DCS World Patch Notes Discussion Thread

BIGNEWY

Great to see some fixes today, e.g. the radar in the F-5E, but sad to see no hot fix for the Spitfire LG light or the Hornet DDI and MFCD lighting.

Oh well, we have to be patient.

Intel i7 12700K · MSI Gaming X Trio RTX 4090 · ASUS ROG STRIX Z690-A Wi-Fi · MSI 32" MPG321UR QD · Samsung 970 500Gb M.2 NVMe · 2 x Samsung 850 Evo 1Tb · 2Tb HDD · 32Gb Corsair Vengance 3000MHz DDR4 · Windows 11 · Thrustmaster TPR Pedals · Tobii Eye Tracker 5 · Thrustmaster F/A-18 Hornet Grip · Virpil MongoosT-50CM3 Base · Virpil Throttle MT-50 CM3 · Virpil Alpha Prime Grip · Virpil Control Panel 2 · Thrustmaster F-16 MFDs · HTC Vive Pro 2 · Total Controls Multifunction Button Box

Today I opened my browser with the thought "ED probably just wanted to test us and have released an update today" and there it is rdlaugh.png

I'm glad we did get a hotfix, thanks for that ajmug.png

Missing out on a haze fog fix though, but the patch notes aren't complete if you haven't fired up DCS yourself after all pinkiepieexcited.png

That makes the HUD on the A/C that supposedly have been fixed already still unreadable if faced against the horizon derpyconfused.png

It's always been harder to see in that state, but it's much worse at least in BUNO 50321 THRU 50793.

Frankly, I’ll take broader (and I hope more “fully cooked”) updates less frequently over weekly slapdashery that often hurts more than it helps. Spacing out the updates will also allow the Devs to weed out the numerous Operator Errors and other manifestations of pure ignorance that always clog the pipeline after every update. It will also, I think, allow Wags to create feature previews which are more in depth because he won’t be racing to produce a video with only hours to spare before an update is released.

On ED’s part though, I expect them to respond to “game breaking” bugs in a timely manner and not let issues fester that could, in fact, be patched with a hot fix.

I think it's a good way if they separate content updates from actual fixes in a way like they just did today with the hotfix. Having a content update every 4 weeks is totally OK for me, but if things got broken, I'd very much appreciate to see a fix after a week still. If they didn't bring fixes with a 4-6 weeks release cycle, the whole point of Open Beta would be superfluous and jasonbirder might be waiting for another 4-6 months until he gets his Stable fix which again might not be that stable after all rainbowdashwink.png

edit: The armchair software engineer in me has even better idea: stable release every 2 months, beta every 2 weeks and hotfixes for beta as needed. This could reinstate the stable version as primary version on servers.

TBH I absolutely wouldn't mind getting the old 2 week cycle back. Worked rather well until the ditched it around the Viper release. Taking the idea further I'd propose:

Open Beta planned every 2 weeks

Stable planned every 2 months with the actual goal of having it less bugged than the beta, which would mean it's not just a certain OB build taken over after a week. To get there:

Last OB before planned Stable release is just for fixes, no content updates. So there's a whole month still that is just for fixing things so it can go to Stable in a decent state.

Example:

t - 6w: OB release with new features

t - 5w: Hotfix release because something went south

t - 4w: OB release with new features

t - 2w: OB release that is just fixes

t - 1.5w: Hotfix for something that got broken by another fix

t - 1w: More intense closed beta test phase begins to make sure the upcoming Stable release exactly is that

t: Stable release, jasonbirder happy icon_redface.gif

t + 0.5w: If he wasn't happy, give him a hotfix to his Stable branch before adding new content for the next OB. Probably the most important point BTW dealwithit.png

ok ED.. When did the ambient bird sounds get introduced?? Sat here in the f18 and i can hear the birds?? lol.. nice touch

I'm pretty sure those have been in there for ages, literally. Just depends on where you are, some places have them, others don't, but have other ambient sounds instead.

dcsdashie-hb-ed.jpg

I know it's false positive. Just saying my Romanian anti-virus doesn't like your (Swedish?) .dll

Can't anybody get along anymore?

The file D:\DCS World\_downloads\Mods\aircraft\AJS37\bin\AJS37.dll is infected with Gen:Variant.Ursu.840745 and was moved to quarantine. It is recommended that you run a System Scan to make sure your system is clean.

I know it's false positive. Just saying my Romanian anti-virus doesn't like your (Swedish?) .dll

Can't anybody get along anymore?

The file D:\DCS World\_downloads\Mods\aircraft\AJS37\bin\AJS37.dll is infected with Gen:Variant.Ursu.840745 and was moved to quarantine. It is recommended that you run a System Scan to make sure your system is clean.

You need to contact your antivirus software provider and they will analyze file and fix their software.

So... We getting anything this week?

So our thirsty appetites for new stuff is growing and word on getting something good this week by chance? Normally Wags would be pushing vid's out for any major things so not holding my breath to much but a guy can dream right. Something like oh I don't know Mav's for f16 or maybe even JSOW's. How about ILS alignment in the hornet or something so they not all waving at me while taxing down the runway in 30 seconds after startup LOL.

uh can we expect Vram leak fix?:megalol:

Every second patch. If squashed, it will pop up again in the next one icon_redface.gif

Although I haven't ran into major issues yet this time except for the Channel map being st®uck at a mere 7fps once.

dcsdashie-hb-ed.jpg

Every second patch. If squashed, it will pop up again in the next one icon_redface.gif

Although I haven't ran into major issues yet this time except for the Channel map being st®uck at a mere 7fps once.

The 7fps thing in channels map I can get that pretty regularly. It happens a lot with the f18 if you try it in there. Me thinks it maybe something with the AG radar cause it doesn't show anything on channels map. Possibly causing the issue I do get it flying the p47 as well though just not as bad.

The 7fps thing in channels map I can get that pretty regularly. It happens a lot with the f18 if you try it in there. Me thinks it maybe something with the AG radar cause it doesn't show anything on channels map. Possibly causing the issue I do get it flying the p47 as well though just not as bad.

AG radar is borked in channel, did manage to land on the CV while it was next to the pier in Dover. Backed in, so the approach is over the trees on the hill.

No FPS dings, though. Haven't run into this one yet.

• ED Team
AG radar is borked in channel, did manage to land on the CV while it was next to the pier in Dover. Backed in, so the approach is over the trees on the hill.

No FPS dings, though. Haven't run into this one yet.

A2G Radar layer has to be added to channel, will be in a future update.

thanks

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

I had it with a P-47 sitting in a hangar at Hawkinge. Then because of that I lowered my settings, restarted in pancake to see where I am at and I saw numbers close to 200. Back in VR, up to 90 on some occasions, but mostly 45. Went back to some higher settings, but not as much as it was before and it's still around 45 mostly. But TBH, I didn't fly the Channel map that much anymore after that and some Huey sight-seeing. The thing I noticed is that usually it's always that low in fps for the first two or three seconds when things still load up. It's just that it sometimes gets stuck there apparently.

dcsdashie-hb-ed.jpg

A2G Radar layer has to be added to channel, will be in a future update.

thanks

No worries; wasn't one of those "If you don't fix this RIGHT NOW I won't buy anything else from DCS unless you add something I haven't already bought yet" problems.

On the other hand, interesting to know that's a layer. Should have been obvious, but still interesting. How many AG radar sets are there on warbirds (besides the I-16 of course)?

No one word today about performance or fps fixes, specially in VR. Anything said about clouds improvement or other fixes. This is not good, ED, not good.

OPTIMIZE YOUR SIM PLEASE!!!

They pretty much said they are currently working on BUGFIXING and Optimizing until the next patch... what do you expect?

•shaking head in disbelief•

Shagrat

- Flying Sims since 1984 -:pilotfly:

Win 10 | i5 10600K@4.1GHz | 64GB | GeForce RTX 3090 - Asus VG34VQL1B  | TrackIR5 | Simshaker & Jetseat | VPForce Rhino Base & VIRPIL T50 CM2 Stick on 200mm curved extension | VIRPIL T50 CM2 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Plus/Apache64 Grip | MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals | WW Top Gun MIP | a hand made AHCP | 2x Elgato StreamDeck (Buttons galore)