I wish UGRA MEDIA's Next Project was UPDATE NTTR

JUICE-AWG

SURVEY:  How many existing Nevada NTTR owners would pay an additional $10 or so to have an updated terrain that goes from the Grand Canyon in east to 100 nautical miles off the coast of California and from the US/Mexico border in the south to 100 nautical miles north of NAS Fallon?

- Think of all the Navy Campaigns that could be sold, Test Pilot Campaigns out of Edwards AFB, China Lake Test, NTC and MAGTFTG/MCAGCC Twentynine Palms potential that is just waiting to be built.

- More airports, navigational aids, ranges, and massive training exercises lie in the fold of this upgrade.

QUESTION:  What would you like to see added to this map?

~J

• Like 12

"There are only two types of aircraft, Fighters and Targets." Doyle "Wahoo" Nicholson

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Hm.... With Ugra's Normandy 2 covering ED's Channel but being made in such a way NOT to step on ED's toes and undercut their sales (I'm pretty sure overlapping area will be low-fidelity one for this exact reason), I'm afraid the same would happen with proposed Nevada extension. You would still need to own two separate maps to have all areas covered in good detail.

The only scenario which avoids this situation is with ED specifically contracting Ugra to work on their own map, but a) would ED be interested in doing so? b) would Ugra even want to deal with someone else's sh... stuff for such a low revenue?

• Like 2

i7 9700K @ stock speed, single GTX1070, 32 gigs of RAM, TH Warthog, MFG Crosswind, Win10.

While an expansion of the map would be cool, I'd rather see the NTTR itself receive an updated terrain before any talk of expansion. Mountain ranges and cliff faces look like small hills with soft surfaces, the colors are all wrong, and even places like Star Wars Canyon don't look correct. There's so much that really needs an update on the map as is that is really important as selling it as the NTTR, at least visually.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

No
Please no.

All efforts towards new environments in DCS should focus on brand new theaters and/or a complete revamp of the exceedingly versatile four-season Caucasus map.
NTTR might be popular with a certain segment of the population but it is a total dud in the multiplayer realm. It's not a flexible region to build missions for and it's too much of what DCS already has in spades—sand, sand, and more sand. 

What DCS really needs is a fully modernized and expanded Caucasus, and some new maps covering some very important regions, specifically Vietnam and the Korean peninsula.

• Like 5

SURVEY:  How many existing Nevada NTTR owners would pay an additional $10 or so to have an updated terrain that goes from the Grand Canyon in east to 100 nautical miles off the coast of California and from the US/Mexico border in the south to 100 nautical miles north of NAS Fallon?

- Think of all the Navy Campaigns that could be sold, Test Pilot Campaigns out of Edwards AFB, China Lake Test, NTC and MAGTFTG/MCAGCC Twentynine Palms potential that is just waiting to be built.

- More airports, navigational aids, ranges, and massive training exercises lie in the fold of this upgrade.

QUESTION:  What would you like to see added to this map?

~J

Nevada NTTR has a Eagle Dynamics map, no a Ugra Media project.

Enviado desde mi CPH2197 mediante Tapatalk

Yeah, so the tittle is pretty misleading. In a time of the year where is more common to hear about the new projects that teams are working on, reading a title like this one gives you a false sense that this is an actual project. 

I agree with what njoyyoursalad said, I think that effort should be made to bring us parts of the globe that aren't already avaiable. And like Silver_Dragon mentioned, the maps is ED's responsability, not Ugra.

• BIGNEWY changed the title to I wish UGRA MEDIA's Next Project was UPDATE NTTR
  • ED Team

NTTR is an ED project and is feature complete, we have no plans to add new location features, only work on any bugs and update the lighting. 

thanks

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2