DCS Carrier Discussion

Airhunter

Working like the rest of us.
You have no idea what is going on elsewhere on the planet it seems...

Shagrat

- Flying Sims since 1984 -:pilotfly:

Win 10 | i5 10600K@4.1GHz | 64GB | GeForce RTX 3090 - Asus VG34VQL1B  | TrackIR5 | Simshaker & Jetseat | VPForce Rhino Base & VIRPIL T50 CM2 Stick on 200mm curved extension | VIRPIL T50 CM2 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Plus/Apache64 Grip | MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals | WW Top Gun MIP | a hand made AHCP | 2x Elgato StreamDeck (Buttons galore)

Yeah I wonder too. Surprises me how nearly all the main you tubers don't use VR its just so much fun. Think the new ball indicator will be good for VR use, but slightly concerned about the additional radio calls during key moments - ball call, as I usually use the mouse to click on them which takes me off flying for moment. Even in 2D pressing the f keys would be similar..
There is a key combo/button mapping you can use instead.

Shagrat

- Flying Sims since 1984 -:pilotfly:

Win 10 | i5 10600K@4.1GHz | 64GB | GeForce RTX 3090 - Asus VG34VQL1B  | TrackIR5 | Simshaker & Jetseat | VPForce Rhino Base & VIRPIL T50 CM2 Stick on 200mm curved extension | VIRPIL T50 CM2 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Plus/Apache64 Grip | MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals | WW Top Gun MIP | a hand made AHCP | 2x Elgato StreamDeck (Buttons galore)

Similarly, it surprises me how many VR pilots don't use something like VAICOM Pro, to handle their radio communications.

A press of a Push to Talk button and a few well chosen words is so much easier than messing around in a menu and so much more realistic/immersive.

It keeps surprising me that some people think that voice control is a wise thing to use, when you finally managed to put the kids in bed and quietly try to enjoy dcs :music_whistling:

Hehe we all have our reasons :P

System specs:

i7-8700K @stock speed - GTX 1080TI @ stock speed - AsRock Extreme4 Z370 - 32GB DDR4 @3GHz- 500GB SSD - 2TB nvme - 650W PSU

HP Reverb G1 v2 - Saitek Pro pedals - TM Warthog HOTAS - TM F/A-18 Grip - TM Cougar HOTAS (NN-Dan mod) & (throttle standalone mod) - VIRPIL VPC Rotor TCS Plus with ALPHA-L grip - Pointctrl & aux banks <-- must have for VR users!! - Andre's SimShaker Jetpad - Fully adjustable DIY playseat - VA+VAICOM

~ That nuke might not have been the best of ideas, Sir... the enemy is furious ~ GUMMBAH

Agreed! Voice attack is one of my most important VR addon's, gives a huge benefit to both immersion and ease of use.

Already getting my Hornet/Tomcat ball commands setup!

No, he's talking about VAICOM. Way more immersive than Voice Attack, even though you need VA of course.

Sent from my ANE-LX1 using Tapatalk

It keeps surprising me that some people think that voice control is a wise thing to use, when you finally managed to put the kids in bed and quietly try to enjoy dcs :music_whistling:

Hehe we all have our reasons :P

Fair enough.

As someone who has recently retired, all i have to worry about is the rather odd looks i get from my wife, when i've taken my headset off.

Yeah I wonder too. Surprises me how nearly all the main you tubers don't use VR its just so much fun. Think the new ball indicator will be good for VR use, but slightly concerned about the additional radio calls during key moments - ball call, as I usually use the mouse to click on them which takes me off flying for moment. Even in 2D pressing the f keys would be similar..
I guess they're not using it for the content creation because of performance, looks, ease of capture for editing.

Fair enough.

As someone who has recently retired, all i have to worry about is the rather odd looks i get from my wife, when i've taken my headset off.

It's not the strange looks … its the sudden hand on my shoulder mid furball.

Similarly, it surprises me how many VR pilots don't use something like VAICOM Pro, to handle their radio communications.

A press of a Push to Talk button and a few well chosen words is so much easier than messing around in a menu and so much more realistic/immersive.

Heard of it, but not used it. Sounds like a good idea. I have to have voiceattack? and this? I've seen vidoes of people using voice control to do gear and flaps which I don't want really. How does it work with multiplayer and SRS?

I guess they're not using it for the content creation because of performance, looks, ease of capture for editing.

I guess. They mostly seem to have top end systems, capture would be easy. Looks? well as in "degraded" graphics. I suppose. I'm pretty sure its because people haven't had the chance to use it. After a day or two I realised its what I've been after for the last 15yrs....

