DCS World 2.0 and New Maps Discussion Thread

Wags

What is the average time between versions? ;)

It doesn't matter since the version numbers that may or may not be skipped will never be known (they skipped a lot getting to 1.2.0) Besides, my point is that something that is coming out by the end of this year is so far away that it does not matter. The margin for error in the prediction is too great.

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

• Replies 7.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ED Team
It doesn't matter since the version numbers that may or may not be skipped will never be known (they skipped a lot getting to 1.2.0) Besides, my point is that something that is coming out by the end of this year is so far away that it does not matter. The margin for error in the prediction is too great.

It didnt say it was coming out by the end of the year, it said it was coming out later this year ;)

64Sig.png
Forum RulesMy YouTube • My Discord - NineLine#0440• **How to Report a Bug**

1146563203_makefg(6).png.82dab0a01be3a361522f3fff75916ba4.png  80141746_makefg(1).png.6fa028f2fe35222644e87c786da1fabb.png  28661714_makefg(2).png.b3816386a8f83b0cceab6cb43ae2477e.png  389390805_makefg(3).png.bca83a238dd2aaf235ea3ce2873b55bc.png  216757889_makefg(4).png.35cb826069cdae5c1a164a94deaff377.png  1359338181_makefg(5).png.e6135dea01fa097e5d841ee5fb3c2dc5.png

It didnt say it was coming out by the end of the year, it said it was coming out later this year ;)

My birthday is later this year as well. :)

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

I am getting an SSD later this year as well :P

cooool :P

does the "next week" is a later "definition" ? :D

honestly, i hope edge will be released at summertime already :bounce:

and

today is a Wagsday of Friday, so i hope we will get some new eyecandy screenshots too in this forum or on facebook :bounce:

like these edge images :thumbsup:

h1.jpg

h2.jpg

h3.jpg

Edited by NRG-Vampire

sign-pic4.jpg

today is a Wagsday of Friday, so i hope we will get some new eyecandy screenshots too in this forum or on facebook :bounce:

I think that was sufficient for today. I prefer having my news stretched out instead of a giant dump all at once followed by a long period of nothing.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

thats good to know .. I just thought I read they were not going to redo the black sea map for edge

This is true, and as such it will not fully utilize all features newly available, however it will run under EDGE.

Good, fast, cheap. Choose any two.

Come let's eat grandpa!

Use punctuation, save lives!

This is true, and as such it will not fully utilize all features newly available, however it will run under EDGE.

So we can determine the map in ME? And in MP, if one does not purchase new map, he/she may not be able to join a server running the new map?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

My DCS Mods, Skins, Utilities and Scripts

| Windows 10 | i7-4790K | GTX 980Ti Hybrid | 32GB RAM | 3TB SSD |

| TM Warthog Stick | CH Pro Throttle + Pro Pedal | TIR5 Pro | TM MFD Cougar | Gun Camera: PrtScn |

So we can determine the map in ME? And in MP, if one does not purchase new map, he/she may not be able to join a server running the new map?
I don't think any statements have been made regarding how this works. It is obvious that the player would need the map installed to see the terrain, since maps can be gigabytes in size. The simplest approach would be to restrict players from joining the server, but as map availability becomes more diverse, that is not necessarily the best approach.

Depending upon how modular terrain is, it is possible that a server could have 5 subregions of a map installed while the player only has 4 of them. In this case, the player might end up crashing into invisible mountains if they fly off of their section of the map. It might be a good idea to let the server admin decide how much map synchronization is required since a non-combat server like VA might not care as much if a client is missing part of the map.

I think an interesting approach to the copy protection would be to let people load maps they have installed but not purchased, so they could look around at AI doing stuff with the cameras while being unable to control their modules on that map, but then if you have a system like my comment about subregions, what do you do when a player tries to fly from a region they own into a region they don't?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I don't think any statements have been made regarding how this works. It is obvious that the player would need the map installed to see the terrain, since maps can be gigabytes in size. The simplest approach would be to restrict players from joining the server, but as map availability becomes more diverse, that is not necessarily the best approach.

Depending upon how modular terrain is, it is possible that a server could have 5 subregions of a map installed while the player only has 4 of them. In this case, the player might end up crashing into invisible mountains if they fly off of their section of the map. It might be a good idea to let the server admin decide how much map synchronization is required since a non-combat server like VA might not care as much if a client is missing part of the map.

I think an interesting approach to the copy protection would be to let people load maps they have installed but not purchased, so they could look around at AI doing stuff with the cameras while being unable to control their modules on that map, but then if you have a system like my comment about subregions, what do you do when a player tries to fly from a region they own into a region they don't?

Just have a low graphics fidelity version of the map. One that looks super ugly. But that might impact the ground units visually as well.

Go in close, and when you think you are too close, go in closer.

Think BF3/4 when you wander into the enemy spawn area in a ground vehicle. If you dont leave in 8 seconds, your vehicle is terminated and you suicide.

Enlighten me on what TTR is?

Man I could really use a navigator right about now.

i7-3770K @ Stock

MSI GD-65 Z77 Mobo

G.Skill Ripjaws Z [16GB] @ 2133 Mhz

AMD Radeon HD 7950 [sapphire Tech] @ 1150/1600 Mhz

OCZ Vector 256GB [C:/]

Seagate Barracuda LP 2TB @ 5900RPM [D:/]

Western Digital Caviar Black 2TB @ 7200 [E:/]

Western Digital Blue 1TB @ 7200 [H:/]

Corsair AX850 PSU

Corsair 650D Case [so Sexy <3]

Wow, what mind tricks did you use to achieve this state? :huh: :D

Well :D

It comes year after year of reading forum :D

Reminder: Fighter pilots make movies. Bomber pilots make... HISTORY! :D | Also to be remembered: FRENCH TANKS HAVE ONE GEAR FORWARD AND FIVE BACKWARD :D

ಠ_ಠ

Things seem to be progressing very well now although the integration process seems to be taking longer than first anticipated. It's to be expected with software as complex as this. Good job ED staff!

With the completion of the airbase lights at Nellis and Creech, all major art and geometry components of the NTTR map are now complete. We are now waiting for the integration of EDGE and the new map data system into DCS to allow the importing of new maps such as the NTTR.

attachment.php?attachmentid=96399&d=1396816626

attachment.php?attachmentid=96400&d=1396816626

Intel i5-9600K @ 3.7GHz

Gigabyte Z370XP SLI Mobo

G.SKILL Ripjaws V Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) 288-Pin DDR4

GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 2070 8GB 256-Bit GDDR6(Assume the latest driver version)

Thermaltake Water 3.0 Certified Liquid Cooling System

Windows 10 Professional

Oculus Rift-S /TrackIR 5 in case VR dies

Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog w/ Thrustmaster T-Flight Rudder Pedals

That photos not show centre lights, taxiway lights, PAPI lights or ALSF-1 Type approach lights System. No improved on that EDGE version?

Approach charts show them, check here:

https://www.airnav.com/airport/LSV

Maybe it's just a demo of the lights for the buildings. It certainly is the darkest airport I have ever seen.