DCS World Patch Notes Discussion Thread

BIGNEWY

8 minutes ago, Rick50 said:

Redneck nuke?

Slim Pickens' next ride?

Fresh water resevoir for extra long missions?

Piddle pack x-tra large? 

have you never heard of putting the bomb in the barrel ... 

SYSTEM SPECS: Hardware Intel Corei7-12700KF @ 5.1/5.3p & 3.8e GHz, 64Gb RAM, 4090 FE, Dell S2716DG, Virpil T50CM3 Throttle, WinWIng Orion 2 & F-16EX + MFG Crosswinds V2, Varjo Aero
SOFTWARE: Microsoft Windows 11, VoiceAttack & VAICOM PRO

YOUTUBE CHANNEL: @speed-of-heat

1569924735_WildcardsBadgerFAASig.jpg.dbb8c2a337e37c2bfb12855f86d70fd5.jpg

That is the preferred method.

🇺🇦  SLAVA UKRAINI  🇺🇦

MoBo - ASUS 990FX R2 Sabertooth,     CPU - AMD FX 9590 @4.7Gb. No OC
RAM - GSkill RipJaws DDR3 32 Gb @2133 MHZ,   GPU - EVGA GeForce GTX 1660Ti 6Gb DDR5 OC'd, Core 180MHz, Memory 800MHz
Game drive - Samsung 980 M.2 EVO 1Tb SSD,    OS Drive - 860 EVO 500Gb SATA SSD, Win10 Pro 22H2

Controls - Thrustmaster T-Flight HOTAS X,   Monitor - LG 32" 1920 X 1080,   PSU - Prestige ATX-PR800W PSU

11 hours ago, Glow said:

Ello. Awesome 2.7 update! Good Job EDs!

Some other little things that bother me, not related to clouds.

(1)

No more access to db_countries.lua ? The file is encrypted now... why? 

I had my own mod for slower experience progres with ranks and better looking medals for Poland.

I can however change medals graphics - thank you for that, 'cos those medals that was add just look terrible.

No access to names - all are incorrect.

Polish medals levels/progression is incorrect.

(2)

No more scores in event list in de-briefing window after mission.

I use those actually. Why those was removed? Total score is still there, why no score at the event list?

Also, I used db_countries.lua to add the SH3-w for use as a Rescue Helo form the SC, even though the model is old, I have a skin that makes it look not too bad.

I seem to remember something about ED adding it back to the list and also the SH60B was supposed to be brought up to date.

P8e4H8M.jpg

• Like 1

🇺🇦  SLAVA UKRAINI  🇺🇦

MoBo - ASUS 990FX R2 Sabertooth,     CPU - AMD FX 9590 @4.7Gb. No OC
RAM - GSkill RipJaws DDR3 32 Gb @2133 MHZ,   GPU - EVGA GeForce GTX 1660Ti 6Gb DDR5 OC'd, Core 180MHz, Memory 800MHz
Game drive - Samsung 980 M.2 EVO 1Tb SSD,    OS Drive - 860 EVO 500Gb SATA SSD, Win10 Pro 22H2

Controls - Thrustmaster T-Flight HOTAS X,   Monitor - LG 32" 1920 X 1080,   PSU - Prestige ATX-PR800W PSU

Ultra clouds setting? is this what their supposed to look like?

ultraclouds12.jpg

ultraclouds1.jpg

" any failure you meet, is never a defeat; merely a set up for a greater come back, "  W Forbes

"Success is not final, failure is not fatal, it is the courage to continue that counts,"  Winston Churchill

" He who never changes his mind, never changes anything," 

MSI z690MPG DDR4 || i914900k|| ddr4-64gb PC3200 || MSI RTX 4070Ti|Game1300w|Win10x64| |turtle beach elite pro 5.1|| ViRpiL,T50cm2|| MFG Crosswinds|| VT50CM-plus rotor Throttle || G10 RGB EVGA Keyboard/MouseLogitech || PiMax Crystal VR || 32 Samsung||

8 minutes ago, 71st_Mastiff said:

Ultra clouds setting? is this what their supposed to look like?

ultraclouds12.jpg

ultraclouds1.jpg

That's what mine look like  😞

Ryzen 7 5800X3D | 64GB DDR4 3600| MSI RTX 4080 16GB Ventus 3X OC  | Samsung 970 Evo 2TB NVME | HP Reverb G2 | DIY Head Tracker Cap | Logitech X-56 throttle | VKB NXT Premium |  Win 11

"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic."

--Arthur C Clark

14 hours ago, Hoirtel said:

Some initial 2.7 feedback from a VR user (Oculus Quest 2). Overall great job ED! performance has clearly improved for VR. It seems like you have incorporated some sort of VR rendering change similar to the VR shader mod. I personally never got on with this mod visually, but it did add performance. Its is great that we now have a "proper" version and its all a win as far as I can see.

