DCS World Patch Notes Discussion Thread

BIGNEWY

Personally I haven't seen a large performance increase but that came already with a previous patch (for the 2.5.6 branch) I of course wouldn't mind more but I only have a 1060 6gb.

So far though the patch seems pretty solid. Havent encountered anything myself yet.

Edit: And oh yeah, the supercarrier fps still sucks as long as you have shadows enabled.

Edited by Etirion

Added support of DCS NS 430 Navigation System modules for C-101CC and C-101EB by AvioDev.

Why do you insist on not implementing this module to UH1?

FC3 | UH-1 | Mi-8 | A-10C II | F/A-18 | Ka-50 III | F-14 | F-16 | AH-64 Mi-24 | F-5 | F-15E| F-4| Tornado

Persian Gulf | Nevada | Syria | NS-430 | Supercarrier // Wishlist: CH-53 | UH-60

Youtube

MS FFB2 - TM Warthog - CH Pro Pedals - Trackir 5

Got a weird scary message about "32 unknown files" in "OpenBeta\_downloads". "which are not supposed to be there".

"Make sure your custom download folder does NOT interfere with your working folder ... otherwise you may loose your files"

Guessing this is debris from previous patches. But what are they even talking about?

Can I delete all contents of "OpenBeta\_downloads"?

Intel Core i7 3630QM @ 2.40GHz (Max Turbo Frequency 3.40 GHz) | 16.0GB Dual-Channel DDR3 @ 798MHz | 2047MB NVIDIA GeForce GT 635M | 447GB KINGSTON SA400S37480G (SATA-2 (SSD))

Deleted everything in "OpenBeta\_downloads". Ie torrent files. Seems to be working (famous last words)...

~

Successfully updated.

Intel Core i7 3630QM @ 2.40GHz (Max Turbo Frequency 3.40 GHz) | 16.0GB Dual-Channel DDR3 @ 798MHz | 2047MB NVIDIA GeForce GT 635M | 447GB KINGSTON SA400S37480G (SATA-2 (SSD))

seriously, its awesome in the mi-8. please ED.. however, i dont think the c101 patch note implies it will be a 3d model. not sure though

Edited by laertesson

Where would they put it?

You can use the popup window with it

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

http://www.Vcw13.com

Asus Z270 Prime-A | i7-7700k | 32G Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3200 | EVGA RTX 2080ti | 2x 960 EVO M.2 in RAID 0 | 500GB SSD | Thrustmaster Warthog | Pimax 5K Plus

https://www.youtube.com/c/OverKillSims

On a side note first, I tried to click some of the links in the changelog, most of them lead to classified space I'm not allowed to review. Is it supposed to be like that? Those links are kinda pointless if you mods go move the reports to some secretly hidden archives under strict formal regulations.

I was happy to see the cockpit being legibly lit in Wags' video last week, this module and the Huey have been a nightmare for years now unless I crank my gamma up to 2.8+ and I was hoping to be able to read the actual gauges again and not just flying the thing by emotions, but the lack of notes on that gets me. Might be one of those "no soup for you" items until a later update. At least the Huey has some fluorescent gauges, but the Mi-8 lacks any kind of cockpit lighting completely.

Kh-25ML missile not tracking laser - fixed.

Long time overdue, finally! ajmug.png

Parking brake handle update.

Cooling: radiator's thermostat.

Engine tweak.

Some nice and unspecific things that lets me hope twilightsmile.png

Launch bar switch flickers when controlled by VR gloves - fixed

That drove me nuts since the thing also keeps flipping back up all the time on keystrokes until try&error makes you win the match which I secretly hope also got fixed. Same for the Tomcat SAS switches, but that's another ballpark.

Corrected some cockpit sounds to properly go through headset source

Great to have that... hope the Harrier follows rainbowdashwink.png

They clearly stated they used last month for bugfixing.

So it took them 5 weeks to introduce 7 bug fixes on the Viper... one of which being "HUD too bright at night" - was OK for me, but I couldn't see the thing on daytime at all. No words on that however... what about the severely broken radar? The TGP moving steerpoints around? The almost illegible HUD and MFCDs?

Though the Hornet fix list seems to compensate for that, same team.

Same for performance issues...

And the ultra fog in Vee Or.

Taking a slower pace is good however if it increases the overall quality, but I still fail to see the major issues fixed after 5 weeks. Also this will throw aboard the whole roadmap. Hornet out of EA this year? Never gonna happen or it'll be severely incomplete at that point.

After a month of bugfixing I count 119 lines fixed bugs in DCS World and ED modules. Nick wrote about 3000 tracked bugs.

Surely the patch notes don't mention all the bugs that got fixed?

Found an answer on reddit:

500+ bugs fixed according to NineLine.

Less than a quarter on that list which includes 3rd parties mostly (which are not on ED's bugtracker!), so we can go search for the needles in the haystack again, aaas always. Some things never change, at least they did not use the extra time to write a complete log icon_redface.gif

The Mission Editor in particular, is now much more smoother, none of the annoying pauses that it used to have on the past few releases. thumbup.gif

Now you make me excited... the ME was a stutter fest for me ever since the 2.0 Alphas, with freezes up to 5 minutes even in the latest builds when just zooming in on the yet empty map. The thing was literally not usable without going to make another coffee multiple times. Changing a few things on a mission required taking a day off to say the least. It was severely horrible. Any improvement is very much appreciated!

Well, F-18 on Cold Start Stennis, shadows in flat: 150fps

Cold Start on Supercarrier: 45fps.

Next time maybe...

*cries in CV1* icon_cry.gif

Performance on the SC was rather OK for me in the beginning, but the subsequent quote-unquote fixes that came with the two _AFU_ patches which didn't get tested at all (which is why we had to wait longer now to get this one) killed it for me after the fact. And I haven't even been placing things on the thing...

dcsdashie-hb-ed.jpg

I was happy to see the cockpit being legibly lit in Wags' video last week, this module and the Huey have been a nightmare for years now unless I crank my gamma up to 2.8+ and I was hoping to be able to read the actual gauges again and not just flying the thing by emotions, but the lack of notes on that gets me. Might be one of those "no soup for you" items until a later update. At least the Huey has some fluorescent gauges, but the Mi-8 lacks any kind of cockpit lighting completely.

Check ur controls. pilot and copilot have red&white dome lights. All 3 crew members have brightness knobs for switches and instruments, and doppler system has its own light switches

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC] DCS: The most expensive free game you'll ever play

Modules: All of them

System:

I9-9900k, ROG Maximus , 32gb ram, RTX2070 Founder's Edition, t16000,hotas, pedals & cougar MFD, HP Reverb 1.2, HTC VIVE

Am I the only one having a drastic drop of FPS in VR again?

What is worse: when any mission starts, the FPS are completely unstable. If I try to look around, the image stutters and the frames drop to 18fps sometimes. Even sometimes I lost the image for a couple of seconds!!! This behaviour continues for at least 1 minute. Then, it seems to stabilize and I can look around again, but the image sutters a bit sometimes when I turn quickly my headset.

Early this same day I was flying my AV-8 without any problem. After the update I have many performance problems with the lost of FPS. In that same mission trying a vertical landing is a pain in the ass with the image stuttering.

For me this performance lost in the updates is me most concerning problem in DCS, not the clouds, or if this or that weapon is working (the game is so extend that having issue with a weapon is not a big deal, because you can employ other one of fly another aircraft meanwhile) or if the flow of the fuel when you have a pich of -10º and is monday morning is acurate or nor, or whatever other minor detail.

Sorry for the complains, I understood the great work behind the game and the fixes, but I believe the focus must be in this problem, the performance lost affects all the modules.

Very good performance (F18C) after the patch BigNewy, great job.

Witnessed a marked improvement also on MP server woth 50+ players. Very little lag.

No more issues with the DDIs on the Hornet as well.

Just flew a night mission and got to say, the lighting system is just amazing now. Cockpit flood lights look great.

All in all, seems very solid.

Gesendet von meinem SM-G973F mit Tapatalk

No, I noticed it as well. I flew the F-14, F/A-18 and F-16 tonight, and I have worse performance in all 3.

Spoiler

Ryzen 9 5900X | 64GB G.Skill TridentZ 3600 | Gigabyte RX6900XT | ASUS ROG Strix X570-E GAMING | Samsung 990Pro 2TB + 960Pro 1TB NMVe | HP Reverb G2
Pro Flight Trainer Puma | VIRPIL MT-50CM2+3 base / CM2 x2 grip with 200 mm S-curve extension + CM3 throttle + CP2/3 + FSSB R3L + VPC Rotor TCS Plus base with SharKa-50 grip mounted on Monstertech MFC-1 | TPR rudder pedals

OpenXR | PD 1.0 | 100% render resolution | DCS "HIGH" preset

Where would they put it?

You can use the popup window with it

there is a proper space at the co-pilot section.

FC3 | UH-1 | Mi-8 | A-10C II | F/A-18 | Ka-50 III | F-14 | F-16 | AH-64 Mi-24 | F-5 | F-15E| F-4| Tornado

Persian Gulf | Nevada | Syria | NS-430 | Supercarrier // Wishlist: CH-53 | UH-60

Youtube

MS FFB2 - TM Warthog - CH Pro Pedals - Trackir 5

Check ur controls. pilot and copilot have red&white dome lights. All 3 crew members have brightness knobs for switches and instruments, and doppler system has its own light switches

These are broken since 2.5.6 and additionally the "white" ones are labelled "red" as well. I used to turn the white ones up before and it worked rather well in 2.5.5, although I still was under the impression it was too dark, but well, this is DCS after all.

What is worse: when any mission starts, the FPS are completely unstable. If I try to look around, the image stutters and the frames drop to 18fps sometimes. Even sometimes I lost the image for a couple of seconds!!! This behaviour continues for at least 1 minute. Then, it seems to stabilize and I can look around again, but the image sutters a bit sometimes when I turn quickly my headset.

This has been around in some way since February, literally when 2.5.6 dropped. I get good rates since 49314, but only when not moving my head. If I do so, it drops at least by 1/3, mostly 1/2 and sometimes even like 2/3. Don't even have to turn around, translating / leaning suffices to get the fps crash. And that went into Stable...

Edited by Eldur

dcsdashie-hb-ed.jpg

These are broken since 2.5.6 and additionally the "white" ones are labelled "red" as well. I used to turn the white ones up before and it worked rather well in 2.5.5, although I still was under the impression it was too dark, but well, this is DCS after all.

perhaps in the current beta, but it would be inaccurate to say "since 2.5.6", I just fired up a night mission in the mi8 in 256 stable, and the lighting worked fine, legibly (thru my reverb) and according to the colors labelled on the switches

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC] DCS: The most expensive free game you'll ever play

Modules: All of them

System:

I9-9900k, ROG Maximus , 32gb ram, RTX2070 Founder's Edition, t16000,hotas, pedals & cougar MFD, HP Reverb 1.2, HTC VIVE

Lately playing online with the Rift I was averaging 22 FPS, MSAA 2X, AA 8X, preload 12000, after this latest patch MSAA 4X, AA 16X, 15000 preload and getting 45 FPS with very few dips. This is great, I can enjoy flying again.

Z790, 13700K, RTX4080, 32 gig RAM, Warthog,  WarBRD base , Virpil Pedals, Pico 4