DCS World Patch Notes Discussion Thread

BIGNEWY

On 8/11/2021 at 10:23 PM, speed-of-heat said:

now if you can apply the same tree fix to power pylons please @BIGNEWY

Yep, they stand out from the rest visually like ghosts.

• Like 1

🖥️ Win10  i7-10700KF  32GB  RTX3060   🥽 Rift S   🕹️ T16000M  TWCS  TFRP   ✈️ FC3  F-14A/B  F-15E   ⚙️ CA   🚢 SC   🌐 NTTR  PG  Syria

On 8/18/2021 at 12:51 PM, draconus said:

Yep, they stand out from the rest visually like ghosts.

I think it might be different with the powerlines as these are made up of such small textures that we are running into conflict with the pixel density of the headsets. I can't see this being fixed with a changed to rendering. Unless I'm confused and the shimmering and aliasing are seperate. 

• 3 weeks later...

"From Nineline on Discord: Mosquito is a testbed for new damage visual technology allowing bullet holes to appear dynamically where rounds hit"

Hero2.png

In_Dev_03.09.2021.6.jpg

This is exciting news. I always wondered if something like this would make its way into DCS. I think it was... Doom 3 that first put damage decals were you hit the enemy. No more being hit by 2 bullets and your whole wing looks shredded.

• Like 2

Il2 is doing that as well. I wonder how much cross pollination there is between 1C and ED. Do they share vodka and war stories over the weekend? Talk shop over the bar? Or is it more of a "they are doing z feature, we should match" thing?

• Like 1

I5 9600KF, 32GB, 3080ti, G2, PointCTRL

22 hours ago, corn322 said:

"From Nineline on Discord: Mosquito is a testbed for new damage visual technology allowing bullet holes to appear dynamically where rounds hit"

Hero2.png

In_Dev_03.09.2021.6.jpg

This is exciting news. I always wondered if something like this would make its way into DCS. I think it was... Doom 3 that first put damage decals were you hit the enemy. No more being hit by 2 bullets and your whole wing looks shredded.

I assume this is only for machine gun bullets, I assume cannon damage will not be affected by this? 

2 hours ago, Eldur said:

That literally 1ups the new damage model fsgrin.png

I didn't see it coming, fantastic news. 

Thank you ED

Windows 10 Pro | ASUS RANGER VIII | i5 6600K @ 4.6GHz| MSI RTX 2060 SUPER | 32GB RAM | Corsair H100i | Corsair Carbide 540 | HP Reverb G2 | MFG crosswind Pedals | Custom Spitfire Cockpit

Project IX Cockpit

Hero2.png.4b72f5f1e7bfbe0c45a210a044b2514f.png
In_Dev_03.09.2021.6.jpg

The old B-17 flight sim The Mighty Eighth actually had individual see-through bullet holes and you could actually really shred the B-17s in that game.

It was amazing tech then, and is still rarely implemented in games even now.
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

It's been a month since last OB update

I wonder what presents ED will have in store for us on the next one :bounce:

(Silence before the storm? :lookaround:)

• Like 1

System specs:

i7-8700K @stock speed - GTX 1080TI @ stock speed - AsRock Extreme4 Z370 - 32GB DDR4 @3GHz- 500GB SSD - 2TB nvme - 650W PSU

HP Reverb G1 v2 - Saitek Pro pedals - TM Warthog HOTAS - TM F/A-18 Grip - TM Cougar HOTAS (NN-Dan mod) & (throttle standalone mod) - VIRPIL VPC Rotor TCS Plus with ALPHA-L grip - Pointctrl & aux banks <-- must have for VR users!! - Andre's SimShaker Jetpad - Fully adjustable DIY playseat - VA+VAICOM

~ That nuke might not have been the best of ideas, Sir... the enemy is furious ~ GUMMBAH

56 minutes ago, sirrah said:

Release of the Channel map, SA-5 SAM, Hornet and Viper updates, but the feature I would truly appreciate is the one that gives Petrovich his voice. 

• Like 1

Intel i7-13700KF :: ROG STRIX Z790-A GAMING WIFI D4 :: Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB ::  MSI RTX 4080  Gaming X Trio  :: VKB Gunfighter MK.III MCG Ultimate :: VPC MongoosT-50 CM3 :: non-VR :: single player :: open beta

1 hour ago, sirrah said:

I would love to get the water improvements that have been shown off in most videos and screens for the last few months...among other things.

• Like 3

Take a look at my MODS here

• ED Team

We have a lot of internal testing going on currently, as soon as we are ready I will update the patch status post with a date.

thank you

• Like 5
  • Thanks 5

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

4 minutes ago, Tank50us said:

I see I'm not the only one busting out the multi-colored space suits.....

You'll have to explain that one to me 🙂

(Not native English here)

• Like 1

System specs:

i7-8700K @stock speed - GTX 1080TI @ stock speed - AsRock Extreme4 Z370 - 32GB DDR4 @3GHz- 500GB SSD - 2TB nvme - 650W PSU

HP Reverb G1 v2 - Saitek Pro pedals - TM Warthog HOTAS - TM F/A-18 Grip - TM Cougar HOTAS (NN-Dan mod) & (throttle standalone mod) - VIRPIL VPC Rotor TCS Plus with ALPHA-L grip - Pointctrl & aux banks <-- must have for VR users!! - Andre's SimShaker Jetpad - Fully adjustable DIY playseat - VA+VAICOM

~ That nuke might not have been the best of ideas, Sir... the enemy is furious ~ GUMMBAH

21 minutes ago, schurem said:

Huh? (Still not getting it)

Whew... thought it was just me

(This "meme" goes above my head)

• Thanks 1

System specs:

5 hours ago, Gierasimov said:

one that gives Petrovich his voice

That's what I am waiting for, before I jump in the Mi-24. I pre-ordered from day 1 but it was not complete enough for me. Jester spoiled me!

• Like 1
Spoiler

Ryzen 9 5900X | 64GB G.Skill TridentZ 3600 | Gigabyte RX6900XT | ASUS ROG Strix X570-E GAMING | Samsung 990Pro 2TB + 960Pro 1TB NMVe | HP Reverb G2
Pro Flight Trainer Puma | VIRPIL MT-50CM2+3 base / CM2 x2 grip with 200 mm S-curve extension + CM3 throttle + CP2/3 + FSSB R3L + VPC Rotor TCS Plus base with SharKa-50 grip mounted on Monstertech MFC-1 | TPR rudder pedals

OpenXR | PD 1.0 | 100% render resolution | DCS "HIGH" preset