Heard of it, but not used it. Sounds like a good idea. I have to have voiceattack? and this? I've seen vidoes of people using voice control to do gear and flaps which I don't want really. How does it work with multiplayer and SRS?

I'm not a big fan of voice recognition for controls that the pilot should do either and VAICOM Pro(VP), as an addon to VoiceAttack is focused on communications. (You can add other voice activated commands if you wish though.)

I tend to fly SP, but i am aware of other VP users do use it in MP and do so alongside SRS, via a specific option in the VP settings. I think that option mainly resolves the potential conflict between VP and SRS over the push to talk buttons.

Maybe check out the videos, manuals and FAQs, via https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=198297

I would like to see some night ops.

Me Too. I second that. We would like to see some NIGHT OPS.

Rig - I7-9700K/GIGABYTE Z390D/RTX-2080 SUPER/32-GB CORSAIR VENGEANCE RAM/1-TB SSD

Mods - A10C / F18C / AV8B / Mig21 / Su33 / SC / F14B

But he says some funny things in his videos though, like the sun over the Persian Gulf is right above your head, because it's so close to equator.

What's wrong with that statement?

Asus Z690 Hero | 12900K | 64GB G.Skill 6000 | 4090FE | Reverb G2 | VPC MongoosT-50CM2 + TM Grips  | Winwing Orion2 Throttle | MFG Crosswind Pedals

Check the map. Persian Golf is closer to the Caucasus than the Equator.

I guess it's all relative, but Dubai is 25 degrees North which I reckon is fair to describe as close to the equator.

Asus Z690 Hero | 12900K | 64GB G.Skill 6000 | 4090FE | Reverb G2 | VPC MongoosT-50CM2 + TM Grips  | Winwing Orion2 Throttle | MFG Crosswind Pedals

I may have missed it but I have not seen anything on a recovery, trap Sheet/Scorecard akin to what we have for the F14. Anyone have anything on that?

Cooler Master HAF XB EVO , ASUS P8Z77-V, i7-3770K @ 4.6GHz, Noctua AC, 32GB Corsair Vengeance Pro, EVGA 1080TI 11GB, 2 Samsung 840 Pro 540GB SSDs Raid 0, 1TB HDD, EVGA SuperNOVA 1300W PS, G930 Wireless SS Headset, TrackIR5/Wireless Proclip, TM Warthog, Saitek Pro Combat Pedals, 75" Samsung 4K QLED, HP Reverb G2, Win 10

Hey guys, on the latest video while on deck it seems the carrier is rolling a bit but sea state is pretty weak. Do you think you could adjust that a little bit ? For 100K tons a heavy seas are needed to feel some pitching and rolling, dont you think so ?

Hey guys, on the latest video while on deck it seems the carrier is rolling a bit but sea state is pretty weak. Do you think you could adjust that a little bit ? For 100K tons a heavy seas are needed to feel some pitching and rolling, dont you think so ?

I believe I heard one of the preview'ers had mentioned that the rough weather isn't working right currently for the carrier, so thats still work in progress.

Techlabs Chameleon Watercooled Gaming PC - Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.7GHz : Samsung 950 Pro 256GB SSD, Samsung 500 gig SSD, Seagate 1TB 7200RPM Drive : MSI GeForce GTX 1080 "Founders Edition" 8192MB : 800W '80 Plus Gold' Modular Power Supply : 32GB (2x16GB) DDR4 PC4-25600C16 3200MHz : Occulus Rift S : TM Warthog : MFG Crosswind V2 : Win 10 64. PointCTRL.

It gives a score in what I assume is a realistic format; it's detailed in the pre-release manual:

https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=4274281&postcount=3

Thanks...appreciate the help.

Cooler Master HAF XB EVO , ASUS P8Z77-V, i7-3770K @ 4.6GHz, Noctua AC, 32GB Corsair Vengeance Pro, EVGA 1080TI 11GB, 2 Samsung 840 Pro 540GB SSDs Raid 0, 1TB HDD, EVGA SuperNOVA 1300W PS, G930 Wireless SS Headset, TrackIR5/Wireless Proclip, TM Warthog, Saitek Pro Combat Pedals, 75" Samsung 4K QLED, HP Reverb G2, Win 10

Holy crap! The SC is on sale for $32Cdn right now. It cost me $51Cdn when I pre-ordered it back in early February.

I thought it was supposed to be a better deal to buy early.

mumble... grumble... mad.gif

Some of the planes, but all of the maps!