DCS Carrier Discussion

Airhunter

At the end, it listed the first 3 carriers in the Roosevelt sub-class, but not CVN-74, our already beloved, and yes smaller, John C. Stennis and CVN-75. ;)

Are there still plans to have all 5 in that class as part of the Supercarrier package and the latter two added in development or will it just be the first three, since CVN-74 is already in DCS World?

Edited by Steve Gee
Speling :)

"These are NOT 1 to 1 replicas of the real aircraft, there are countless compromises made on each of them" - Senior ED Member

Modules - Damn near all of them (no Christian Eagle or Yak)

System - i7-12700K, 64Gig DDR4 3200 RAM, RTX-3080, 3 32" monitors at 5760 x 1080, default settings of High (minor tweaks)

My biggest question is are the crew interactive?

If you're off to one side on approach to a catapult, do they correct your alignment with hand signals or is it just a static animation that's played regardless of your position?

That shouldn't be too difficult as Flight Sim has had it for quite some time with the GSX Ground crew marshalling you to the gate.

What will/would be cool is if the ground crew reacts to our inputs. So when they signal wings spread which I believe I saw, we spread, then launch bar down etc. Also, on landing will they signal hook up, fold wings, etc, and marshal us to an empty parking spot?? :pilotfly::joystick:

Edited by LTRMcrew
atrocious spelling

Yep, totally blown away by this. :thumbup:

When ED say they'll do something, they totally go all the way - plus the extra mile!

PC: AMD Ryzen 9 5950X | MSI Suprim GeForce 3090 TI | ASUS Prime X570-P | 128GB DDR4 3600 RAM | 2TB Samsung 870 EVO SSD | Win10 Pro 64bit

Gear: HP Reverb G2 | JetPad FSE | VKB Gunfighter Pro Mk.III w/ MCG Ultimate

VKBNA_LOGO_SM.png

VKBcontrollers.com

Beautiful...Nice work GA...

Bring it!

Would be great if next week’s Newsletter announces “The Super Carrier Module Preorder is available at the ED Store!”

+1

Excellent Christmas present to myself:thumbup:

Spoiler:

MSI Z790 Carbon WIFI, i9 14900KF, 64GB DDR4, MSI RTX 4090, Thrustmaster Warthog Throttle, VKB Gunfighter Ultimate MCG Pro w/200mm Extension, Winwing Orion Rudder Pedals W/damper, UTC MK II Pro, Virpil TCS Plus Collective, Dell AW3418DW Gsync monitor, 970 Pro M2 1TB (for DCS), Playseat Air Force Seat, KW-980 Jetseat, Vaicom Pro, 3X TM Cougar with Lilliput 8" screens. Tek Creations panels and controllers.

That shouldn't be too difficult as Flight Sim has had it for quite some time with the GSX Ground crew martialling you to the gate.

What will/would be cool is if the ground crew reacts to our inputs. So when they signal wings spread which I believe I saw, we spread, then launch bar down etc. Also, on landing will they signal hook up, fold wings, etc, and marshal us to an empty parking spot?? :pilotfly::joystick:

I'm hoping it's a fully interactive crew, having stages of the taxi/align/hookup/launch sequence you go through before the shot.

My main one is the guy telling me where to stop to hook up to the catapult. Too many times, I've gone past that point. THAT alone will be worth the super dent Supercarrier will probably put in my monthly gaming budget when it comes out.

:D

"These are NOT 1 to 1 replicas of the real aircraft, there are countless compromises made on each of them" - Senior ED Member

System - i7-12700K, 64Gig DDR4 3200 RAM, RTX-3080, 3 32" monitors at 5760 x 1080, default settings of High (minor tweaks)

Was amazed to be fair - more excited about this module than any other release in the last 12 months

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

DCS & BMS

F14B | AV-8B | F15E | F18C | F16C | F5 | F86 | A10C | JF17 | Viggen |Mirage 2000 | F1 |  L-39 | C101 | Mig15 | Mig21 | Mig29 | SU27 | SU33 | F15C | AH64 | MI8 | Mi24 | Huey | KA50 | Gazelle | P47 | P51 | BF109 | FW190A/D | Spitfire | Mossie | CA | Persian Gulf | Nevada | Normandy | Channel | Syria | South Atlantic | Sinai 

Liquid Cooled ROG 690 13700K @ 5.9Ghz | RTX3090 FTW Ultra | 64GB DDR4 3600 MHz | 2x2TB SSD m2 Samsung 980/990 | Pimax Crystal/Reverb G2 | MFG Crosswinds | Virpil T50/CM3 | Winwing & Cougar MFD's | Buddyfox UFC | Winwing TOP & CP | Jetseat

Great work ED, looks awesome!

i9-9900k, Asus ROG Strix Z390-3, 32GB DDR4-3000, MSI GeForce RTX 2080 Ti, 2TB Samsung 860 Evo SSD| Reverb G2| Custom Simpit- A variety of grips (TM/Virpil) on floor mounted TM Base, WinWing Super Tauris Throttles, Virpil Collective, TM Pedals, TM MFDs

Paid Module Wishlist: AH-64A, T-38, B-1B, U-2, MH-60 Pavehawk, A-10A

Map Wishlist: NAS Oceana (w/Norfolk and Expansive Ocean), Korea (Modern), Cuba, Columbia

Ai Wishlist: Ships, SOF infantry, SOF Vehicles, AH/MH-6, P8, 

At the end, it listed the first 3 carriers in the Roosevelt sub-class, but not CVN-74, our already beloved, and yes smaller, John C. Stennis and CVN-75. ;)

Are there still plans to have all 5 in that class as part of the Supercarrier package and the latter two added in development or will it just be the first three, since CVN-74 is already in DCS World?

well when you look at the lables of the yellow shirts of the second part you'll see "CVN-74"

and the LSO plat cam shows C 74 which means CVN-74 iirc.

the carrier in the 1st half of the clip is the CVN-71 though.

well when you look at the lables of the yellow shirts of the second part you'll see "CVN-74"

and the LSO plat cam shows C 74 which means CVN-74 iirc.

the carrier in the 1st half of the clip is the CVN-71 though.

The Module will be CVN71, CVN-72 and CVN-73.

Textures, Models, and Features are WIP, Big Bold Red Text in the opening of the Video.

That being said, most cinematic videos are not shot in one sitting, its edited from dozens of sessions.

Windows 10 Pro, Ryzen 2700X @ 4.6Ghz, 32GB DDR4-3200 GSkill (F4-3200C16D-16GTZR x2),

ASRock X470 Taichi Ultimate, XFX RX6800XT Merc 310 (RX-68XTALFD9)

3x ASUS VS248HP + Oculus HMD, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS + MFDs

Hello Ed. Just dropped my jaw at the DCS Carrier video you released lately. Best rendering ever of an aircraft carrier in a sim. :thumbup: Maybe in a future release we'll also get this?

:music_whistling:

yeah, and you can play each deck crew member in DCS with a camera like "Just dance" on a PlayStation4?! :megalol:

Hey everyone,

I wonder if after a few months/years after the supercarrier release, ED would be able to create a less detailed spin-off of that module for land based aircraft. The crew chief marshalling you in/out of the apron spot, flight controls check and a couple ground crew removing pins and chocks.

As was said previously, it would had some life on the airport apron.

yeah, and you can play each deck crew member in DCS with a camera like "Just dance" on a PlayStation4?! :megalol:

:lookaround:Hmmm OK, well I was thinking more of deck operations for choppers with the same guys giving us instructions to line up and land on the deck (can be done also for helicopter carriers like Tarawa).

:lookaround:Hmmm OK, well I was thinking more of deck operations for choppers with the same guys giving us instructions to line up and land on the deck (can be done also for helicopter carriers like Tarawa).

:D I'm sorry. Emotions overwhelmed me.

So what about those moves:

How to Air Marshall the British way, by Dance!!!

you may start at 1min28s ;)

Edited by Tom Kazansky

The Module will be CVN71, CVN-72 and CVN-73....

Answers that question, thank you sir. Always wondered why including CVN-74 was needed and initially included, since it was already in DCS World.

So probably the last good fps are lost in VR ? ....

Considering the fact that I usually operate from totally empty carrier decks, this sure is a valid concern icon_redface.gif

I wonder how this would be enforced.

I don't, This is so amazing, I can't imagine anyone doing carrier ops not getting this module for real.

