Huey wish list

ebabil

An RWR on the dash to match those antennas on the external model :music_whistling:

Intel 9600K@4.9GHz, Asus Z390, 32GB DDR4, EVGA RTX 3070, Custom Water Cooling, 970 EVO 1TB NVMe

34" UltraWide 3440x1440 Curved Monitor, 21" Touch Screen MFD monitor, TIR5

My Pit Build, VKB Gunfighter Pro w/WH Grip, TMWH Throttle, MFG Crosswinds W/Combat Pedals, Cougar MFDs, Custom A-10C panels, Custom Helo Collective, SimShaker with Transducer

Is there a way to change the exhaust to a short straight one instead of the angled up one? Our RNZAF UH1H's didnt have the pointy up one.

InWin S Frame with Asus Z170 | i7-6700K @ 4.5 Water Cooled CPU and Graphics | 16GB DDR4 | GTX1070 | 240GB M.2 SSD | Warthog Hotas | MFG Crosswind | 40" Samsung 4K | CV1 | Replica MB Mk10 Ejection Seat with Gametrix 908

Is there a way to change the exhaust to a short straight one instead of the angled up one? Our RNZAF UH1H's didnt have the pointy up one.

You can remove the exhaust IR suppressor in mission editor.

ON

4DEC6619B8F65835BCC65F4E6EE946356568DE95

Off

Screen_151027_180725.jpg

Edited by Penshoon

Otter

Autopilot not being a cheat.

Autopilot not being a cheat.

Hi everybody, I really like the Huey, it is the aircraft that brought me into DCS World, and I'd like to enjoy it even more. But, is this thread read by the authors of Huey, or is just something that we are talking each other?

Anyway, I'd like to see a few things implemented in the heli, the first one is autopilot not being a cheat, but maybe a simplification, or something like that. I've found the topic already mentioned in the forum somewhere, but I want to explain here better. The problem comes up in multiplayer, since many servers disable cheats, so the autopilot doesn't work anymore. I DO KNOW that the real heli doesn't have an autopilot, but IT DOES HAVE a real copilot, that can actually fly it. So, while both pilot and copilot are both alive, autopilot should be available. Currently you are instead left alone to the controls, and something really simple like changing a radio frequency, or any other action on the panels, becomes really difficult, more difficult than in real life. One must use lots of keyboard/joystick mapped commands, vanishing the clickable cockpit.

The second wish in the list would be having more zoom on the copilot view, like in the pilot view.

something really simple like changing a radio frequency, or any other action on the panels, becomes really difficult, more difficult than in real life. One must use lots of keyboard/joystick mapped commands, vanishing the clickable cockpit.

I'm playing devils advocate here, but I can fly the Huey and change frequencies just fine via the clickable cockpit. A well trimmed Huey is more than stable enough to maintain a heading +- a few degrees, maintain altitude +- a few feet, and maintain airspeed +- a few knots, for the few seconds it takes dial up a new freq.

That said, it would be nice if AP was usable in MP servers simply to be able to throw it into an orbit around in the AO and man a door gun :gun_rifle:

A well trimmed Huey is more than stable enough

I see your point, and you are right in general. But I have a modified joystick without springs, so I don't have a real center like many helis (for both X/Y and rudder), so nothing to trim. Unfortunately I don't have any friction either, so if I leave the joystick it moves, requiring constant control looking at the horizon (real or artificial). Keeping the hand firm and stable without looking is very difficult, it's extremely easy to introduce a small change in attitude, that becomes quickly quite relevant. So, few seconds looking away are enough to loose control.

So to me lots of things are difficult, even looking around, or long operations (adjusting ADF frequency, or just any operation in night fly when you have night goggles, or radio navigation, etc..). I can do them, but it is very demanding, doing things in small steps. Or changing pilot/copilot view, but unfortunately copilot view doesn't have enough zoom (as I pointed in the previous post) so it is also difficult in this way.

As I said, you are almost left alone in the cockpit, but copilot can do a lot of things in real life, not just reading the check list. In this aspect I feel that piloting is more difficult than in real life.

I don't know how this work for the other helis (Mi-8, Gazzelle), but if they actually have autopilot I thing the life is easier in their cockpits.

(Besides that, I'm thinking about buying another normal joystick with springs, flying without center is more difficult on planes)

A well trimmed Huey is more than stable enough....

not to read MDC, search landmarks on the F10-Map, navigate properly...

From TC1-211, Army Training Manual UH1:

"The P will select and announce radio frequencies and will monitor radios and ATC information not monitored by the P*."

(P*= Pilot on the Controls, P=Pilot not on the Controls)

As long as the Guy on the left seat in DCS can't take his hands off the controls, his minimum task is to fly the chopper while i'm perform his job.

• 2 weeks later...

My biggest wish?

A few words from BST. Looks like their forgot our old lady.

Then, in order:

- engine limits/damage

- Multicrew for easyer education of rookie pilots.

- Cargo-Cam for VR/ better: Cargo Mirrors

- line drops

- winch/ basket operation

- a co announcing wind direction

- a "hover over Cargo" Soundfile. (Better: a cargo-officer or a Co that announces "forward, backwards, left, right".) just like in RL.

Or a longer Rope, so that i can see the cargo when i lean out of the left window in VR.

Hope is still alive! But, after all this posts with not the smallest "beep" from BST, i'm with Fox Moulder: "I want to believe"....

Sorry for my English.

Mattes

• Like 1

My biggest wish?

A few words from BST. Looks like their forgot our old lady.

Then, in order:

- engine limits/damage

- Multicrew for easyer education of rookie pilots.

- Cargo-Cam for VR/ better: Cargo Mirrors

- line drops

- winch/ basket operation

- a co announcing wind direction

- a "hover over Cargo" Soundfile. (Better: a cargo-officer or a Co that announces "forward, backwards, left, right".) just like in RL.

Or a longer Rope, so that i can see the cargo when i lean out of the left window in VR.

Hope is still alive! But, after all this posts with not the smallest "beep" from BST, i'm with Fox Moulder: "I want to believe"....

Sorry for my English.

Mattes

^ +1

Win10, Intel 3rd Gen. Core i7 3.8Ghz, 20GB ram, Nvidia Geforce 1060 6GB Opentrack (Download it from HERE), PS3 Eye, Saitek x52-pro Joystick,

DIY Rudder Pedals,

Google Cardboard with DCS World

English is not my native language

• 2 weeks later...
Multi Crew!!

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

^this

Shagrat

- Flying Sims since 1984 -:pilotfly:

Win 10 | i5 10600K@4.1GHz | 64GB | GeForce RTX 3090 - Asus VG34VQL1B  | TrackIR5 | Simshaker & Jetseat | VPForce Rhino Base & VIRPIL T50 CM2 Stick on 200mm curved extension | VIRPIL T50 CM2 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Plus/Apache64 Grip | MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals | WW Top Gun MIP | a hand made AHCP | 2x Elgato StreamDeck (Buttons galore)

Ok, I think this have been asked before, but also I think we never got a official answer, so here's my question.

- Will Belsimtek please give the players the option to erase the hardpoints whilecarrying the door gunners? Vietnam slicks were used this way and they didn't carried those bulky and ugly hardpoints. We can now erase the hardpoints so we know it's possible but Belsimtek put the hardpoints on place again If we have the gunners. Sounds like a small thing to add, and hope Belsimtek can give it a go.

The second request is a eye candy one, and is adding a static 3d soldier squad once you're carrying troops on the back. It doesn't need any animation neither for load/unload or while being carried, simple a static bunch of soldiers waiting to be flown somewhere. It has been done by YAP in SF2 and the results are great. Is only eye candy but the immersion will benefit a lot from it, and immersion is what separate great games from sims you will always remember.

Couple of pics.

ID02a_zpsgr5nceia.jpg

ID01a.jpg

I don't understand anything in russian except Davai Davai!

• 2 weeks later...

Before getting anymore into cosmetics it would be nice if they'd finally get engine limitations implemented. I'm sure most know that as of now, you can fly the huey as hard as you want without hurting the engine.

I9 9900k @ 5ghz water cooled, 32gb ram, GTX 2080ti, 1tb M.2, 2tb hdd, 1000 watt psu TrackIR 5, TM Warthog Stick and Throttle, CH Pedals