FPS Lost after DCS 2.7.7.14727 patch

Miro

Just now, Enduro14 said:

True its certainly debloated but seemed like an improvement but vr is still not there pre patch neither is 2d.  

10-15 FPS is a lot though!

"Muß ich denn jedes Mal, wenn ich sauge oder saugblase den Schlauchstecker in die Schlauchnut schieben?"

here's a brief explanation to that registry setting:  SvcHostSplitThresholdInKB

It also has the table of values per the RAM installed.

If your system is already debloated and all unnecessary services have been stopped this won't help in your pursuit of higher frames.

https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/94628-change-split-threshold-svchost-exe-windows-10-a.html

• Like 1

Ill keep it brief mode,  Gpu wasn't boosting all the way to its full clock,  when I enabled performance mode in process lasso then card boosted up.  Probaly what got me more fps in that one scenario.   

What i am seeing without a doubt is much higher CPU usage on all cores I have set for dcs.

still have to have the dcs pd dropped in order to get close to pre patch fps.  Where pre patch would not have dropped pd and also had settings higher.  Guess ill just check back after future updates and see if anything improves.  I'm burnt out trying to troubleshoot this.

Intel 8700k @5ghz, 32gb ram, 1080ti, Rift S

52 minutes ago, Sr. said:

From my experience, that is high on the list of absolute worst map/missions to fly. I think it's mostly the application of whatever cloud preset it uses.

Worst jaggedy edged, bouncy clouds in DCS.

I'm pretty sure in that the clouds systems in the DCS 2.7 version is the beginning of the loss of frame rate in VR.It's really nice in 2D and this why i'm not flying in VR mode because a this massive frame drop in VR at least half of the 2D mode.Clouds in very angry VRAM consummer in VR  a maybe ED will make an option a disable clouds in the VR menu option at least in Open beta version and see if VR users see a regain in fluid flying in MP or others missions or campaigns.I'm not  sure that we on ourselves to find a solution on this concern but by ED.I make a test by editiong a simple mission with and without clouds...it's amazing on how clouds is consumming ressources.The clouds is a fine things but by the way it is manage in DCS is not good in VR.

• Like 1

I will do more detailed data collection on my end, but I wanted to check whether all of you are seeing a performance drop both in 2D (on the monitor) and/or VR

2D performance seems fine for me - for example 70 fps on missions over Syria (btw I use the Steam version)

VR performance (running on SteamVR) is where I see the big drop, down to mid 20 fps for the same mission, lots of jitter and drops

Ryzen 9 5900X, 32GB DDR4-3200, with nVidia GeForce RTX 3080, HP G2 headset

• Thanks 1

guys, it is not a windows issue if we can have the usual fps just reverting back the patch

in my opinion if you cant see the degradation you are possibly running 1440p with msaa or 4k with msaa on a very recent gpu, even less if 60hz or capped at 60fps

basically you dont see anything because your bottleneck is elsewhere

Edited by MattCri
  • Like 2

Both 2d and vr on average was 10-15 FPS drop for me and in VR that hurts bad.  Plus can’t run same settings or Res compared to pre patch.  Don’t have numbers logged my test bed mission

Hind Syria free flight 

also to add I use quest 2 for vr, but still have rift s and use to run really nice settings in rift s.  I tested in rift s and cannot use same settings as pre patch without dropping below asw 40.  Also dropped the settings down to what I run in the quest 2 and still can’t maintain 40 in rift s even with those lower settings in current dcs version.  

Edited by Enduro14

Intel 8700k @5ghz, 32gb ram, 1080ti, Rift S

6 hours ago, Hiob said:

I did, here - 4K, custom high settings, in Marianas, Trackfile included. No diag-files, though. The result was, exactly the same performance as before the patch. I doubt, that it is of real benefit though. My Specs are Ryzen 5900x, 64 GB 3600 Ram, Gigabyte RTX3080. I will try to provide the diag files, when I find the time.

https://forums.eagle.ru/topic/269510-dcs-27-detailed-4k-benchmark-with-settings-new-scene-for-marianas/page/2/#comment-4807505

@Lange_666

Could you try to force DCS to (two) certain cores (on a single die, if you have a multi-die cpu) and see if it gives you any results?

Edit: Just seen your Specs - I have to admit, that this particular point does apply more to multi-die ryzen cpus. Really don't know if it makes ANY difference for an i7. But no harm in trying.

Wild, I have almost the same system (Ryzen 5950X, 64GB RAM, RTX 3080), and I have a huge performance hit with the latest open beta. Are you running VR? I am (Oculus 2), and my guess is that non-VR isn’t pushing your system hard enough to feel the hit in performance.

• Like 1

Bonjour à tous
la dernière mise à jour OB m'a fait perdre quelques fps (5/6) mais surtout en volant ou en roulant sur le tarmac j'ai gelé
par contre avec la dernière mise à jour stable de mercredi
plus de perte de fps et plus de gel donc pour moi c'est super car quand j'ai des problèmes avec OB je n'en ai plus avec stable.
(bien sur la comparaison se fait toujours avec les 2 memes versions)
bon vol??

