What comes after the Hornet?

Guest Guest

• Replies 175
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

look at the description from the new DCS trailer!

I think that could be the hint for the next big "ED-thing" coming after the F-18.

[ATTACH]182089[/ATTACH]

Mr. Matt Wagner, was that a hint?! :D

ED, please make the viper come true!

Good catch :) That makes me very happy !!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Matt has been saying for at least a couple months on the subject of AH-64 and Viper that it's not a question of if but when...

Nvidia RTX3080 (HP Reverb), AMD 3800x

Asus Prime X570P, 64GB G-Skill RipJaw 3600

Saitek X-65F and Fanatec Club-Sport Pedals (Using VJoy and Gremlin to remap Throttle and Clutch into a Rudder axis)

Looks like it's confirmed, we're getting an F-16C!

I'll be first in line in 2027 when it crawls kicking and screaming out of beta.

ASUS Maximus Hero IX with i7 7700K OC’d to 4.8Ghz. EVGA 1080 ti. RAM 32GB DDR4. Old Samsung 1080p TV, hopefully VR soon. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

We will never see in the next years a 4th gen russian fighter in DCS at full fidelity like the Mig-29 or Su-27. Under goverment secret laws.

The Flanker may be tricky but I don't see the problem with the Fulcrum to be honest (depending on the version of course). Many of them have been in service with NATO air forces for 27 years now.

Anyway, the (somewhat confirmed) addition of the Viper is exciting but despite my preference for Western planes, I think more Russian planes like the Mig23/25/27/full fidelity 29 may be a better addition, at least in the short term.

I agree that it would be great if they focused on the core game with dynamic campaigns etc though!

As i´ve said, i will kill for even a basic Mig-29A but reading this forums for so long makes me think that is not possible to have a DCS full Mig-29/Su-27. Even the Su-25 is still secret.

I really hope not so far things changes and ED could make one.

" You must think in russian.."

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Windows 7 Home Premium-Intel 2500K OC 4.6-SSD Samsung EVO 860- MSI GTX 1080 - 16G RAM - 1920x1080 27´

Hotas Rhino X-55-MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals -Track IR 4

I think that could be the hint for the next big "ED-thing" coming after the F-18.

[ATTACH]182089[/ATTACH]

I do not see the Apache in that list and I truly cannot understand why not... must be because they want it to be a surprise.

Surely Ed is not just concentrating on maps and little girl planes from here on in are they?

HP G2 Reverb, Windows 10 VR settings: IPD is 64.5mm, High image quality, G2 reset to 60Hz refresh rate as standard. OpenXR user, Open XR tool kit disabled. Open XR was a massive upgrade for me.

DCS: Pixel Density 1.0, Forced IPD at 55 (perceived world size), 0 X MSAA, 0 X SSAA. My real IPD is 64.5mm. Prescription VROptition lenses installed. VR Driver system: I9-9900KS 5Ghz CPU. XI Hero motherboard and RTX 3090 graphics card, 64 gigs Ram, No OC at the mo. MT user  (2 - 5 fps gain). DCS run at 60Hz.

Vaicom user. Thrustmaster warthog user. MFG pedals with damper upgrade.... and what an upgrade! Total controls Apache MPDs set to virtual Reality height with brail enhancements to ensure 100% button activation in VR.. Simshaker Jet Pro vibration seat.. Uses data from DCS not sound.... you know when you are dropping into VRS with this bad boy.

Being a vietnam air war fan, I'm definitely after something from that era like an F105 to go with the Mig 17/19/21 and the F4E (yes i know not exactly Vietnam era for the migs, etc but whatever). Would also love either an A6 or F111 as well.

As for modern aircraft, the F16 and Tornado are definitely up there.

AMD AM4 Ryzen7 3700X 3.6ghz/MSI AM4 ATX MAG X570 Tomahawk DDR4/32GB DDR4 G.Skill 3600mhz/1TB 970 Evo SSD/ASUS RTX2070 8gb Super

I dont know who is more "paranoic" about military secrets, Russia or China, but im all in for a J-11 ( with Russian skins XD).

Is just a Su-27S with stronger wheels, extended gross weight and some minor changes in ECM and comms as far as i know.

" You must think in russian.."

