Currently Known Release Issues

RagnarDa

• ED Team

Yeah, but would it not be possible to release both stable 1.5.5 with Viggen (which, by Cobra's words worked just fine) and 1.5.6 as open beta with Viggen and all the other updates? I don't know, I said I know nothing about the logistics of said things, so maybe it would just cause more headache for ED to maintain two branches both being updated at the same time (each with different content), so I will probably just shut up and leave as it is.

We have been using 3 public branches for a while now, sometimes the beta and release have updated at the same time, and other times not. This time it is going into beta first, they have most likely decided to do this to check no major issues are pushed into the release version.

In my opinion it is the best way of doing it and I hope we continue this way.

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thank you guys for the info. :thumbup:

New system:I9-9900KS, Kingston 128 GB DDR4 3200Mhz, MSI RTX 4090, Corsair H150 Pro RGB, 2xSamsung 970 EVO 2Tb, 2xsamsung 970 EVO 1 TB, Scandisk m2 500 MB, 2 x Crucial 1 Tb, T16000M HOTAS, HP Reverb Professional 2, Corsair 750 Watt.

Old system:I7-4770K(OC 4.5Ghz), Kingston 24 GB DDR3 1600 Mhz,MSI RTX 2080(OC 2070 Mhz), 2 * 500 GB SSD, 3,5 TB HDD, 55' Samsung 3d tv, Trackir 5, Logitech HD Cam, T16000M HOTAS. All DCS modules, maps and campaigns:pilotfly:

Yes, I know, but then it is probably 1.5.5.something with everything just like the previous 1.5.5 plus the new module, as opposed to 1.5.6 with the new module and a lot of new stuff including some new graphics that mess up cockpit shadowing.

That could certainly be argued to be a more sensible release policy, but it wouldn't be a proper ED patch release if it didn't introduce new bugs, now would it?

We have been using 3 public branches for a while now, sometimes the beta and release have updated at the same time, and other times not. This time it is going into beta first, they have most likely decided to do this to check no major issues are pushed into the release version.

In my opinion it is the best way of doing it and I hope we continue this way.

On that account i fully agree. I only find it unfortunate that this beautiful module will be released with an issue, out of control of its developer, which will impair its visual quality. But guess I will have to put up with it. Hopefully, it will get fixed soon!

Off to work now, Rotorhead out!

Thanks for the heads-up. It's really appreciated :thumbup:

It is an early access release so issues and missing features are normal and to be expected. Especially that Viggen seems to be a really complex module. Knowing which things are not working will save us a fus to have figure it out our selvs.

F/A-18, F-16, F-14, M-2000C, A-10C, AV-8B, AJS-37 Viggen, F-5E-3, F-86F, MiG-21bis, MiG-15bis, L-39 Albatros, C-101 Aviojet, P-51D, Spitfire LF Mk. IX, Bf 109 4-K, UH-1H, Mi-8, Ka-50, NTTR, Normandy, Persian Gulf... and not enough time to fully enjoy it all

Thanks for being proactive, can't wait to hop in the cockpit!

McDan out

|AMD 7800x3D | 64GB DDR5-3600| GTX 4090 | Virpil Stick, Collectiv, WW MIP, WW Throttle, MFG Crosswind V2 | Windows 11 64-bit | SSD Samsung | 4K LG Oled 48 | Oculus Q3 | Simlab based Cockpit

I have a Man cold atm you want me to cough on you?

Its bound to get you home from work though as it is a Man Cold the chances of survival are 50/50 at best.

I appreciate your sacrifice, but it turns out i have i new intern coming this afternoon so... Crap.

Btw, there is actual research supporting what we men always have stated. We actually get sicker than women...

Also, giving birth isnt even an illness. So what are they whining about? :-P

Yes, I know, but then it is probably 1.5.5.something with everything just like the previous 1.5.5 plus the new module, as opposed to 1.5.6 with the new module and a lot of new stuff including some new graphics that mess up cockpit shadowing.

Yeah, but would it not be possible to release both stable 1.5.5 with Viggen (which, by Cobra's words worked just fine) and 1.5.6 as open beta with Viggen and all the other updates? I don't know, I said I know nothing about the logistics of said things, so maybe it would just cause more headache for ED to maintain two branches both being updated at the same time (each with different content), so I will probably just shut up and leave as it is.

To end on a positive note, I just got a call that if everything goes right, maybe, just maybe, I won't have to work today (gotta love my company's project planning, the situation changes each minute there - just like a real battlefield :)), so if I am lucky, I could be flying the Viggen next morning!

Unfortunately, the DCS patch schedule is not up to us. But don't worry about the shadow bug, the cockpit still looks awesome! :pilotfly:

/Daniel

Heatblur Simulations

NOE is almost orgasmic! Unfortunately, one of my close calls with a mountain side... well, somebody peed in the cockpit!:doh:

I know there will be bugs. I don't care. I'm flying this lightning bolt now!

One question: I read somewhere the landing speed is 220 kph. I get it down to 300 kph with wheels down (and the canard down on its own) and still get up close and personal with a stall. Is there a landing mode I don't know of?

That thrust reverser! OMG, that is so awesome!

Trim buttons seem either non-functional or extremely weak. (Mapped to my TM HOTAS stick.)

And the FPS readout (upper left) is in red. Is that new?

