Patch notes discussion October 2023 - DCS 2.9

BIGNEWY

Thanks for the hot fix patch today. 

However, I continue to experience a transparent layer in both the Pimax 8KX and Crystal that contain white text in the bottom left corner. The text/layer moves with the headset so it is not possible to centralise to read more clearly. The text refers to auto exposure off and some resolution numbers and I cannot read in whole or clearly. 

It only appears in the in cockpit view once flying or  on the ground. Any other screens at various stages do not have the text. 

I don’t know if it is possible to switch this layer off? Any assistance gratefully received. 

EDIT & Fix:

Mbucchia solved the problem by fixing a registry entry:

Open registry at

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\NVIDIA Corporation\Global\NGXCore

Set the key ShowDlssIndicator to 0

SOLVED  

Edited by Nuggetz

Ryzen 5950X, MSI  RTX 3080TI, 1 TB SSD, 64GB 3600 MHZ DDR4 RAM, Pimax Crystal and 8KX KDMAS. WINWING F16EX Throttle: FSSB-R3-MKII ULTRA Base/TMWH Joystick: DCS: F16C

The S-3 tanker is here!

Digital Combat Simulator 10_26_2023 11_29_41 AM.png

Digital Combat Simulator 10_26_2023 11_30_23 AM.png

• Like 10

Aircraft: F-14A/B, F/A-18C, F-16C, F-5E, FC3, AV-8B, Mirage 2000C, L-39, Huey, F-86, P-51, P-47, Spitfire, Mosquito, Supercarrier

Maps: Persian Gulf, Syria, NTTR, Marianas, Normandy 2, Channel

Upcoming Modules Wishlist: A-7E, A-6E, F-4, F-8J, MiG-17F, A-1H, F-100D, Kola Peninsula

WOW! WOW WOW!

I honestly don't care if anything else was fixed... but I am thrilled to no longer have to sit with my headset on my face taking micro-naps waiting 2-3 minutes for a mission to load, and praying it doesn't CTD.

Whoever fixed that, has my nomination for ED employee of the month.

Posted elswhere:

I'm happy to report the freezing after selecting a flight (which before for could take MINUTES) has been fixed... for me.

I just did a few test: And the first airframe/terrain load took a little bit (expected). Was like I recall in days passed if you cleared shaders, you'd have to let them rebuild for each aircraft and terrain.

Once that was done, I can now start a flight in seconds, quit, choose another click Ok, and it's actually single digit seconds when the cockpit/briefing screen appears. Switch to another aircraft... same initial wait like first shader like, then quit/switched a few different missions... seconds.

Even after switching BACK to another aircraft/terrain... seconds to the briefing screen/cockpit.

SSS weirdness is fixed... though I still see little use for it. The smearing (F3 flyby) is still there but, that may just be a product of DLSS.

Is it just me or, did they add cockpit shudder when firing cannon? Noticed it in F-16 and A-10II C.

Edited by Sr.

Ryzen 7 5800X3D | 64GB DDR4 3600| MSI RTX 4080 16GB Ventus 3X OC  | Samsung 970 Evo 2TB NVME | HP Reverb G2 | DIY Head Tracker Cap | Logitech X-56 throttle | VKB NXT Premium |  Win 11

"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic."

--Arthur C Clark

Hi Guys,

I noticed a lot of jerks in VR, in the mission editor when changing the tanker to micro pauses and it was jerking. The same Thing happens to me on ramp and an SR-71 doing the taxi also makes micro jerks. I still see it better in MSAA 4x than in DLSS, only if Icloser to the objects does it look perfect. This patch has made it worse for me and when I put the SSSon it gets worse.

• ED Team
1 minute ago, Icarus31 said:

Seems that the HMCS is not displayed, after the last patch in the F16.

when trying to align the hmcs nothing shows... yes i turned the wheel. yes i tried the dms down.
and by instinct i did an alignment.

Yes seems a bug I have reported. 

With gear down the HMD is disabled. 

• Like 1

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

• ED Team
1 minute ago, dutchili said:

+1 JHMCS broken (in VR) in the F-16.

#testingUsedToComeBeforeRelease

Lets keep it constructive here please. As mentioned it is reported. 

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

25 minutes ago, dutchili said:

LOD < 1 causes texture issue
(compare closest and furthest vehicle. Front plate is black on the furthest)

What do you see that i don't see?

