Community A-4E-C v2.2 (October 2023)

Go to solution Solved by plusnine,

Really liking this impressive module, such fun to fly. My one wish is for the Shrike to have a better than 5% chance of a hit. Right now they aren't worth bringing - you're better off trying to gun the enemy radar. I know they aren't really modern missiles but they're such fun to use and so well done, I'd really like to have a reason to use them. Perhaps 50-60%?

• Like 3

Shrikes are mostly as they should be imo, and for me the way to use them is "bring 4, fire all at once, hope for the best". Ideally at least in a two-ship if you have friends to fly with you! Their poor accuracy and small warheads almost require this technique in my opinion.

This still leaves the centerline available for weapons for mopping up or fuel if either is needed.

Sometimes I even had "one shot one kill" against things like Tunguska, which I think Shrike should not even be able to target, but not sure. But that's a roll of the dice of course. They aren't realiable yes, and they aren't supposed to be either. But I don't think they are worthless either.

• Like 2

Wishlist: F-4E Block 53 +, MiG-27K, Su-17M3 or M4, AH-1F or W circa 80s or early 90s, J35 Draken, Kfir C7, Mirage III/V

DCS-Dismounts Script

On 7/4/2023 at 1:47 AM, Ian Boys UK said:

Really liking this impressive module, such fun to fly. My one wish is for the Shrike to have a better than 5% chance of a hit. Right now they aren't worth bringing - you're better off trying to gun the enemy radar. I know they aren't really modern missiles but they're such fun to use and so well done, I'd really like to have a reason to use them. Perhaps 50-60%?

I actually got a a 50% hitrate with the Shrike here, and even with 2 bags of fuel I still had 3 cluster bombs to play with to take out other stuff.

• Like 2

i7 13700k @5.2ghz, GTX 3090, 64Gig ram 4800mhz DDR5, M2 drive.

Keep in mind that Shrikes are not DEAD weapons. They are SEAD weapons. The purpose is not to hit and destroy a target. Their purpose is to surpress it. Unfortunately the SAM AI in DCS doesn't act accordingly, unless specifically scripted in the mission.

Edited by QuiGon
  • Like 2

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

Hello,

Quick question please. My DCS crashes when loading after I tried installing the A4 mod.
I followed exactly the procedure in the readme file, and I have other mods that are perfectly working.
I tried downloading the .zip file several times, but no changes.

I used to play the 2.0 version without issues, that's only since I tried to re-install a new version recently that I had issues (I removed it for a long time, until I decidd to give it another try).

Did anyone meet and solve this issue before?

Thanks!

56 minutes ago, El Chapo said:

My DCS crashes when loading after I tried installing the A4 mod.

Attach your dcs.log file to look for more clues about this issue.

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

On 6/26/2023 at 2:04 PM, plusnine said:

NVG availability is set by the mission designer. the option is disabled by default. to enable it, open the mission in the mission editor, select an A-4E-C unit, then select the right-most option tab - this is a part of the same suite of tabs where you select the livery and loadout settings). There you can enable NVG equipment for the unit, and/or remove the ECM panel if you wish.

Note this same set of tabs also allows you to preset the radio frequencies used by the radio presets.

Minor gripe. Why is this post marked as the "solution" to this entire thread, which covers many different topics other than the one discussed in this post? Can it be unmarked? @BIGNEWY

• Like 1

I'm Softball on Multiplayer. NZXT Player Three Prime, i9-13900K@3.00GHz, 64GB DDR5, Win 11 Home, Nvidia GeForce RTX 4090 24GB, TrackIR 5, VKB Gunfighter III with MCG Ultimate grip, VKB STECS Standard Throttle, CH Pro pedals

On 7/9/2023 at 7:33 PM, sthompson said:

Minor gripe. Why is this post marked as the "solution" to this entire thread, which covers many different topics other than the one discussed in this post? Can it be unmarked? @BIGNEWY

The "solved" tag is set by the OP of the Thread. In this case @plusnine who happens to be the (or a) representative of the creators of the A-4E. IIRC the "solved" relates to the "issue" of the NWS, which happened to be a major controversy about this Mod.

• Like 1

"Muß ich denn jedes Mal, wenn ich sauge oder saugblase den Schlauchstecker in die Schlauchnut schieben?"

6 hours ago, Hiob said:

The "solved" tag is set by the OP of the Thread. In this case @plusnine who happens to be the (or a) representative of the creators of the A-4E. IIRC the "solved" relates to the "issue" of the NWS, which happened to be a major controversy about this Mod.

Except that the post currently marked as "the" solution is about something else entirely.

I'm Softball on Multiplayer. NZXT Player Three Prime, i9-13900K@3.00GHz, 64GB DDR5, Win 11 Home, Nvidia GeForce RTX 4090 24GB, TrackIR 5, VKB Gunfighter III with MCG Ultimate grip, VKB STECS Standard Throttle, CH Pro pedals

On 7/2/2023 at 8:28 AM, =Skywarp= said:

Unfortunately the A-4E doesn't offers seat adjust as other aircrafts.

Hi Guy's, it turns out that the A-4E does have a raise and lower seat switch. It's on the right side console down past the radio settings. I programmed it to buttons and now I can raise and lower my seat as needed. Perfect for lowering it to see through the reticule better, which was what my original post was about, but also to raise it higher for Carrier landings. It works a treat without having to change any POV settings.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

Cheers,

Aussie Pilot.

4 hours ago, Aussie Pilot said:

Hi Guy's, it turns out that the A-4E does have a raise and lower seat switch. It's on the right side console down past the radio settings. I programmed it to buttons and now I can raise and lower my seat as needed. Perfect for lowering it to see through the reticule better, which was what my original post was about, but also to raise it higher for Carrier landings. It works a treat without having to change any POV settings.

The switch work? Cool, have to try it again then. Didn't work last time I mapped buttons for it. 👍🏻

Cheers! 

• Like 1

Thats great @Aussie Pilot glad you noticed. 

I had my seat bound to the camera view bindings but the actual seat adjustment is much nicer. 

Looking back at the Version 2.1.0 30 Oct 2022 A4 update it seems like Seat Adjustment Switch was added then along with dozens of other changes and improvements. 

Cheers 

• Like 3
  • Do not own:  | F-15E | JF-17 | Fw 190 A-8 | Bf 109 |
  • Hardware:  [ - Ryzen7-5800X - 32GB - RX 6800 - X56 HOTAS Throttle -  WINWING Orion 2 F16EX Grip - TrackIR 5 - Tobii 5C - JetPad FSE - ]

shrike mission.

found the seat toggle. 

" any failure you meet, is never a defeat; merely a set up for a greater come back, "  W Forbes

"Success is not final, failure is not fatal, it is the courage to continue that counts,"  Winston Churchill

" He who never changes his mind, never changes anything," 

MSI z690MPG DDR4 || i914900k|| ddr4-64gb PC3200 || MSI RTX 4070Ti|Game1300w|Win10x64| |turtle beach elite pro 5.1|| ViRpiL,T50cm2|| MFG Crosswinds|| VT50CM-plus rotor Throttle || G10 RGB EVGA Keyboard/MouseLogitech || PiMax Crystal VR || 32 Samsung||

so where's this Sinai Campaign I hear about for the A4E-C?

Found it

Edited by 71st_Mastiff

" any failure you meet, is never a defeat; merely a set up for a greater come back, "  W Forbes

"Success is not final, failure is not fatal, it is the courage to continue that counts,"  Winston Churchill

MSI z690MPG DDR4 || i914900k|| ddr4-64gb PC3200 || MSI RTX 4070Ti|Game1300w|Win10x64| |turtle beach elite pro 5.1|| ViRpiL,T50cm2|| MFG Crosswinds|| VT50CM-plus rotor Throttle || G10 RGB EVGA Keyboard/MouseLogitech || PiMax Crystal VR || 32 Samsung||

A4E-C

When Player ejects

Player then F2s to another A4E-C AI control.

Player then implements RALT+J, to enter another AI control plane; Player takes control; radios no longer work.

Edited by 71st_Mastiff

Vietnam missions, carrier ops.

mmm what is wrong here?

hueyattachedtocarriertower1.png

hueyattachedtocarriertower12.png

• Like 1

Huuum something wrong is not right...

RYZEN 7 2700 3.2 GHz / GAINWARD RTX 2070 / 32 GB RAM 3200 MHz / ASUS PRIME B450M / M.2 NVMe KINGSTON 1TB / SSD SANDISK 480GB / HD 2TB SATA3 / CORSAIR CX650 / AOC AGON AG322FCX MONITOR / THRUSTMASTER T.16000M FCS / CUSTOM HEADTRACK

F-14 Tomcat Side View.png

9 hours ago, 71st_Mastiff said:

Vietnam missions, carrier ops.

mmm what is wrong here?

hueyattachedtocarriertower1.png

hueyattachedtocarriertower12.png

Uuuuuh the Stennis got a new lunchbox 😃

When you hit the wrong button on take-off

hwl7xqL.gif

System Specs.

Spoiler
System board: MSI X670E ACE Memory: 64GB DDR5-6000 G.Skill Ripjaw System disk: Crucial P5 M.2 2TB
CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D PSU: Corsair HX1200 PSU Monitor: ASUS MG279Q, 27"
CPU cooling: Noctua NH-D15S Graphics card: MSI RTX 3090Ti SuprimX VR: Oculus Rift CV1

I figured how to fix the huey hang out on the tower. mission editor, a lot of statics where al so inside the tower.

Sometimes, but not always, when I dive bomb with the A-4-e, when I start to pull up, the aircraft goes completely out of control. What am I doing wrong?  Are my controls set wrong?  Also, lately I have been having some trouble trimming the aircraft. Ideally, how should the controls be set, and what curves?

4 hours ago, 4eyes said:

Also, lately I have been having some trouble trimming the aircraft.

You can adjust the trim rate in the Special Options of the A-4.

• Like 1

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg