert, tropical rain forest, paddy field, North German plains, Several oceans, jungle, swamp, steppe, mountain ranges coming out of my ears, and obviously, the whole of the UK in Hi res.

And next week I'd like...

Seriously, when it comes to maps, I will be first in the queue for all of them!

Give us another snneek peek.... pref in the L-39 with it's music.. don't have to have the engine sounds... Some high Alt and low alt stuff...

The only way to make sense out of change is to plunge into it, move with it, and join the dance.

"Me, the 13th Duke of Wybourne, here on the ED forums at 3 'o' clock in the morning, with my reputation. Are they mad.."

https://ko-fi.com/joey45

The believers think that DCS 2.0 alpha will be ready between march and the end of june. There is no release Date (since 4 and 1/2 years). Everything can and will change even there would be an release date!

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7950X3D, System-RAM: 64 GB DDR5, GPU: nVidia 4090, Monitor: LG 38" 3840*1600, VR-HMD: Pimax Crystal, OS: Windows 11Pro, 2*2TB Samsung M.2 SSD, HOTAS: TM Warthog, Paddles: MfG.

It is a shame that Naval Air Station Fallon is just a "little" bit out side of the actual Nevada Map!

I thought about this too, maybe the Leatherneck theater will add that little neighborhood to the NTTR map. But it would be nice for the NSAWC Hornets to have a home.