Release by end of Q1 2022

xavnl

After reading the first tenth of the manual and seeing Casmo's video my first thought was: "No way, I will not be able to learn this". 😀

After experiencing years and 20 modules with DCS this night vision based mess I saw in the video was thrilling. I was not able to see a thing and I was only able to understand what they are communicating in the 10% of the time, while the team was totally confident in the situation... I'm not a native english speaker, so for me the rapid radio comms was hard to interpret. This time I'll have to watch this video at least 5-10 times to analyze it thoroughly.

I will have to experience myself how the monocule night vision can be interpreted by my brain in VR, but in this time I'm sure that the learning curve will be steep. MUCH steeper than with the A-10C II was. Now it makes sense what Vitaly from ED said in an interview that learning the Apache will be at least a YEAR.

The sheer work ED made to prepare this module is simply mind boggling. I can really understand ANY delay we experienced before to have THIS quality.

• PC: 10700K | Gigabyte Z490 | Palit 3090 GamingPro | 32GB | Win10
  • HMD: HP Reverb G2 | OpenXR @ 120% | OpenXR Toolkit: exposure, brightness, saturation | DCS 2.9: DLAA with Sharpening 0.5 (no upscaling)
  • Controllers: VKB Gunfighter MkIII base & 200 mm curved extension center mounted + TM F16 Grip / MCG Pro Grip | TM TFRP

1 hour ago, BIGNEWY said:

The SME team had a testing session, the test went well and was good enough for a video, approval was given to Casmo to share the video with you all.

Enjoy the video and look forward to the release, when we are ready to let you know the release day we will. Keep an eye on the patch status post on the forum. 

thanks

As if we're not all feverishly banging on the refresh button in that post...

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Silver_Dragon said:

Where ED santioned Casmo? Sources?

Not Russian-style 'sanctioned' 😂 It has more than one meaning! To sanction something means to authorise it. In that context, I meant that Casmo had probably asked for permission to put it on Youtube.

However, the thought of banning Casmo's oil is rather amusing.

2 hours ago, Hoirtel said:

Seems unfair 🤣

Ha! Yeah, taken out of context it does seem harsh. BUT - they aren't mere "people" - they're legends 😁

• Like 1

- i7-7700k

- 32GB DDR4 2400Mhz

- GTX 1080 8GB

- Installed on SSD

- TM Warthog

DCS Modules - A-10C; M-2000C; AV8B; F/A-18C; Ka-50; FC-3; UH-1H; F-5E; Mi-8; F-14; Persian Gulf; NTTR

The End (of waiting) is Near!

• Like 1

VR Flight Guy in PJ Pants -- this is how I fly. We do not fly at treetop height, we fly between trees(TM)

YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCc9BDi-STaqgWsjNiHbW0fA

My simple missions: https://forum.dcs.world/topic/284071-vr-flight-guy-in-pj-pants-simple-missions/

NSRI - National Strategy Research Institution, a fictional organisation based on wordplay of Strategic Naval Research Institution (SNRI), a fictional institution appears in Mobile Suit Gundam UC timeline.

hace 27 minutos, davidrbarnette dijo:

Just for those saying that we won't see it until the cold start video... from today's defensive systems vid:

image.png

I want to believe. 

The voices still haunt me.

I can hear them when I sleep: 

👻"Black shark sleeps at night."OMG, FLIR, Radar, rws, aa would be OP for this helicopter, never add it!"👻

I want to believe that the dark times are gone. 
🕯

Come soon, my sweet AH-64D.

I promise to bind all of your keys on day one and to take you to your favourite park. 👨🏻🚁

• Like 2

hace 1 hora, Hotdognz dijo:

I honestly think they will take it right to the very end date given, I mean why wouldn't you use that time now to give it some more polish or fix found bugs.

Since you asked, I will now answer the question:

Reasons why I would not force my customers to suffer a prolonging of the delay to the access to something that they generously financed:

1. An understanding that products will always have minor issues to resolve and minor refinements to complete, and that needless frustration of the people that make your business possible is not good customer relations. 

2. An enhanced presence of the product on medias, thereby resulting in increased awareness and sales of the product. 

Edited by El buscador de la verdad
  • Like 2

In a perfect world, we'd see it released to Open Beta this weekend even with bugs. Continue Open Beta releases until the bugs are tidied, and then out to stable release when they have it wrapped up just as they like. Open beta doesn't require it to be solid.... BUT

.... BUT there's too many people that seem to not understand what Open Beta means - and going by past events and responses on here - I honestly wouldn't blame ED one little bit for delaying it until the last minute to deal with bugs to a place where they're happy or a Stable Release before even releasing to Open Beta users. Maybe... if more people understood the difference between OB and SR we wouldn't be waiting as long as we currently are and may have already had it. Who knows.

Edited by Dangerzone
  • Like 1

Such a shame. I can take a break from hammering the forums, discord and reddit for some days. 

It would be interesting to know one day - if possible - what has been happening behind the scenes. From Christmas when it was said that the Apache was nearly there but needed just a bit more work in January to that the release was imminent in February... they must have hit some tricky bugs or something. 

Now I can only wonder if it will actually be ready by end of March and they are simply gold-plating with extra features they can get done or they are busy on bugs then can't fix. 

• Like 1

13900@5.8Ghz, Asus TUF 4090 OC, 64GB@6400mhz DDR5, 4K, TrackIR 5, Tobii, Virpil CM2, CM3
F-15E | F-16C | F/A-18C | A-10C | A-10C II | AV-8B | AH-64D |  MI-24P | MI-8 | BS 2 | UH-1H | Mosquito | BF 109 | Spitfire | P-47D | CA | SC | WWII AP

Honestly, when I see the videos from Wags and the complexity of the module, I really feel blessed, that they even dared this project, let alone bring it to this level. I don't know, but just from my guts, I imagine that this project was enormous and very challenging.

No question, there are other complex aircraft. It's not the first time. Yet - I think, this one was another dimension.

I really hope, it delivers - and the devs earn the praise, they probably deserve.

Just my feelings about it. Maybe true, maybe wrong, but that's my impression.

"Muß ich denn jedes Mal, wenn ich sauge oder saugblase den Schlauchstecker in die Schlauchnut schieben?"

9 hours ago, jeffreymg said:

I can not wait for this one, I downloaded and have been playing Jane's Longbow Gold from 1998. I am taking my wife to Costa Rica for vacation tomorrow so I hope the Apache is out when I get back home.

JeffG

Did you have problems getting Jane's Longbow to run? I think I have the cd around here someplace.