Community A-4E

Sorry, no words, condolences to his family.

Rest In Peace and clear skies

MainMenulogo.png.6e3b585a30c5c1ba684bc2d91f3e37f0.png

ACER Predator Orion 9000: W10H | Intel i9-7900X OC@4.5Ghz | 8x16GB Crucial Ballistix Sport | Sapphire GTX1080TI | Intel 900P 480GB | Intel 600P 256GB | HP EX950 1TB | Seagate Firecuda 2TB

ACER Predator XB281HK: 28" TN G-SYNC 4K@60hz

ThrustMaster Warthog Hotas, TPR, MFD Cougar Pack, HP Reverb Pro

I shall make a conscious effort to remember Gos every time I see the A-4 in DCS.

harrier landing GIFRYZEN 7 3700X Running at 4.35 GHz

NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080Ti

32gb DDR4 RAM @3200 MHz

Oculus CV1 NvME 970 EVO

TM Warthog Stick & Throttle plus 11" extension. VKB T-Rudder MKIV

As many of you have already heard, regular poster, commenter and all around great guy Eric "Gos" Mudama passed away on Friday. It goes without saying that for the Community A-4E team, Gos will be utterly impossible to replace. He was consistently the coal-shoveler that had kept us all working when collective steam ran out, pushed our members to never settle for a first draft and always aimed to do what were capable of. Gos’ coding skills, research, ability to communicate with people in and outside of our team, attention to detail and commitment to historical accuracy have all been instrumental in bringing the A-4 module to life, and his passion for aviation was clearly demonstrated in all aspects of the process. He was also a smart dude, a good friend and respected colleague, and more - far beyond our small corner of aviation enthusiasm.

When we release this module, it is safe to say we will find a way to dedicate it to Gos' memory. We've reached out to his family for how we might be best able to harness that energy. The team is still working out the details of how to proceed and will let you know once we know more. For the time being, please take this as our montly update.

Eric’s obituary can be found here should you wish to leave a note: http://www.ahlbergfuneralchapel.com/book-of-memories/3430105/Mudama-Eric/obituary.php

His name at least deserves to be stenciled onto the side of the fuselage near canopy.

System 1:

Windows 10 Pro 22H2 Build 19045.4123 - Core i7 3770K/Gigabyte GA-Z68XP-UD3 (BIOS F-10)/32GB G-Skill Trident X DDR3 CL7-8-8-24/Asus RTX 2070 OC 8GB - drivers 551.61/LG Blue Ray DL Burner/1TB Crucial MX 500 SSD/(x2)1TBMushkinRAWSSDs/2TB PNY CS900 SSD/Corsair RM750w PSU/Rosewill Mid Challenger Tower/34" LG LED Ultrawide 2560x1080p/Saitek X56 HOTAS/TrackIR 5 Pro/Thermaltake Tt esports Commander Gear Combo/Oculus Quest 2/TM 2xMFD Cougar/InateckPCIeUSB3.2KU5211-R

System 2:

Windows 11 Home 23H2 22631.3447 - MSI Codex Series R2 B14NUC7-095US - i7 14700F/MSI Pro B760 VC Wifi/32GB DDR5 5600mhz RAM/RTX 4060/2TB nVME SSD/4TB 2.5in SSD/650w Gold PSU

As many of you have already heard, regular poster, commenter and all around great guy Eric "Gos" Mudama passed away on Friday. It goes without saying that for the Community A-4E team, Gos will be utterly impossible to replace. He was consistently the coal-shoveler that had kept us all working when collective steam ran out, pushed our members to never settle for a first draft and always aimed to do what were capable of. Gos’ coding skills, research, ability to communicate with people in and outside of our team, attention to detail and commitment to historical accuracy have all been instrumental in bringing the A-4 module to life, and his passion for aviation was clearly demonstrated in all aspects of the process. He was also a smart dude, a good friend and respected colleague, and more - far beyond our small corner of aviation enthusiasm.

When we release this module, it is safe to say we will find a way to dedicate it to Gos' memory. We've reached out to his family for how we might be best able to harness that energy. The team is still working out the details of how to proceed and will let you know once we know more. For the time being, please take this as our montly update.

Eric’s obituary can be found here should you wish to leave a note: http://www.ahlbergfuneralchapel.com/book-of-memories/3430105/Mudama-Eric/obituary.php

Thanks for the Update Merker.

Well, that's a very nice approach to kinda dedicate that Module in favour of Gos' and to keep him in Memory. He obviously was a great guy.

Although least important atm, Im happy to hear that the Community A4 will make it to the finish line.

All the Best to you Guys.

Intel I7 - 10700 K @ 3,80GHz / 64 GB DDR3 / RTX 3090 / Win 10 Home 64 bit / Logitech X56 HOTAS / HP Reverb G2  

Running DCS on latest OB version 

I am so saddened by this news, my condolences to Gospadins family..

Is there any way this community can help out? Does the family need

assistance in any way? I will gladly contribute to any fund as I am half a world away.

If the A4 is released could we donate?

spud.

• Like 1

I am so saddened by this news, my condolences to Gospadins family..

Is there any way this community can help out? Does the family need

assistance in any way? I will gladly contribute to any fund as I am half a world away.

If the A4 is released could we donate?

spud.

That is a good way of helping and rewarding x

I just had this idea I thought of sharing. Maybe we could make the A-4 a paid module, and whatever funds are used in buying the aircraft can go to aid Gos in anyway he needs?

