DCS World Patch Notes Discussion Thread

BIGNEWY

1 minute ago, twistking said:

this gives me hope!

however, i think at one point it was so that both celestial bodys could be seen, but there was still that 1h delay between "switching" of the shadow-casting light source.
you'd see the moon up in the sky, but the ground would still be completely black and only after roughly 1h the moon would "switch on".

i hope it is fixed now, because otherwise, you are now aware of that issue and it will ruin your enjoyment of dusk/dawn flying 😉

thanks for testing it!!!

I fly in VR, and with the moon all the way up it's still pretty dark even on the Channel/Caucus maps covered with white snow.

I'm not sure how to verify the bug you mentioned since to get a better VR performance we need to do all these shader replacements hokie-pokie stuff.. 😄 

17 hours ago, St4rgun said:

because the head movement NEVER stutters.

Totally different experience here BTW. The head movement stutter and rubberbanding with the G2 is an utter nightmare on DCS. Silky smooth within the Steam Home environment, so it definately is not the tracking that effs it up. No problems with the CV1 though, but after having had the G2 on already, I'm basically full blind in the CV1.

Edit: Needless to say I suspect this being a WMR issue. I see the same shenanigans in those other sims, including theirs. MS really needs to get their ship together...

Edited by Eldur

dcsdashie-hb-ed.jpg

27 minutes ago, Eldur said:

Totally different experience here BTW. The head movement stutter and rubberbanding with the G2 is an utter nightmare on DCS. Silky smooth within the Steam Home environment, so it definately is not the tracking that effs it up. No problems with the CV1 though, but after having had the G2 on already, I'm basically full blind in the CV1.

Edit: Needless to say I suspect this being a WMR issue. I see the same shenanigans in those other sims, including theirs. MS really needs to get their ship together...

Don't forget the following:

• I only fly offline
  • SteamVR is forced to DX11
  • I'm using OpenVR FSR
  • no MSAA
  • I ALWAYS fresh reboot my PC before starting DCS. If I don't do that then the head movement can badly stutter.
  • Thanks 1
  • PC: 10700K | Gigabyte Z490 | Palit 3090 GamingPro | 32GB | Win10
  • HMD: HP Reverb G2 | OpenXR @ 120% | OpenXR Toolkit: exposure, brightness, saturation | DCS 2.9: DLAA with Sharpening 0.5 (no upscaling)
  • Controllers: VKB Gunfighter MkIII base & 200 mm curved extension center mounted + TM F16 Grip / MCG Pro Grip | TM TFRP

7 hours ago, Lurker said:

As usual the vocal minority always wins...

If that were only true we'd have had a fix for the missing-since-launch Syria kneeboard years ago. 🤨

I try to be a patient and understanding customer, but this issue is REALLY starting to #$@! me off now.

And now, back to your regular, scheduled Patch Note discussions.

Edited by Pizzicato
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

i7-7700K @ 4.9Ghz | 16Gb DDR4 @ 3200Mhz | MSI Z270 Gaming M7 | MSI GeForce GTX 1080ti Gaming X | Win 10 Home | Thrustmaster Warthog | MFG Crosswind pedals | Oculus Rift S

5 hours ago, Eldur said:

Might sound strange, but if i tab out and back into the game right at mission start my G2 head movement stutter is greatly reduced. After switching aircrafts i have to do it again though. No clue whats causing that behaviour.

• Thanks 1

1)  Asus ROG Strix Z690-A Gaming Wifi D4 / i9 13900K @ 5,5 Ghz / Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 64 GB DDR4 RAM @ 3200 Mhz / Asus ROG Strix RTX 4090 / 2 x 4 TB SSD Samsung 870 Evo / 2 x 1 TB M.2 SSD Samsung 980 Pro / Meta Quest Pro

2)  Asus ROG Strix Z490-E Gaming / i9 10900K @ 4,9 Ghz / G.Skill Trident Z RGB 32 GB DDR4 RAM @ 3200 Mhz / Asus ROG Strix RTX 3090 / 1 TB SSD Samsung 870 Evo / 500 GB M.2 SSD Samsung 980 Pro / HP Reverb G2

21 minutes ago, Nick_17 said:

Might sound strange, but if i tab out and back into the game right at mission start my G2 head movement stutter is greatly reduced. After switching aircrafts i have to do it again though. No clue whats causing that behaviour.

Try the fresh restarted PC method before starting DCS up.

• Like 2
  • PC: 10700K | Gigabyte Z490 | Palit 3090 GamingPro | 32GB | Win10
  • HMD: HP Reverb G2 | OpenXR @ 120% | OpenXR Toolkit: exposure, brightness, saturation | DCS 2.9: DLAA with Sharpening 0.5 (no upscaling)
  • Controllers: VKB Gunfighter MkIII base & 200 mm curved extension center mounted + TM F16 Grip / MCG Pro Grip | TM TFRP

Thank you ED, the sea is outstanding!!!

• Like 1

ROG Z690 Hero ● i9-12900K 5.5GHz ● Giggy RTX 3090 OC ● 32GB 4800MHz ● Firecuda M.2s ● Reverb G2 ● Win11Pro //// A10CII ● AH64D ● AJS37 ● AV8BNA ● C101 ● CEII ● F16C ● F5EII ● F86F ● FA18C ● FC3 ● I16 ● KA50 ● M2000C ● MI8 ● P47D ● SA342 ● SPIT ● UH1H ● Y52

20 hours ago, twistking said:

Did anyone test if ED also got rid of the hardcoded 1 hour delay between sunset and moonrise?
It used to be, that whatever date you set, after sunset there was 1h of delay between moon started "working". I am not sure if moonrise was hardcoded +1h after sunset, or if moon was already up, but not emitting any light. Anyway it was a major issue for many, many years that made transition between day and night very painful because of the 1h of pure blackness (same issue with setting moon and sunrise)...

I really hope they finally fixed this. Can't test for myself because i'm on stable...

That appears to still be the case. 

Here I have it set with the sun/moon indicator showing that the sun is below the horizon. Post-sunset. However, when entering the misison the sun is still above the horizon.  

If I advance 1 hour, it is night but there is no moon illumination despite the full moon. If I advance another hour, there will be illumination.

• Thanks 3

5 hours ago, Nealius said:

Here I have it set with the sun/moon indicator showing that the sun is below the horizon. Post-sunset. However, when entering the misison the sun is still above the horizon.  

If I advance 1 hour, it is night but there is no moon illumination despite the full moon. If I advance another hour, there will be illumination.

*sigh* thanks for checking.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, peachmonkey said:

ED, @NineLine, @BIGNEWY

wanted to thank you for the new water shaders. You guys knocked it out of the park. It is beautiful!

Agreed they are some lovely work ...  no more white doughnuts of wave

SYSTEM SPECS: Hardware Intel Corei7-12700KF @ 5.1/5.3p & 3.8e GHz, 64Gb RAM, 4090 FE, Dell S2716DG, Virpil T50CM3 Throttle, WinWIng Orion 2 & F-16EX + MFG Crosswinds V2, Varjo Aero
SOFTWARE: Microsoft Windows 11, VoiceAttack & VAICOM PRO

YOUTUBE CHANNEL: @speed-of-heat

1569924735_WildcardsBadgerFAASig.jpg.dbb8c2a337e37c2bfb12855f86d70fd5.jpg

On 10/21/2021 at 6:34 AM, Silver_Dragon said:

Towed artillery can be use on ME as artillery (on german and US forces) on ME without problem. Towed funtionality has on progress by ED to towed artillery, AAA and trailers.

Nice.Hope we get modern field artillery for American,Russian and other nations too.And that includes rocket arty like the Panzerwerfer for WWII.

Edited by Angelthunder
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, Nealius said:

Why do I have a sneaking suspicion that the calculations used for the indicator use a spherical model of the planet, but DCS' flat Earth model means it's inaccurate.

• Like 1

Modules I own: F-14A/B, Mi-24P, AV-8B N/A, AJS 37, F-5E-3, MiG-21bis, F-16CM, F/A-18C, Supercarrier, Mi-8MTV2, UH-1H, Mirage 2000C, FC3, MiG-15bis, Ka-50, A-10C (+ A-10C II), P-47D, P-51D, C-101, Yak-52, WWII Assets, CA, NS430, Hawk.

Terrains I own: South Atlantic, Syria, The Channel, SoH/PG, Marianas.

System:

GIGABYTE B650 AORUS ELITE AX, AMD Ryzen 5 7600, Corsair Vengeance DDR5-5200 32 GB, Western Digital Black SN850X 1 TB (DCS dedicated) & 2 TB NVMe SSDs, Corsair RM850X 850 W, NZXT H7 Flow, MSI G274CV.

Peripherals: VKB Gunfighter Mk.II w. MCG Pro, MFG Crosswind V3 Graphite, Logitech Extreme 3D Pro.

On 10/21/2021 at 9:13 AM, Uxi said:

F-14 bindings wiped out.  Was able to load my VKB stick fine but Virpil throttle is FUBAR with some bindings but not others...

Same here for my Warthog throttle.  I tried copying the diff files back but they don't work.  The show up in game but then you end up with the default binds as well as mine.

This is for the Tomcat and Viper.

4 hours ago, Northstar98 said:

Why do I have a sneaking suspicion that the calculations used for the indicator use a spherical model of the planet, but DCS' flat Earth model means it's inaccurate.

It isn't spherical? Illumination appears to replicate a spherical model, since you can take off in darkness and as you climb to altitude you get lit up by the sunset as if you wound back time.

3 hours ago, hasole said:

Same here for my Warthog throttle.  I tried copying the diff files back but they don't work.  The show up in game but then you end up with the default binds as well as mine.

This is for the Tomcat and Viper.

Any chance you are using oculus ? They added something for them, I noticed a guy on fb saying his controller schemes got changed as a result of that? 

SYSTEM SPECS: Hardware Intel Corei7-12700KF @ 5.1/5.3p & 3.8e GHz, 64Gb RAM, 4090 FE, Dell S2716DG, Virpil T50CM3 Throttle, WinWIng Orion 2 & F-16EX + MFG Crosswinds V2, Varjo Aero

1 hour ago, speed-of-heat said:

Any chance you are using oculus ? They added something for them, I noticed a guy on fb saying his controller schemes got changed as a result of that? 

No. I'm primarily on the monitor and sometimes wmr vr. It has been fine since maybe 2.5.6

3 hours ago, speed-of-heat said:

They put in the Oculus Touch controllers and they show up under axis.
Unaware of this, i jumped into the UH-1H, fired it up only to find that the collector didn't respond.
Into the controls section i saw a red exclamation mark on the collector input and also a Z-axis on the Touch controllers which was assigned for the collector (which is kinda weird because they don't had batteries in them so they should not show up).
Clearing the Touch controllers didn't solve the problem directly, only a restart of DCS after made it work again.
Weird thing is that, for the ones that i checked up to now, the Touch controllers didn't mess up any other aircraft.

Edited by Lange_666

Win11 Pro 64-bit, Ryzen 5800X3D, Corsair H115i, Gigabyte X570S UD, EVGA 3080Ti XC3 Ultra 12GB, 64 GB DDR4 G.Skill 3600. Monitors: LG 27GL850-B27 2560x1440 + Samsung SyncMaster 2443 1920x1200, HOTAS: Warthog with Virpil WarBRD base, MFG Crosswind combat pedals, TrackIR4, Rift-S.

Personal Wish List: A6 Intruder, Vietnam theater, decent ATC module, better VR performance!

I also had the same problem when they added wmr controllers as well, luckily I use joypro, so recreating the binds these days is trivial

Edited by speed-of-heat