DCS: Syria update 2023

MAESTR0

vor 11 Minuten schrieb Rudel_chw:

i’d love to have cars like that available on the Mission Editor 🙏

^This ...and at least a handful of the buildings from each map to place in the Missions.

• Like 5

Shagrat

- Flying Sims since 1984 -:pilotfly:

Win 10 | i5 10600K@4.1GHz | 64GB | GeForce RTX 3090 - Asus VG34VQL1B  | TrackIR5 | Simshaker & Jetseat | VPForce Rhino Base & VIRPIL T50 CM2 Stick on 200mm curved extension | VIRPIL T50 CM2 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Plus/Apache64 Grip | MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals | WW Top Gun MIP | a hand made AHCP | 2x Elgato StreamDeck (Buttons galore)

Impressive screenshots and videos. Optimizing to improve playability on this map would be highly welcome. Kudos to Ugra Media for the continue support and work on the Syria map. Looking forward to the next openbeta release.

• Like 4

Windows 10 Pro 64bit|Ryzen 5600 @3.8Ghz|EVGA RTX 3070 XC3 Ultra|Corair vengence 32G DDR4 @3200mhz|MSI B550|Thrustmaster Flightstick| Virpil CM3 Throttle| Thrustmaster TFRP Rudder Pedal /Samsung Odyssey Plus Headset

3 hours ago, rubbra said:

Why is there a plan to implement right hand traffic in Cyprus? Has it changed really recently? I'm pretty sure it's left hand traffic...  (e.g. https://www.cyprusparadise.com/articles/practical-information/ and https://www.enjoytravel.com/en/travel-news/driving/driving-in-cyprus-15-things-you-need-to-know  and https://www.worldstandards.eu/cars/list-of-left-driving-countries/ )

Unless they mean the driver sits on the right. You're correct though, Cyprus is one of only a few countries on which cars drive on the left side of the road.

Edited by bfr
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, MAESTR0 said:

Screen_230616_123631.jpg

New module incoming to DCS? 😅

Btw. seems like a great upgrade, many thanks!

• Like 3

Webmaster of http://www.yoyosims.pl

Yoyosimsbanner.gif

Win 10 64, i9-13900 KF, RTX  4090 24Gb OC, RAM 64Gb Corsair Vengeance LED OC@3600MHz,, 3xSSD+3xSSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5, [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor2, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

Unless they mean the driver sits on the right. You're correct though, Cyprus is one of only a few countries on which cars drive on the left side of the road.
Few? In Europe and the Americas yes. But not in Asia, Africa and Oceania.

Sent from my MAR-LX1A using Tapatalk

Hello @MAESTR0and devs. 

Can the external model of the incirlik tower care more about the truth?

I'm posting some photos from internet as reference. The "welcome to incirlik" sign is also quite symbolic.

100806-F-2085J-035.JPG

3095b62a0c57f2f24566d57669a2d959.jpg?w=1

incirlik1.jpg

Thanks.

Edited by Alpiinoo
  • Like 2

alpiinoo_signature.png.92e62da0731ec62ed4f4cd1e7f958385-removebg-preview.png

13 hours ago, MAXsenna said:

Few? In Europe and the Americas yes. But not in Asia, Africa and Oceania. emoji6.png

Sent from my MAR-LX1A using Tapatalk

Yeah, fair to say 'few' is probably understating it a bit but its definitely a minority (Google seems to suggest 35% of the world drives on the left side of the road based on national populations)

Looking really good thanks for the updates. Any word on fixing the broken ILS?

Edit: Also would really love being able to destroy the map objects during missions, i think many bridges etc are still invincible.

Edited by Grodin
  • Like 1

Fighting for peace is like screwing for virginity.

• 2 weeks later...

HI Maestro.

I really appreciate the awesome updates around the map. But since today´s update i´m suffering poor FPS with the new night lighting on the map. 

On the Persian Gulf map, night lighting does not have any impact on FPS but in Syria right now flying over cities at night makes a great impact on my FPS. From solid 60´s at day to 40´s at night, same place. I dont know others experience but for me but this is what i m seeing right now.

Fxo and metashaders deleted. 

" You must think in russian.."

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Windows 7 Home Premium-Intel 2500K OC 4.6-SSD Samsung EVO 860- MSI GTX 1080 - 16G RAM - 1920x1080 27´

Hotas Rhino X-55-MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals -Track IR 4

6 minutes ago, Esac_mirmidon said:

HI Maestro.

I really appreciate the awesome updates around the map. But since today´s update i´m suffering poor FPS with the new night lighting on the map. 

On the Persian Gulf map, night lighting does not have any impact on FPS but in Syria right now flying over cities at night makes a great impact on my FPS. From solid 60´s at day to 40´s at night, same place. I dont know others experience but for me but this is what i m seeing right now.

Fxo and metashaders deleted. 

Yikes. Not what I was hoping to hear. Performance improvements were my main hope. I'd take worse night lighting in favor of better performance.

Improvements all around the map are great, dont take me wrong. Is quite a lot the things here an there to take a look, and i love it. At day the perfomance is a blast for me. But at night, city lights are taking a big tool on my FPS. I know i have an old CPU, 2500K but the perfomance by day is great, so i think something is going on with the new night light

" You must think in russian.."

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Windows 7 Home Premium-Intel 2500K OC 4.6-SSD Samsung EVO 860- MSI GTX 1080 - 16G RAM - 1920x1080 27´

Hotas Rhino X-55-MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals -Track IR 4

+1 fps at lower 40´s with the new night lightning.. The same problem with night lightning on Sinai map, so maybe this two maps are using the same tech.

12900K, 32gb DDR5, RTX 3090ti flatscreen.

- Beautiful, but not usable.

Edited by Paveway333

Thanks for this great update!!! 👍

[Modules] A-10C, A-10C II, AH-64D, F-14A/B, F-16C, F/A-18C, FC3, Ka-50, P-51D, UH-1H, CA, SC
[Maps] PG, NTTR, Normandy, Sinai, Syria, TC

[OS] Windows 11 Pro
[PC] MSI Pro Z790-A, i9-13900K, 64 GB DDR5-5200, RTX 4090 24 GB GDDR6X, 2 x SSD 990 PRO 2 TB (M.2), Corsair 5000D Airflow, HX1500i, H150i RGB Elite, Acer X28, TM HOTAS Warthog (Grip@WarBRD Base), MS SW FFB2, Thrustmaster TFRP, TrackIR 5 & TrackClip Pro
[Checklists] A-10C, F-16C, F/A-18C, AH-64D, Ka-50, UH-1H

Thanks for all the visual improvements.

Unfortunately for me, performance is down, even during the day when I keep the initial settings where everything was fluid.
FPS drop from 60 to 35 and I get a lot of stuttering over cities.

i7 7700, 1080ti, 64Gb DDR4, 1920x1080 60Hz

Thank you so much for this latest update.

The trees, city’s and night lighting look absolutely stunning. 👌

Performance wise I’m locked at a smooth 60 fps without dropping even one fame below both day time or night time, ST or MT. 😎

Thanks again

i9-13900ks - RAM 64 - RTX 4070TI

• Like 1

On 7/7/2023 at 7:07 PM, rubbra said:

Why is there a plan to implement right hand traffic in Cyprus? Has it changed really recently? I'm pretty sure it's left hand traffic...  (e.g. https://www.cyprusparadise.com/articles/practical-information/ and https://www.enjoytravel.com/en/travel-news/driving/driving-in-cyprus-15-things-you-need-to-know  and https://www.worldstandards.eu/cars/list-of-left-driving-countries/ )

edit - I see the description has now changed to say left hand traffic. 

I can 100% confirm that both The Turkish Republic of Northern Cyprus (Turkish speaking  Northern bit) and the Republic of Cyprus (Greek speaking Southern bit) drive on the left.

Having said that the quality of driving is so poor that visitors might think there is no specified side to drive on.

• Like 3

AMD 3800x, Asrock 570X Taichi, 32GB Corsair Platinum, MSI 1080Ti, Corsair MP600 Gen 4 1TB NVMe. Samsung 970 EVO Plus 1TB NVMe, Samsung 860 1TB SSD, Custom Watercooling, AOC 32" 4K Screen.

4 hours ago, Tripack said:

Unfortunately for me, performance is down, even during the day when I keep the initial settings where everything was fluid.
FPS drop from 60 to 35 and I get a lot of stuttering over cities.

Are you referring to the MT or ST version? If the performance drop occurs in MT only, your issue is maybe related to this MT performance bug.

[Modules] A-10C, A-10C II, AH-64D, F-14A/B, F-16C, F/A-18C, FC3, Ka-50, P-51D, UH-1H, CA, SC
[Maps] PG, NTTR, Normandy, Sinai, Syria, TC

[OS] Windows 11 Pro
[PC] MSI Pro Z790-A, i9-13900K, 64 GB DDR5-5200, RTX 4090 24 GB GDDR6X, 2 x SSD 990 PRO 2 TB (M.2), Corsair 5000D Airflow, HX1500i, H150i RGB Elite, Acer X28, TM HOTAS Warthog (Grip@WarBRD Base), MS SW FFB2, Thrustmaster TFRP, TrackIR 5 & TrackClip Pro
[Checklists] A-10C, F-16C, F/A-18C, AH-64D, Ka-50, UH-1H

A friend ( @Droggelkelch ) and I had a crash yesterday evening at roughly the same time, flying on the LK Flashpoint Levant Europe server during sunset.

We used the MT version. Is someone else here experiencing instability during certain daytimes with this new update?
I had the suspicion it could be related to the new lighting that takes effect or has an increased performance/calculation hit some point around sunset I guess.

No expert though.

We did send the crash reports.

Alias in Discord: Mailman