Some improvements has been done, like now the VR view is shaped by the optical viewing capability. So instead large rectangular screens being rendered, it is now oval shaped areas. Clipping these corners and all, has good possibility to cut even 15-30% of the wasted rendering process as you can't see them anyways. You can see the effect on the reprojection but that doesn't matter as the VR view does.

Clouds look good, I have seen the reports of them looking soft to people, I think I see what they mean but this may be a bit more subjective. Perhaps some refining for the future but I can enjoy them as they are. They do jitter, I know you are on it. The clouds certainly seem to have little impact on fps.

That is my primary visual glitch that whole cloud layer jumps up/down. The shimmering in horizon is not so bad but constant feeling that world jumps around is. So expected soon to be fixed.

The only negative I have see is the lighting. Not sure if this has been raised elsewhere but the lighting in the cockpit doesn't look as good as previously. In 2.5 I couldn't have the shadows off as the cockpits seemed to unnaturally glow in the footwells and around the control column, switches etc. I used to use low which stopped this with the minimum performance impact. I now see this glow on all shadow settings and seems a step back in term of realism. In the f18 its almost as if there are lights underneath the seat and side panels. This lighting feedback might be another subjective area and maybe others disagree.

Have you disabled the VR option for bloom? Get a video of the light sources so it could get fixed.

i7-8700k, 32GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 2x 2080S SLI 8GB, Oculus Rift S.

i7-8700k, 16GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 1080Ti 11GB, 27" 4K, 65" HDR 4K.

New triggers: PICTURE TO ALL, etc.

This is cool, maybe would be possible to add animated GIFs, maybe even links to YouTube videos in briefing and via triggers.

A small picture in a corner, msg menu would be fine too. Covering all the screen in wrong time, could be irritating.

I'm not sure we have a possibility to add images and files to the kneeboard via triggers. That could be helpful for building long story scenarios.

PICTURE TO ALL

• Like 1

Hi Aviators,

after some tests I have decided to rollback to version 2.5.6.61527.3. DCS 2.7 is a great update without doubt. The new clouds, the new lighting and all the other improvements are amazing but for me there are too many bugs and performance issues at the moment.

1. Virtual Super Resolution doesn't work. No matter what resolution I choose in DCS it ever runs with the nativ resolution of Windows. I use VSR to improve the picture quality so I can reduce the ingame MSAA settings. Ingame SSAA isn't an alternative because it has a much higher fps impact than VSR.

2. Starting and Ending DCS 2.7 tooks much more time than DCS 2.5.6

3. In DCS 2.5.6 a frame rate of 45 fps in a virtual resolution of 2560x1440 is much smoother than a frame rate of 55 fps in native resolution of 1920x1080 in DCS 2.7 (there are a lot of jiggling, tested on Caucasus map in the forested mountains and on Syria map around Haifa).

So I will wait until ED has optimized DCS 2.7 and fixed all the minor and major bugs. Nethertheless I want to say this update is a great work by the ED team. I am looking forward to the improvements and future updates (especially the graphics engine update).

Best regards,
Rene

ASUS ROG Strix B450-F Gaming, AMD Ryzen 3800X, 64 GB Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4-3000, ASUS TUF Gaming Radeon RX 6800 XT, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 NVMe 250 GB (OS), Samsung 970 EVO M.2 NVMe 1 TB (DCS World), Gigabyte G27QC Gaming Monitor, DelanClip Gamer, WINWING F-16EX Metal Flightstick with Orion2 Joystick Base, WINWING F-15EX II Metal Throttle with Orion2 Throttle Base, WINWING PTO 2 Take Off Panel, VIRPIL Controls Ace Flight Pedals, Buddy-Fox A-10C UFC, Thrustmaster MFD Cougar Pack, Windows 10 Pro

3 hours ago, Fri13 said:

Have you disabled the VR option for bloom? Get a video of the light sources so it could get fixed.

I had that before from 2.5. What I was referring to was the texture glow and unnatural light/shadows inside the cockpits. However its seems that the "illuminate cockpit" checkbox might be working the other way around and so when I next get a chance I will turn this on and apparently that will un-illuminate the cockpit.

Edited by Hoirtel

I will say this about the clouds in VR. I don't know if the ones simply added to the default missions are "dumbed down", but if you add the right set from the mission editor they are closer to what I expected to see. They look great.

They still do the dancing jitter, but it is less noticeable when flying over them. And the lighting on the ground through breaks in the clouds is awesome.

DCS 2021-04-16 01-45-46.png

• Like 10

Ryzen 7 5800X3D | 64GB DDR4 3600| MSI RTX 4080 16GB Ventus 3X OC  | Samsung 970 Evo 2TB NVME | HP Reverb G2 | DIY Head Tracker Cap | Logitech X-56 throttle | VKB NXT Premium |  Win 11

--Arthur C Clark

Absolutely bang on these clouds. Just need to fix the antialiasing issue and the cloud wobble effect and it’ll be pretty much perfect! Good job ED...

• Like 4

i7 8700k @ 5.0ghz. Strix GTX1080Ti. 32GB RAM @ 3600. 2x Hyper X SSD’s with DCS on one. Oculus Rift S. Asus PG278-QR. Liquid Series PC with liquid CPU and GPU cooling.

Screenshots in VR now have a circle around them....

Specs & Wishlist:

Core i9 9900k 5.0Ghz, Asus ROG Maximus XI Hero, 64GB G.Skill Trident 3600, Asus RoG Strix 3090 OC, 2TB x Samsung Evo 970 M.2 boot. Samsung Evo 860 storage, Coolermaster H500M, ML360R AIO

HP Reverb G2, Samsung Odyssey+ WMR; VKB Gunfighter 2, MCG Pro; Virpil T-50CM v3; Slaw RX Viper v2

12 hours ago, rayrayblues said:

Also, I used db_countries.lua to add the SH3-w for use as a Rescue Helo form the SC, even though the model is old, I have a skin that makes it look not too bad.

I seem to remember something about ED adding it back to the list and also the SH60B was supposed to be brought up to date.

P8e4H8M.jpg

i have created a bug db_countries.lua - General Bugs - ED Forums (eagle.ru)

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

SYSTEM SPECS: Hardware Intel Corei7-12700KF @ 5.1/5.3p & 3.8e GHz, 64Gb RAM, 4090 FE, Dell S2716DG, Virpil T50CM3 Throttle, WinWIng Orion 2 & F-16EX + MFG Crosswinds V2, Varjo Aero
SOFTWARE: Microsoft Windows 11, VoiceAttack & VAICOM PRO

YOUTUBE CHANNEL: @speed-of-heat

1569924735_WildcardsBadgerFAASig.jpg.dbb8c2a337e37c2bfb12855f86d70fd5.jpg

6 hours ago, Uxi said:

Screenshots in VR now have a circle around them....

crap, you're right. I uploaded the wrong ones

Will get the other after work.

Here's a masked shot. Others are too large.

DCS 2021-04-16 12-38-23 (600 x 589).jpg

Edited by Sr.

--Arthur C Clark

1 minute ago, draconus said:

...if you use a mask.

yes, you can edit it out. in the view lua file.

1 hour ago, Sr. said:

I will say this about the clouds in VR. I don't know if the ones simply added to the default missions are "dumbed down", but if you add the right set from the mission editor they are closer to what I expected to see. They look great.

They still do the dancing jitter, but it is less noticeable when flying over them. And the lighting on the ground through breaks in the clouds is awesome.

DCS 2021-04-16 01-45-46.png

yes went to the ME and Instant missions I changed the no preset to the chosen presets they include in the ME now.

" any failure you meet, is never a defeat; merely a set up for a greater come back, "  W Forbes

"Success is not final, failure is not fatal, it is the courage to continue that counts,"  Winston Churchill

" He who never changes his mind, never changes anything," 

MSI z690MPG DDR4 || i914900k|| ddr4-64gb PC3200 || MSI RTX 4070Ti|Game1300w|Win10x64| |turtle beach elite pro 5.1|| ViRpiL,T50cm2|| MFG Crosswinds|| VT50CM-plus rotor Throttle || G10 RGB EVGA Keyboard/MouseLogitech || PiMax Crystal VR || 32 Samsung||

Bravo to the Eagle Dynamic team on the release of the new cloud. A very welcome upgrade to dcs world.
I have not flown much but very impressed with what I seen so far.
As ED and many folks have acknowledged, the bouncing of the cloud at distance in vr is quite immersion-breaking and hope that will be sorted out soon.

I do not know if this is just me, I am noticing a new sense of better height in VR. The vertigo feeling which has kind wore off over constant vr use has returned again when looking down at the ground from up there. Looking and feeling so real.

The exploration of 2.7 continues
Thanks to ED.

Windows 10 Pro 64bit|Ryzen 5600 @3.8Ghz|EVGA RTX 3070 XC3 Ultra|Corair vengence 32G DDR4 @3200mhz|MSI B550|Thrustmaster Flightstick| Virpil CM3 Throttle| Thrustmaster TFRP Rudder Pedal /Samsung Odyssey Plus Headset

9 hours ago, Glow said:

This is cool, maybe would be possible to add animated GIFs, maybe even links to YouTube videos in briefing and via triggers.

Yes, we definitely need the ability to rickroll entire servers! 😄

Edited by Yurgon