Heatblur Update - Supersize Me & Public Roadmap

16 hours ago, TobiasA said:

A lot of countries flew it. 

Depends entirely on the version. F-4E: yes, a lot of countries flew it, and a few even flies it still. Any naval F-4: would not represent that in the least, and won't have as good multirole capabilities, and would be a huge damn shame if it'll be the only variant.

To sum up the possibilities and the what info we had before and recently:

- "Next gen" bit only means next generation of Heatblur quality experience, and has nothing to do with modernity of the aircraft. Confirmed by Heatblur somewhere, don't have the link now.

- Years ago, after Tomcat's release, they've said that the next module will use many of the tech they've built for Tomcat. This led people to think about multicrew, swing wing, a quirky and advanced radar's modelling etc. Though, an A-6 would still fit some of that.

- Heatblur keeps saying "as part of a larger roadmap", so the module probably fits some theme or theater.

In light of these (for me personally, very unfortunately) a naval F-4 looks fairly likely. Don't think there's another Naval aircraft Heatblur would do to fill out that Cold War USN theme they seem to be going for likely. It would also fit the idea of using the tech developed for tomcat: multicrew, old quirky radar, carrier ops. Though, Tomcat, and for all likelyhood the upcoming A-6 are more 80s-90s USN, and F-4 was largely a story of the past/relic in a few squadrons in USN by then.

If, USN theme is not the thing, and tech developed for Tomcat is still the cue to look for, F-111 could be a candidate. Throwing a curve ball, I think Heatblur had some connections in Poland too? So a swing wing in operation over there, the Su-22 could be a possibility, even if extremely low. Su-24 theoretically as well, as it fits swing wing, and complex old-school avionics buts, but even less likely.

I would love to say Draken, but that doesn't look likely to be, at least not the first new Heatblur module.

Things like Gripen, Super Hornet, EW aircraft etc: yeah, these ain't happening folks. Not right now at least.

So my semi educated guess is F-4, even though I really, really, reeeaally don't want it to be, unless it's either F-4E, or include both Naval ones as well as the E.

Now, a Pacific WW2 bird could be a possibility as well perhaps, but I personally find this not to be too likely. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Wishlist: F-4E Block 53 +, MiG-27K, Su-17M3 or M4, AH-1F or W circa 80s or early 90s, J35 Draken, Kfir C7, Mirage III/V

DCS-Dismounts Script

Agreed with the above. I have said from the start a naval F-4 (B,J,S) makes the most sense, especially given the new ships they are making and their experience with the Tomcat, multicrew and radar modeling. In many ways a Phantom would be a tad easier to do than the Tomcat even in the grand scheme of things. Now, the other jet could obviously be a F-111 to satisfy the AF peeps or yet another naval jet around the same era. It could also be literally anything. Still way too early to tell and speculate. I'll be pretty damn happy with a finished and feature complete Tomcat for many years to come. 😄 

Edited by Skysurfer
  • Like 4

9 minutes ago, Skysurfer said:

I'll be pretty damn happy with a finished and feature complete Tomcat for many years to come. 😄

Me too buddy.  Speculating on the next aircraft can be fun, but there is still a ton of work and fixes to do on the Tomcat and of course endless enjoyment to be had.  For me, my adventures with the Tomcat are only beginning, despite flying it since release.  

• Like 3

i5 7600K @4.8GHz | 1080 Ti | 32GB 3200MHz | SSD | DCS SETTINGS | "COCKPIT"

17 hours ago, WinterH said:

I would love to say Draken, but that doesn't look likely to be, at least not the first new Heatblur module.

Ditto.

Draken is by far my first choice. But, as you say, it is not looking likely. But hopefully not too far off. Plz?

• Like 2

On 5/17/2021 at 7:17 PM, xvii-Dietrich said:

Ditto.

Draken is by far my first choice. But, as you say, it is not looking likely. But hopefully not too far off. Plz?

