Military Assets for DCS by Currenthill

15 minutes ago, bennyboy9800 said:

Hello Currenthil. The Tu95MSM is fantastic! Would you be willing to provide a clean loadout option with removeable external hardpoints? 

Sure, I'll add it in the next release. 👍🏻

• Like 4
  • Thanks 3

On 12/26/2023 at 11:37 PM, gabriel said:

I'm an American living on Portugal, and the currency here is the euro and I'm not able to buy the DCS packages that are on dollars, can anyone Help me?

https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/support/faq/troubles_with_orders/#:~:text=Payment system declined transaction%2C Payment rejected,-Saferpay payment system&text=Please make sure your card,and Credit cards are different !

I googled unable to pay and got this. I'd contact ED or open a suppport ticket. Hope this helps

@Timex3

I feel your frustration.

I made a bug report.

Here.

You may rant here all you like!😆

Sorry @currenthill

Did not mean to de-rail your thread.

But today's up=date did nothing to fix many issues.

"Yeah, and though I work in the valley of Death, I will fear no Evil. For where there is one, there is always three. I preparest my aircraft to receive the Iron that will be delivered in the presence of my enemies. Thy ALCM and JDAM they comfort me. Power was given unto the aircrew to make peace upon the world by way of the sword. And when the call went out, Behold the "Sword of Stealth". And his name was Death. And Hell followed him. For the day of wrath has come and no mercy shall be given."

2 hours ago, Timex3 said:

I have to point out my frustrations! I have to say that I'm extremely disappointed with ED. Version 2.9 is NOTHING to write home about. They have ruined DCS World in my opinion! I have NEVER seen an update cause so many problems! It's very disappointing that I had to delete all my Mods for the Simulator to perform correctly! The only Mods I have are made by Currenthill. Eagle Dynamics had to know that the current update has caused disappointment and frustration, & I feel pissed off! I don't know about anyone else, DCS World has been a Hobby for me since its release! The DCS World Community now has very limited Static options. Mods like Massun Asset, Civil Objects, NATO Assets, and so on don't work! Thank goodness for CH, his Assets work perfectly! ED has to do something to correct these issues in my opinion! They need to understand that DCS World is a major Hobby for most Members! All that ED has done is screw up everything, and who knows when these issues will be corrected. My apologies for my rant, I'm just so frustrated and disappointed! I hope everyone had a good Christmas! All the best in 2024!

Timex 3     

Hi, As posted previously, ED will argue that they can't take into account the myriads of existing non-ED Mods, not sure they could even list them all. That's correct. Also, they said that OB releases are what they are qualified, i.e. Beta, meaning that there might be unknown bugs, and known issues. And there are a number of them, obviously. However, in those circumstances, it would be fair from ED to provide the users with the ability to revert back to a previous version. And there is another final option for us, that I always use for myself, it's not to upgrade immediately to the latest versions. Considering the number of bug reports I read, I'm quite satisfied to run OB 2.8.8, without any particular problem. This means that I'm at least 4 months late compared to ED's roll-out program, but I can happily spend my time on more important aspects of DCS : improving existing Mods, without wasting hours trying to upgrade the Mods one by one to conform to the lastest version. And I confess that, considering the current situation, I'm not near to upgrade to 2.9. My two cents. Enjoy ! 😀

Edited by toan
  • Like 4

Download links and traffic limits update

I've been working the issue with traffic limits and I've come to a conclusion. Dropbox backed from their earlier statement of their Transfer service. So I will be cancelling my Dropbox service. Instead, after experimenting with many different solutions this is how I'm implementing it for the time being:

On the frontpage of my website you will see three download links, they will take you to three different Google Drive accounts which have their own and separate traffic limit. This is the best price/performance I can get when it comes to file sharing services.

The links will only be on the frontpage for ease of maintenance. And the links will take you to the shared folder where you can chose one or more packs to download. I've already updated my website. 

Skärmbild 2023-12-28 231908.jpg 

• Like 7
  • Thanks 3

4 hours ago, Timex3 said:

I have to say that I'm extremely disappointed with ED. Version 2.9 is NOTHING to write home about. They have ruined DCS World in my opinion! I have NEVER seen an update cause so many problems! It's very disappointing that I had to delete all my Mods for the Simulator to perform correctly!

I use a lot of user mods too, but I don't get angry at ED for updating their Sim ... I just disable any affected user Mod and wait for the Mod developer to update it. No need to delete User Mods if you employ a Mod Manager.

This is not the first time that a DCS update affects several user Mods at once, the update to v2.5.6 was similar, as the graphics engine stopped support for older 3d models. Most Mod makers updated their 3D models within a lapse of a few weeks ... only moders not in the scene anymore, like Ranger79 or Lilkiki, couldn't update their Mods and they had to be abandoned, sadly.

