Better Trees for Caucasus V6

Thanks @Habu_69. Will give it a try. Download freely available?

AMD Ryzen 5 5600X; ASUS ROG Strix X570-F, Corsair Vengeance 64 GB (2x 32GB) 3600MHz; Seagate FireCuda 510 500GB M.2-2280 (OS); Samsung 860 EVO 2TB M.2-2280 (DCS); MSI GeForce RTX 3090 SUPRIM X 24GB OC GPU. TM Warthog Hotas; T.Flight Pedals; DelanClip/Trackhat.

Thanks Taz for all your work here.

Imo the Better Trees Light Low should be included with the vanilla install.

Zero redraw and nearly picture postcard forest everywhere.

Just casual flying and sightseeing in the Caucasus is an absolute joy in 2.7 in 4k.

All the maps and still my favorite.

The only mod needed for it.

ED😉

Edited by aceviper
  • Like 3

• 5 weeks later...

the download links for all the files seem to be non responsive. might just be on my end but can some one else check please

8700k @5.2ghz delided \ Asus Maxiumus XI code \ RTX 3090 FE \ 32GB DDR4 corsair vengeance RGB @3600 \ 1TB Samsung 960 pro NVME \ 1TB samsung 850evo \ 2TB WD black HDD \ MFG crosswind v2 \  Virpil WARBRD X2 Constellation Alpha L+R and Mongoose CM3 throttle \ ASUSPG348Q 100hz 34 ultrawide 

[/i]https://imgur.com/a/VjNEllM

35 minutes ago, Snowblind said:

the download links for all the files seem to be non responsive. might just be on my end but can some one else check please

Try to Right Click on the Better Trees download text Link.  Next select Save link as...

• Do not own:  | F-15E | JF-17 | Fw 190 A-8 | Bf 109 |
  • Hardware:  [ - Ryzen7-5800X - 32GB - RX 6800 - X56 HOTAS Throttle -  WINWING Orion 2 F16EX Grip - TrackIR 5 - Tobii 5C - JetPad FSE - ]

• 2 weeks later...

I really love those trees. Would a mod like that, with palm trees, of course, increase the FPS we're getting in the new Marianas map?

• Like 1

Modules: F-14A/B | M-2000C | AJS-37 | Mi-24P F/A-18C | A-10C II | F-16C | UH-1H | F-5E | Mi-8 | FC 3 | AV-8B | A-4E | Gazelle | Ka-50 | Yak-52 | CE2

Maps: Syria | Marianas | NTTR | Persian Gulf | Caucasus

Setup: Virpil WarBRD Base & VFX TM Warthog | Arozzi Velocita Stand | Monstertech Mount | MFG Crosswind | Cougar MFDs | VRInsight Panel | JetSeat 908 | TrackIR

Is there an easy way to integrate this mod with Barthek's latest Caucaus mod?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

overalien

Hog Driver starting to really like the Tomcat

System specs:

Intel i7-8700k - OC to 5.0 GHz

| 32 GB RAM 3600 MHz | Nvidia 1080ti SLi | Mixed Storage - Win 10 and DCS on Samsung SSD 970 Pro

Flightgear:

7 Displays (3 x 1440p, 1 X 1080p, 3 X Lilliput Touch) | 3 x Cougar MFDs

| Warthog HOTAS | Thrustmaster TPR Pedals | iBEAM Shaker + Simshaker for Aviators w. Sound Module | Helios | VAICOM Pro + AIRIO | TrackIR 5

Yes, this will overwrite the files from Barthek. Just have to install Barthek mod first. If you use OvGME it's more easy OvGME will prevent you for overwriting. You can also integrate it in Barthek mod before installing.

Thanks for that. Since both mods contain zip files, I was concerned that the contents of the "Better Trees" zips will replace the contents of Barteks's zips entirely, hence undoing some of Barthek's mods that have nothing to do with trees. Am I "barking up the wrong tree here"? . Are these zip files completely independent of each other and only related to trees?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

overalien

Hog Driver starting to really like the Tomcat

System specs:

Intel i7-8700k - OC to 5.0 GHz

| 32 GB RAM 3600 MHz | Nvidia 1080ti SLi | Mixed Storage - Win 10 and DCS on Samsung SSD 970 Pro

Flightgear:

7 Displays (3 x 1440p, 1 X 1080p, 3 X Lilliput Touch) | 3 x Cougar MFDs

| Warthog HOTAS | Thrustmaster TPR Pedals | iBEAM Shaker + Simshaker for Aviators w. Sound Module | Helios | VAICOM Pro + AIRIO | TrackIR 5

• 4 months later...
On 7/2/2021 at 6:12 PM, Tomcatter87 said:

Would a mod like that, with palm trees, of course, increase the FPS we're getting in the new Marianas map?

I had a peek at Marianas tree textures, and they're not that big, especially compared to Caucasus. 512x512 or less, and about 8 mb in total for all vegetation, while vanilla Caucasus is closer to 40 mb. It seems that trees were the first thing ED tried to optimize the hell out of.

It must be their density, models, or something completely different, that drags the performance down - nothing one can solve with simple modding, I'm afraid.

Edited by Minsky
  • Like 1

Dima | My DCS uploads

22 hours ago, Stratos said:

I'm curious If anyone tried to use Marianas trees on Caucasus, that would be really nice!

Yes! Fortunate Son playing in the Background! 😉

Modules: F-14A/B | M-2000C | AJS-37 | Mi-24P F/A-18C | A-10C II | F-16C | UH-1H | F-5E | Mi-8 | FC 3 | AV-8B | A-4E | Gazelle | Ka-50 | Yak-52 | CE2

Maps: Syria | Marianas | NTTR | Persian Gulf | Caucasus

Setup: Virpil WarBRD Base & VFX TM Warthog | Arozzi Velocita Stand | Monstertech Mount | MFG Crosswind | Cougar MFDs | VRInsight Panel | JetSeat 908 | TrackIR

• 3 months later...

@Taz1004 Any idea how to get rid of the growing trees? I am often flying low altitude and just see trees shooting out of the ground and growing as I fly over them. Have preload radius set to max. It looks really silly and I can't find a fix anywhere.

• Like 1

I fly an A-10C II in VR and post my DCS journey on Is your phone a YouTube Signature Device? - Gizmochina     |   Subscribe to my DCS A-10C channel   

Come check out the 132nd Virtual Wing                                   |   My 4090 VR Performance Optimization  
SYSTEM SPECS: Ryzen 7 5800X3D, RTX4090, Varjo Aero, VKB Gunfigher MKIII MCG Ultimate with 10cm extension,VPC MongoosT-50CM3 Throttle, VPC Control Panel #2, TM TPR Rudders. 64GB RAM, W10, Gametrix Jetseat, PointCTRL (currently broken), OpenKneeboard, Wacom Intuos.

132nd.Ready_Signatur.png

Just now, Ready said:

@Taz1004 Any idea how to get rid of the growing trees? I am often flying low altitude and just see trees shooting out of the ground and growing as I fly over them. Have preload radius set to max. It looks really silly and I can't find a fix anywhere.

Increase visibility distance.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Taz1004 said:

Increase visibility distance.

Of course this is the first thing I tried, does not work. The trees pop up as I fly right over them..

• Like 1

I fly an A-10C II in VR and post my DCS journey on Is your phone a YouTube Signature Device? - Gizmochina     |   Subscribe to my DCS A-10C channel   

Come check out the 132nd Virtual Wing                                   |   My 4090 VR Performance Optimization  
SYSTEM SPECS: Ryzen 7 5800X3D, RTX4090, Varjo Aero, VKB Gunfigher MKIII MCG Ultimate with 10cm extension,VPC MongoosT-50CM3 Throttle, VPC Control Panel #2, TM TPR Rudders. 64GB RAM, W10, Gametrix Jetseat, PointCTRL (currently broken), OpenKneeboard, Wacom Intuos.

132nd.Ready_Signatur.png

On 3/19/2022 at 2:13 AM, Taz1004 said:

Increased tree distance?

On 3/18/2022 at 7:45 PM, Ready said:

i think this is caused by the visible range(world) not the tree render distance.

great work on the mod btw Taz, all the modders on DCS world do a top top job, this tree mod just makes the game look soooo much better. thanks for your hard work buddy 🙂

MM

• Like 1

On 3/19/2022 at 3:13 AM, Taz1004 said:

Increased tree distance?

It happens right below my plane when I am in the weeds. Looks really trippy. There is about 1-2 NM distance tops. So tree distance or visual distance should not be a factor I think?

Edited by Ready
  • Like 1

132nd.Ready_Signatur.png

• 2 weeks later...
14.05.2021 в 04:46, Taz1004 сказал:

Just delete the winter from the mod.

Necessary to delete these 6 files, correct?
Delete winter.jpg

Edited by SMN
  • Like 1

Окурок, выброшенный в урну, гораздо патриотичнее флажочка на автомобиле

TM Wartrhog Stick + VPC MongoosT-50Base + VPC TMW Extension 150mm / TM Wartrhog Throttle / CH Pro Pedals / 2-VPC Deck Mount / TrackIR5/

i5-10600K Over to 5.0MHz/32GbDD4-3200/RTX4070/System-SSD1 DCS-SSD2/32" 2560x1440

2 hours ago, Dave317 said:

I'm getting some silver/white dots on certain trees that disapear when you get closer.  They are very apparent in VR but hard to really see on a screen shot.  Any idea what could be causing it?

Just noticed this too. Not sure if it is this mod, but I believe it was due to the sun hitting them. It was early morning in a mission. Morning dew?
Who knows. They are awesome anyway, and didn't bother me actually. 😊

• Like 1