DCS Patch notes discussion May 2024

BIGNEWY

13 minutes ago, BIGNEWY said:

Current version number: 2.9.4.53990

Next planned update: Delayed until 22nd May 2024 

Dear all,

during final checks some blocking issues were found and we will require some time to resolve them. We want the F-4E launch to be the best experience it can be so delaying for one day is the best option, thank you for your understanding and patience. 

Is the changelog posted up or will there be major deviations overnight meaning its top secret for a further day?

• Like 1

74_Fox

4 minutes ago, IanC58 said:

Is the changelog posted up or will there be major deviations overnight meaning its top secret for a further day?

Changelogs are posted when the patch is live.

🖥️ Win10  i7-10700KF  32GB  RTX3060   🥽 Rift S   🕹️ T16000M  TWCS  TFRP   ✈️ FC3  F-14A/B  F-15E   ⚙️ CA   🚢 SC   🌐 NTTR  PG  Syria

Posted (edited)
24 minutes ago, draconus said:

Totally aware of that, You missed the sarcasm/humour

Edited by IanC58
  • Thanks 1

74_Fox

• ED Team
43 minutes ago, Bagpipe said:

you will be hearing from my legal team XD

Noted 🙂 and have a good day Bagpipe

37 minutes ago, draconus said:

yes we will post the patch notes just before the patch tomorrow, can not post now as they may need editing. 

thanks

• Like 1

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

For future reference: especially for 3rd party modules, promised release dates should be the highest priority. Updates should be pushed separately from module releases.
The F-4E should have launched today on its own as it had no bearing on the core update, then in the coming days/weeks said update is pushed when it's ready. 

And the fact Heatblur was not informed ahead of the delay being made is abhorrent behavior. They have gone above and beyond with their transparency over the course of developing this module, all for this: being targeted and accused for a last-second delay that was not their fault and they had no time to prepare their own statement about. What will be done to compensate these devs for the abuse they've been getting over the last hours?

Do better ED, do a lot better.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Scatlet-565 said:

For future reference: especially for 3rd party modules, promised release dates should be the highest priority. Updates should be pushed separately from module releases.
The F-4E should have launched today….

I’m sure ED loves when customers try to order them what they should be doing … no need for a CEO, just obey the customers 😄

• Like 7
  • Thanks 3

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600 - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia RTX2080 - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

So if all the YTubers can get the F-4E (Sidekick just got it yesterday im guessing) why cant they just release the F-4E module to the rest of the paying customers and leave the unstable patch out of its release and work on that until its stable, seems like its still able to be rolled out as a stand alone module to those who payed.

• Like 1

• ED Team

The issues were found by QA in final checks and was not module related, they have been working hard to fix them and we will hopefully have the patch today the 22nd, if anything changes I will edit the patch status post in my signature below. 

thanks

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

Ay I know that it was the patch that was the issue and I'm happy to wait for bugs to be fixed found in any patch.

What im saying is why don't ED just release F-4E the module to all the accounts that purchased it as its certainly been released to certain accounts that YTubers hold so my guess it could be rolled out to everyone who purchased it with a minor update patch for everyone, I think this would be even more important especially if we get another delay.

41 minutes ago, Hotdognz said:

So if all the YTubers can get the F-4E (Sidekick just got it yesterday im guessing) why cant they just release the F-4E module to the rest of the paying customers and leave the unstable patch out of its release and work on that until its stable, seems like its still able to be rolled out as a stand alone module to those who payed.

This is exactly what I'm saying. New releases should be separate from updates, especially when 3rd parties have a published release date to hit

• Like 3

Just now, Scatlet-565 said:

This is exactly what I'm saying. New releases should be separate from updates, especially when 3rd parties have a published release date to hit

Totally agree with what you said.

Modules released without major patches (Like Kola had)
Patches released without major modules

This would really help ED improve what I would call a burnt reputation this year and maybe help claw back to the heyday of ED around the release of 2.9 and also keep module dates separate from big patches and the issues that can eventuate on release day

• Like 2

Posted (edited)
39 minutes ago, Scatlet-565 said:

36 minutes ago, Hotdognz said:

Totally agree with what you said.