• Like 3

Win11 Pro 64-bit, Ryzen 5800X3D, Corsair H115i, Gigabyte X570S UD, EVGA 3080Ti XC3 Ultra 12GB, 64 GB DDR4 G.Skill 3600. Monitors: LG 27GL850-B27 2560x1440 + Samsung SyncMaster 2443 1920x1200, HOTAS: Warthog with Virpil WarBRD base, MFG Crosswind combat pedals, TrackIR4, Rift-S.

Personal Wish List: A6 Intruder, Vietnam theater, decent ATC module, better VR performance!

1 hour ago, Sepp666 said:

Sometimes Software development looks that complex to me: It feels like as if you change the tires of your car and because of that the Bluetooth connection of the radio to your cell phone doesn't work anymore... 🤷🏻‍♂️🥴🤔

:megalol:  On top of that it seems like the bug carousel still keeps rotating and bringing back 'fixed' issues... on occasions.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, dutchili said:

This seems off...

Screen_231026_204003.jpg

So?

This is a community mod you are showing...

They sometimes get broken after an official DCS update. It ain't ED's responsibility to fix unofficial mods. You can also choose to just not use mods.

• Like 7

System specs:

i7-8700K @stock speed - GTX 1080TI @ stock speed - AsRock Extreme4 Z370 - 32GB DDR4 @3GHz- 500GB SSD - 2TB nvme - 650W PSU

HP Reverb G1 v2 - Saitek Pro pedals - TM Warthog HOTAS - TM F/A-18 Grip - TM Cougar HOTAS (NN-Dan mod) & (throttle standalone mod) - VIRPIL VPC Rotor TCS Plus with ALPHA-L grip - Pointctrl & aux banks <-- must have for VR users!! - Andre's SimShaker Jetpad - Fully adjustable DIY playseat - VA+VAICOM

~ That nuke might not have been the best of ideas, Sir... the enemy is furious ~ GUMMBAH

Unfortunately patch did not solve my issue of stuttering 🙄

Basic info to clarify:

i7-6920HQ CPU @2.90GHz 2.90 GHz, 16GB RAM, Quadro P5000M (like GTX1080),

Disk Space 2x500GB, currently free 50GB and 150 GB on disk with DCS

pagefile set to 32768 as desired for DCS

CPU overclock/turbo boost/hyperthread/c states/speedstep - all disabled in BIOS, either switchable motherboard graphics.

CPU cores unparked - during gameplay in DCS all 4 cores nearly/fully loaded

Unlimited Power plan for windows

Nvidia Control Panel settings adjusted for DCS, different settings gave no impact or even get things worse

DCS 2.5-2.8 at medium settings gave me about 45FPS as a stable value at FullHD resolution.

DCS 2.9 after first patch is likely to give even 60FPS on medium settings, but few times a minute I have got huge stuttering, image freeze for 1- 3 seconds.

I have tried to isolate the source - no success. I tried LOW/OFF settings with lowest possible resoution. Stuttering still exist. Some users show graphs or movies of DCS Frame time with FPS, it looks the same in my case, ST and MT version. No background programs.

Does first 2.9 patch solve the stuttering for others ?

• ED Team

please if you are seeing issues it is best to create a new thread in the relevant bugs section with a track replay, logs and dxdiag if performance related. 

https://forum.dcs.world/forum/483-game-performance-bugs/

posting here in this thread the issue will only be lost in the chatter. 

Thank you

Yesssss Petro gets a fix . Thank you. Hind here I come . 

Gigabyte - X570 UD ~ Ryzen - 5600X @ 4.7 - Pulse - RX-6800 -  XPG 32:GB @ 3200 - VKB - Gunfighter 4 - STECs - Throttle - Crosswinds Rudders - Trackir 5 .

I'm a dot . Pico Nero 3 link VR . @ 4k

Win 11 Pro 64Bit .

17 hours ago, sirrah said:

So?

This is a community mod you are showing...

They sometimes get broken after an official DCS update. It ain't ED's responsibility to fix unofficial mods. You can also choose to just not use mods.

Although you're right about the mods of course, I've noticed some guys reporting the same magic framebox showing up on default C-17, Il-76 and C-130. The mod on the screenshot is probably based on one of these.

I recall someone already created a thread about it, though (can't find it now with this new forum layout, I hope mods can 😉 ).

i7 9700K @ stock speed, single GTX1070, 32 gigs of RAM, TH Warthog, MFG Crosswind, Win10.

I know its a known bug that the salute command does not work, but what do I need to do as a work around? I have afterburner detent to always off in special options but I still cant issue the salute command to get launched from the carrier? I dont get what else I need to do to not use the afterburner detent