*SA342 BUG REPORTS*

The_Fragger

since updating the sa342 does not recognise my joystick[wharthog], checked in axis tune and appears to follow movement, tried in the huey and other aircraft, joystick ok.

Are any of the axis red where you assign controls?

I have just sorted out the basic controls since the patch, and even after clearing the incorrect rudder assignments I still had to restart DCS before the rudder wasn't marked in red and rudders were functional in the Gazelle.

Intel 5820k | Asus X-99A | Crucial 16GB | Powercolor Devil RX580 8GB | Win 10 x64 | Oculus Rift | https://gallery.ksotov.co.uk

Patiently waiting for: DCS: Panavia Tornado, DCS: SA-2 Guideline, DCS: SA-3 Goa, DCS: S-300 Grumble

hung sounds

Whenever i am killed or crash in MP, any sounds that were present at death, become "stuck" though my headphones. I have not noticed this with any other A/C besides the 342. For example, the other day I died while my RWR was giving me the warning tone, when I chose another helicopter (every helicopter I chose), the sound would continue to play ad infinitum. Same thing happened to me again tonight, where i crashed, and when I came back (first in a 342, then a Huey), I could still here the 342 engine whir as well as the pilot's heavy breathing. The only way I have found to fix this is to completely reset DCS and rejoin the game.

Hi all,

I've just tried out Multi-crew for the first time. Love it. However, there were some flaws:

• Pressing slave as the weapons officer kills the pilot, breaks off the tail and causes the helicopter to crash.
  • While I, as the host, could join another helicopter my friend couldn't join my aircraft. It crashed the game.
  • After flying as the gunner trying to switch to an aircraft of my own crashed my game back to Windows.

Seems to be an MP bug, if you're the co-pilot, you can request a rearm and you'll see the weapons placed on the aircraft. The pilot won't. Weapons only work when the pilot requests the rearm.

Had that too.

We found it to be a very enjoyable experience and can see some real potential in it on multiplayer servers. We'll definitely be doing it again, and look forward to any of the bugs being ironed out.

Edited by tom1502

• Windows 10 Home - 64 Bit
  • Intel Core i7-9770K
  • 32GB DDR4 RAM
  • Nvidia GeForce GTX 1080Ti
  • Oculus Rift S

Any updates regarding the force feedback trim support perhaps? :)

i386DX40@42 MHz w/i387 CP, 4 MB RAM (8*512 kB), Trident 8900C 1 MB w/16-bit RAMDAC ISA, Quantum 340 MB UDMA33, SB 16, DOS 6.22 w/QEMM + Win3.11CE, Quickshot 1btn 2axis, Numpad as hat. 2 FPH on a good day, 1 FPH avg.

DISCLAIMER: My posts are still absolutely useless. Just finding excuses not to learn the F-14 (HB's Swansong?).

Annoyed by my posts? Please consider donating. Once the target sum is reached, I'll be off to somewhere nice I promise not to post from. I'd buy that for a dollar!

Being worked on. Finally got a working Sidewinder FFB 2 stick to test with.

Yaay, it's getting there. Thanks for the update.

i386DX40@42 MHz w/i387 CP, 4 MB RAM (8*512 kB), Trident 8900C 1 MB w/16-bit RAMDAC ISA, Quantum 340 MB UDMA33, SB 16, DOS 6.22 w/QEMM + Win3.11CE, Quickshot 1btn 2axis, Numpad as hat. 2 FPH on a good day, 1 FPH avg.

DISCLAIMER: My posts are still absolutely useless. Just finding excuses not to learn the F-14 (HB's Swansong?).

Annoyed by my posts? Please consider donating. Once the target sum is reached, I'll be off to somewhere nice I promise not to post from. I'd buy that for a dollar!

Hi,

That sounds unbelievable but for a month or so I can't start the Gazelle anymore. Both in manual nor auto start ( cheat ).

When I flip teh 3-Way switch in the starter position, nothing happen and the starter light doesn't illuminate.

Yes the rotor brake is fully up and the Turb' is primed 20-25 sec.

Tried to uninstall and re-install the module, no joy either ...

Any directions ?

Thanks !

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

CPL(A)IR ME/SEP/MEP/SET - CPL(H)

When I flip teh 3-Way switch in the starter position, nothing happen and the starter light doesn't illuminate.

Sounds like this bug . Do you have the fuel control lever assigned to an axis?

Edited by Ramsay

i9 9900K @4.7GHz, 64GB DDR4, RTX4070 12GB, 1+2TB NVMe, 6+4TB HD, 4+1TB SSD, Winwing Orion 2 F-15EX Throttle + F-16EX Stick, TPR Pedals, TIR5, Win 10 Pro x64, 1920X1080

When things like this have happened to me over the years I have often found that a key I have mapped on a rotary dial was stuck/on/between positions repeating on one of my controllers avoiding ability to make inputs. Control key input is one of the worst because the input is harder to detect. I could be wrong but it is worth checking. Go as far as unplugging all controllers if you must to eliminate the possibility if everything looks centered/not on etc.

Semper Fi

Semper Fi

AldoUSMC

Intel i7-6700 CPU @ 4 GHz, 32 GB Ram, GeForce GTX 980 Ti, Windows 10 Pro -64 Bit

There is a chance, which is probably like 1 out of 10 flights, that the Gazelle will be stuck in a full right roll even if the controls are centered. So if you start in the air, it will start rolling to the right like crazy, to the point that the pilot blacks out. If you start from the ramp, there is no way to tell if it's bugged until you try to lift off and it starts rolling to the right for no reason. Only way to fix this is to reset the mission, which is quite annoying after you spend time starting it up only to realise you have to exit and start over. This happens in both SP and MP.

There is a chance, which is probably like 1 out of 10 flights, that the Gazelle will be stuck in a full right roll even if the controls are centered. So if you start in the air, it will start rolling to the right like crazy, to the point that the pilot blacks out.

Just had this a few times as well. Hadn't seen it before because I normally restart the game between sessions due to the external sounds bug.

Saved the track but the issue does not occur when replayed.

Got in the habit of opening the controls indicator (RCtlr+Enter) before hitting Fly so the controls were displayed right at the start, and can confirm that the game sees the stick centred even when this happens. So: doesn't appear to be controls related, and doesn't get saved in the track.

This testing was with the -M version, no external stores, 20% fuel load, air start.

• 2 weeks later...
  • ED Team

hovering sounds

DCS Sa342 multiplayer hovering sounds.

v 1.5.4.56500

After the death and rebirth of a new helicopter audible sounds when the death of the previous helicopter. Bug reproduced easily and manifests field of each death (I always see it when playing).

Details in the video. Logs and test mission included in the archive.

Edited by GORNYAK
  • Like 1

After the death and rebirth of a new helicopter audible sounds when the death of the previous helicopter.

I can confirm that problem, had it happen to me twice yesterday.

Switching to another aircraft, even another aircraft type, did not resolve the issue, I had to quit the MP session and re-join in order to get rid of it.

In my case, happened in 2.0 on Virtual Aerobatics.

Edit: Just noticed, seems to be a duplicate of Audio Bug after death, which was already reported fixed and should be part of an upcoming update (apparently not the previous one, though ;)).

Edited by Yurgon

I confirm too.

"ConcreteSlide.ogg" sound file keeps playing forever. :)

Intel i7-14700@5.6GHz | MSI RTX4080 Super SuprimX | Corsair V. 32GB@6400MHz. | Samsung 1TB 990 PRO SSD (Win10Homex64)
Samsung G5 32" + Samsung 18" + 2x8"TFT Displays | Saitek X-55 Rhino & Rudder | TM MFD Cougars | Logitech G13, G230, G510, PZ55 & Farming Sim Panel | TIR5
>>MY MODS<< | Discord: Devrim#1068

Hi Guys, anyone else have their flight controls all RED and non usable in the Gazelle? I have checked all the other aircraft and works fine. Have run a repair and no joy, click on the axis controls and setup but the are still RED and non functioning. Can't fly this bird without controls :(

Appreciate any help - cheers

InWin S Frame with Asus Z170 | i7-6700K @ 4.5 Water Cooled CPU and Graphics | 16GB DDR4 | GTX1070 | 240GB M.2 SSD | Warthog Hotas | MFG Crosswind | 40" Samsung 4K | CV1 | Replica MB Mk10 Ejection Seat with Gametrix 908

Hi Guys, anyone else have their flight controls all RED and non usable in the Gazelle? I have checked all the other aircraft and works fine. Have run a repair and no joy, click on the axis controls and setup but the are still RED and non functioning. Can't fly this bird without controls :(

Appreciate any help - cheers

Go to "saved games" (c: drive) ->dcs -> mods -> specific module (SA342 in this case) -> delete keyboard + joystick folders. Yes that will delete your keybindings, BUT, it will make red boxes disappear. Reason they show up is a updated keybinding scheme with new keybindings since last update.

• Like 2

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Go to "saved games" (c: drive) ->dcs -> mods -> specific module (SA342 in this case) -> delete keyboard + joystick folders. Yes that will delete your keybindings, BUT, it will make red boxes disappear. Reason they show up is a updated keybinding scheme with new keybindings since last update.

Well I learnt something today - thank you +1

InWin S Frame with Asus Z170 | i7-6700K @ 4.5 Water Cooled CPU and Graphics | 16GB DDR4 | GTX1070 | 240GB M.2 SSD | Warthog Hotas | MFG Crosswind | 40" Samsung 4K | CV1 | Replica MB Mk10 Ejection Seat with Gametrix 908

Was playing a couple of missions on both Georgian map as well as Nevada, when I noticed with the last update that the ranging on the Vivane (M version only confirmed so far) either gives me wrong reading or no reading at all (not exceeding maximum LR range).

Using latest versions of both (cannot remember which they are, but for sure newest). And DCS (non-steam).

This has been then experienced in MP. So far, I cannot notice it in SP.

Really hard to tell how to reproduce it, works 95% of the time. However I did notice a tendency in the following mission which makes it fairly easy to reproduce:

https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/1952140/

Using MSFFB2, Nvidia 780ti, Intel 3770k, 16GB ram (kingstone if memory serves), 7200 RPM WD Black... Overall, I would presume this isn`t the issue, as it has been working before (also had that problem in the beginning upon release, but then it was fixed), Windows 8.1 Pro

No Mods used, repair has been done a couple of times before, so I again presume it is as fresh (everything else works splendid in any other module).

If there is a need for a track, i could provide that. Also, I guess I should add that I usually copy-paste "Input" folder (with keybindings) between 1.5 and 2.0. Albeit, unless there occurs a "red" keybinding, I reset it and recreate a new file (from ground, fresh). Unless that happens, I simply use the old one and update it. (With the last update for gazelle, I did a delete of Keyboard + Joystick folder in the gazelle input folder as I got that "red" keybinding issue, could this be a possible cause?)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]