Change.org Petition for F-4E and Forum Poll

MemphisBelle

Change.org Petition for F-4E and Forum Poll  

292 members have voted

1. 1. Change.org Petition for F-4E and Forum Poll

• No, I want them to focus on the AH-1, Mi-24, and F-16
    • Yes, but not at the expense of other modules
    • Yes, I want the F-4 prioritized ahead of the F-16 but not necessarily ahead of the helicopters
    • Yes, I want the F-4 prioritized ahead of other modules

So what about those people who didn't buy and don't want a Hornet, but would love to have an F-16?

This argument about "we already have a 4th gen/same systems etc aircraft" falls flat on its backside.

Like someone else said - you might as well say, well we have an attack helicopter (Ka-50) so why are they wasting time with the Mi-24 and AH-1?

A bit like also saying of a racing sim "we already have one fast car, why do you want another?"

I'm not keen on the Hornet - never been my cup of tea (same with Eurofighter), but I've always liked the F-16, so why shouldn't I have one - especially if, as it's repeatedly claimed - the systems are so similar. Should be a quick dev time, then, because the systems are already there - and the F-16 has also already been worked on, according to teaser posts in the past.

Here's another one for you - the majority of DCS customers play on their own (arguing that is silly - they have told us this many times before).

How many people does it take to fly an F-16?

How many to fly an F-4?

Getting AI to control everything that the player doesn't want to in the F-4 is going to be a nightmare, I suspect, and take a while to get right. So should other modules where this isn't an issue be delayed while ED work out how they are going to implement it? And what's more, work out all the many bugs that are bound to raise their heads when this is written and implemented?

Maybe that's all been done - but we don't know that, same as we don't know what stage any of these upcoming modules are in. But speculation wins every time, it seems.

Like others said - having polls and especially petitions (seriously?) about something like this is just, well, words fail me. I hope you get the info you wanted.

Sign of the times, I suppose... :hmm:

Kneeboard Guides

Rig: Asus B650-GAMING PLUS; Ryzen 7800X3D ; 64GB DDR5 5600; RTX 4080; VPC T50 CM2 HOTAS; SN-1 Pedals; VR = Pico 4 over VD Wireless + Index; Point Control v2

• Replies 201
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nope, what I think will happen is:

What I wish is

The 3rd party projects has outside of ED/BSK projects, and that 3rd parties has put money for a license to build X modules and release them (approved by ED). you talk about "BAN" a module release meanwhile X ED/BSK module has not been release? very funny.

The 3rd party projects has outside of ED/BSK projects, and that 3rd parties has put money for a license to build X modules and release them (approved by ED). you talk about "BAN" a module release meanwhile X ED/BSK module has not been release? very funny.

I think we are loosing something in translation here. :D

Señor, No entiendo que quiere decir.

Me dispiace, Io no capito.

Простите, я не понимаю

すみません、分かりません

To whom it may concern,

I am an idiot, unfortunately for the world, I have a internet connection and a fondness for beer....apologies for that.

Thank you for you patience.

Many people don't want the truth, they want constant reassurance that whatever misconception/fallacies they believe in are true..

What happened to the F-4E module?

???

MS Win7 Pro x64, Intel i7-6700K 4.0Ghz, Corsair RAM 16Gb,EVGA GeForce GTX 1080 FTW GAMING ACX 3.0, w/ Adjustable RGB LED Graphics Card 08G-P4-6286-KR, Creative Labs SB X-FI Titanium Fatal1ty Champ PCIe Sound Card, Corsair Neutron XTI 1TB SSD, TM Warthog Throttle & Stick, TM TPR Pedels, Oculus Rift VR Headset CV1, Klipsch Promedia 4.1 Speakers...

Change.org is for raising social awareness and organizing people to make changes in the world for the betterment of mankind.

You used it for a video game.

SMH.

I'm not the one who made it, and this would hardly be the first time change.org has been used outside of its original intended purpose :P

My Logitech Extreme3D Pro "Essentials" Profiles for FC3 and 25T:

https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/599930/

VERN0UL.png

Thrustmaster T.16000M, TWCS

FC3, F-5E, M2000C, AJS-37, C-101, F-14, NTTR

Honestly, it took eight damn years to develop the hornet and there's still a long way to go till any semblance of completion.