I flew a great (for me) landing (Sochi RWY 06) and saved the track. Replaying the track had me landing about a mile west of the runway and thus crashing. DCS 1.5 bug?

Finally, guys: thank you so much for this (what's another word for awesome?) aircraft.

The Hornet is best at killing things on the ground. Now, if we could just get a GAU-8 in the nose next to the AN/APG-65, a titanium tub around the pilot, and a couple of J-58 engines in the tail...

Mac, I'm having the same issues with the trim on my TM Hotas. If you enable the control surfaces view (right control + enter?) it shows the trim working, but somehow it doesn't always seem to affect the plane. Not sure if this is a bug or expected behavior.

> Edit: up / down trim seems to be ok, but left / right doesn't do much.

Seems like 1.5.6 has done a number on the AJS-37 I wonder if that is going to happen with future patches?

You do what you can for as long as you can, and when you finally can't, you do the next best thing. You back up but you don't give up. — Chuck Yeager

One question: I read somewhere the landing speed is 220 kph. I get it down to 300 kph with wheels down (and the canard down on its own) and still get up close and personal with a stall. Is there a landing mode I don't know of?

Actual speed at touchdown can be anywhere between 215 and 330 km/h depending on aircraft weight, chosen angle of attack, and location of the aircraft center of mass. 215-220km/h is possible but only with an extremely light aircraft and at 15.5° alpha.

My advice is to just completely disregard the airspeed indicator once you're established on final. Fly to maintain alpha and touchdown point and the airspeed will get to where it should be on its own.

e: if you really want to know the details, refer to this diagram:

9TewYBw.png

IAS on the vertical axis, aircraft weight in tons on the horizontal axis. The labels on the right saying "Xtp = 12200 mm" and so on refer to how far from the origin of the aircraft coordinate system the CoM is, on the longitudinal axis. There is a diagram for determining that with various loadouts as well, but well, are you really that interested?

Edited by renhanxue

Also, the aircraft will begin buffeting well above 1G stall speed. If you get dangerously slow there is an audible warning (dynamic depending on aircraft weight thanks to the CK 37)

DCS modules are built up to a spec, not down to a schedule.

In order to utilize a system to your advantage, you must know how it works.

Hi

well first of all, to be honest your job on this plane is awesome and it became one of favorites in first hours.

But the problem is, although it might seem some sort of unusual or even some sort of stupid, as I can't always carry my joystick every where taking my laptops, sometimes I'm forced to fly this beast with keyboard, so the keyboard control test was one the tests I had done, but the problem is, I couldn't move the stick even 1cm backwards with keyboard and after all controls reaction to key commands was weird , and to be honest, comparing to stick reaction to keyboard commands in m2000c and mig21 it was really annoying and it makes the plane almost uncontrollable. that might seem unrealistic but you can't always have your stick on your side, and on the other hand in our flight sim community in our country there is a huge number of simmers who don't have even the simplest stick ( and no that's not the problem with the money in most of the cases, as long as a Viggen module almost costs as the same as a Logitech 3d pro here)

thank you

I.S.G | DUKE

Hi

well first of all, to be honest your job on this plane is awesome and it became one of favorites in first hours.

But the problem is, although it might seem some sort of unusual or even some sort of stupid, as I can't always carry my joystick every where taking my laptops, sometimes I'm forced to fly this beast with keyboard, so the keyboard control test was one the tests I had done, but the problem is, I couldn't move the stick even 1cm backwards with keyboard and after all controls reaction to key commands was weird , and to be honest, comparing to stick reaction to keyboard commands in m2000c and mig21 it was really annoying and it makes the plane almost uncontrollable. that might seem unrealistic but you can't always have your stick on your side, and on the other hand in our flight sim community in our country there is a huge number of simmers who don't have even the simplest stick ( and no that's not the problem with the money in most of the cases, as long as a Viggen module almost costs as the same as a Logitech 3d pro here)

thank you

I.S.G | DUKE

Hey!

No worries-- this is something that we have on our list. :)

We'll make sure they work well.

Nick

Nicholas Dackard

Founder & Lead Artist

Heatblur Simulations

https://www.facebook.com/heatblur/

I missed an english cockpit option and an updated flight manual ...

... however, the use of a female instructor on the training missions is BRILLIANT :) .... kudos for that, was a really nice surprise, it reminded me of the female voice of the Avast Antivirus :D

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

rudder bug

Hi!

- There is currently an issue with twist stick rudder controls. Moving the rudder-control (twisting the stick) seems to be working in a relative way instead of a absolute so when you twist it one way you have to twist it the other way to cancel out your command. This issue does not affect all twist joysticks-- and we're trying very hard to find the underlying cause. This is a priority fix for us.

As a temporary workaround if your stick is affected, you can use keyboard commands for the rudder.

Hi!

I am also affected by this, having a secong generation X45 here with MadCatz profile editor SW7.0.27.13 driver 6.0.4.1.

Phenomenon is that the yaw axis is working like its a button. Until I press it it steers the rudder (and it does not even recenters) but the wheel is affected very weakly, if at all. The strange part is that if I don't use the axis ever, the buttons work, but sometimes also got bugged. Don't know if this helps or not...

Got through the basics in training section, very uniqe aircraft, thanks for building it ;)

[sIGPIC]http://www.forum.lockon.ru/signaturepics/sigpic5279_1.gif[/sIGPIC]

I could shot down a Kitchen :smartass: