DCS World 1.5 and 2 Discussion

Wags

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It is a shame that Naval Air Station Fallon is just a "little" bit out side of the actual Nevada Map!

Agreed, but I will gladly fly the Bug outta Nellis.

"You see, IronHand is my thing"

My specs:  W10 Pro, I5/11600K o/c to 4800 @1.32v, 64 GB 3200 XML RAM, ASUS RTX3060ti/8GB.

What's the new expected release date ?

Last i heard it was beginning this year, then i think i read -march- or something ?

At this point with the silence from the developers, a summer release is the most realistic, together with a discount on dcs modules.

At this point with the silence from the developers, a summer release is the most realistic, together with a discount on dcs modules.

Don't assume anything based on ED not shouting about it, that is their way now. It could release tomorrow for all we know.

[sIGPIC]sigpic67951_1.gif[/sIGPIC]

Wags from Feb News letter....

"We are nearing a point where DCS World 2 will be available for a public, alpha release. The primary work remains with sorting out some issues with the unified .exe (no longer will the front end and simulation end operate as two separate exe). We have also been using this time to give mission builders better control of AI weapon jettison, afterburner use, and restrictions of when they can attack air and ground targets. Now that the 1.2.15 update is released, the team will be focused on final testing and preparing DCS World 2 (and the NTTR map) for its debut.

That sounds like it's nearer to a release than summer.

Patrick

mini.gif

"We are nearing a point where DCS World 2 will be available for a public, alpha release. The primary work remains with sorting out some issues with the unified .exe (no longer will the front end and simulation end operate as two separate exe). We have also been using this time to give mission builders better control of AI weapon jettison, afterburner use, and restrictions of when they can attack air and ground targets. Now that the 1.2.15 update is released, the team will be focused on final testing and preparing DCS World 2 (and the NTTR map) for its debut.

I hope what you said is true. I think this silence will give us some surprise :cry:

Win10, Intel 3rd Gen. Core i7 3.8Ghz, 20GB ram, Nvidia Geforce 1060 6GB Opentrack (Download it from HERE), PS3 Eye, Saitek x52-pro Joystick,

DIY Rudder Pedals,

Google Cardboard with DCS World

English is not my native language

Have patience, and that will be rewarded... the best time to pull the cake out of the oven, is when it is properly cooked.

Then it has to be allowed to cool, then iced and decorated.

It will be worth the wait ;)

City Hall is easier to fight, than a boys' club - an observation :P

"Resort is had to ridicule only when reason is against us." - Jefferson

"Give a group of potheads a bunch of weed and nothing to smoke out of, and they'll quickly turn into engineers... its simply amazing."

EVGA X99 FTW, EVGA GTX980Ti FTW, i7 5930K, 16Gb Corsair Dominator 2666Hz, Windows 7 Ultimate 64Bit, Intel 520 SSD x 2, Samsung PX2370 monitor and all the other toys

-

"I am a leaf on the wind, watch how I soar"

Are the minimum specs posted anywhere? Will this be better optimized than current, and need a more intensive machine? (I would suspect the latter)

Nope they haven't been posted yet. The only way to ummm... reasonably speculate about these is checking out Wags' PC spec posted in his signature, watching WIP movies he recorded and posted on YT, then drawing Your conclusions.

i7 9700K @ stock speed, single GTX1070, 32 gigs of RAM, TH Warthog, MFG Crosswind, Win10.

• ED Team
Nope they haven't been posted yet. The only way to ummm... reasonably speculate about these is checking out Wags' PC spec posted in his signature, watching WIP movies he recorded and posted on YT, then drawing Your conclusions.

Which wont do too much good yet as even versions he is showing arent fully optimized yet.

64Sig.png
Forum RulesMy YouTube • My Discord - NineLine#0440• **How to Report a Bug**

1146563203_makefg(6).png.82dab0a01be3a361522f3fff75916ba4.png  80141746_makefg(1).png.6fa028f2fe35222644e87c786da1fabb.png  28661714_makefg(2).png.b3816386a8f83b0cceab6cb43ae2477e.png  389390805_makefg(3).png.bca83a238dd2aaf235ea3ce2873b55bc.png  216757889_makefg(4).png.35cb826069cdae5c1a164a94deaff377.png  1359338181_makefg(5).png.e6135dea01fa097e5d841ee5fb3c2dc5.png

A little snipped from the russian forum, a bit out of context.

http://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=2360256&postcount=2875

I have a question, EDGE graphics engine and the exterior of the aircraft .. updated? such as the CH-53 and Su-17, for example? and that right now they stand out very much, compared to other aircraft.

All models are updated depending on the graphics engine. In the course of development. Once the converted - will be inserted into the game.

Edited by upupandaway

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Deedle, deedle!

That actually sounds like it's imminent, but a month has passed since that newsletter. Come April, 14th, I'll be debating whether or not to get GTA5, or wait until the end of April and see if Edge arrives. I cant afford both in the same month, but I think Edge would just Edge it for me if it came first :)

I was hoping we would get a March news letter, but there's only two days left to go. Hopefully, one arrives in the next couple of days that might shed some light on a release date.

Come April, 14th, I'll be debating whether or not to get GTA5, or wait until the end of April and see if Edge arrives. I cant afford both in the same month, but I think Edge would just Edge it for me if it came first :)

The last time I checked, EDGE will cost you exactly US$0.00, which translates into 0.00 of whichever currency of whichever country that you are living in. :smartass:

Or were you talking about certain DCS modules that you plan to get once EDGE is out? That would make more sense.