Patch notes discussion 10th March - 12th April 2023

BIGNEWY

5950x in pancake mode...

No discernable performance in- or de-crease. New mission created, no mods. F-16C in Syria and Caucasus. STD version avg fps 55 / MT version avg fps 56.

Just for kicks I created a mission in Caucasus with me up against 40 Mig-29S in MT. Starts off with about 60fps... in middle of the furball down to 8fps. Something is screwy here... It's like MT is not enabled at all. And yes, Im starting it DCS from the MT directory...

Any ideas?

"It's not the years, honey. It's the mileage..."

4 minutes ago, Firebird1955 said:

Is anyone else having an issue with getting their VR screen to recenter using the Valve Index and MT?  Using the overlay, my screen will recenter (play area) just fine with the update without MT, but when I start using the MT exe, when DCS Starts, my view is in the middle of the mig with the home screen off to my right.  I cannot recenter the screen using the Valve UI or any other means I have tried.  I do have the extension on the command line, and since the Valve is not supported (to my knowledge) using XR, I am at a loss.  

I assume you have also tried pressing the "5" key on the numpad? Should be the DCS recenter button.

Favorite module: F16C 💥
Currently learning F15E 👨‍🏫
13900k - RTX 4090 - 64GB DDR5 - Varjo Aero - TM Warthog Hotas - Pedals

vor einer Stunde schrieb IR.Clutch:

DCS World\bin-mt\DCS.exe" --force_enable_VR   -  default SteamVR

DCS World\bin-mt\DCS.exe" - Default OpenXR 🙃

Could you elaborate? As a stand-alone DCS but SteamVR user (because Vive Pro), do I have to manually add "force_enable_VR" to the exe?

Edited by Jayhawk1971

My first tests show (VR only)
I got my 10-15 fps back that 2.8 robbed from me. Well done ED, we're even again now. 😘

• Like 1

regards Ganesh

She: "Your orders from ED have reached a total amount of $871,88 and your hardware expenses are countless..."
Me: "I can´t invest my money much better until i wait for Germanys Next Top Model": The
Bo-105 PAH1A1

+ Vulkan & continuous work on multithread & VR optimization!

Asus Z490E - 10900k@5,3GHz - 64GB 3600 DDR4 - 4090FE - Reverb G2 - MFG Crosswinds +DamperMod - Selfmade TableMounts - Centered VirPil T-50 Base with 20cm Extension - TM Warthog & Hornet Grip - TM Throttle +SlewMod - Pimped MSFFB2 for Huey - JetSeat SE on a sawn out office Chair - PointCTRL

11 minutes ago, Eugel said:

image.png

I don´t see an "MT VR" option in the steam launch pop up and it´s not even in the screenshot provided in the FAQ.

Go into SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\DCSWorld\bin-mt and find DCS.exe..  run that.

If you want to run in VR with MT, then go into the same folder, create a shortcut that runs "SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\DCSWorld\bin-mt\DCS.exe --force_VR --force_OpenXR" otherwise it'll try and run SteamVR

System specs:
i9-11900KF OC to 5500Mhz with water block- MSI RTX4090 OC - ASUS ROG HERO VIII - 64GB DDR4 @3600MHz- 1TB SSD OS - 2TB SSD GAME- 1000W PSU
Pimax 8kx - TM Pendular Pedals - TM Warthog Throttle - TM Waterhog HOTAS - TM F/A-18 Grip - WinWing Pheonix MIP/UPC - Homemade Landing Gear control.  Andre's SimShaker driving two subwoofers and seat kickers for seat and control column vibration - sketchpad linked to OpenKneeboard - VoiceAttack with VIACOM Pro

for MT,  old missions that have added sound or scripts are dead. crash on loading

4 minutes ago, Ganesh said:

My first tests show (VR only)
I got my 10-15 fps back that 2.8 robbed from me. Well done ED, we're even again now. 😘

ST or MT? +10/15 fps with MT is not a gain. baby steps.

