DCS Newsletter discussion 2nd September - DCS C-130J | FLIR is progressing | Open beta patch

BIGNEWY

• ED Team

DCS Newsletter discussion 2nd September - DCS C-130J | FLIR is progressing | Open beta patch

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

2 minutes ago, Bremspropeller said:

Eff me dead! Aw yiss! 🤩

Yeah! You called it!

So I love this game! Lets do it again!

So it seems, every two weeks we'll get a module announced, and every two weeks we get a map announced. 

So what map will be announced next Friday do you guys think, and what module in two weeks? 😉

• Like 5

I want the gunship included, if not, I will buy the version if it would be a standalone.

2-week would not be that long...

• Like 1

VR Flight Guy in PJ Pants -- this is how I fly. We do not fly at treetop height, we fly between trees(TM)

YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCc9BDi-STaqgWsjNiHbW0fA

My simple missions: https://forum.dcs.world/topic/284071-vr-flight-guy-in-pj-pants-simple-missions/

NSRI - National Strategy Research Institution, a fictional organisation based on wordplay of Strategic Naval Research Institution (SNRI), a fictional institution appears in Mobile Suit Gundam UC timeline.

I'm not sure if I'll buy it, probably on a sale (and only if there's a decent campaign for it), but I'm excited to see it developed. It's a 4-engine aircraft, with 5 crew stations, a cargo bay for dropping cargo and paratroopers, a tanker variant and maybe even an AC-130 at some point. The sheer number of core features needed for this would open up a lot of doors in DCS. This is gonna blaze a lot of trails, and for once, the devs won't have to spend months implementing yet another way to drop JDAMs.

Also, MOAB. 🙂 It's a Digital Combat Simulator, and that means I want a giant bomb to shove out of the back door. 🙂 

• Like 2

By the looks of it, the C130 must be in an advance state, being the subject of a teaser. I can't recall one aircraft that had the announcement of its birth alongside with a teaser on ED's YT channel. I am ready to throw my money at you Airplane Simulation Company!!!

There couldn’t be a more iconic heavy to start us with.

Bring it on. 

• Like 2

Wow!! That‘s beautiful news🤩 Though I‘m 100% dedicated to the rotary fraction, I think bringing an iconic and versatile Plane like the C-130 is a big win for DCS!!! This offer so much possibilities for us flightsim and aviation enthusiasts, and lifts DCS to new level as an eco-system as a whole I think!!! Congrats ED 👍

….and maybe just a note: there‘s an iconic rotary similar to the C-130 out there…..the Chinook😉

• Like 4

DCS MT 2.9.4.53707
Modules: UH-1H - SA342 - KA-50 BS3 - MI-24P - MI-8MTV2 - AH-64D - CH-47F(Preorder) - UH-60L(Mod) - A-10CII - F-16C - F/A-18C - FC3 -Combined Arms
 - Supercarrier - NTTR - Normandy2.0 - Persian Gulf - Syria - SA - Sinai - Afghanistan(Preorder) — Waiting for: OH-58D - BO-105 - AH-1G/F(Mod) - OH-6(Mod) - Kola  - Australia - Iraq

DCS-Client: 10900K, 64GB 3600, RTX3090, 500GB M2 NVMe(win10), 2TB M2 NVMe(DCS), VR VivePro2, PointCTRL, VaicomPro, Wacom Intuos S with VRK v2Beta

DCS-DServer: 11600KF, 32GB 3600, GTX1080, 1TB M2 NVMe(win10), 2TB M2 NVMe(DCSDServer), DCS Olympus

Simpit: NLR Flightsim Pro, TM Warthog Grip with 30cm Extension + Throttle, VPforce Rhino FFB, Komodo Pedals with Dampers, VPC Rotorplus+CBkit+AH-64D Grip, NLR HF8, Buttkicker (3*MiniConcert), TotalControls AH64D MPD‘s, TM 2*MFD‘s, Streamdecks (1*32,3*15,1*6), VPC CP#1

By the looks of it, the C130 must be in an advance state, being the subject of a teaser. I can't recall one aircraft that had the announcement of its birth alongside with a teaser on ED's YT channel. I am ready to throw my money at you Airplane Simulation Company!!!
There couldn’t be a more iconic heavy to start us with.
Bring it on. 
I was thinking the same, but I'm not surprised having tried the free version.

Sent from my MAR-LX1A using Tapatalk

Time to dust off the CH yoke and quadrant!

• Like 3

Laptop Pilot. Alienware X17, i9 11980HK 5.0GHz, 16GB RTX 3080, 64GB DDR4 3200MHz, NVMe SSD. 2x TM Warthog, Hornet grip, Virpil CM2 & TPR pedals, FSSB-R3, Cougar throttle, Viper pit WIP (XBox360 when traveling). Rift S.

NTTR, SoH, Syria, Sinai, Channel, South Atlantic, CA, Supercarrier, FC3, A-10CII, F-5, F-14, F-15E, F-16, F/A-18, F-86, Harrier, M2000, F1, Viggen, MiG-21, Yak-52, L-39, MB-339, CE2, Gazelle, Ka-50, Mi-8, Mi-24, Huey, Apache, Spitfire, Mossie.  Wishlist: Tornado, Jaguar, Buccaneer, F-117 and F-111.

Really a great announcement!!

vor 37 Minuten schrieb Gipsy:

The Eurofighter was also announced with a trailer at the time. I guess that most of what we have seen in the pictures and teaser so far are placeholders. So I think the development is not yet that far advanced

Edited by Germane
  • Like 2

10 minutes ago, Germane said:

Really a great announcement!!

The Eurofighter was also announced with a trailer at the time. I guess that most of what you have seen in the pictures and teasers so far are placeholders. So I think the development is not yet that far advanced

Yet they posted a different video on Insta where the plane is coming to life from inside, and it didnt looked like pure cgi like in the EF2000 one

• Like 1

Today is the happiest day in the world of DCS for me! It will be the best module! I will buy on the first day!

Edited by ThorBrasil
  • Like 3

|Motherboard|: Asus TUF Gaming X570-PLUS,

|WaterCooler|: Corsair H115i Pro,

|CPU|: AMD Ryzen 7 3800X,

|RAM|: Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB 3200MHz DDR4,

|SSD|: Kingston A2000 500GB M.2 NVMe,

|SSD|: Kingston 2.5´ 480GB UV400 SATA III,

|SSHD|: Seagate Híbrido 2TB 7200RPM SATA III,

|GPU|: MSI Gaming 980Ti,

|Monitor|: LG UltraWide 34UM68,

|Joystick 1|: Thrustmaster Hotas Warthog,

|Joystick 2|: T.Flight Rudder Pedals,

|Head Motion|: TrackIr 5.

This is perfect timing for the infantry improvements. I see you ED. Everything you doing is calculated.😉

• Like 1

i9 9900k @5.1GHz NZXT Kraken |Asus ROG Strix Z390 E-Gaming | Samsung NVMe m.2 970 Evo 1TB | LPX 64GB DDR4 3200MHz

EVGA RTX 3090 FTW3 Ultra | Reverb G1  | HOTAS Warthog | Saitek Flight Pedals