But to get to that point, when it first came up, I suggested that the crew would say no if you call for mother's and yell at you if you don't obey and land anyway. And ofc, no R&R, no cat shots. You'd just be taken to the ramp and have to select a new plane then. Would be the most realistic way to handle this. Basically, with the module, you'd get the permissions. I mean, some airboss yelling the hell outta you (I want some butts, I want them now!) is the perfect ad, isn't it? rdlaugh.png

I just mötleycrüed the hood.

Twice biggrin.gif

When can I throw my money at the shop?

This ^^

My neighbours were listening to Mötley Crüe while I watched that trailer dealwithit.png

With all these hand signals happening around you, wouldn't it be nice if VR controls were available to interact with the crews with your own hand signals.noexpression.gif

BTW, anyone knows of any work being done in that direction... anywhere?

I hope so... but the hand controler thing as a whole still needs quite some work anyway as there still are some issues, especially the right one constantly triggering things without using the grip key and not having a flashlight functionality as with the mouse.

I'm hoping it's a fully interactive crew, having stages of the taxi/align/hookup/launch sequence you go through before the shot.

You missed the startup procedure, as can be seen here:

I want that guy in DCS ajmug.png

amazing how much "life" is added to DCS by those awesome crew animations. version could be called DCS 3.0 just because of those.

Absolutely! icon_exclaim.gif

dcsdashie-hb-ed.jpg

Looks nice, but I'll hold my breath to see if they actually manage to fix all the various current "issues" like the plane sliding on the deck in MP or spawning problems on various other carriers as well. But eye candy wise it looks nice, hopefully its not a slide show in VR.

Edited by Harlikwin

New hotness: I7 9700k 4.8ghz, 32gb ddr4, 2080ti, :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, HP Reverb (formermly CV1)

Old-N-busted: i7 4720HQ ~3.5GHZ, +32GB DDR3 + Nvidia GTX980m (4GB VRAM) :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, Rift CV1 (yes really).

That being said, most cinematic videos are not shot in one sitting, its edited from dozens of sessions.
Same with TV series. I have the King of Queens box set and there are some hilarious inconsistencies you notice if you watch episodes enough times. But I digress. :)

What are the key differences between the various CVNs that are modelled? I don't really know much variance there is in the Nimitz class carriers, so I'm curious about what to expect.

(I apologise if this has already been covered somewhere, but this is a looooong thread now)

i7-7700K @ 4.9Ghz | 16Gb DDR4 @ 3200Mhz | MSI Z270 Gaming M7 | MSI GeForce GTX 1080ti Gaming X | Win 10 Home | Thrustmaster Warthog | MFG Crosswind pedals | Oculus Rift S

You missed the startup procedure, as can be seen here:

If I read it right, the only animated crew with be for launches....the rest is static crew at least for EA.

That would be a huge bummer if animated crew weren’t implemented for everything for the final release.....something like an option screen for mission builders so they can designate what cats are in use that way in game you can have animated start crew at you parking spot, animated crew directing you to the active cat and so on.......

Can anyone comment if this is supposed to happen for the final product (animated crew for more than just launch)?

i9-9900k, Asus ROG Strix Z390-3, 32GB DDR4-3000, MSI GeForce RTX 2080 Ti, 2TB Samsung 860 Evo SSD| Reverb G2| Custom Simpit- A variety of grips (TM/Virpil) on floor mounted TM Base, WinWing Super Tauris Throttles, Virpil Collective, TM Pedals, TM MFDs

Paid Module Wishlist: AH-64A, T-38, B-1B, U-2, MH-60 Pavehawk, A-10A

Map Wishlist: NAS Oceana (w/Norfolk and Expansive Ocean), Korea (Modern), Cuba, Columbia

Ai Wishlist: Ships, SOF infantry, SOF Vehicles, AH/MH-6, P8, 

If I read it right, the only animated crew with be for launches....the rest is static crew at least for EA.

That would be a huge bummer if animated crew weren’t implemented for everything for the final release.....something like an option screen for mission builders so they can designate what cats are in use that way in game you can have animated start crew at you parking spot, animated crew directing you to the active cat and so on.......

Can anyone comment if this is supposed to happen for the final product (animated crew for more than just launch)?

Ugh. It can take a long time to go from cold and dark to Kenny Loggins on a carrier. I'd much rather start up and be first in line for the closest cat.

Edited by Raisuli