DCS World 1.5 and 2.0 Discussion

NineLine

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yope, there is something wrong with the trees, and some buildings I think?

Yesterday I made a Video, in flight you can see that they are kind of black and without texture...

Greetings

The trees are not the problem.

It seems so that they are the only ones looking like they should.

The overall haze/fog is the real problem and let the whole game look like a grey "thing". All looks flat. And so, if something doesn't look "flat", like the trees, those things seems to be wrong but they aren't. ;)

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7950X3D, System-RAM: 64 GB DDR5, GPU: nVidia 4090, Monitor: LG 38" 3840*1600, VR-HMD: Pimax Crystal, OS: Windows 11Pro, 2*2TB Samsung M.2 SSD, HOTAS: TM Warthog, Paddles: MfG.

Also,,, what are you supposed to do if the download completes and it gets stuck partially during the phase where it states " Cleaning up", but it states (not responding)? Or do I need to make a separate post for this subject?

I got that "Cleaning up" frozen issue and I just killed the tasks (close the window with a right click + close or kill them with the task manager) and then restarted DCS Open Beta without any issue.

I'm not sure it's perfectly safe (leftover files?) but as it's a beta version, it should be fine for the time being.

My OB install is running fine even after some mild spanking. :thumbup:

Also, the issue with the trees/rendering has been reported. They can't stop working!

/// ВКБ: GF Pro MkII+MCG Pro/GF MkII+SCG L/Black Mamba MkIII/Gladiator/T-Rudder MkII | X-55 Rhino throttle/Saitek Throttle Quadrant | OpenTrack+UTC /// ZULU +4 ///

/// "THE T3ASE": i9 9900K | 64 GB DDR4 | RTX 2080ti OC | 2 TB NVMe SSDs, 1 TB SATA SSD, 12 TB HDDs | Gigabyte DESIGNARE mobo ///

I got that "Cleaning up" frozen issue and I just killed the tasks (close the window with a right click + close or kill them with the task manager) and then restarted DCS Open Beta without any issue.

I'm not sure it's perfectly safe (leftover files?) but as it's a beta version, it should be fine for the time being.

My OB install is running fine even after some mild spanking. :thumbup:

Also, the issue with the trees/rendering has been reported. They can't stop working!

Thanks,,, yeah I did the update twice and the cleanup froze twice,, I did exit through task manager,, I wonder where those pesky files may be loitering anyway,, I'd dump them manually If I knew,,, thanks for the feedback.

Windows 10 Pro - 64 Bit / ASUS ROG Strix B650E-F Gaming / AMD 7800X3D / G.Skill Trident Z5 NEO 64GB DDR5 6000 Ram / SSD M.2 SK hynix Platinum P41 2TB / MSI Gaming GeForce RTX 4090 SUPRIM Liquid X 24G / SteelSeries Arctis 7 Headset /LG-Ultragear 38" IPS LED Ultrawide HD Monitor (3840 x 1600) / Track IR4 / Thrustmaster TPR Pendular Rudder Pedals / Virpil HOTAS VPC Constellation ALPHA-R & VPC MongoosT-50CM3 Throttle

I'm confused - Isn't that an issue of the past, with the diff.lua's

That's what they told us at the time.

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

I'm confused - Isn't that an issue of the past, with the diff.lua's

The difference lua is relative to the actual commands within the sim.

I thought the same as you until I found out that small changes are taking place without being mentioned in any changes log.

The changes range from command name, to absence or incorporation of similar commands.

Since even a small change renders the relative difference command unusable it is advisable to not carry the inputs from one version to another.

More than that...my advice is to completely delete the content of your input folder and let the sim build its controllers' lua afresh.

But...I think that the common practice should be to renew the inputs every othe update.

Usually...if there is a difference it shall be quite small/ or almost irrelevant.

So...