Modules released without major patches (Like Kola had)
Patches released without major modules

This would really help ED improve what I would call a burnt reputation this year and maybe help claw back to the heyday of ED around the release of 2.9 and also keep module dates separate from big patches and the issues that can eventuate on release day

The patchs has planned by ED, no the 3rd parties (the "deadlines" has none to do here), and as repeat, 3rd parties has none control on a DCS World release, major or minor, only ED.... More with a blocking bug with will affect to the core or / and sofware / hardware / other module can break the simulator (the actual situation).

image.png

39 minutes ago, Hotdognz said:

Ay I know that it was the patch that was the issue and I'm happy to wait for bugs to be fixed found in any patch.

What im saying is why don't ED just release F-4E the module to all the accounts that purchased it as its certainly been released to certain accounts that YTubers hold so my guess it could be rolled out to everyone who purchased it with a minor update patch for everyone, I think this would be even more important especially if we get another delay.

The module releases no only required the integration with the core, require some security archives hardcoded.... and that has no over control of a 3rd party. That is not a magic botton "on and off" to the purchasers, that has enabled by the ED DCS World autentification servers with points to specific path versions.

1 hour ago, Hotdognz said:

The Youtube versions has no only a "install the F-4E module and fly them, to angry the costumers" .... That has DCS World specific versions, no related with the actual DCS World release version, with have integrated the F-4E (The same version with see on the Wags videos), some develop patch ahead, to develop only. Someone remember with Bignegy, Wags or other members of ED team talking about 4-5 DCS version instaled for Testing / Develop proposes?

Edited by Silver_Dragon
  • Like 1

Well there is a magic button for a select few, even so much as people being given it 2 days ago for YT content.

So there getting a minor core update and having the module activated for them.

Sent from my CPH2333 using Tapatalk

• Like 2

Posted (edited)
3 minutes ago, Hotdognz said:

Well there is a magic button for a select few, even so much as people being given it 2 days ago for YT content.

What part of "DCS World specific patch version ahead of actual version, with F-4E enable" has your dont understand?. That is not a MINOR core update.

Edited by Silver_Dragon
  • Like 2

• ED Team
1 minute ago, Hotdognz said:

Its not just about one module, the patch has to consider everything. Preview builds are from an earlier version. Now you will say why didnt you use the earlier version, it does not work like that, we have made changes and fixes in the future builds. 

Currently QA are doing final checks and if all goes to plan today 22nd, around 15:00 ZULU we will have a patch. 

• Like 7

56 minutes ago, Scatlet-565 said:

Are we there Yet ? Are we there yet ?  Sounds like a Spoilt Kid Demanding  " I want it NOW " ! ..........Me , I just wait patiently !  (Like I have since Lock-On , FC , and now DCS ).

• Like 4

R7 7800X3d,64g 6000 Ram,4090, Pimax Crystal. 

22 hours ago, Hotdognz said:

Are you surprised, 5 hrs from launch and they are still testing, should have been locked down a week ago ready to go, things never change.

Oh this is one of the most hilarious things I keep hearing after yesterdays delay.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, jaydee said:

Are we there Yet ? Are we there yet ?  Sounds like a Spoilt Kid Demanding  " I want it NOW " ! ..........Me , I just wait patiently !  (Like I have since Lock-On , FC , and now DCS ).

Someone have here from Flanker 1.0.... 

• Like 1

Whatever happens ! thank you to the entire ED team
  thank you for your work .
As for the dissatisfied, whatever you do they will always be dissatisfied, so do what you think is right.👍👏

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

Meanwhile, why don't you go over to Meteor's bandcamp and drop him some nice $6.90 at least for the amazing soundtrack he made for the module and enjoy that until the update is ready unless you got the vinyl already? dealwithit.png.pagespeed.ce.qKtwKEog9F.p

Edited by Eldur
  • Like 1

dcsdashie-hb-ed.jpg

All Good ED Team - whatever happens, happens.

Appreciate all the hard work, updates, and making sure everything is right.

Pointy end hurt! Fire burn!!
JTF-191 25th Draggins - Hawg Main. Black Shark 2, A10C, A10CII, F-16, F/A-18, F-86, Mig-15, Mig-19, Mig-21, P-51, F-15, Su-27, Su-33, Mig-29, FW-190 Dora, Anton, BF 109, Mossie, Normandy, Caucasus, NTTR, Persian Gulf, Channel, Syria, Marianas, WWII Assets, CA. (WWII backer picked aircraft ME-262, P-47D).