Edited by muzica9

1 hour ago, muzica9 said:

you will be disappointed. you still have to keep old settings and workarounds

Just fired it up ( Syria full map) and FPS seems to be much more consisted at the airfield. I cap my fps at 60 so helios runs the smoothest, but it held pretty constant while taxiing and looking around near all the hangers that would normally tank the  fps into the. 30’s until up in  the air. Had about 25 aircraft on that field and 10 f-15 cap flights all moving to the runway. Didn’t get deep into it but on initial trial it seems to have helped. Not saying it wont tank when missiles start flying and there’s hundreds of ballistics happening all at once though😂

Intel i7 13700k, ASUS  rog strix z790A, 64gigs G.Skill Trident DDR5 @6400Mhz, Nvidia  RTX 4080FE, 2x 2TB Samsung M.2 NVME, 2x 1TB Samsung SSD,  Corsair RM1000x, Corsair h100i 240mm cooler, Lian Li LanCool 3, VKB Gunfighter Ultimate, VKB STECS , MFG Crosswinds, Track IR5, 48” LG UltraGear OLED & HP 24” touchscreen for Helios, Streamdeck XL, DCS-UFC App, Corsair Virtuoso RGB Headphones

My totally lazy ass test results in my secondary main site install I use for free trials. No Steam patch for a few hours.

P-51 trainer, same route, over Marianas = 5% to 10% for FPS 

Nice loading times though.  😃

• Like 1

Some of the planes, but all of the maps!

Running steam edition, Reverb G2
it is supposed to have MT VR option in steam but it is not there, so MT preview is launched in 2D , and forcing VR will launch it with steam VR does anyone have info

Aslo having Reverb G2 launching via steam VR before the update steamVR was not launched and skipped by using OPENXR

now steamvR is launched everytime, does anyone have info here how to launch VR on steam skipping steamVR as it was before the update

3 minutes ago, Foka said:

I think no one mentioned it, and for sure patch notes didn't mention that, but for me a huge change is... TGP! Now TGP renders view in 80 nm!

null

image.png

Oooooooohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!

I like that. 😀

Few things. I have seen an amazing increase in performance.

Seeing folks here report none, to very little. All could be true - but.

What I am not seeing consistently is WHAT environment?

My earlier post, mentioned I was a Pancake. Some posts not clarifying whether Pancake or VR.

Also, I am using a shortcut to the MT bin folder MT launcher . . . are other folks just launching the old standard binary?

I think it would be helpful for folks to list VR/Pancake, Resolution, Basic hardware and core count and an explicit reference to "Yes, I am launching the MT DCS.exe from the MT folder!"

IMHO

• Like 1

Pointy end hurt! Fire burn!!
JTF-191 25th Draggins - Hawg Main. Black Shark 2, A10C, A10CII, F-16, F/A-18, F-86, Mig-15, Mig-19, Mig-21, P-51, F-15, Su-27, Su-33, Mig-29, FW-190 Dora, Anton, BF 109, Mossie, Normandy, Caucasus, NTTR, Persian Gulf, Channel, Syria, Marianas, WWII Assets, CA. (WWII backer picked aircraft ME-262, P-47D).

5 minutes ago, Foka said:

I think no one mentioned it, and for sure patch notes didn't mention that, but for me a huge change is... TGP! Now TGP renders view in 80 nm!

null

image.png

• Cockpit. MFD surface render increased from 80 to 150 km range

In changelog

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, GayCavalier said:

Go into SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\DCSWorld\bin-mt and find DCS.exe..  run that.

If you want to run in VR with MT, then go into the same folder, create a shortcut that runs "SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\DCSWorld\bin-mt\DCS.exe --force_VR --force_OpenXR" otherwise it'll try and run SteamVR

But I want it to run in Steam VR !

• Like 1

I jumped in the F-16 for the first time in a while, in a dogfight IA mission only to notice I had to pull my FSSB R3L almost out of its mounting point to keep up with the Su-27. I checked the realsimulator software, which had the correct settings, so I was puzzled... Only after a while I noticed that some patch added a 35 degree curve to pitch and roll for some reason... Yikes... No wonder I had to pull that hard...

Spoiler

Ryzen 9 5900X | 64GB G.Skill TridentZ 3600 | Gigabyte RX6900XT | ASUS ROG Strix X570-E GAMING | Samsung 990Pro 2TB + 960Pro 1TB NMVe | HP Reverb G2
Pro Flight Trainer Puma | VIRPIL MT-50CM2+3 base / CM2 x2 grip with 200 mm S-curve extension + CM3 throttle + CP2/3 + FSSB R3L + VPC Rotor TCS Plus base with SharKa-50 grip mounted on Monstertech MFC-1 | TPR rudder pedals

OpenXR | PD 1.0 | 100% render resolution | DCS "HIGH" preset

• ED Team
31 minutes ago, Firebird1955 said:

Is anyone else having an issue with getting their VR screen to recenter using the Valve Index and MT?  Using the overlay, my screen will recenter (play area) just fine with the update without MT, but when I start using the MT exe, when DCS Starts, my view is in the middle of the mig with the home screen off to my right.  I cannot recenter the screen using the Valve UI or any other means I have tried.  I do have the extension on the command line, and since the Valve is not supported (to my knowledge) using XR, I am at a loss.  