8 minutes ago, davidrbarnette said:

Wild, I have almost the same system (Ryzen 5950X, 64GB RAM, RTX 3080), and I have a huge performance hit with the latest open beta. Are you running VR? I am (Oculus 2), and my guess is that non-VR isn’t pushing your system hard enough to feel the hit in performance.

What do you mean, pancake or not. The system is pushed to the limit of its bottleneck. Which is in both cases the GPU on our systems.

55 minutes ago, MattCri said:

guys, it is not a windows issue if we can have the usual fps just reverting back the patch

in my opinion if you cant see the degradation you are possibly running 1440p with msaa or 4k with msaa on a very recent gpu, even less if 60hz or capped at 60fps

basically you dont see anything because your bottleneck is elsewhere

What‘s all this „you probably don’t see it, because you have another/no bottleneck“ about.

It‘s pretty simple. The Bottleneck is the GPU.

Edited by Hiob

"Muß ich denn jedes Mal, wenn ich sauge oder saugblase den Schlauchstecker in die Schlauchnut schieben?"

10 minutes ago, Hiob said:

What‘s all this „you probably don’t see it, because you have another/no bottleneck“ about.

It‘s pretty simple. The Bottleneck is the GPU.

It's just observation at this stage but in my opinion it is not a gpu bottleneck or the new water 

im my experience the degradation is minimal to zero in very heavy scenes and huge in very simple frames (no clouds only sky f2 camera) If i have to guess its something related to memory/cache on the cpu side or bandwitdth related on the gpu that gets watered down if you are already pushing a lot of data for high res and msaa.

I managed to (mostly) fix my fps issues with the latest patches (this applies mainly to VR).

Here's what I did:

Someone in my squadron suggested I rename my DCS saved games folder and let DCS create a new one. This helped immediately, I was almost back at pre-patch performance albeit at lower graphics settings (more on that later).

I then started copying back folders from my previous saved games folder and when I copied the scripts folder my performance tanked. I managed to single out SRS as the culprit - a reinstall helped to regain performance.

Now the biggest thing for VR performance was that I forgot about holger's openvr FSR mod that I used. Obviously the game overwrites the custom openvr_api.dll when you run an update. I completely forgot about that and reapplying the mod brought my performance back to (almost) pre-patch levels. There is still an issue with performance when looking at smoke that I had not experienced pre patch in this way but it is not unplayable anymore.

• Like 1

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 5900X | Mobo: Gigabyte X570 Aorus Pro | RAM: 64GB DDR4 3600 G.Skill TridentZ | GPU: Palit RTX3080 Ti 12GB | SSDs: 2xSabrent Rocket 1TB M.2 | Samsung Pro 256GB | Samsung EVO 850 500GB | Samsung QVO 1TB 

Peripherals: Warthog HOTAS | TrackIR 5 | MFG Crosswinds | 3xTM Cougar MFDs | HP Reverb G2

Did the same test after the above (backup and then remove the saved games folder and let DCS OB create a new one (and without SRS in the script).
Did put in the same settings as in the old one. Result is as good as the same, same loss compared to the 2.7.6. stable version which still has SRS in it's script folder.
So that is a dead end.

Win11 Pro 64-bit, Ryzen 5800X3D, Corsair H115i, Gigabyte X570S UD, EVGA 3080Ti XC3 Ultra 12GB, 64 GB DDR4 G.Skill 3600. Monitors: LG 27GL850-B27 2560x1440 + Samsung SyncMaster 2443 1920x1200, HOTAS: Warthog with Virpil WarBRD base, MFG Crosswind combat pedals, TrackIR4, Rift-S.

Personal Wish List: A6 Intruder, Vietnam theater, decent ATC module, better VR performance!

In this track FPS drops not long after take-off from 20+ to 10.

I noticed:

- when other planes are in view FPS is relatively low (even if I can only see the label dot)

- no clue why the FPS suddenly drops.

Remarks:

- this happened when playing a Liberation campaign mission. Results file not synchronised between the two apps? (but this issue also happens in multi-player without Liberation)

DxDiag.txt dcs.log FPSdrop.trk

10 minutes ago, Lange_666 said:

Did the same test after the above (backup and then remove the saved games folder and let DCS OB create a new one (and without SRS in the script).
Did put in the same settings as in the old one. Result is as good as the same, same loss compared to the 2.7.6. stable version which still has SRS in it's script folder.
So that is a dead end.

same here

I have noticed that main reason of FPS drop - MSAA setting. When i disable it (I set 4x usually), my FPS on Mi-24 Hind in cockpit have increased from 30 to 60. On Ka-50 with enabled MSAA = 4x fps decrease from 60 to 40-45 when im increase the FOV in cockpit and looking at the buldings on Caucasus. Before 2.7 i have used MSAA = 4x too, and i havent any troubles with FPS on Caucasus. So, im assuming that in 2.7 update MSAA setting began to demand more performance.