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Windows 7 Home Premium-Intel 2500K OC 4.6-SSD Samsung EVO 860- MSI GTX 1080 - 16G RAM - 1920x1080 27´

Hotas Rhino X-55-MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals -Track IR 4

[ATTACH]182089[/ATTACH]

They didn't even upgrade the AI 3d model.For years long we had to live with that low poly model.That was a hint. Your finding confirms it..Good one btw!:thumbup:

For me the most wished addition to DCS would be clearly a DC, with proper ATO and improved radio comms (including ATC), that is what DCS is really lacking. If you stop to think about it, just with the F18C and the A10C and a good DC you could do almost everything. Inmersive DC with endless replayability and inmersive multiplayer coops against AIs... It would be a dream came true.

On the other hand i see some major improvement needed for this to happern, mainly improved AI both for ground and air units, improved ATC, improved AI logic on taxiing, etc... and also more optimized engine with multi-core use (to help with the bigger number of units that would come with a DC).

Regarding new flyable aircraft i wouldn't mind seeing a full fidelity F15C, or AH64 apache (even the A version).

Hornet -> Super Hornet ;-)

And then let's get back to the Me-410B Hornisse (=Hornet) for those who anticipate WW2 in DCS.

I'd rather take a good MiG-23, MLD and/or BN and -27(K) though. I've heard that ED is not gonna let a 3rd party team do it, so it must be their next big bang pinkiepieexcited.png

A DCS level MiG-29 could be next then. And the 25 or 31... dealwithit.png

As for the Tornado, I just hope HB's gonna do an IDS. Would be too awesome 01-rainbowkiss.png

And as I prefer ground pounding and mud moving, I can also throw in the F-111F, Su-17/22 M4 and Su-24. Is it a coincidence they're all variable-sweep winged aircraft, just like the Flogger and Tornado I'd love to see? aj-hm.png

I'd also love have an AH-64D... last good sims are a bit old. Still got Jane's Longbow in my DOSbox. Longbow 2 was better, but somehow I didn't have the need for it back then and there was Gunship! which I also liked. Now with decent forests being actual obstacles, just making that "dish" pop up over the hilltop and firing some Hellfires would be lagom. And I want the module to have a soundtrack even more awesome than

salute.png

Most seem to want to get a F-16C though. Can't blame them, it's a great A/C and many countries have 'em which will probably ensure good sales and more funds for bringing another awesome jet or two. And we need to show BMS who's better. This also includes the need for a dynamic campaign. I remember Super EF2000 having maybe the best back then, it was totally awesome. I'd take the FF, but I'd also prefer other planes like mentioned above twilightsmile.png

[ATTACH]182089[/ATTACH]

"What's the F-16C doing over there?" rdlaugh.png

dcsdashie-hb-ed.jpg

I'd rather take a good MiG-23, MLD and/or BN and -27(K) though. I've heard that ED is not gonna let a 3rd party team do it, so it must be their

+1 for the Mig-23, we definitely need more full fidelity team red aircraft. It's also a pretty interesting aircraft and I think will be a great opponent to the future f-4e.

The 117 would offer some pretty frightening precision night strikes.

| Windows 10 | I7 4790K @ 4.4ghz | Asus PG348Q | Asus Strix 1080TI | 16GB Corsair Vengeance 2400 DDR3 | Asrock Fatal1ty Z97 | Samsung EVO 850 500GB (x2) | SanDisk 240GB Extreme Pro | Coolermaster Vanguard S 650Watt 80+ | Fractal Design R4 | VirPil T-50 | MFG Crosswind Graphite | KW-908 JetSeat Sim Edition | TrackIR 5 |

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

The MOD will not allow the EF2000, even the early blocks.

The Bucc will be awesome, which will also mean I'll need to edit my Hermes model for Cat 'n' trap.

It think after the Hornet it'll be the F-16 or another unannounced project.

The only way to make sense out of change is to plunge into it, move with it, and join the dance.

"Me, the 13th Duke of Wybourne, here on the ED forums at 3 'o' clock in the morning, with my reputation. Are they mad.."

https://ko-fi.com/joey45

That is a huge bummer. Hopefully ED looks into more WW2 work since that seemed to blow up. P-47 or Me.262 is...

Oh my, let us just hope ED still do the 262. smile.gif

I thought the 262 is beeing made for sure?

The MOD will not allow the EF2000, even the early blocks.

The MOD? Which one?

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

No status on it, but I only knew of it when I saw a category for it with Liveries/Skins in the DCS Modding section.

I always tought the 262 was part of the WW2 roadmap that was taken over from the RGR and their kickstarter project.

But as the WW2 development is beeing worked on by different devs than modern jets, I would say the F-16 might be the follow-up to the Hornet.

Edited by QuiGon

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg