DCS World Patch Notes Discussion Thread

BIGNEWY

Ran in 2D. Heartstopping!

Created a mission for AAR. Tested well.

Passed mission to prospective flight lead. He got it.

He could not load into Multi launcher. WTF?

Not seen in miz list. WTF?

Windows said it was there.

DCS said it was not.

Mission creator (me) launched Multi launcher.

Mission not there.

Windows said it was there.

I'm not sure how the heck I did it, but with loading and saving many different ways, it showed up (in several places!).

I ran it.

Flight lead could not join my server. (My issue, not DCS.)

Side note: When flying NOE in a cloud, occasionally that cloud is solid and causes a RUD. (Mountain? How'd that get there?)

The Hornet is best at killing things on the ground. Now, if we could just get a GAU-8 in the nose next to the AN/APG-65, a titanium tub around the pilot, and a couple of J-58 engines in the tail...

On 4/15/2021 at 8:54 PM, Sr. said:

That's what mine look like  😞

Fixed it, so you have to open up the missions and change the weather setting, to the new presets.

• Like 1

" any failure you meet, is never a defeat; merely a set up for a greater come back, "  W Forbes

"Success is not final, failure is not fatal, it is the courage to continue that counts,"  Winston Churchill

" He who never changes his mind, never changes anything," 

MSI z690MPG DDR4 || i914900k|| ddr4-64gb PC3200 || MSI RTX 4070Ti|Game1300w|Win10x64| |turtle beach elite pro 5.1|| ViRpiL,T50cm2|| MFG Crosswinds|| VT50CM-plus rotor Throttle || G10 RGB EVGA Keyboard/MouseLogitech || PiMax Crystal VR || 32 Samsung||

23 hours ago, Yurgon said:

Yes, we definitely need the ability to rickroll entire servers! 😄

Just an idea, so maybe for SP only?

I remember a time in Falcon 4.0 when we first get video intros - that was so awesome in that time.

3 hours ago, Glow said:

Just an idea, so maybe for SP only?

There's certainly good use for images and videos in missions (not so sure about GIFs, but who am I to judge).

Just saying there's also a bit of potential for abuse and bad jokes, and more likely than that, embedded Youtube-videos are likely to disappear for a multitude of reasons, breaking the embeds in older missions. But putting video files inside of missions would blow up file sizes and isn't exactly state-of-the-art.

Either way, I'm thrilled to see what good mission designers would come up with when using new features like these.

Dear people ED!

My feedback of patch 2.7.0:

This patch is an A-M-A-Z-I-N-G piece of software! :notworthy:

Weather is a game changer, graphics still runs with good FPS and the smaller patches (apart from weather) and the additions are really nice, some of them long awaited, finally they are here.

Despite I had a lot of crashes after installing the patch on the first evening (I was near giving up), this nasty behavior disappeared (somehow) on the second day, after installing a new graphic driver (on the first day and going to bed afterwards in a sense of "everything will be good someday"). Wonder? I don' believe wonders, but it works now :joystick:

Currently I am superhappy about having it installed.

Kind regards,

TOViper

Edited by TOViper
  • Like 2

Visit https://www.viggen.training
...Viggen... what more can you ask for?

my computer:
AMD Ryzen 5600G | NVIDIA GTX 1080 Ti OC 11GB | 32 GB 3200 MHz DDR4 DUAL | SSD 980 256 GB SYS + SSD 2TB DCS | TM Warthog Stick + Throttle + TPR | Rift CV1

33 minutes ago, Hiob said:

Can you change the weather in a replay? Or how did he manage to perform the exact same flight three times?

"I had to do some trickery to remove the clouds (which also caused some replay desync)" [RedKite] - probably messed with DCS files or the replay itself.

🖥️ Win10  i7-10700KF  32GB  RTX3060   🥽 Rift S   🕹️ T16000M  TWCS  TFRP   ✈️ FC3  F-14A/B  F-15E   ⚙️ CA   🚢 SC   🌐 NTTR  PG  Syria

I really hope the cloud contrast in VR can be improved. They already look a LOT better than 2.5 don't get me wrong, but comparing them with 2D the difference is staggering. They're just flat white/gray. In 2D they have much darker centers and a lot more variance of brightness.

aJ2Xtqq.jpg

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Hiob said:

Can you change the weather in a replay? Or how did he manage to perform the exact same flight three times?

Easy. The replay is just a mission, with the recorded player inputs on top. Renaming it from .trk to .miz allows you to edit it in the ME and change the weather or whatever else you want to change. Saving this file in the ME retains all the track data, and renaming it back to .trk allows to let it play again. Of course if the changes collide with the replay (for instance by placing a static object in the middle of the active runway that was used for takeoff), the replay is going to show a completely different outcome. 😉

In any case, awesome comparison by RedKite and very helpful. Thanks for sharing, Csgo GE oh yeah!

On 4/16/2021 at 10:51 AM, Glow said:

New triggers: PICTURE TO ALL, etc.

This is cool, maybe would be possible to add animated GIFs, maybe even links to YouTube videos in briefing and via triggers.

A small picture in a corner, msg menu would be fine too. Covering all the screen in wrong time, could be irritating.

I'm not sure we have a possibility to add images and files to the kneeboard via triggers. That could be helpful for building long story scenarios.

PICTURE TO ALL

Not to the Kneeboard, but you can add a complete new briefing, with text and a picture. That's implemented since quite a while. In game you can show the briefing with ALT+B.

Shagrat

- Flying Sims since 1984 -:pilotfly:

Win 10 | i5 10600K@4.1GHz | 64GB | GeForce RTX 3090 - Asus VG34VQL1B  | TrackIR5 | Simshaker & Jetseat | VPForce Rhino Base & VIRPIL T50 CM2 Stick on 200mm curved extension | VIRPIL T50 CM2 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Plus/Apache64 Grip | MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals | WW Top Gun MIP | a hand made AHCP | 2x Elgato StreamDeck (Buttons galore)

On 4/16/2021 at 4:51 AM, Glow said:

New triggers: PICTURE TO ALL, etc.

here is a sample by @SUNTSAGof using this trigger:

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

18 hours ago, Yurgon said:

Easy. The replay is just a mission, with the recorded player inputs on top. Renaming it from .trk to .miz allows you to edit it in the ME and change the weather or whatever else you want to change. Saving this file in the ME retains all the track data, and renaming it back to .trk allows to let it play again. Of course if the changes collide with the replay (for instance by placing a static object in the middle of the active runway that was used for takeoff), the replay is going to show a completely different outcome. 😉

In any case, awesome comparison by RedKite and very helpful. Thanks for sharing, Csgo GE oh yeah!

Thank you for the explanation! I will definitely change the way I do settings-comparisons now.

• Like 1

"Muß ich denn jedes Mal, wenn ich sauge oder saugblase den Schlauchstecker in die Schlauchnut schieben?"

Anyone able to try out the hotfix yet?

It's not mentioned, but I'm hoping they secretly implemented some VR cloud improvements 😬:music_whistling:

• Like 2

System specs:

i7-8700K @stock speed - GTX 1080TI @ stock speed - AsRock Extreme4 Z370 - 32GB DDR4 @3GHz- 500GB SSD - 2TB nvme - 650W PSU

HP Reverb G1 v2 - Saitek Pro pedals - TM Warthog HOTAS - TM F/A-18 Grip - TM Cougar HOTAS (NN-Dan mod) & (throttle standalone mod) - VIRPIL VPC Rotor TCS Plus with ALPHA-L grip - Pointctrl & aux banks <-- must have for VR users!! - Andre's SimShaker Jetpad - Fully adjustable DIY playseat - VA+VAICOM

~ That nuke might not have been the best of ideas, Sir... the enemy is furious ~ GUMMBAH

4 minutes ago, Topper81 said:

Nope just tested, clouds are still jittering 😞

Aww, too bad. Going back into patient mode then 😉

System specs:

i7-8700K @stock speed - GTX 1080TI @ stock speed - AsRock Extreme4 Z370 - 32GB DDR4 @3GHz- 500GB SSD - 2TB nvme - 650W PSU

HP Reverb G1 v2 - Saitek Pro pedals - TM Warthog HOTAS - TM F/A-18 Grip - TM Cougar HOTAS (NN-Dan mod) & (throttle standalone mod) - VIRPIL VPC Rotor TCS Plus with ALPHA-L grip - Pointctrl & aux banks <-- must have for VR users!! - Andre's SimShaker Jetpad - Fully adjustable DIY playseat - VA+VAICOM

~ That nuke might not have been the best of ideas, Sir... the enemy is furious ~ GUMMBAH

Nope just tested, clouds are still jittering
Too bad. I was hoping as well even I don't use VR, but I have a feeling my SLI cloud problem is related.
Anyway, super thanks to ED for getting this rapidly deployed quickfix out for all of us!
Cheers!

Sent from my MAR-LX1A using Tapatalk

• Like 1

the cloud jittering fix is the ONE thing i want... sad that the hotfix doesnt address that

• Like 3

[sIGPIC]https://forums.eagle.ru/signaturepics/sigpic70550_3.gif[/sIGPIC]

Asus Z390-H - SSD M.2 EVO 970 - Intel I9 @5.0ghz - 32gb DDR4 4000 - EVGA 3090 - Cougar FSSB + Virpil WRBRD + Hornet Stick - Thrustmaster TPR Pedal + WinWing MIP + Orion + TO and CO pannels - Track IR5

2 minutes ago, FZG_Immel said:

the cloud jittering fix is the ONE thing i want... sad that the hotfix doesnt address that

+1!

- "Don't be John Wayne in the Break if you´re going to be Jerry Lewis on the Ball".

About carrier ops: "The younger pilots are still quite capable of holding their heads forward against the forces. The older ones have been doing this too long and know better; sore necks make for poor sleep.'

PC: I7 4790K 4.6ghz | 32GB RAM | Zotac GTX 1080Ti 11Gb DDR5x | Water cooler NZXT AIO Kraken x53 | 3.5TB (x4 SSD´s) | Valve Index| Andre´s JeatSeat.

+1

SYS: MSI MPG X570 Gaming Edge Wifi || Ryzen 5900x || Gainward RTX4090 || 2x16 Gb Crucial Ballistix RGB 3200@3800 || XPG Core Reactor 850 Watt PSU || Kingston Fury 2 TB NVME SSD || WD SN850 1TB NVME || 1 x 500 GB Crucial MX300 SATA SSD || 2 x HDD 3TB || Thrustmaster F-16 & F-18 Stick on Virpil War BRD Bases || WinWing Orion2 F-16EX Viper Throttle Combo || WinWing Orion2 F/A-18 Hornet Throttle Combo (With Finger Lift) || WinWing Takeoff Panel II MFG Crosswind Pedals w. Damper || 3 x Thrustmaster Cougar MFD || Multipurpose UFC ||  Wheel Stand Pro II

VR: HP Reverb G2

Also a shame that the constant crashing upon loading a new mission wasn't fixed.

*edit*

Nevermind, something in this thread fixed it for me 🙂

Edited by Raven (Elysian Angel)
Spoiler

Ryzen 9 5900X | 64GB G.Skill TridentZ 3600 | Gigabyte RX6900XT | ASUS ROG Strix X570-E GAMING | Samsung 990Pro 2TB + 960Pro 1TB NMVe | HP Reverb G2
Pro Flight Trainer Puma | VIRPIL MT-50CM2+3 base / CM2 x2 grip with 200 mm S-curve extension + CM3 throttle + CP2/3 + FSSB R3L + VPC Rotor TCS Plus base with SharKa-50 grip mounted on Monstertech MFC-1 | TPR rudder pedals

OpenXR | PD 1.0 | 100% render resolution | DCS "HIGH" preset

+1

SYS: MSI MPG X570 Gaming Edge Wifi || Ryzen 5900x || Gainward RTX4090 || 2x16 Gb Crucial Ballistix RGB 3200@3800 || XPG Core Reactor 850 Watt PSU || Kingston Fury 2 TB NVME SSD || WD SN850 1TB NVME || 1 x 500 GB Crucial MX300 SATA SSD || 2 x HDD 3TB || Thrustmaster F-16 & F-18 Stick on Virpil War BRD Bases || WinWing Orion2 F-16EX Viper Throttle Combo || WinWing Orion2 F/A-18 Hornet Throttle Combo (With Finger Lift) || WinWing Takeoff Panel II MFG Crosswind Pedals w. Damper || 3 x Thrustmaster Cougar MFD || Multipurpose UFC ||  Wheel Stand Pro II

VR: HP Reverb G2

Functions "Oxygen emergency valve" and "Diluter lever" are mixed up - fixed

Yay, pointed that out Oct 22 2019. Not that it was game breaking ...

Known Issue: DCS: MiG-21bis crash sometimes.

Sure that's a bug?:pilotfly:

Edited by -0303-
  • Like 1

Intel Core i7 3630QM @ 2.40GHz (Max Turbo Frequency 3.40 GHz) | 16.0GB Dual-Channel DDR3 @ 798MHz | 2047MB NVIDIA GeForce GT 635M | 447GB KINGSTON SA400S37480G (SATA-2 (SSD))

16 minutes ago, -0303- said:

Known Issue: DCS: MiG-21bis crash sometime

Technically that’s a feature....

• Like 1

SYSTEM SPECS: Hardware Intel Corei7-12700KF @ 5.1/5.3p & 3.8e GHz, 64Gb RAM, 4090 FE, Dell S2716DG, Virpil T50CM3 Throttle, WinWIng Orion 2 & F-16EX + MFG Crosswinds V2, Varjo Aero
SOFTWARE: Microsoft Windows 11, VoiceAttack & VAICOM PRO

YOUTUBE CHANNEL: @speed-of-heat

1569924735_WildcardsBadgerFAASig.jpg.dbb8c2a337e37c2bfb12855f86d70fd5.jpg

• VR. Controllers are not working correctly in open beta - fixed.

Thank you very much ED to bring back the laser pointer in VR, so much appreciated! 👍🍻

• Like 1

Modules: KA-50, A-10C, FC3, UH-1H, MI-8MTV2, CA, MIG-21bis, FW-190D9, Bf-109K4, F-86F, MIG-15bis, M-2000C, SA342 Gazelle, AJS-37 Viggen, F/A-18C, F-14, C-101, FW-190A8, F-16C, F-5E, JF-17, SC, Mi-24P Hind, AH-64D Apache, Mirage F1, F-4E Phantom II

System: Win 11 Pro 64bit, Ryzen 3800X, 32gb RAM DDR4-3200, PowerColor Radeon RX 6900XT Red Devil ,1 x Samsung SSD 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe, 2 x Samsung SSD 2TB + 1TB SATA, MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals - VIRPIL T-50CM and VIRPIL MongoosT-50 Throttle - HP Reverg G2, using only the latest Open Beta, DCS settings