• Like 7

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

5 hours ago, currenthill said:

Skärmbild 2023-12-28 202952.jpg

This is awesome!  After the Tu-160, I'll try to find you some PLA helicopters and other PLA equipment, and send you some money in the coming weeks.  That said, what are your thoughts on Turkish military equipment like the Altay tank, FNSS infantry fighting vehicle, Kaplan, and BMC185 4x4 truck? 

• Like 1

@currenthill May be you didn't see my previous post, It's undoubtedly simpler for you to manage your mods (especially the US and Russian packs), but for us with a weak internet connection, it's a pain to download them. If you're going to change a few bytes in a mod, do you plan to do a simple update rather than having to download the full package again ?

In any case, thanks again for the fantastic work you do. Happy New year 🍾🎇

MSI Z97 Gaming 5 - Intel I7 4790K - Artic cooling freezer 7 pro rev 2 - GSKILL 32 Go - SSD Crucial M5 120 go - SSD Crucial 2To - HDD western digital caviar blue 1 TO - Gigabyte GTX 1070 Gaming G1 - Windows 10 home 64 bits

18 hours ago, tripod3 said:

Now mods will be released less frequently, and will I have to re-download the entire archive for future updates? Or are they finished forever?

Yes, the packages will be released less frequently since I update a larger amount of assets (all the ones in one pack) before releasing. 

Yes, you will have to re-download the entire archive until another technical solution is implemented. I'm looking into that. 

No, I don't stop maintaining my asset packs. It's just not possible based on how DCS works. If I were to stop they'd be broken within a DCS update cycle. 😅

18 hours ago, Wild_Weasel_31 said:

@currenthill, you definitely have to add this hell of a truck into your Ukraine asset pack. Will be a cherry on top of a cake!

Seems not to take much time, this is an usual S-60 AAA, mounted on some heavy truck chassis (KrAZ-255B in this particular case)

Reveal hidden contents

photo_2023-12-28_14-09-11.jpg

photo_2023-12-28_14-09-12.jpg

photo_2023-12-28_14-09-13.jpg

photo_2023-12-28_14-09-14.jpg

Haha, I love all the special contraptions. 👍🏻

17 hours ago, clanitho said:

@currenthill It's undoubtedly simpler for you to manage your mods, but for us with a weak internet connection, it's a pain to download them. If you're going to change a few bytes in a mod, do you plan to do a simple update rather than having to download the full package again ?

If I don't make these changes, there won't be any assets from me at all. I spend a lot of time and money (thank you donators!) making and maintaining my assets, and then I provide them for free. Then only thing a user have to do is download and use them. And you still think you're getting a bad deal?

6 hours ago, HighMaintenanceB said:

This is awesome!  After the Tu-160, I'll try to find you some PLA helicopters and other PLA equipment, and send you some money in the coming weeks.  That said, what are your thoughts on Turkish military equipment like the Altay tank, FNSS infantry fighting vehicle, Kaplan, and BMC185 4x4 truck? 

Thanks! I'm definitely for implementing more Turkish assets, I even have the country pack already. 😅

6 hours ago, RaisedByWolves said:

Stop! My penis can only get so erect.

Haha! To manage expectations though. I've been searching for well made models to use for this one, it wasn't easy. I've had to make a lot of manual changes to this one. Unfortunately it won't come with a cockpit. But, it's tenfold better looking and working than the in-game version. I've even added the 6 missile rotary launcher (will also update the Tu-95MSM with it). 

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2

56 minutes ago, currenthill said:

Yes, the packages will be released less frequently since I update a larger amount of assets (all the ones in one pack) before releasing. 

Yes, you will have to re-download the entire archive until another technical solution is implemented. I'm looking into that. 

No, I don't stop maintaining my asset packs. It's just not possible based on how DCS works. If I were to stop they'd be broken within a DCS update cycle. 😅

Haha, I love all the special contraptions. 👍🏻

If I don't make these changes, there won't be any assets from me at all. I spend a lot of time and money (thank you donators!) making and maintaining my assets, and then I provide them for free. Then only thing a user have to do is download and use them. And you still think you're getting a bad deal?

Thanks! I'm definitely for implementing more Turkish assets, I even have the country pack already. 😅

Haha! To manage expectations though. I've been searching for well made models to use for this one, it wasn't easy. I've had to make a lot of manual changes to this one. Unfortunately it won't come with a cockpit. But, it's tenfold better looking and working than the in-game version. I've even added the 6 missile rotary launcher (will also update the Tu-95MSM with it). 

Great news, please add  (or maybe Urbi?) some soviet era skins too for the TU-95 and the TU-160 with the classic red star scheme in addition to the current layout of the VVS blue/red/white star.

russian 2s38 spaag(lg-he) unit has a peculiar weapon. its aa projectiles behaves like homing missiles. they seem to track the target. is it a bug?(just watched the projectile in f6 screen, it has fins.)

but the unit does not track target when its skill level is set to average.

Edited by bephanten
updated my thoughts

7 minutes ago, bephanten said:

russian 2s38 spaag(lg-he) unit has a peculiar weapon. its aa projectiles behaves like homing missiles. they seem to track the target. is it a bug?

CH made a great effort to present his assets features best as he could ! But who to read 🙂

image.png

• Like 2

Romanian Community for DCS World

HW Specs: AMD 7900X, 64GB RAM, RTX 4090, HOTAS Virpil, MFG, CLS-E, custom

25 minutes ago, bephanten said:

russian 2s38 spaag(lg-he) unit has a peculiar weapon. its aa projectiles behaves like homing missiles. they seem to track the target. is it a bug?(just watched the projectile in f6 screen, it has fins.)

but the unit does not track target when its skill level is set to average.

Are you going to be Grinch today? :)))... These are guided projectiles, not missiles .... so they are quite limited on their correction capabilities. There is also a reason setting up different skill levels for the units... right? 😄

Edited by Abburo
  • Like 2

Romanian Community for DCS World

HW Specs: AMD 7900X, 64GB RAM, RTX 4090, HOTAS Virpil, MFG, CLS-E, custom

14 hours ago, Rudel_chw said:

I use a lot of user mods too, but I don't get angry at ED for updating their Sim ... I just disable any affected user Mod and wait for the Mod developer to update it. No need to delete User Mods if you employ a Mod Manager.

This is not the first time that a DCS update affects several user Mods at once, the update to v2.5.6 was similar, as the graphics engine stopped support for older 3d models. Most Mod makers updated their 3D models within a lapse of a few weeks ... only moders not in the scene anymore, like Ranger79 or Lilkiki, couldn't update their Mods and they had to be abandoned, sadly.

dcs.log

Hi Rudel, I was just so frustrated, so my apologies! I had to delete every Mod, other than CH's Mods! Could you please have another look at my Log File for errors? The Simulator is crashing on me!

Thanks,

Timex 3 

• ED Team
14 minutes ago, Timex3 said:

dcs.log 40.55 kB · 2 downloads

Hi Rudel, I was just so frustrated, so my apologies! I had to delete every Mod, other than CH's Mods! Could you please have another look at my Log File for errors? The Simulator is crashing on me!

Thanks,

Timex 3 

you still have the AH-1G mod. 

Its best to delete all unofficial mods and run a slow repair or verify if steam. Test it works, then add your unofficial mods one by one to see what is creating the problem. 

• Like 4

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

4 hours ago, Abburo said:

Are you going to be Grinch today? :)))... These are guided projectiles, not missiles .... so they are quite limited on their correction capabilities. There is also a reason setting up different skill levels for the units... right? 😄

of course, the skill levels are there for a reason. but average skill does not react to a flying over ai plane in my mission. the same unit with a higher skill level reacts to the same scenario. and the ai planes are ww2 birds. not f22s

1 hour ago, BIGNEWY said:

Its best to delete all unofficial mods and run a slow repair or verify if steam. Test it works, then add your unofficial mods one by one to see what is creating the problem. 

1 hour ago, BIGNEWY said:

The AH-1G is working perfectly in the Simulator. The reason I kept the Mod is I had a custom Iran Livery for it. I have deleted everything else, other than CH's Mods. The 2.9 update has screwed up all my Mods, and it sucks! I don't fly much anymore, I enjoy creating large and complex Missions in the Mission Editor. I hope ED can resolve the issues, because I have nothing to work with. DCS World is a Hobby for me. Thank you for your help, it's very much appreciated. Happy New Year,

Timex 3

• Like 2

On 12/28/2023 at 3:14 AM, currenthill said:

1. I've recreated the issue and I'm working on a solution. But I'm a bit hesitant since every small DCS 2.9 update seem to change (both fix and introduce new issues) with the cruise and antiship missile schemes. I will at least have to wait for the next DCS update before I do anything. 

2. When the cruise and antiship missile configurations are stable I will look into the fine tuning, I'll put it on my todo list. 👍🏻

Definitely DCS updates are kind of goofy sometimes.

currenthill,спасибо за твой труд! Очень рад ,что поддерживаешь интерес к русской технике.(currenthill, thank you for your hard work! I am very glad that you are maintaining an interest in Russian technology.)

Anybody have any leads for what causes ground units to not show up now? Currenthill aircraft are working and that is it. I have most of the popular mods, SamAssets, Massun, VPC, VSN, Admiral89, Hawkeye WW2. Every update another mod bites the dust. Interested to see where this modding community will be in two years time.