FPS Lost after DCS 2.7.7.14727 patch

Miro

@BIGNEWYI have create test video again with the same track, but in this time i have disabled V-sync. Also, i have recorded fps from bandicam too. Now it is better to see. With disabled v-sync fps is really better in 2.7.7, but you can see that anyway fps decreased at average from 75-80 to 55-60.

Test №2 DCS fps drop settings.png

DxDiag.txt dcs.log Ka-50 fps drop.trk

• Thanks 1

GTX 1070, i5-8600 3.10GHz, 32GB RAM, Samsung SSD 970 EVO Plus 500GB

@BIGNEWY I just noticed something in the patch notes for DCS 2.7.7.14727 https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/news/changelog/openbeta/2.7.7.14727/

that is different from the 'Changelog and Updates' that you posted on October 20.

The last line of the DCS World section of the Changelog is 

• Added new water shaders 

but the patch notes does not have this. I'm not into any conspiracy theories, but perhaps you could explain the difference?

Were the water shaders a late addition?

I appreciate all your efforts. Thanks!

Edited by deep
  • Thanks 3

6 minutes ago, BIGNEWY said:

The team have lower end machines also and have been checking. 

Maybe they just have lower standards/expectations 😆

I know... NOT helping

Edited by Sr.
  • Like 3

Ryzen 7 5800X3D | 64GB DDR4 3600| MSI RTX 4080 16GB Ventus 3X OC  | Samsung 970 Evo 2TB NVME | HP Reverb G2 | DIY Head Tracker Cap | Logitech X-56 throttle | VKB NXT Premium |  Win 11

"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic."

--Arthur C Clark

9 minutes ago, BIGNEWY said:

Of course we have been comparing to previous versions, as mentioned we have not seen what some of you have been seeing. 

We are investigating, but there is no obvious reason for these FPS anomalies.

At this point this thread is not useful, if you are having a problem please make a new thread for your specific problem, with the data that we need to check it. 

Track replay, dcs.log, dxdiag we will continue to compare and test on our systems. 
Please only post if you have data to share. 

Thanks

Some of us have given you this already. I assume we dont need to further clog the forum with individual examples. 

I can fully appreciate the frustration on your part but equally, without any meaningful direction from ED (other than the ususual advice for a botched update fix), threads such as this will always wander and become bloated piles of hoodoo sadly.

MSI Tomahawk X570 Mobo, Ryzen 5600X undervolted on Artic Freezer E34 Cooler, RTX3080 FE, 32GB (2x16GB Dual Ranked) GSkil 3600 CL16 Trident Neo RAM, 2X 4th Gen M2 SSDs, Corsair RM850x PSU, Lancool 215 Case. 

Gear: MFG Crosswinds, Warthog Throttle, Virpil T50CM gen 1 stick, TIR5, Cougar MFD (OOA), D-link H7/B powered USB 2.0 Hub all strapped to a butchered Wheel stand pro, Cushion to bang head on, wall to scream at.  

Seems to me the solution is simply roll out a patch with 2..76 graphic settings/code and 2.77 aircraft fixes....am I wrong here???

• Like 1

MODUALS OWNED       AH-64D APACHE, Ka-50, UH-1H, Mi-8MTV2, Mi-24,Gazelle, FC3, A-10C, A-10CII, Mirage 2000C, F-14 TOMCAT, F/A-18C HORNET, F-16C VIPER, AV-8B/NA, F-15 E, F-4 Phantom, MiG-21Bis, L-39, F-5E, AJS 37 Viggen, MiG-19, F-86, MiG-15Bis, Spitfire IX, Bf-109K, Fw-190D, P-51D, CA, SYRIA, NEVADA, NORMANDY, PERSIAN GULF, MARIANA ISLANDS,SUPER CARRIER, WORLD WAR II ASSETS PACK, HAWK T1

SYSTEM SPECS            AMD  7600X 4.7 Ghz CPU , MSI RX 6750 12 gig GPU ,32 gig ram on Win11 64bit.

• ED Team
16 minutes ago, Boosterdog said:

Some of us have given you this already. I assume we dont need to further clog the forum with individual examples. 

and we have been checking them, thank you. 

• Like 2

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

@BIGNEWY. I now also have my original I5 machine plus a new, virginal Ryzen one if there is anything a comparison of hardware or old v new OS may help with. Should be up and running with both from Monday. 

• Like 1

MSI Tomahawk X570 Mobo, Ryzen 5600X undervolted on Artic Freezer E34 Cooler, RTX3080 FE, 32GB (2x16GB Dual Ranked) GSkil 3600 CL16 Trident Neo RAM, 2X 4th Gen M2 SSDs, Corsair RM850x PSU, Lancool 215 Case. 

Gear: MFG Crosswinds, Warthog Throttle, Virpil T50CM gen 1 stick, TIR5, Cougar MFD (OOA), D-link H7/B powered USB 2.0 Hub all strapped to a butchered Wheel stand pro, Cushion to bang head on, wall to scream at.  

12 hours ago, DmitriKozlowsky said:

Which version? I am running Studio Driver 472.39. Which latest Studio Driver. Latest, for my rig, Game Ready Driver is 496.49, has problems in Houdini, Maya, and OpenGL.

496.49 it is

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

ED needs to kill , or make it an option, water transparency. At scales DCS operates, seawater has no transparency. We should not be able to see hull below waterline. Seawater also has no need to reflect. Normally seawater turbidity breaks up reflections at macroscales. Water only HDR light and HDR environment reflection with Fresnel falloff. Transparencies, reflections, just suck up FPS.