Edited by Песочек
опечатка

GTX 1070, i5-8600 3.10GHz, 32GB RAM, Samsung SSD 970 EVO Plus 500GB

9 minutes ago, Песочек said:

I have noticed that main reason of FPS drop - MSAA setting. When i disable it (I set 4x usually), my FPS on Mi-24 Hind in cockpit have increased from 30 to 60. On Ka-50 with enabled MSAA = 4x fps decrease from 60 to 40-45 when im increase the FOV in cockpit and looking at the buldings on Caucasus. Before 2.7 i have used MSAA = 4x too, and i havent any troubles with FPS on Caucasus. So, im assuming that in 2.7 update MSAA setting began to demand more performance.

This is absolutely NOT the reason for the drop. MSAA has always been an extremely demanding option. I have always had to fly with it off. I had MSAA off before the patch and with it still off after the patch, I'm still having reduced FPS.

• Like 3

I run the cleanup and repair described in here: https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/support/faq/repair/

The results are still the same (not getting as before in 2.7.6).

Also btw, these are my NVidia settings: Sorry for having this only in german, but i hope the order of the options is the same so it can be recognized by it's index.

grafik.png

@BIGNEWY Can you tell us, if at ED you could reproduce the problem?

Edited by Limaro

Windows 11 Pro 64Bit - AMD Ryzen 5800X3D - AMD 6900 XT - 64 GB RAM

VPC MongoosT-50CM2 Throttle, VPC WarBRD Base, VPC MongoosT-50CM2 Grip

• ED Team
18 minutes ago, Limaro said:

Can you tell us, if at ED you could reproduce the problem?

We have not been able to reproduce the problem, we have checked with QA, and even our volunteer closed testers. We continue to look at data and tracks but at this time there is no obvious cause for some peoples fps loss. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

So a stupid techie question. Does adding CUDA, via second RTX board in non-SLI , cores to system, add up to more cores being used in DX11 and DX12, OpenCL, GPU Render, thus increasing FPS in DCS?

Running an experiment.

My MB has two PCIe slots that suppourt GPU. I have RTX GeForce 2060Super in one , and 1 gen older Pascal P2200 in other. With Nvidia Studio Driver 472.39. All panels are plugged into RTX 2060Super.

Driver sees both boards. I have RTX 2060S as OpenGL rendering GPU. RTX2060S as PhysX dedicated GPU, and CUDA cores enabled on both. Increasing CUDA core count to system is what I am interested in. The GPU renderers for DCC that I have, Renderman24 XPU, Redshift, both state that all CUDA cores will be used.  RTX 2060S has 8gb vram and P2200 has 6gb. It is an open question as how GPU renderers will behave with two GPU having different VRAM amount, but running on same driver.

When I downloaded Nvidia driver, I checked which is latest Studio driver for both RTX Touring and Pascal boards. Nvidia reported same driver for Studio and same driver (496.49) for latest Game Ready Driver. Sadly Game Ready driver in 496.XX do not work well with DCC 3D applications.

Nvidia GPU utilization shows both

If I am making a horrible mistake, please chime in.

MY hope is that FPS in DCS is increased. If my GPU renderers get a boost , so much the better.

My realistic expectation is that DCS and DX11/12/12.1 performance will get no boost or change.

THe intent is to see if having one expensive RTX GPU driving panels, and lower cost Ebay bought used mining GPU's w/o video out, but having same Vram, and same drivers, be used together to bring up performance of primary panel driving GPU.

Edited by DmitriKozlowsky

Don't want to break the magic, but looks like updating Nvidia dirvers to the latest version fixed the issue for me (never helped before 😄 ), FPS is back to normal. Not sure though if any driver-level setting have been changed upon driver update (i.e. set to default), but still.

• Like 1

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

12 minutes ago, DimASS said:

Don't want to break the magic, but looks like updating Nvidia dirvers to the latest version fixed the issue for me (never helped before 😄 ), FPS is back to normal. Not sure though if any driver-level setting have been changed upon driver update (i.e. set to default), but still.

No difference for me and my old 1080.

26 minutes ago, DmitriKozlowsky said:

If I am making a horrible mistake, please chime in.

Well youre posting in the wrong thread for a start...

MSI Tomahawk X570 Mobo, Ryzen 5600X undervolted on Artic Freezer E34 Cooler, RTX3080 FE, 32GB (2x16GB Dual Ranked) GSkil 3600 CL16 Trident Neo RAM, 2X 4th Gen M2 SSDs, Corsair RM850x PSU, Lancool 215 Case. 

Gear: MFG Crosswinds, Warthog Throttle, Virpil T50CM gen 1 stick, TIR5, Cougar MFD (OOA), D-link H7/B powered USB 2.0 Hub all strapped to a butchered Wheel stand pro, Cushion to bang head on, wall to scream at.  

SO far my experiment produced no change in DCS performance. Only the primary RTX GPU gets a 3D load. Second CUDA GPU is at zero.

15 minutes ago, DimASS said:

Which version? I am running Studio Driver 472.39. Which latest Studio Driver. Latest, for my rig, Game Ready Driver is 496.49, has problems in Houdini, Maya, and OpenGL.