My condolences to him and his family

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Planes: FC3, P-51, F-86, F-5E, Mirage 2000, F/A-18, F-14, F-16, Mig-19P :joystick:

ED pls gib A-4 and F-4 :cry:

Ok, it was just a thought

I think just setup a donation pot for his family, I know I'd definitely donate to say thanks for his work once the A-4 is out.

Proud owner of:

PointCTRL VR : Finger Trackers for VR -- Real Simulator : FSSB R3L Force Sensing Stick. -- Deltasim : Force Sensor WH Slew Upgrade -- Mach3Ti Ring : Real Flown Mach 3 SR-71 Titanium, made into an amazing ring.

My Fathers Aviation Memoirs: 50 Years of Flying Fun - From Hunter to Spitfire and back again.

I think just setup a donation pot for his family, I know I'd definitely donate to say thanks for his work once the A-4 is out.

His wife has recommended donations in his honor to http://www.angelflightwest.org/ should you wish to do so.

Angel Flight West is a nonprofit, volunteer-driven organization that arranges free, non-emergency air travel for children and adults with serious medical conditions and other compelling needs.

this is the last of day of the month. it is the news date that we always wait impatiently.

you will be missed Gos :(

FC3 | UH-1 | Mi-8 | A-10C II | F/A-18 | Ka-50 III | F-14 | F-16 | AH-64 Mi-24 | F-5 | F-15E| F-4| Tornado

Persian Gulf | Nevada | Syria | NS-430 | Supercarrier // Wishlist: CH-53 | UH-60

Youtube

MS FFB2 - TM Warthog - CH Pro Pedals - Trackir 5

this is the last of day of the month. it is the news date that we always wait impatiently.

you will be missed Gos :(

I believe that they said that with the passing of Gos, they would not have any more project information for February. They'll need time to sort and decide as to the future of the A-4 module.

I believe that they said that with the passing of Gos, they would not have any more project information for February. They'll need time to sort and decide as to the future of the A-4 module.
I guess he meant that Gos was the face to the community. The one who posted the "monthly updates" and kept the strings together. Thus with the end of the month everybody will "feel" the loss, not so much because of the information missing, but the nice guy who was presenting them.

To the community Gos was more or less the "face of the A-4E Skyhawk Community Project" ...and I do not mean to degrade the efforts and contributions of the rest of the team, on the contrary. But Eric will be a terrible loss and one of the things by which everyone will notice it, is the monthly update. :(

Shagrat

- Flying Sims since 1984 -:pilotfly:

Win 10 | i5 10600K@4.1GHz | 64GB | GeForce RTX 3090 - Asus VG34VQL1B  | TrackIR5 | Simshaker & Jetseat | VPForce Rhino Base & VIRPIL T50 CM2 Stick on 200mm curved extension | VIRPIL T50 CM2 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Plus/Apache64 Grip | MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals | WW Top Gun MIP | a hand made AHCP | 2x Elgato StreamDeck (Buttons galore)

I'm sorry all, but indeed we will not have another update until at least the end of March. Gos was a professional coder, and so a lot of update-worthy work came out of him. I'm an amateur modeler and thus am slower to get things done. We will eventually have progress to show, but for now I think its a bit hard given the circumstances. I apologize for the delay, I know a lot of people are looking forward to this plane and, likewise, we look forward to handing it over to all of you.

All things in time, I promise it will not die.

Former A-4E-C 3D Artist

Logo Credit to Plusnine

All of us understand that the passing of Gos is more than just a matter of us missing out on having the plane sooner. The community is deeply saddened by his unexpected passing, and I can't imagine what it must be like for his family, and also for the devs who worked closely with him. We'll happily do what we can to help in any fashion, and patiently wait for any news, we are owed nothing.

Thank you Merker!

~Rob

• 3 weeks later...

April 2018 Update

Hello all,

First, I just want to thank you one last time for your support following Eric’s (Gos) passing. You’ve all been so kind to us and it’s been heartwarming to see all of your stories and anecdotes of his time in our community.

Concerning the A-4, we are indeed continuing development. I made a small write-up of some of the events in the past few months of development on reddit, which can be found here. The short story of it is that all of our schedules are very demanding, and finding time to put into this project can be difficult. Gos was a professional software engineer, and he completed his work far faster than the rest of us. This is the reason for any shortage of content in the coming months in comparison to prior months. Nevertheless, we continue the path forward as we had all planned together, Gos included.

This month and the previous month, for which there was no content update, saw what I would consider to be good progress. As of last Sunday, March 25, I completed the final unwrap of all existing cockpit models (!) and can now proceed with the final models for the cockpit. This includes the redux of the fire-suppressing liner in the cockpit which was previously a part of the cockpit, but must be redone due to changes in the sides of the cockpit. I strongly feel that this addition really brings the claustrophobia of the cockpit to life within DCS.

Additionally, today I managed to get our AI carrier takeoffs and landings fixed. This had been a bug for several months and prevented the AI from doing either. Take a look at the landing and takeoff pictures below!

YZonmvg.png

jR8SnyA.png

Our goals for next month will be the completion of the liner model and its unwrap, as well as finishing the textures for the newly unwrapped cockpit parts. Stretch goals will include exterior lighting fixes as well as adjustments to the interior lighting. I cannot estimate a percentage completion for this project; however, I am gaining strong confidence in my projected release window. Our current mindset is to have an aircraft that looks good on the inside and out, and with minimal bugs. Once we have reached that point, we will be in a position to release.

Before I go, I’d like to share a few screenshots we’ve gathered of the exterior to hold you off until next month. Thanks again!

K4vK9QE.png

7vEUVFa.png

Edited by Merker

Former A-4E-C 3D Artist

Logo Credit to Plusnine