So, what, we get a half baked F-16 in 2026 and the F-4 in 2038? Development times only ever grow. All the talk about "now we have the foundation to do it faster/cheaper", I'll believe it when I see it. And in twenty or so years with ED I've never seen it.

In short, I really don't care which one they do because it's eventual release is so far away that it doesn't matter.

Also, a Change.org petition? Give me a frickin break.

The concern was not who wants which module first, it was more if you wanted F-4 to be put back into active development and if so, where.

But it is the same thing. They didn't postpone the F-4 because they don't think it's worth the investment but because they want to focus on other projects. Putting the F-4 into active development means taking some of that focus away, possibly postponing one of the other modules instead. So in essence, it is deciding which module should come first.

But it is the same thing. They didn't postpone the F-4 because they don't think it's worth the investment but because they want to focus on other projects. Putting the F-4 into active development means taking some of that focus away, possibly postponing one of the other modules instead. So in essence, it is deciding which module should come first.

Most DCS projects that become full fledged modules are greatly influenced by the community and what they want.

Im very much interested in the Falcon, its my all time fav.. but i think the Hornet will give me much of the game play of the falcon, so as much as i would love the F-16 to be next, i would agree that the hind might be preferred for DCS overall. Another real assault helo, like the Black Shark, i think will be very welcome..

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

i5 8600K OC @ 5.0GHz w/ Corsair H100i Liquid Cooler| MSI GTX 1080 OC Edition | 32GB DDR4 3600 | EVO 960 NVMe SSD | WD Black NVMe SSD

Win10 X64 | TrackIR 5 | HTC Vive | Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS and Cougar MFDs | Saitek Combat Pedals

Its Redfor fighters like 29K/SM, 27S/M that can beat F-16 in terms what first module to be developed after the Hornet IMO. Otherwise Falcon all the way. Sorry.

Mastering others is strength. Mastering yourself is true power. - Lao Tze

I was super sad to hear about the F-4. It was really one of my most anticipated planes. Who knows how long it'll be now.. F-16 is cool and all but the F-4 is a plane that hasn't really been simulated well before.

Oh well, maybe one day.

yes, F4E got pushed back for more appealing aircraft!

More Appealing??? Says who??? I'm a Phantom Phreak! If the F-4 is done right, it should be way more interesting to Fly, Fight, and Win!

MS Win7 Pro x64, Intel i7-6700K 4.0Ghz, Corsair RAM 16Gb,EVGA GeForce GTX 1080 FTW GAMING ACX 3.0, w/ Adjustable RGB LED Graphics Card 08G-P4-6286-KR, Creative Labs SB X-FI Titanium Fatal1ty Champ PCIe Sound Card, Corsair Neutron XTI 1TB SSD, TM Warthog Throttle & Stick, TM TPR Pedels, Oculus Rift VR Headset CV1, Klipsch Promedia 4.1 Speakers...

+1 on the topic

The F-16 is just a Hornet copy without carrier capability. MFDs, a modern radar, TGP, same armament, same experience. The Phantom on the other hand would be a pretty different experience with all its cool analog cold war tech that you can dig into. So hell yeah, I would prefer the Phantom over the Viper any day!

Basically, something like this. I'd just settle for the original BST plans. But the F-16 definately is a key seller which most probably is the reason it's been scheduled in between. I totally agree with the thought that just right after getting the Hornet, a F-16 wouldn't bring anything really new, since we tend to put more time into the new modules generally, 'cos they're new, fresh and mostly, different from the ones we've been having already. So I'd prefer something more different, be it the Phantom (different gen, less tech, most probably way less work for the devs programming all that) or one of the choppers. Also don't forget that a Falcon would automatically lead to even more comparison of DCS and that other sim based on a 20 year old product made by Microprose. I'm tired of reading it being so much better than DCS still all the time. Really. But how do we beat it? Just a better DCS-grade module isn't enough. It definately needs "THE Campaign" to finally put that good old veteran to honorable rest. I know ED is working on it... would be great though to have that sooner rather than later. On a side note, we've been waiting for the Hind for quite long now, aren't we? On the other side, one argument for putting back the F-4 is to get that Jester AI up and running first before doing another full fidelty two seater right away.

