2.7.0.4625 Open Beta crash at second mission load

XPACT

Well, well, I join the club. Same problem. Sometimes a whole mission, loaded from the ME, runs perfect, next time it crashes after a few minutes during starting procedures or later during the mission. No matter what map or plain (mostly helicopters).

So switch back to stable and try to be patient....

WIN10-Pro., ASUS ROG Z390-E, INTEL Core i7-970K, RTX 2080Ti, 32GB RAM, ASUS Predator XB271HU 2560 x 1440, DCS auf SSD970 EVO Plus 1TB,

Thrustmaster Cougar HOTAS (U2nxt) , Simpeds , TrackIR 5

Edited by Trigger

WIN10-Pro., ASUS ROG Z390-E, INTEL Core i7-970K, RTX 2080Ti, 64GB RAM, ACER Predator XB271HU 2560 x 1440 144Hz, DCS Open Beta: SSD970 EVO Plus 1TB, DCS Stable: SSD 870 EVO 1TB

Thrustmaster HOTAS Cougar (U2nxt) / Foxy, Simpeds , TrackIR 5

Same problem. Had issues recently, couple of crashes on first load in, couple on second load in. Ran some repairs, no change. However, I was able to run several missions with no crash yesterday after deleting my options.lua file in the config folder. Today, issue returned. Essentially unable to play at this point...crashing on first load now.

CPU: i7-11700K

GPU: GTX 1070

RAM: 2 x 16GB

Motherboard: Asrock Z590M Phantom Gaming 4

Monitor: ASUS 2560x1440

Storage: 512GB SSD

dcs.20210417-104934.crash dcs.20210418-193407.crash dcs.20210418-220737.crash dcs.20210419-040934.crash

This single mission problem was cured with emptening the temp folder for me, but i have this random chrashes as well.

And after starting a mission from the ME, switching back to ME, changing stuff and starting again, i have a (VR - Reverb G2) massive frame drop down to 20-25 fps...

Specs:
12th Gen Intel(R) Core(TM) i9-12900K   3.20 GHz,  RAM 128 GB, Win11 Home, RTX3080Ti

So, after following all those suggestions to solve the crash problem (removing mods, clean up, repair and new start) the crash still occurs.

To be honest, this is quite frustrating after all these announcements and raising expectations. As mentioned before, Beta seems to me ill-conceived (also it's called Beta...) and I’m back to Stable until further notice. Sorry folks

WIN10-Pro., ASUS ROG Z390-E, INTEL Core i7-970K, RTX 2080Ti, 64GB RAM, ACER Predator XB271HU 2560 x 1440 144Hz, DCS Open Beta: SSD970 EVO Plus 1TB, DCS Stable: SSD 870 EVO 1TB

Thrustmaster HOTAS Cougar (U2nxt) / Foxy, Simpeds , TrackIR 5

Ugh, I thought the Full Screen OFF plus newest drivers were enough to solve the problem on my config (as I reported during weekend)... Apparently not - just got the "second mission" crash for some reason again. I'm at loss at this point. Off to play Il-2.

Logs in attachments - maybe they'll help.

Edit: it happened after switching from Fw-190A taxiing and takeoff training mission to L-39C Caucasus cold start instant mission.

dcs.log dcs.log-20210420-183732.zip

Edited by Art-J

i7 9700K @ stock speed, single GTX1070, 32 gigs of RAM, TH Warthog, MFG Crosswind, Win10.

I think I may have something.

The first times it was working like a charm and then it started to act as you guys said : DCS was crashing everytime I was loading a mission for the second time.

It was crashing when the loading bar was full and saying ''mission load done'' or something like that.

Even when pressing CTRL+ALT+DEL it was a pain to actually see Task Manager, DCS was staying on top.

Fullscreen is not checked and I press ALT+ENTER when I enter the cockpit the first time (or anytime I go back to windowed mode if I need to check Chuck's Guide or StreamDeck app or anything and come back to DCS)

Don't ask me why it works like this but if I check fullscreen, performance is terrible.

So I have to start windowed and then fullscreen with ALT+ENTER.

Anyway ...

What I tried is to go back to windowed mode just before exiting the mission.

And it worked.

I can now load successively missions.

If I don't do that and stays in fullscreen when launching the 2nd mission, DCS crashes ... 100% of the time.

AMD 3600x

5700xt PULSE

32Gb RAM

X470 Gaming Pro

Chipset and GPU drivers up-to-date

No mods

I hope it can eventually help someone or ED to understand what's going on.

But from what I see there is something going on with fullscreen ...

It's weird because it was working fairly well like 3 days ago ...

• Like 1

6 hours ago, RoxSy said:

Many thanks for your detailed report, mate. 👍

I'll pass it on to the team.

• Thanks 1

Don't accept indie game testing requests from friends in Discord. Ever.

12 hours ago, RoxSy said:

I think I may have something.

The first times it was working like a charm and then it started to act as you guys said : DCS was crashing everytime I was loading a mission for the second time.

It was crashing when the loading bar was full and saying ''mission load done'' or something like that.

Even when pressing CTRL+ALT+DEL it was a pain to actually see Task Manager, DCS was staying on top.

Fullscreen is not checked and I press ALT+ENTER when I enter the cockpit the first time (or anytime I go back to windowed mode if I need to check Chuck's Guide or StreamDeck app or anything and come back to DCS)

Don't ask me why it works like this but if I check fullscreen, performance is terrible.

Anyway ...

And it worked.

If I don't do that and stays in fullscreen when launching the 2nd mission, DCS crashes ... 100% of the time.

AMD 3600x

5700xt PULSE

32Gb RAM

X470 Gaming Pro

Chipset and GPU drivers up-to-date

No mods

I need to give this a try. Tomorrow. Still keep getting crashes constantly.

Most time since last years faulty February-batch Im was not able to use "Fullscreen" by default (checked in the settings) anymore. Usually just got stuck during the loading-screen (DCS not a single mission). It seemed, the game went to the menu, but display stayed at the DCS-loading-logo. Only late last year I went back to "fullscreen" and only had a few problems since then.

With 2,7 I instantly had perf problems after tabbing out to Discord or SRS or something else, which caused DCS to not be in fullscreenmode after going back to the game. Alt+Enter solved that and also the stutteryness because of Freesync not working in windowed mode.

Still am using Fullscreen checked but will give this a try and uncheck it. Even this is a PITA to me.

BTW all my friends in the squad dont have this problem, but they all use VR and I dont... Maybe this problem is only related to 2D-use? 

Anyway, I just recently wrote quite a few lines in a new thread about how  Alt+Enter should be a thing of the past but still keeps creeping up everywhere....  but then I deleted it before posting.  I hope Vulcan next year (ED said Q4 this year I think and with their usual delay Im guessing mid next year) can solve all of this ancient Alt+Enter annoyance.....

Edited by Wali763

There might be multiple causes coming into play. I suffered from the second mission crash bug until I switched to windowed mode. Now I can restart missions / do more than one mission in a row without guaranteed crashes.

However, I still seem to get some occasional random crashes - including once just trying to load a mission in the mission editor. After game restart the mission loaded without issue.

Edited by wowbagger

CPU:5600X | GPU:RTX2080 | RAM:32GB | Disk:860EVOm.2

Just updated and I'm still experiencing crashing on the second mission.  It crashed 3 times in a row when attempting a second single player mission. 

Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ATX Glass, Asus Rog Maximus IX Hero Z270, Intel Core I7 - 7700K, Gskill TridentZ RGB 32GB DDR4 3200, MSI GTX 1080 Gaming X 8G, Samsung 960 EVO M.2 500GB, Seagate BarraCuda 3TB, NZXT Kraken X62, Corsair RM750X, Windows 10 Home, Asus ROG PG348Q 34” 3440 x 1440 100hz curved IPS G-Sync monitor, Saitek X52 Pro Hotas, TrackIR V5

I am not using full screen for some time now and I must say that crashes are almost non existent for me currently, still can happen tho. I flew few times today with new update, didn't crash but since people still report that it's happening I am not too optimistic that main cause was found.

5 minutes ago, XPACT said:

I am not using full screen for some time now and I must say that crashes are almost non existent for me currently, still can happen tho. I flew few times today with new update, didn't crash but since people still report that it's happening I am not too optimistic that main cause was found.

I agree. 😐

Thanks guys, I'll report it to Obi.

@MileHiRyder@Tepnox@Sonoda Umi

Can you please try this workaround and see if it works for you as well?

19 hours ago, RoxSy said:

Anyway ...

And it worked.

Edited by Flappie

Don't accept indie game testing requests from friends in Discord. Ever.

48 minutes ago, Flappie said:

I agree. 😐

Thanks guys, I'll report it to Obi.

@MileHiRyder@Tepnox@Sonoda Umi

Can you please try this workaround and see if it works for you as well?

Not working for me. My DCS launches in Borderless Window mode - it makes no difference using forced fullscreen-mode (ALT+ENTER) or using borderless window mode, it still crashes.

Ryzen 7 5800X3D // 64 GB RAM // RTX 4090 // Quest Pro // Quest 3

I'm having something similar, crashes sometime into second mission but in my case it is only crashing to the black screen in my Rift S.  It used to do this occasionally with 2.5.6 but it is much more frequent in 2.7.  Latest patch, and latest NVIDIA and Oculus drivers installed, and usual cable checks on the HMD but still no joy.  System specs in signature.

Laptop Pilot. Alienware X17, i9 11980HK 5.0GHz, 16GB RTX 3080, 64GB DDR4 3200MHz, NVMe SSD. 2x TM Warthog, Hornet grip, Virpil CM2 & TPR pedals, FSSB-R3, Cougar throttle, Viper pit WIP (XBox360 when traveling). Rift S.

NTTR, SoH, Syria, Sinai, Channel, South Atlantic, CA, Supercarrier, FC3, A-10CII, F-5, F-14, F-15E, F-16, F/A-18, F-86, Harrier, M2000, F1, Viggen, MiG-21, Yak-52, L-39, MB-339, CE2, Gazelle, Ka-50, Mi-8, Mi-24, Huey, Apache, Spitfire, Mossie.  Wishlist: Tornado, Jaguar, Buccaneer, F-117 and F-111.