DCS OV-10

Devil 505

So I have not posted a Vietnam suggestion in a while, but after watching the short documentary below, WOW.  ED really needs to bring the Bronco to DCS.  Not only did it start in Vietnam and has since been flown in every major conflict, it still is being looked at to be used in the future.  Every major conflict has seen it reinstated to the field.  

This is a perfect attack/recon aircraft to bridge a gap between Helo and Fighters.  Not only that, the potential for multiplayer in this would be very exciting.  A back seat spotter designating targets for Hornet or Viper drivers.  The armament was pretty impressive and its short take off ability on virtually any surface makes this a prime candidate for all maps.  Really hope to see this legend make it into DCS.  

Before anyone says it, yes I know Razbam has mentioned it and even had some screen shots of it, but I think it is on the shelf for awhile.  They have their plates full with other projects.  Let me know what you guys think about seeing the OV-10 makes its way to DCS.

Edited by Devil 505
  • Like 13

Razbam did show multiple times some WIP images of a Bronco a few years ago. I remember them saying that it was a side project of one of their devs. I suppose there's still a chance of them completing it.

I'd personally find OV-10 really cool in DCS.

• Like 2

Wishlist: F-4E Block 53 +, MiG-27K, Su-17M3 or M4, AH-1F or W circa 80s or early 90s, J35 Draken, Kfir C7, Mirage III/V

DCS-Dismounts Script

18 hours ago, WinterH said:

Razbam did show multiple times some WIP images of a Bronco a few years ago. I remember them saying that it was a side project of one of their devs. I suppose there's still a chance of them completing it.

I'd personally find OV-10 really cool in DCS.

Same here!

• Like 1

System HW: i9-9900K @5ghz, MSI 11GB RTX-2080-Ti Trio, G-Skill 32GB RAM, Reverb HMD, Steam VR, TM Warthog Hotas Stick & Throttle, TM F/A-18 Stick grip add-on, TM TFRP pedals. SW: 2.5.6 OB

Hopefully, once ED releases a Vietnam Map, they will release an AI Bronco 🙏

O1tTcGF.jpg

• Like 7

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

+1 for an OV-10A

I would also like an OV-10D for post Vietnam scenarios (mid-to-late Cold War 80s variant, though an OV-10A still fits here). I would like to throw in the YOV-10D, but it was only 2 prototypes, though it shares a lot in common with the OV-10D (just adding an M197 20mm rotary cannon in a turret). However, I'd happily take the OV-10A alone.

It's kinda like a Cold War take on a Mosquito, though for light attack and observation, it's also a pretty decent counterpart to the IA 58 so it gets my vote.

Edited by Northstar98
formatting
  • Like 3

Modules I own: F-14A/B, Mi-24P, AV-8B N/A, AJS 37, F-5E-3, MiG-21bis, F-16CM, F/A-18C, Supercarrier, Mi-8MTV2, UH-1H, Mirage 2000C, FC3, MiG-15bis, Ka-50, A-10C (+ A-10C II), P-47D, P-51D, C-101, Yak-52, WWII Assets, CA, NS430, Hawk.

Terrains I own: South Atlantic, Syria, The Channel, SoH/PG, Marianas.

System:

GIGABYTE B650 AORUS ELITE AX, AMD Ryzen 5 7600, Corsair Vengeance DDR5-5200 32 GB, Western Digital Black SN850X 1 TB (DCS dedicated) & 2 TB NVMe SSDs, Corsair RM850X 850 W, NZXT H7 Flow, MSI G274CV.

Peripherals: VKB Gunfighter Mk.II w. MCG Pro, MFG Crosswind V3 Graphite, Logitech Extreme 3D Pro.

Glad to see the positive feedback.  Great aircraft and believe it or not, I know a group of guys here that use to fly them and still maintain 3 static models here in Fort Worth, along with a massive list of other aircraft.  Hope this becomes more than a side project at some point.  It would be a ton of fun.

• Like 3

• 5 months later...

I think personally if ED did the L-39, Razbam could do the OV-10 with great returns. Similar purposes, apart from training. It's an incredible airplane and I'd love to see it flying in DCS one day. Guess we should just add it to the long list of Vietnam Era aircraft we don't have yet...

• Like 2

ASUS Tuf X570 Pro Wifi | Ryzen 7 5800X | 4x8gb 3200Mhz GSkill/Crucial | Gigabyte RTX 3060 TI | 1 500gb Samsung 860 EVO Boot SSD | 2 500gb HDD | 500gb Crucial NVMe (With DCS install) | EVGA 650BQ  |  Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS + TM TF Rudder Pedals | TrackIr 5 | A handy dandy notepad ; )

F-5E | A-10CII | F-14 | FC3 | F-16 | F/A-18 | M2kC | MiG-19 | Sa342 | UH-1H | Ka-50 | L-39 | C-101 | P-51D | FW-190 D-9 | F-86 | Combined Arms | Mi-24P | Mi-8 | NS430 | Apache | "Christian" Eagle II ✝️ | Mirage F1

Primary Aircraft = Strong Red | Secondary Aircraft = Orange | Rarely Used = Yellow | Dead Aircraft/Not Bound = Purple | Recent Spike of Use = Teal/Cyan/Aquamarine/Whatever you want to call this

I bet the high visibility cockpit of the Bronco will be beyond awesome in VR

• Like 4

System specs:

i7-8700K @stock speed - GTX 1080TI @ stock speed - AsRock Extreme4 Z370 - 32GB DDR4 @3GHz- 500GB SSD - 2TB nvme - 650W PSU

HP Reverb G1 v2 - Saitek Pro pedals - TM Warthog HOTAS - TM F/A-18 Grip - TM Cougar HOTAS (NN-Dan mod) & (throttle standalone mod) - VIRPIL VPC Rotor TCS Plus with ALPHA-L grip - Pointctrl & aux banks <-- must have for VR users!! - Andre's SimShaker Jetpad - Fully adjustable DIY playseat - VA+VAICOM

~ That nuke might not have been the best of ideas, Sir... the enemy is furious ~ GUMMBAH

• 2 months later...

I have all the NATOPS for the OV-10A/D and aviation experience as well as experience in generating polars for airfoils, would be glad to help out to make an OV-10A/D. I am in the beta for the HotStart CL650 and the 747-200 for X-plane.

Edited by CaptCrash
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/25/2022 at 7:19 PM, CaptCrash said:

I have all the NATOPS for the OV-10A/D and aviation experience as well as experience in generating polars for airfoils, would be glad to help out to make an OV-10A/D

I highly suggest reaching out to RAZBAM.  They are working the OV-10 for sure and would probably welcome your expertise on the aircraft.  That is why I love this community.  Like minded aviation enthusiast in abundance willing to help bring our girls to DCS.  Thanks for putting the word out there, really hope RAZ take advantage of your knowledge on the Bronco!

On 2/5/2022 at 5:57 PM, Devil 505 said:

I highly suggest reaching out to RAZBAM.  They are working the OV-10 for sure and would probably welcome your expertise on the aircraft.  That is why I love this community.  Like minded aviation enthusiast in abundance willing to help bring our girls to DCS.  Thanks for putting the word out there, really hope RAZ take advantage of your knowledge on the Bronco!

I’d rather see someone that will develop it in the next 3-4 years, not 10. 

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...