TLDR my personal preference: Hind > Phantom > (Fighting Falcon > Viper) and the SuperCobra somewhere.

Viper = AH-1Z :P - I know the planned one is a W

But either way, I'll take what I'll get. Just don't want to see The Brick ("With enough power...") completely off the list.

dcsdashie-hb-ed.jpg

I think the voting is confirming ED's plan.

By the votes about the F4 being back on track and not being pretty much even, with "For the F4" votes being higher ???

This blind F-16 cult following is just hilarious.... I see some old (bad) "trolls" in here as well (not you Kayos, tho you did try to read the poll the wrong way)

Edited by Shadow KT

'Shadow'

Everybody gotta be offended and take it personally now-a-days

Why guys, why... All those old Vietnam veteran DCS pilots want to fly F-4 (what they flew in reality) not F-16. Which would prioritize F-4 over F-16. Plus F-4 is multicrew, bonus there (but sth. like "jester" Ai like F-14 module would be good)

DCS Wishlist: 2K11 Krug SA-4 Ganef SAM, VR-TrackIR icons next to player names in score-chart

PvP: 100+ manual player-kills with Stingers on a well known dynamic campaign server - 100+ VTOL FARP landings & 125+ hours AV-8B, F-14 crew, royal dutch airforce F-16C - PvP campaigns since 2013

DCS server-admins: please adhere to a common sense gaming industry policy as most server admins throughout the industry do. (After all there's enough hostility on the internet already which really doesn't help anyone. Thanks.)

Dell Visor VR headset, Ryzen 5 5600 (6C/12T), RTX 2060 - basic DCS-community rule-of-thumb: Don't believe bad things that a PvP pilot claims about another PvP pilot without having analyzed the existing evidence

On a personal note, the F4 is probably the only module I would have any interest in out of the proposed list.

However, ED know what they are doing and it is not for me to try tell them how to run their business. I am sure the decision to put the Phantom on the back burner was not taken without a lot of thought beforehand.

Because of this, I have refrained from taking part in the poll.

Edited by Tinkickef

System spec: i9 9900K, Gigabyte Aorus Z390 Ultra motherboard, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3200 RAM, Corsair M.2 NVMe 1Tb Boot SSD. Seagate 1Tb Hybrid mass storage SSD. ASUS RTX2080TI Dual OC, Thermaltake Flo Riing 360mm water pumper, EVGA 850G3 PSU. HP Reverb, TM Warthog, Crosswind pedals, Buttkicker Gamer 2.

This discussion is in the Community News sub forum of all places, and not in this thread, for what reason exactly?

- Jack of many DCS modules, master of none.

- Personal wishlist: F-15A, F-4S Phantom II, JAS 39A Gripen, SAAB 35 Draken, F-104 Starfighter, Panavia Tornado IDS.

| Windows 11 | i5-12400 | 64Gb DDR4 | RTX 3080 | 2x M.2 | 27" 1440p | Rift CV1 | Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS | MFG Crosswind pedals |

Viper = AH-1Z :P - I know the planned one is a W

Planned one is an S.

ChromiumDis.png

Author of DSMC, mod to enable scenario persistency and save updated miz file

Stable version & site: https://dsmcfordcs.wordpress.com/

Openbeta: https://github.com/Chromium18/DSMC

The thing is, helicopters are different from planes. An airplane by it's nature wants to fly, and if not interfered with too strongly by unusual events or by a deliberately incompetent pilot, it will fly. A helicopter does not want to fly. It is maintained in the air by a variety of forces in opposition to each other, and if there is any disturbance in this delicate balance the helicopter stops flying; immediately and disastrously.

The module that was announced before any of those listed above was the Mi-24 Hind. This is the module that should be released first.

Current specs: Windows 10 Home 64bit, i5-9600K @ 3.7 Ghz, 32GB DDR4 RAM, 1TB Samsung EVO 860 M.2 SSD, GAINWARD RTX2060 6GB, Oculus Rift S, MS FFB2 Sidewinder + Warthog Throttle Quadrant, Saitek Pro rudder pedals.