If they make an A6 AI followed by a flyable A6,  my  bet is one of those future unnamed flyable modules will be a Draken. I just hope not the -35J.

The whole point is to have a Draken in its heyday (1960s-70s) so a -35D or -35F would be appropriate.

Wishlist: Tornado ADV/IDS, Blackburn Buccaneer, Super Mystère B2, Saab J 35 Draken,

On 5/23/2021 at 4:51 PM, Leviathan667 said:

If they make an A6 AI followed by a flyable A6,  my  bet is one of those future unnamed flyable modules will be a Draken. I just hope not the -35J.

The whole point is to have a Draken in its heyday (1960s-70s) so a -35D or -35F would be appropriate.

The 3D model they showed off were a mix of D and F/J versions so why not all three? 😎

• Like 1

i7-7700K @ 4.9 GHz | Gigabyte Aorus Geforce GTX 1080 Ti | 32 GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance @ 2400 MHz (2800 OC) | Asus Strix Z270E Gaming | Samsung 970 EVO M.2 SSD 1 TB | Samsung 960 EVO M.2 SSD 500 GB | WD NAS Red 2TB SATA3 | Corsair Cooling Hydro Series H80i v2 | Thrustmaster Hotas Warthog | Saitek PRO rudder pedals | Valve Index

15 minutes ago, frosen said:

The 3D model they showed off were a mix of D and F/J versions so why not all three? 😎

I concur!

Actually, I'd like all of them from the first -A short to the -J.

Wishlist: Tornado ADV/IDS, Blackburn Buccaneer, Super Mystère B2, Saab J 35 Draken,

It's worth noting that this is the group that announced they were working on an AI A-6, and some time later also said that, eventually, RealSoonNow in geologic terms, they will build a full fidelity A-6.

Oddly enough, that same company has said they were working on an AI Draken.  Does make a person wonder what next gen project(s) might be in the pipe...around the time the Pacific Ocean is narrower than the Atlantic, but RealSoonNow...

• 2 weeks later...

I didin't understandt the "trello" thing. Is this a board that will be updated when a update is available so we have to check it constantly?

FC3 | UH-1 | Mi-8 | A-10C II | F/A-18 | Ka-50 III | F-14 | F-16 | AH-64 Mi-24 | F-5 | F-15E| F-4| Tornado

Persian Gulf | Nevada | Syria | NS-430 | Supercarrier // Wishlist: CH-53 | UH-60

Youtube

MS FFB2 - TM Warthog - CH Pro Pedals - Trackir 5

On 5/26/2021 at 10:11 AM, Raisuli said:

This is so fake! 

Tom Cruise was NEVER that young (he's 15 days older and a whole lot nuttier than I).

Nah, he was an old man by Top Gun! 

Check "Risky Business" and "All the right moves" for young Cruise.

Oddly enough he doesn't seem to have aged at all since the first Mission Impossible... in 1996... 

At some point I fully expect him to reverse, and get younger, like Benjamin Button.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, ebabil said:

I didin't understandt the "trello" thing. Is this a board that will be updated when a update is available so we have to check it constantly?

No, it's just public development  status. What's coming in the future, what is on a To Do List/WIP and what has been released already.

• Like 1

🖥️ Win10  i7-10700KF  32GB  RTX3060   🥽 Rift S   🕹️ T16000M  TWCS  TFRP   ✈️ FC3  F-14A/B  F-15E   ⚙️ CA   🚢 SC   🌐 NTTR  PG  Syria

F-4J/N/S top of my want list asking with an SEA map, though was kinda hoping we'd see a North Sea map, too.

F-14D? 

• Like 2

Specs & Wishlist:

Core i9 9900k 5.0Ghz, Asus ROG Maximus XI Hero, 64GB G.Skill Trident 3600, Asus RoG Strix 3090 OC, 2TB x Samsung Evo 970 M.2 boot. Samsung Evo 860 storage, Coolermaster H500M, ML360R AIO

HP Reverb G2, Samsung Odyssey+ WMR; VKB Gunfighter 2, MCG Pro; Virpil T-50CM v3; Slaw RX Viper v2

14 hours ago, Uxi said:

F-4J/N/S top of my want list asking with an SEA map, though was kinda hoping we'd see a North Sea map, too.

F-14D? 

North Sea......i would be hoping for Norwegian Sea and Iceland, but that map is too big and too cold to even dream of....

• Like 1

Modules: FC3, Mirage 2000C, Harrier AV-8B NA, F-5, AJS-37 Viggen, F-14B, F-14A, Combined Arms, F/A-18C, F-16C, MiG-19P, F-86, MiG-15, FW-190A, Spitfire Mk IX, UH-1 Huey, Su-25, P-51PD, Caucasus map, Nevada map, Persian Gulf map, Marianas map, Syria Map, Super Carrier, Sinai map, Mosquito, P-51, AH-64 Apache

15 hours ago, Silver_Dragon said:

Problem about them. HB has none confirmed a dedicated Map team yet.

They once talked about having a new permanent office in Swinoujscie (Poland), that is supposed to work on maps, but I don't know what happened to it.

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

2 hours ago, QuiGon said:

They once talked about having a new permanent office in Swinoujscie (Poland), that is supposed to work on maps, but I don't know what happened to it.

Wasn't that in the Leatherneck days before the split? If so, I'd say it probably fell by the wayside, most likely anyway.

Wishlist: F-4E Block 53 +, MiG-27K, Su-17M3 or M4, AH-1F or W circa 80s or early 90s, J35 Draken, Kfir C7, Mirage III/V

DCS-Dismounts Script

45 minutes ago, WinterH said:

Wasn't that in the Leatherneck days before the split? If so, I'd say it probably fell by the wayside, most likely anyway.

The old Iwo Jima map was put on hold some years ago and LN has none confirm a restart. HB talk on the Viggen / Tomcat times about two maps, never has pass from a "plan".

Edited by Silver_Dragon

4 hours ago, WinterH said:

Yes, but when the split happened HB said, that this Poland team remained with HB. They were supposed to work on maps for the Tomcat and Viggen.

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

Tornado3 small.jpg

Yes, if i remember correct there should have been a scandinavian map for the Viggen after release?!
Is my memory correct? :)

Gesendet von meinem IN2023 mit Tapatalk

HW-Specs: Ryzen 5800x | Gigaybte RTX 3080 | 32Gb DDR4-4000 | 2x M.2 970Evo + SSDs| LG 34" 21:9

Peripherie: Thrustmaster Warthog Hotas (Slew-Mod + Nyogel) + MFG Crosswind Pedals | SimShaker Jetpad | HP Reverb G2

23 hours ago, Silver_Dragon said:

Problem about them. HB has none confirmed a dedicated Map team yet.

Oh i wasn't talking about HB, just about someone making such map in general. As much as i'd love it, i doubt anyone would make it.

Modules: FC3, Mirage 2000C, Harrier AV-8B NA, F-5, AJS-37 Viggen, F-14B, F-14A, Combined Arms, F/A-18C, F-16C, MiG-19P, F-86, MiG-15, FW-190A, Spitfire Mk IX, UH-1 Huey, Su-25, P-51PD, Caucasus map, Nevada map, Persian Gulf map, Marianas map, Syria Map, Super Carrier, Sinai map, Mosquito, P-51, AH-64 Apache

There were comments somewhere back in a thread from Cobra that there were no current plans for maps anymore. I can't recall if it was the running Viggen discussion re the AI Drakken or what but somewhere along the way I've seen comments that HB maps are not part of the roadmap anymore.

• Like 2

Heatblur Rivet Counting Squad™

VF-11 and VF-31 1988 [WIP]

VF-201 & VF-202 [WIP]

16 hours ago, easy_ci said:

Yes, if i remember correct there should have been a scandinavian map for the Viggen after release?!
Is my memory correct? 🙂

Check this thread for answers:

Tornado3 small.jpg