DCS: Spitfire Mk LF IXc Discussion

Yo-Yo

Any recent news on how the Spitfire is coming along? Seems to have gone quiet.

Anyone know how long it has been in development now?

System :-

i7-12700K 3.6 GHz 12 core, ASUS ROG Strix Z690-A Gaming, 64GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 3200MHz, 24GB Asus ROG Strix Geforce RTX 3090, 1x 500GB Samsung 980 PRO M.2, 1x 2TB Samsung 980 PRO M.2, Corsair 1000W RMx Series Modular 80 Plus Gold PSU, Windows 10. VIRPIL VPC WarBRD Base with HOTAS Warthog Stick and Warthog Throttle, VIRPIL ACE Interceptor Pedals, VIRPIL VPC Rotor TCS Plus Base with a Hawk-60 Grip, HP Reverb G2.

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Was in the news not long ago. External model in testing. Working in cockpit integration and FM. Will be the next WW2 module (Before P-47).

Ahh.......thanks zionid. I didnt know that info. Must have been said on one of wags's streams? and I missed it.

i7-12700K 3.6 GHz 12 core, ASUS ROG Strix Z690-A Gaming, 64GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 3200MHz, 24GB Asus ROG Strix Geforce RTX 3090, 1x 500GB Samsung 980 PRO M.2, 1x 2TB Samsung 980 PRO M.2, Corsair 1000W RMx Series Modular 80 Plus Gold PSU, Windows 10. VIRPIL VPC WarBRD Base with HOTAS Warthog Stick and Warthog Throttle, VIRPIL ACE Interceptor Pedals, VIRPIL VPC Rotor TCS Plus Base with a Hawk-60 Grip, HP Reverb G2.

done by ED, see HERE

EDIT:

Mk.IX -> ED

Mk.XIV? -> VEAO

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

"There's nothing to be gained by second guessing yourself.

You can't remake the past, so look ahead... or risk being left behind."

Noli Timere Messorem

"No matter how fast light travels, it finds the darkness has always been there first, and is waiting for it."

Terry Pratchett

Will the Spitefire require a full scale joystick and does this mean it will be useless trying to fly it without one? I know they obviously want to make it as realistic as possible, but most people don't have a full scale flight stick. Couldn't they alter the controls to make it realistic with a normal stick or is this something you can you do yourself in the config?

I think it's going to be difficult enough trying to learn all the gauges and stuff, without making it difficult to fly without a full joystick.

Edit: I just heard of an extension you can get for the Warthog Joystick, but where in the UnitedKingdom can you get this? Also, what size extension would you suggest I get? Thanks!

Edited by joebloggs

Will the Spitefire require a full scale joystick and does this mean it will be useless trying to fly it without one? I know they obviously want to make it as realistic as possible, but most people don't have a full scale flight stick. Couldn't they alter the controls to make it realistic with a normal stick or is this something you can you do yourself in the config?

I think it's going to be difficult enough trying to learn all the gauges and stuff, without making it difficult to fly without a full joystick.

Edit: I just heard of an extension you can get for the Warthog Joystick, but where in the UnitedKingdom can you get this? Also, what size extension would you suggest I get? Thanks!

You know you can change axis sensitivity and curvature setting is the game options? It won't feel that accurate but you can still make easier not to stall with with your hand twitch.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]In 21st century there is only war and ponies.

My experience: Jane's attack squadron, IL2 for couple of years, War Thunder and DCS.

My channel:

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyAXX9rAX_Sqdc0IKJuv6dA

You know you can change axis sensitivity and curvature setting is the game options? It won't feel that accurate but you can still make easier not to stall with with your hand twitch.

Yeah, but I don't want it been a nightmare to fly if I can't get it accurate enough using these settings. Now I'm thinking I may need an extension to the Hotas Warhog, but I can't seem to find a place that sells them in the UnitedKingdom.

Yeah, but I don't want it been a nightmare to fly if I can't get it accurate enough using these settings. Now I'm thinking I may need an extension to the Hotas Warhog, but I can't seem to find a place that sells them in the UnitedKingdom.

See wassy100's thread here http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=121242

I have the 80mm one on my Warthog stick and it fits and works a treat, can't recommend it highly enough.

Hope this helps........

So there's just no mention of DCS ww2 in latest video update at all?

What's going on here?

Given the frequency of these videos now, you can't expect news on everything each time. News will arrive when there is something to tell. He did mention the Spitfire though and said progress was good if I remember correctly.

[sIGPIC]sigpic67951_1.gif[/sIGPIC]

Given the frequency of these videos now, you can't expect news on everything each time. News will arrive when there is something to tell. He did mention the Spitfire though and said progress was good if I remember correctly.

Correct. No mention of the "Jug" thou. Is supposed to come before the spit.

Specs: i7-4790K @4.00 ghz, EVGA 2080ti , 16GB ram, Samsung 512GB SSD x2.

Gear: Virpil Alpha stick with Mongoos T-50CM2 throttle, Combat-Pro flight pedals, Track ir 5 & Reverb G2

They said the Spitfire passed it sometime back...

Two planes I'm eagerly awaiting. Win-Win situation.

:clap_2::clap_2:

Specs: i7-4790K @4.00 ghz, EVGA 2080ti , 16GB ram, Samsung 512GB SSD x2.

Gear: Virpil Alpha stick with Mongoos T-50CM2 throttle, Combat-Pro flight pedals, Track ir 5 & Reverb G2

• 2 weeks later...

Just found this on you tube........

Good colour footage of Spitfire Mk IX's - some have clipped wings as our version will have. It looks like Burma?

Enjoy. :)

If it was Burma, the Spit would have SEAC RAF roundels, there would be no B-17s around as they never flew there and the Mustangs would not sport the Mediterranean paintcheme :D.

Great footage though!

i7 9700K @ stock speed, single GTX1070, 32 gigs of RAM, TH Warthog, MFG Crosswind, Win10.

• 2 weeks later...

Purely speculating here but... It seems ED is focusing now on getting the L-39 and 1.5 ready for release by the end of September, which is approaching, rapidly. After that focus will likely shift to getting the features polished and NTTR blocking issues taken care of for a projected release of 2.0 and NTTR Alpha by the end of the year. It's likely we won't hear much news about the Spitfire (or even P-47) until after 2.0 and NTTR are in the hands of the public. Not to say that there isn't progress being made, I think the last update we got from Matt on the Spitfire was that code was being written, not much to show. Probably Q1 2016 for a more cumulative update. Just my guess.

i7 7700K | 32GB RAM | GTX 1080Ti | Rift CV1 | TM Warthog | Win 10

"There will always be people with a false sense of entitlement.

You can want it, you can ask for it, but you don't automatically deserve it. "

a question. ED Maintain the tentative date to 2015 or moving the Spitfire Mk.IX (as P-39) to 2016?

P-39? Did I miss something? I never saw an Aircobra on the list of planes ...:huh:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]In 21st century there is only war and ponies.

My experience: Jane's attack squadron, IL2 for couple of years, War Thunder and DCS.

My channel:

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyAXX9rAX_Sqdc0IKJuv6dA

Purely speculating here but... It seems ED is focusing now on getting the L-39 and 1.5 ready for release by the end of September, which is approaching, rapidly. After that focus will likely shift to getting the features polished and NTTR blocking issues taken care of for a projected release of 2.0 and NTTR Alpha by the end of the year. It's likely we won't hear much news about the Spitfire (or even P-47) until after 2.0 and NTTR are in the hands of the public. Not to say that there isn't progress being made, I think the last update we got from Matt on the Spitfire was that code was being written, not much to show. Probably Q1 2016 for a more cumulative update. Just my guess.

I wonder where the F18 fits into this equation. Likely it will coincide with the SOH map? Probably makes sense

Cooler Master HAF XB EVO , ASUS P8Z77-V, i7-3770K @ 4.6GHz, Noctua AC, 32GB Corsair Vengeance Pro, EVGA 1080TI 11GB, 2 Samsung 840 Pro 540GB SSDs Raid 0, 1TB HDD, EVGA SuperNOVA 1300W PS, G930 Wireless SS Headset, TrackIR5/Wireless Proclip, TM Warthog, Saitek Pro Combat Pedals, 75" Samsung 4K QLED, HP Reverb G2, Win 10