1. Make charts for each plane to help you configure a new one.

2. Wait for a stable final version to configure everything perfectly.

That's the reason I'm not updating my Warthog package at the moment till the final version is released.

jgVplRQ.png

Did anyone notice the cockpit options for Mi-8 and MiG-15 now? You can have Chinese cockpit if you want :)

Or is this an old feature that I have missed up until now?

no it's newly added.

all modules have such feature, but only a few works currently. please wait for update for fix

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

My DCS Mods, Skins, Utilities and Scripts

| Windows 10 | i7-4790K | GTX 980Ti Hybrid | 32GB RAM | 3TB SSD |

| TM Warthog Stick | CH Pro Throttle + Pro Pedal | TIR5 Pro | TM MFD Cougar | Gun Camera: PrtScn |

That's what they told us at the time.

I would have thought, saving control profiles in 1.5 and then importing them back in within 1.5, would have worked fine. Granted it was from one build to the next, but I mean it totally did not work for me, it was like I imported nothing.

I know this is an open beta and all, but I am somewhat perplexed how so many new control assignments got assigned to my Warthog controllers. All axis assignments were retained fine, but man I had all kinds of new button commands in there for whatever reason, that I had to clear out.

Then I thought no worries, I saved each controllers profile just 2 days earlier, then denied.

It was not that big a deal for me to clear them out and do my re-assignments, especially as I currently have only setup controllers for the KA-50 sim.

Ideally at least in my mind, if that is going to happen I would rather it just wipe all button assignments out, rather than going in and assigning random things to the buttons.

But the import function in this case with this update, sure did not work for me.

Don B

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.1 GHz | Gigabyte 4090 OC | 64 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz CL16 | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler |Virpil CM3 Stick w/ Alpha Prime Grip 200mm ext| Virpil CM3 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Base w/ Alpha-L Grip| Point Control V2|Varjo Aero|

Just noticed that dreams do come true.ED RULES!!:D

Thanks for adding in turbulence sound for when you pull back on the stick......its now there in the A10c.And its different than the air brake sound of which I wondered if it would not work well.Great job and I send internet hugs & kisses.:wub:

Also,I swear it seems that the tanks seem to stand out more in TGP.Has the FLIR in A10c been updated?

"Its easy,place the pipper on target and bombs away." :pilotfly:

i7-8700k/GTX 1080ti/VKB-GladiatorPRO/VKB-T-rudder Pedals/Saitek X55 throttle

BTW - Do we still need to Alt+Enter ? Sometimes I forget it and I have to admit that I don´t really notice any difference..

I have very old PC - 2500K with 8gb RAM and for video it is gtx 780 - So maybe that is why I don't get any better or worse experience.

Thank you o7

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

BTW - Do we still need to Alt+Enter ? Sometimes I forget it and I have to admit that I don´t really notice any difference..

Yes that was one of the first things I tested, to get true full screen you still have to alt-enter.

I personally don't bother with it, as my performance seems pretty much the same either way.

Don B

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.1 GHz | Gigabyte 4090 OC | 64 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz CL16 | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler |Virpil CM3 Stick w/ Alpha Prime Grip 200mm ext| Virpil CM3 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Base w/ Alpha-L Grip| Point Control V2|Varjo Aero|

Does the updater continues where it left off if it fails? Initialy it was downloading 2,5GB, it failed half way through and after I restarted it again it showed only 1,3GB download.

Yes the updater is intelligent and it resumes from where it left

Win10, Intel 3rd Gen. Core i7 3.8Ghz, 20GB ram, Nvidia Geforce 1060 6GB Opentrack (Download it from HERE), PS3 Eye, Saitek x52-pro Joystick,

DIY Rudder Pedals,

Google Cardboard with DCS World

English is not my native language

Massive performance boost after this update! :thumbup:

Yep! Now big AI battles with smoke trails, explosions and dozens of AI units on screen, don't touch fps at all.

60 fps rock solid.

1.5.0 it dropped to 20/30 with the same scenes.

The only thing that bring my fps down now is overcast cloud layer transition, it must be something still in the process of optimization.