Make sure you report MT bugs in the dedicated MT bugs topic, it will get lost in here. Thanks

64Sig.png
Forum RulesMy YouTube • My Discord - NineLine#0440• **How to Report a Bug**

1146563203_makefg(6).png.82dab0a01be3a361522f3fff75916ba4.png  80141746_makefg(1).png.6fa028f2fe35222644e87c786da1fabb.png  28661714_makefg(2).png.b3816386a8f83b0cceab6cb43ae2477e.png  389390805_makefg(3).png.bca83a238dd2aaf235ea3ce2873b55bc.png  216757889_makefg(4).png.35cb826069cdae5c1a164a94deaff377.png  1359338181_makefg(5).png.e6135dea01fa097e5d841ee5fb3c2dc5.png

+10 fps or so here when flying over Marianas.

In Module Manager it shows "1" despite I don't have any module pending to install.

EDITED: I suppose it is due to NS430 module which is disabled in MT version.

Edited by splash

12 minutes ago, NineLine said:

Make sure you report MT bugs in the dedicated MT bugs topic, it will get lost in here. Thanks

Would have, but posted in in VR bugs as I dont see an MT bugs topic.  What am I missing

System Specs: System Specs: MSI Tomahawk Z590 wifi, I9 11900K Processor, 64gb Corsair Vengance 3600mhz ram, 3080 Nvidia Video Card, Windows 11 Pro, 2 Samsung NVMe SSD (2tb and 1 tb), Valve Index VR system

For those just flying. The MT improvements are shown mostly in busy missions. 

WW2 missions are a good test. Try bomber attack missions in the 109 campaign from reflected, see how it handles those 72 bomber formations. 

i7 13700k @5.2ghz, GTX 3090, 64Gig ram 4800mhz DDR5, M2 drive.

Early days but no significant increase in performance in terms of fps so far, but I have enabled terrain shadows with no obvious hit in performance. 

That said DCS stats indicate CPU timings of 0.0 improved from 1.1 - 1.9ms. GPU timings remain 13.1 - 13.9ms in SP Mode. 

Also I had to import the new DCS MT .exe shortcut into mygames folder in Pitool to get VR access to DCS in VR vs just via the shortcut. 

Edited by Nuggetz

Ryzen 5950X, MSI  RTX 3080TI, 1 TB SSD, 64GB 3600 MHZ DDR4 RAM, Pimax Crystal and 8KX KDMAS. WINWING F16EX Throttle: FSSB-R3-MKII ULTRA Base/TMWH Joystick: DCS: F16C

1 minute ago, Nuggetz said:

That said DCS stats indicate CPU timings of 0.0 improved from 1.1 - 1.9ms. GPU timings remain 13.1 - 13.9ms in SP Mode. 

In Vr i get - 5ms cpu frametime(improved). GPU timings remain same because are not CPU/MT related.

10 minutes ago, Gunfreak said:

For those just flying. The MT improvements are shown mostly in busy missions. 

WW2 missions are a good test. Try bomber attack missions in the 109 campaign from reflected, see how it handles those 72 bomber formations. 

I'm going to do exactly that when the Steam version patch comes out.

In two-hours.  🤨

Just tried a quick SP free flight in the Harrier on NTTR, without changing any settings I got a bump from 30 fps to 90 fps on my HP Reverb G2 v2. Looks VERY promising.

• Like 1

Aorus Z370 Ultra Gaming WiFi MB | i7-8700k @ 4.9 GHz | EVGA GTX 1070 Ti | 32 GB CORSAIR Vengeance 3000 MHz DDR4 Ram | Corsair H100 Pro Cooler | RaidMax TX 850M PS | Samsung 970 Evo Plus M.2 NVMe SSD |TM Warthog Hotas w/ F/A-18 Hornet grip | Corsair Gamer 570x Crystal Case | Oculus Rift S

DCS | AV8B | F18C | F-16C | A10C | Mig 29 | F15 | SA-342 | Huey | Persian Gulf | NTTR | Combined Arms