• Like 5

On 11/3/2021 at 2:18 PM, BIGNEWY said:

they are identical now, it would be a pointless exercise, only differences would likely be in the saved games folder

@BIGNEWYit wasnt. 

I went ahead and downloaded the stable update. General performance accross missions with no change and identical settings between beta and open and identical stock saved games folders (carried over form the old stable) etc has resulted in a consistent 8-10fps INCREASE across the board.

Still about 10fps short of the old stable but now on par if not slightly over with the 2.7.6 Beta. 

So somat is different or (uneducated and wild speculation) sommat is misfiring within the update that isnt being picked up with a repair.

Edited by Boosterdog

That is interesting!

I completely removed DCS (Manually) and reinstalled the Beta. This seemed to have have improved FPS too.

And i get the feeling that setting Visible range from LOW to Ultimate (in VR) had a positive effect too. No proper test results available, but worth the try in the category 'more shadows is more performance'.

• Like 1

Hey guys, I‘m going to make a fresh install of dcs 2.7.6 beta on my old rig (4790K, 1080ti, 16GB ram, 1080p) for a baseline and am planning on updating then to 2.7.7 to see if there is any change.

Can somebody guide me on how to prevent dcs from installing all my maps and modules? I‘d like to install only the core game and one map and aircraft.

Thx 

"Muß ich denn jedes Mal, wenn ich sauge oder saugblase den Schlauchstecker in die Schlauchnut schieben?"

Well, if it's a fresh install on another PC, after logging in, you will probably see red marker on module manager icon indicating there's stuff which can be installed, but at that point you will still have only a barebones DCSW package content available to play.

i7 9700K @ stock speed, single GTX1070, 32 gigs of RAM, TH Warthog, MFG Crosswind, Win10.

ok, I‘ll give it a try…

Can you give me a short howto on how to install an old version? I‘m a little lost rn

Edited by Hiob

"Muß ich denn jedes Mal, wenn ich sauge oder saugblase den Schlauchstecker in die Schlauchnut schieben?"

• ED Team
4 hours ago, Boosterdog said:

@BIGNEWYit wasnt. 

I went ahead and downloaded the stable update. General performance accross missions with no change and identical settings between beta and open and identical stock saved games folders (carried over form the old stable) etc has resulted in a consistent 8-10fps INCREASE across the board.

Still about 10fps short of the old stable but now on par if not slightly over with the 2.7.6 Beta. 

So somat is different or (uneducated and wild speculation) sommat is misfiring within the update that isnt being picked up with a repair.

thanks for letting me know, at least you have got some FPS back. 

• Thanks 1

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

ok, I‘ll give it a try…
Can you give me a short howto on how to install an old version? I‘m a little lost rn
By command line, or if you want to go easier on yourself, get Skatezilla's updater/launcer. Then you just enter the version you want. Get the number from the ED site, change log page. And you enter the number and off you go.

Sent from my MAR-LX1A using Tapatalk

If FPS is gained from a fresh install then there must be a way to define the problem of losing that FPS when we upgraded from 2.7.6 to 2.7.7.
I'm septical about this solution for now.

• Like 1

Win11 Pro 64-bit, Ryzen 5800X3D, Corsair H115i, Gigabyte X570S UD, EVGA 3080Ti XC3 Ultra 12GB, 64 GB DDR4 G.Skill 3600. Monitors: LG 27GL850-B27 2560x1440 + Samsung SyncMaster 2443 1920x1200, HOTAS: Warthog with Virpil WarBRD base, MFG Crosswind combat pedals, TrackIR4, Rift-S.

Personal Wish List: A6 Intruder, Vietnam theater, decent ATC module, better VR performance!

Ok, so I renamed the folder in saved games and changed my shadow settings from flat to low (because it's faster now). This brought my framerates to acceptable ranges, even though still probably lower than in 2.7.6 (can't check).

Also with texture settings, high feels smoother than medium and about equal to low in external view. At this point, it might actually be worth just checking individual settings to see if higher is faster.

Specs: Ryzen 5 3600, 32GB RAM, RX 550 2GB, Western Digital blue 2TB

Test mission: Caucasus F-86 free flight.

1 hour ago, Lange_666 said:

If FPS is gained from a fresh install then there must be a way to define the problem of losing that FPS when we upgraded from 2.7.6 to 2.7.7.
I'm septical about this solution for now.

Didn’t say it was a solution. I simply reported what occurred.

It may work for some or for no one.  

Just figured it was something to try instead of pontificating about shit on a stick as I normally do. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, BIGNEWY said:

and we have been checking them, thank you. 

I probably have THE slowest machine.  2.5.5 was about 20fps, then 2.5.6 12fps and a clean install of 2.7.7 is now at 9fps.  All SP same simple FC3 mission start at 4000 ft.
ALL settings as low as possible/off.  1280x768 res (but on a fast 144hz monitor - don't ask).  Technically it shouldn't even run on this laptop.

5600x, EVGA 3070 FTW, B550 Tomahawk, M.2 Samsung, 32GB CL16, AIO 240mm
VKB Gladiator Pro, Freetracker IR 3d printed, TM MkII HOTAS circa 1985 w/USB
Asus 27" 2560x1440 60fps (so constrain DCS to 60fps)    F-16, F-18
       2021 = First year on DCS: