New VR Settings for 2.5

Wags

You read and understand my post?

"Would it possible to include a setting to control which eye is used as output for the desktop render?"

This request is made in the hope pilots can configure their game to suit their eyesight, left or right eye predominance.

In a MiG-15 or ME109 with left eye dominance you're going to have to lean your head futher to the right.... Hope this clarifies.

Is that off-center Mig-15 gunsight meant to be looked through with only one eye? I'm cross eye dominant (left eye, right handed) and I shoot rifles with holographic sites right handed and right-eyed with no problem, it's something you can adapt around.

I'm keeping my hope up for Leap. There are hacks to have your hands appear as controllers in steam vr. Hopefully there is hope in using your hands in vr.

"It takes a big man to admit he is wrong...I'm not a big man" Chevy Chase, Fletch Lives

5800X3D - 64gb ram - RTX3080 - Windows 11

Preparing to use Oculus Touch controllers simultaneously with standard joysticks.

Oculus Touch should not be visible until it is used, and should be easily found by hand.

Modeled and printed the solution in the style of a cowboy weapon.

The solution also proved itself well in X-Plane 11 VR.

OTH01.jpg.2e8757f0243554b636d248c423c65dcd.jpg

OTH02.thumb.jpg.e4fbe5061fef0544e6ae33274307110e.jpg

OTH03.thumb.jpg.ce07a41a40180c46679cdbe4427b36bc.jpg

OTH04.jpg.2f4a2482649e11d13a0ab7497bee4db0.jpg

OTH05.jpg.5528301d952bacb174c0e16093d54da0.jpg

OTH07.thumb.jpg.a800d2007ec2170796d0727ed71c036c.jpg

Edited by ReviZorro
  • Like 1

I9-9900K@5000, Z370, 32Gb DDR4 3200, RTX 3090, Dell UP3216q

VPC MongoosT-50 CM2 Stick, Base (75+100 ext.) & Throttle, BRD KG-13B, adapted to use with Warthog connector, VKB MK20-3 Pro Pedals, 2 x Saitek Quadrant,

Pimax Vision 8K Plus + 2 HTC Bases + Index Controllers + DAS

A lot of 3D printed modifications for all above.

Ultimaker 2+; Hardlight Sirius

Preparing to use Oculus Touch controllers simultaneously with standard joysticks.

Oculus Touch should not be visible until it is used, and should be easily found by hand.

Modeled and printed the solution in the style of a cowboy weapon.

The solution also proved itself well in X-Plane 11 VR.

Very nice. How do you keep from rolling away from the desk when using your rudder pedals?

[OFF_TOPIC]

Very nice. How do you keep from rolling away from the desk when using your rudder pedals?

Сarpet pile securely keeps the chair wheels.

[/OFF_TOPIC]

Edited by ReviZorro

I9-9900K@5000, Z370, 32Gb DDR4 3200, RTX 3090, Dell UP3216q

VPC MongoosT-50 CM2 Stick, Base (75+100 ext.) & Throttle, BRD KG-13B, adapted to use with Warthog connector, VKB MK20-3 Pro Pedals, 2 x Saitek Quadrant,

Pimax Vision 8K Plus + 2 HTC Bases + Index Controllers + DAS

A lot of 3D printed modifications for all above.

Ultimaker 2+; Hardlight Sirius

You can also go with low tech solution. A gasket/flange from any hardware store

iq1EzVL.jpg

hsb

HW Spec in Spoiler

---

i7-10700K Direct-To-Die/OC'ed to 5.1GHz, MSI Z490 MB, 32GB DDR4 3200MHz, EVGA 2080 Ti FTW3, NVMe+SSD, Win 10 x64 Pro, MFG, Warthog, TM MFDs, Komodo Huey set, Rverbe G1

+1! The simplest solutions are the best. I used a rubber drawer liner folded in three to put under my rudder pedals and racing wheel pedals. Then I went to staples to replace my chair wheels with these:

https://www.staples.ca/en/staples-premium-chair-glides-5-pack/product_376596_1-CA_1_20001

Thanks Mango these look to be the perfect solution. Looking into getting as set.:thumbup:

ASUS Maximus X Hero; i7-8700K OC'd @ 5 Ghz; Zotac GeForce GTX 1080 AMP Extreme 8GB; 32GB G.Skill Trident Z DDR4 3200Mhz RAM; 500GB Samsung EVO 960 SSD; Warthog HOTAS; Saitek Pro Flight Rudder pedals; HP Reverb VR; Realtus Forcefeel Game Pad running on SimShaker for Aviators software. :thumbup:

Whats the "IPD Distance" thinger?

IPD in the optical industry means Interpupillary Distance, which is the distance between the center of each eye's pupil. When you move the oculus slider on the goggles, or the knob on the vive it moves the lenses to be narrower or wider apart, to match your eyes.

I'm not sure why DCS has a setting for that, as it's a physical property of your face geometry. My recommendation would be to change it to avoid confusion.

Oculus CV1, i7 4790k @ stock, gtx 1080ti @ stock, 32gb PC3-19200 @ 2.4ghz, warthog & saitek pedals, razer tartarus chroma.

IPD in the optical industry means Interpupillary Distance, which is the distance between the center of each eye's pupil. When you move the oculus slider on the goggles, or the knob on the vive it moves the lenses to be narrower or wider apart, to match your eyes.

I'm not sure why DCS has a setting for that, as it's a physical property of your face geometry. My recommendation would be to change it to avoid confusion.

In game, it alters your sense of scale. You can make the cockpit and environment larger or smaller.

The value for the IPD - what unit is it? The default in WAGS screenshot - 555 - doesn't really make sense. Only if it's some internal unit.

Has anyone tried this with some real world IPD of maybe 65mm?

German Squadron "Serious Uglies"

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Skyfire

Intel 10700K | SSD for system and DCS | 32 Gb RAM | Gigabyte Aorus RTX 3080 | HP Reverb G2

Other games call it world scale and such, which I think is a bit less confusing. In DCS VR settings, I think it refers to the IPD of the imaginary eyes/pupils that you are looking through in the virtual world. They need to be the same as your own real eyes, hence why some observed that the cockpits were too small, some observed the same cockpits were too large. I guess because the rift has a little knob to physically adjust the image in the headset to match your own IPD, the two get confused.

i7-7700K/Gigabyte RTX2080/Win10 64bit/32Gb RAM/Asus Xonar DX+Sennheiser HD380pro headphones/LG 34" UM65 @2560x1080/TM Warthog+VKB MkIV Rudder pedals/Rift CV1

I messed with it yesterday... It seems to only effect the UI.

Nvidia RTX3080 (HP Reverb), AMD 3800x

Asus Prime X570P, 64GB G-Skill RipJaw 3600

Saitek X-65F and Fanatec Club-Sport Pedals (Using VJoy and Gremlin to remap Throttle and Clutch into a Rudder axis)

I just got my hands on a HTC Vive. About to download and install DCS 2.5, maybe I'll start with a fresh install. Can't wait for the weekend to start trial of this!

Is there anything special I have to do to get the Vive working with DCS? Or does it just do it automatically given that SteamVR is started?

I messed with it yesterday... It seems to only effect the UI.

Go sit in the cockpit in an instant action mission, pause it, open your VR Options, and start tweaking it from 50 to 55 to 60.

You'll quickly see it doesn't just effect the UI layer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

VR Cockpit (link):

Custom Throttletek F/A-18C Throttle w/ Hall Sensors + Otto switches | Slaw Device RX Viper Pedals w/ Damper | VPC T-50 Base + 15cm Black Sahaj Extension + TM Hornet or Warthog Grip | Super Warthog Wheel Stand Pro | Steelcase Leap V2 + JetSeat SE

VR Rig:

Pimax 5K+ | ASUS ROG Strix 1080Ti | Intel i7-9700K | Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Master | Corsair H115i RGB Platinum | 32GB Corsair Vengeance Pro RGB 3200 | Dell U3415W Curved 3440x1440

Did someone managed to get the controllers working for Vive?

A friend reported his oculus touch work.. but my vive controllers are the same BS they were in 1.5.8. rotated in a wierd angle, 1st controller to be on is always the right hand and most of all cosmetic only

Just want to thank ED for adding Force IPD Distance, and Jabbers for pushing the matter ahead.

Total game changer for me. Now Im really inside the virtual world of DCS. Everything makes fully sense now. Distances, depth, heights, scale. Most noticeable when flying helo's. Oh wow, going from TIR to VR was already massive, but now with a adjusted game IPD, man, I feel like Im the unofficial World Champion in Helicoptering inside my own realm :D

No more this feeling

8306a927f228e3f173e62ba3d6d78d4e--car-wheels-mini-car.jpg

- Jack of many DCS modules, master of none.

- Personal wishlist: F-15A, F-4S Phantom II, JAS 39A Gripen, SAAB 35 Draken, F-104 Starfighter, Panavia Tornado IDS.

| Windows 11 | i5-12400 | 64Gb DDR4 | RTX 3080 | 2x M.2 | 27" 1440p | Rift CV1 | Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS | MFG Crosswind pedals |

Just want to thank ED for adding Force IPD Distance, and Jabbers for pushing the matter ahead.

Total game changer for me. Now Im really inside the virtual world of DCS. Everything makes fully sense now. Distances, depth, heights, scale. Most noticeable when flying helo's. Oh wow, going from TIR to VR was already massive, but now with a adjusted game IPD, man, I feel like Im the unofficial World Champion in Helicoptering inside my own realm :D

No more this feeling

https://i.pinimg.com/736x/83/06/a9/8306a927f228e3f173e62ba3d6d78d4e--car-wheels-mini-car.jpg

What value are you running?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

VR Cockpit (link):

Custom Throttletek F/A-18C Throttle w/ Hall Sensors + Otto switches | Slaw Device RX Viper Pedals w/ Damper | VPC T-50 Base + 15cm Black Sahaj Extension + TM Hornet or Warthog Grip | Super Warthog Wheel Stand Pro | Steelcase Leap V2 + JetSeat SE

VR Rig:

Pimax 5K+ | ASUS ROG Strix 1080Ti | Intel i7-9700K | Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Master | Corsair H115i RGB Platinum | 32GB Corsair Vengeance Pro RGB 3200 | Dell U3415W Curved 3440x1440

Don't know what my rift IPD is set at, but I messed around with the in game settings. I set my position while looking down at the seat and set it as if my game seat is in the same place as the cockpit seat.

Settled at 65 I believe. Before the Mirage cockpit seemed tiny but now looks.. comfortable. Haven't tested the A10 yet, but it usually looks HUGE.

I noticed the biggest change was how radio menus and the options page in cockpit look.

Did someone managed to get the controllers working for Vive?

A friend reported his oculus touch work.. but my vive controllers are the same BS they were in 1.5.8. rotated in a wierd angle, 1st controller to be on is always the right hand and most of all cosmetic only

Not working in the Vive.

I jumped into a Mi-8. Tried pushing buttons nothing works, the triggers on the Vive dont do squat. Same as 1.5.8.

met vriendelijke groet,

Михель

"умный, спортсмен, комсомолетс"

[sIGPIC]159th_pappavis.jpg[/sIGPIC]

[TABLE]SPECS: i9-9900K 32gigs RAM, Geforce 2070RTX, Creative XFi Fata1ity, TIR5, Valve Index & HP Reverb, HOTAS Warthog, Logitech G933 Headset, 10Tb storage.[/TABLE]

IMO if "Force IPD Distance" were renamed to "Force World Scale" it would be much more intuitive as to what it is I am adjusting.

Awesome to have control over this BTW!

Cheers

Edited by lobo**
Clarifi... er unmudification

Lobo's DCS A-10C Normal Checklist & Quick Reference Handbook current version 8D available here:

http://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/172905/