DCS World 2.0 and New Maps Discussion Thread

Wags

• Replies 7.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Apparently people didn't like what they saw.

ahhh come on.....

really?!:doh:

Do you think that getting 9 women pregnant will get you a baby in 1 month?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Mobo: Asus P8P67 deluxe Monitor: Lg 22'' 1920*1080

CPU: i7 2600k@ 4.8Ghz +Zalman CNPS9900 max

Keyboard: Logitech G15

GPU:GTX 980 Strix Mouse: Sidewinder X8

PSU: Corsair TX750w Gaming Devices: Saytek X52, TrackIr5

RAM: Mushkin 2x4gb ddr3 9-9-9-24 @1600mhz

Case: 690 SSD: Intel X25m 80gb

Apparently people didn't like what they saw.

I think those screens were moved to another thread. I read it some where in this thread.

Win10, Intel 3rd Gen. Core i7 3.8Ghz, 20GB ram, Nvidia Geforce 1060 6GB Opentrack (Download it from HERE), PS3 Eye, Saitek x52-pro Joystick,

DIY Rudder Pedals,

Google Cardboard with DCS World

English is not my native language

I think those screens were moved to another thread. I read it some where in this thread.

Yes, they are in this very thread. But they are no longer featured prominently on the official news section.

Good, fast, cheap. Choose any two.

Come let's eat grandpa!

Use punctuation, save lives!

Wow if people`s dumb #$@# complains got them removing the screen from the newsletter then i would hate to imaging they take it serious enough to delay EDGE

PEOPLE MUST UNDERSTAND - SHUT UP UNTIL EDGE ARRIVES THEN COMPLAIN ALL YOU WANT ONCE WE HAVE IT!

(sry for caps i`m really upset how dense some folks are)

IAF.Tomer

My Rig:

Core i7 6700K + Corsair Hydro H100i GTX

Gigabyte Z170X Gaming 7,G.Skill 32GB DDR4 3000Mhz

Gigabyte GTX 980 OC

Samsung 840EVO 250GB + 3xCrucial 275GB in RAID 0 (1500 MB/s)

Asus MG279Q | TM Warthog + Saitek Combat Pedals + TrackIR 5

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Wow if people`s dumb #$@# complains got them removing the screen from the newsletter then i would hate to imaging they take it serious enough to delay EDGE

PEOPLE MUST UNDERSTAND - SHUT UP UNTIL EDGE ARRIVES THEN COMPLAIN ALL YOU WANT ONCE WE HAVE IT!

(sry for caps i`m really upset how dense some folks are)

Well i think you don't need to be upset. Every one has the rights to express his/her opinion.

Win10, Intel 3rd Gen. Core i7 3.8Ghz, 20GB ram, Nvidia Geforce 1060 6GB Opentrack (Download it from HERE), PS3 Eye, Saitek x52-pro Joystick,

DIY Rudder Pedals,

Google Cardboard with DCS World

English is not my native language

HAVE an opinion - yes. POST that opinion here NOT before EDGE is released... as it delays the "bad, insufficient, subpar" new graphics engine until DirectX 14 release in 2020! All this negative crap pushes ED to postpone the Beta longer, to do it "right", don't you get that?

Shagrat

- Flying Sims since 1984 -:pilotfly:

Win 10 | i5 10600K@4.1GHz | 64GB | GeForce RTX 3090 - Asus VG34VQL1B  | TrackIR5 | Simshaker & Jetseat | VPForce Rhino Base & VIRPIL T50 CM2 Stick on 200mm curved extension | VIRPIL T50 CM2 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Plus/Apache64 Grip | MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals | WW Top Gun MIP | a hand made AHCP | 2x Elgato StreamDeck (Buttons galore)

Yes, they are in this very thread. But they are no longer featured prominently on the official news section.

Really, that is really the official standing on the matter? Because of maybe two or three naysayers (who are basing their case on static screenshots that feature depth of field of all things) they have removed those pics? Wow. Im kind of shocked. The people at ED should be more proud of their work.

