Caucasus Texture DLC by Starway - Donation page is online

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

how do you migrate the smoke effects from mustangs to starways?

If you use JSGME or OvGME (doesn't really matter) just copy Bazar\ParticleEffects from Mustangs mod into your Starways mod folder. Do not forget to first disable the mod, add the folder with the contents and then enable the mod again. That's it.

If you need more assistance, feel free to contact me using private messages.

Failure is the mother of all success.

• 2 weeks later...
I can't fly most mulit-player servers because I get 'not pure' in multi-player caused from your shadows.lua file. I really like the shadows affect and don't want to go back to the DCS stock file.

What can I do?

Shadows.lua don't pass intergrity check. The only solution is to remove it.

Fitness just copy the shadows file from your DCS install to the appropriate place in the mod file.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Primary Computer

ASUS Z390-P, i7-9700K CPU @ 5.0Ghz, 32GB Patriot Viper Steel DDR4 @ 3200Mhz, ZOTAC GeForce 1070 Ti AMP Extreme, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 NVMe drives (1Tb & 500 Gb), Windows 10 Professional, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Thrustmaster Warthog Stick, Thrustmaster Cougar Throttle, Cougar MFDs x3, Saitek Combat Rudder Pedals and TrackIR 5.

-={TAC}=-DCS Server

Gigabyte GA-Z68XP-UD3, i7-3770K CPU @ 3.90GHz, 32GB G.SKILL Ripjaws DDR3 @ 1600Mhz, ZOTAC GeForce® GTX 970.

Fitness just copy the shadows file from your DCS install to the appropriate place in the mod file.

Yes I can do that but as mentioned I really like the affect the mod shadows provided. I thought I could edit a line or two if it was a small matter.

But I guess I have no choice if it's the entire file.

Edit: I can't seem to see the difference so I'll stay with the DCS file.

Edited by fitness88

• 1 month later...

as I suggested before, texture files should not be packed into zip, but instead, they should be saved in a folder with same name of the zip file. Then the dds files in folder can override those in the zip file.

Pros: does not break the IC

Cons: doubled space usage

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

My DCS Mods, Skins, Utilities and Scripts

| Windows 10 | i7-4790K | GTX 980Ti Hybrid | 32GB RAM | 3TB SSD |

| TM Warthog Stick | CH Pro Throttle + Pro Pedal | TIR5 Pro | TM MFD Cougar | Gun Camera: PrtScn |

i think terrain mods failing IC is an intended function, as some terrain texture mods make it easier to spot targets etc.

Windows 10 Pro, Ryzen 2700X @ 4.6Ghz, 32GB DDR4-3200 GSkill (F4-3200C16D-16GTZR x2),

ASRock X470 Taichi Ultimate, XFX RX6800XT Merc 310 (RX-68XTALFD9)

3x ASUS VS248HP + Oculus HMD, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS + MFDs

i think terrain mods failing IC is an intended function, as some terrain texture mods make it easier to spot targets etc.

Where have you seen this? Which mod package?

BTW info about blocking terrain mods needs to be added to the 1.5.7 changelog, it is a big deal.

as I suggested before, texture files should not be packed into zip, but instead, they should be saved in a folder with same name of the zip file. Then the dds files in folder can override those in the zip file.

Pros: does not break the IC

Cons: doubled space usage

Hmm i'll give this a go once 1.5.7 comes to release version, fingers crossed :) (just hope ED doesn't figure out a way to block this too)

I think there protecting all the models and files across the board including terrain, Shame because any texture mod is better than vanilla, I hope theres a 2.5 release with all new textures very soon.

We won't need any mods for the New Caucasus map, last time i took it out for a spin it looked amazing, kinda feel bummed being dropped from testing team i miss it already.

Edited by Mustang

Hmm i'll give this a go once 1.5.7 comes to release version, fingers crossed :) (just hope ED doesn't figure out a way to block this too)

if IC also monitors those config lua files for terrain, then this does not help (but at least, repair will not touch those huge texture files). I cannot figure out how to move those terrain config, view config to autoexec.cfg.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

| TM Warthog Stick | CH Pro Throttle + Pro Pedal | TIR5 Pro | TM MFD Cougar | Gun Camera: PrtScn |

just read this

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=183175&page=6

if this is true, then the IC not only checks modification of original files, but also new files in those folders ... then no solution :(

will test tonight

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

We won't need any mods for the New Caucasus map, last time i took it out for a spin it looked amazing, kinda feel bummed being dropped from testing team i miss it already.

Yea i have no doubt 2.5 looks good, Then sometimes you do have to see it from a business side, By having it protected in some ways.

Where have you seen this? Which mod package?

BTW info about blocking terrain mods needs to be added to the 1.5.7 changelog, it is a big deal.

I can confirm this, downloaded this terrain mod and installed it. Then had to promptly uninstall it because it made me fail check.

Which is a good thing for VR users I'd say. It's not the reason why I have texture mods installed, but I'll take anything that helps.

Spoiler

Ryzen 9 5900X | 64GB G.Skill TridentZ 3600 | Gigabyte RX6900XT | ASUS ROG Strix X570-E GAMING | Samsung 990Pro 2TB + 960Pro 1TB NMVe | HP Reverb G2
Pro Flight Trainer Puma | VIRPIL MT-50CM2+3 base / CM2 x2 grip with 200 mm S-curve extension + CM3 throttle + CP2/3 + FSSB R3L + VPC Rotor TCS Plus base with SharKa-50 grip mounted on Monstertech MFC-1 | TPR rudder pedals

OpenXR | PD 1.0 | 100% render resolution | DCS "HIGH" preset

That kinda sucks for the A-10C TGP folks... without terrain mods it is REALLY difficult to locate ground targets at times. Hopefully a TGP FLIR fix comes out soon.

5900X - 32 GB 3600 RAM - 1080TI

My Twitch Channel

~Moo

I have found that some of these mods are in fact a lot worse due to excessive noise, in some cases double that of the default textures.. I have seen noise levels at 1.0 in some mods whereas default is 0.5 or 0.6 I think? Values at 1.0 make the tgp useless for me.. once edited down it's more manageable but still nowhere near what it should be.. hope the tgp is fixed soon too.

i5-7600K @ 4.8 | 32GB | 1080 | Rift S | TM MFD & WH HOTAS-10mm ext + TFRP

Yeah Starways is really bad for TGP spotting and yet worth it.

@uBoats: you mean the GSGME textures as e.g. folders called "LandTextures.zip" and then the content replaces the zip files?

even if that works, what about all the files that go into "config"?

4790K@4,6Ghz | EVGA Z97 Classified | 32GB @ 2400Mhz | Titan X hydro copper| SSD 850 PRO

Moments in DCS:

--> https://www.youtube.com/user/weltensegLA

-->

WELD's cockpit: --> http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=92274

• 1 month later...

Issues with Mirrors and TGP with Starway Mod

I've used Starway DCS mod for a long time. Quit playing DCS for awhile and just came back. I removed all mods activated by JSGME. Updated DCS to the newest version. Performed the JSGME file backup. Downloaded the newest version of the Starway DCS mod via Starway's website. Activated the mod via JSGME. Everything works perfectly except that I no longer get a picture in the Targeting Pod or the rear view mirrors.

Anybody have this issue? I can do without the rear view mirrors, but in the A-10C I have to disable Starway's mod in order to fly it as the TGP is essential. Sucks going back to the original textures after using this mod for so long.

Edited by dadunn1700