Current specs: Windows 10 Home 64bit, i5-9600K @ 3.7 Ghz, 32GB DDR4 RAM, 1TB Samsung EVO 860 M.2 SSD, GAINWARD RTX2060 6GB, Oculus Rift S, MS FFB2 Sidewinder + Warthog Throttle Quadrant, Saitek Pro rudder pedals.

HAVE an opinion - yes. POST that opinion here NOT before EDGE is released... as it delays the "bad, insufficient, subpar" new graphics engine until DirectX 14 release in 2020! All this negative crap pushes ED to postpone the Beta longer, to do it "right", don't you get that?

I 2nd that Thomas, I can't believe how these forums attract doom mongers and nay sayers. I am just grateful I have some good aircraft to fly and a large map to fly them in.:doh:

i5 8600k@5.2Ghz, Asus Prime A Z370, 32Gb DDR4 3000, GTX1080 SC, Oculus Rift CV1, Modded TM Warthog Modded X52 Collective, Jetseat, W10 Pro 64

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Three group of people: ED, bad guys, other guys.

ED is not happy => No one is happy

Bad guys are not happy => Negative comments incoming! => ED is not happy => No one is happy

Bad guys are happy => ... Wait, when did that ever happen? => ... => No one is happy

Apparently the majority 'other guys' simply do not play a role. Not at all. What did they do to deserve that?

I feel like becoming a bad guy, if I am not one already.

Edited by blackbelter

I haven´t followed this thread very closely, so it seems I missed the part of the discussion that led to it first being exiled and then modified. On the other hand I have seen this kind of discussion/tantrum going down more than once before. What I would like to say is:

No matter how long you work on something, there is always going to be someone who will dislike it and will not hesitate to express his thoughts. There will always be a certain percentage of posts like this, and while they are not very nice and often based on incomplete information, they should not have such a strong effect.

I would find it very sad if in the end such developments affect developers themselves to the point where they hold back content just because they, understandably, want to avoid those unnecessary confrontations.

@HiJack: true...

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Deedle, deedle!

Well said HiJack and upupandaway. This is the internet we are talking about after all. The internet and people. People will always, always find something to complain about whether its justified or not and this is especially true on the internet for obvious reasons.

Current specs: Windows 10 Home 64bit, i5-9600K @ 3.7 Ghz, 32GB DDR4 RAM, 1TB Samsung EVO 860 M.2 SSD, GAINWARD RTX2060 6GB, Oculus Rift S, MS FFB2 Sidewinder + Warthog Throttle Quadrant, Saitek Pro rudder pedals.

Yeah, I wish ED would just drop this military-like strictness. Why not just ignore them for the sake of those that have been here for ages, and those who invest time and money, and are asking very little in return. Take a look around and notice how we're easily appeased. :D

ED have been taking my money since 1995. :P

Why not just ignore them for the sake of those that have been here for ages, and those who invest time and money, and are asking very little in return.

No matter how long you work on something, there is always going to be someone who will dislike it and will not hesitate to express his thoughts. There will always be a certain percentage of posts like this, and while they are not very nice and often based on incomplete information, they should not have such a strong effect.

This is mind puzzling and if I may say a bit funny all in all.

You guys are all over it!!

Also to add, this is a first for me where it seems the very small minority of nay-sayers opinions outweigh the majority who sincerely see the work looking great! Is ED catering to this group in the customer base?? :unsure:

Intel i5-9600K @ 3.7GHz

Gigabyte Z370XP SLI Mobo

G.SKILL Ripjaws V Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) 288-Pin DDR4

GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 2070 8GB 256-Bit GDDR6(Assume the latest driver version)

Thermaltake Water 3.0 Certified Liquid Cooling System

Windows 10 Professional

Oculus Rift-S /TrackIR 5 in case VR dies

Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog w/ Thrustmaster T-Flight Rudder Pedals

One problem is that all this negative "doesn't look good" is what newcomers or visitors to this forum find prominently placated. Directly when searching for screenshots, or EDGE.

Imagine you look for a new car and go to the website of the brand you are interested in, and all people say is "bad interior, too slow, etc."

It wouldn't matter if others or engineers correct all that and explain it... I guess.

So when you want to release a new product you keep an interest in public opinion and want no negative feedback.

If you may get bad publicity, as it may not be "perfect" you may want to fix everything, first.

Just to add, all DCS stuff I bought in BETA state until today was superior to any release of the ususal major publisher's products... yet, some people always complained and pointed out the "unfinished stuff" or bugs and needed to be told what a beta is..

Shagrat

- Flying Sims since 1984 -:pilotfly:

Win 10 | i5 10600K@4.1GHz | 64GB | GeForce RTX 3090 - Asus VG34VQL1B  | TrackIR5 | Simshaker & Jetseat | VPForce Rhino Base & VIRPIL T50 CM2 Stick on 200mm curved extension | VIRPIL T50 CM2 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Plus/Apache64 Grip | MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals | WW Top Gun MIP | a hand made AHCP | 2x Elgato StreamDeck (Buttons galore)

On the other hand, why do "we" feel always the urge to correct those who criticize something? This only leads to endless back and forth, threads that derail and keep revolving around and around one single point.

Wouldn't it be easier to just acknowledge the different opinion of those and take it as what it is: one opinion amongst many? If there are 100 postings like "Cool", "Great", "Nice!", etc. and 3 or 4 saying "Meh..." ... then everyone got their ego stroked and voiced their opinion without drifting into endless lamenting, making the negative aspects look way larger than they defacto are.

• ED Team

Sorta drifting off topic, but I see it as this, and I will first say that I dont agree with removing the pictures (honestly I dont know why they were, I can guess though), because I believe its a small minority that posts before thinking, and by that I mean not simple criticism, ED has always welcomed constructive comments, but some of the things I saw were "terrible" or "awful", it really doesnt make any sense what so ever right now. ED/Wags is giving us a peek inside on early development, we should understand that and realize that things will only get better from there. If it were final, well we would be downloading it by now.

Its also a product of the internet, there is no real consequence to saying something rude on a forum, aside from the post getting deleted or some warning points, of course nothing is gonna fix this either, people have a certain degree of internet courage to say the first thing that pops in their heads.

So a sort of round about answer to Flagrum's comments... when comments are slightly aggressive and negative, yes a certain number of people feel the need to comment, its life on a forum. I am one of those, and in my position I see a more personal side of that, how passionate these devs are, and how proud they are of their work. Just put yourself in their shoes once, I am not saying we have to kiss their butts, but its the whole treat others like you would like to be treated... now before I get too mushy, I will conclude this touchy feely post :D

64Sig.png
Forum RulesMy YouTube • My Discord - NineLine#0440• **How to Report a Bug**

1146563203_makefg(6).png.82dab0a01be3a361522f3fff75916ba4.png  80141746_makefg(1).png.6fa028f2fe35222644e87c786da1fabb.png  28661714_makefg(2).png.b3816386a8f83b0cceab6cb43ae2477e.png  389390805_makefg(3).png.bca83a238dd2aaf235ea3ce2873b55bc.png  216757889_makefg(4).png.35cb826069cdae5c1a164a94deaff377.png  1359338181_makefg(5).png.e6135dea01fa097e5d841ee5fb3c2dc5.png

On the other hand, why do "we" feel always the urge to correct those who criticize something? This only leads to endless back and forth, threads that derail and keep revolving around and around one single point.
It's one thing to critique and quite another to use phrases like "it looks awful" or "it looks terrible". Especially when it does not look awful or terrible. I like the way NTTR is looking (won't go so far as to say I'm gaga over them) and I'm going to have a hell of a fun time shooting through those canyons or cruising 20 ft over those sand dunes.:thumbup:

EDIT: sniped by Sith. I hate when he does that.:D

Edited by kontiuka

I agree with the don't say dumb things and be constructive. Constructive criticism is the best tool in the tool box to getting the low down on exactly what is and what is not working. Or in this case maybe tweaks to an graphics engine or physics changes here and their. No one should fear that one should embrace it and perform better and blow people's expectations out of the water next time

Those in military are very well versed in this.

Anyways to get back on topic those two picks posted from Facebook look epic! Love the depth of field interested to see how it will work in 3d and or the rift.

I7 4770k @ 4.6, sli 980 evga oc edition, ssdx2, Sony 55 inch edid hack nvidia 3dvision. Volair sim pit, DK2 Oculus Rift.