12.01.2024 - Vulkan Progress | DCS Core | DCS Modules

3 minutes ago, sirrah said:

:surprise:

Dear everything that's holy!

This is going to be a huge game changer for SP

Yeah, it is. It is totally unrealistic! 😠 Even worse than having proper sound effects for afterburner in the cockpit! 😁

😂😇

• Like 1

"Muß ich denn jedes Mal, wenn ich sauge oder saugblase den Schlauchstecker in die Schlauchnut schieben?"

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

21 minutes ago, Rudel_chw said:

Sincerely, the last fixes to the replay system left it completely useful for my needs, allowing me to refly a mission from external view for recording videos, so further refinements are not really critical for me.

I watch replay of almost all my flights for video making, and they still break. Not 100% like they used to but they definitely still break.

• Like 2

i7 13700k @5.2ghz, GTX 3090, 64Gig ram 4800mhz DDR5, M2 drive.

15 minutes ago, scommander2 said:

F-4E is still unavailable in steam yet though...

It has been stated many many times before that Steam requires a solid release date (or at least very accurate release window) before it allows listing. ED doesn't have anything to do with that. As long as HeatBlur doesn't have a pretty good idea when their Phantom will be ready, it won't be listed on Steam.

• Like 1
Spoiler

Ryzen 9 5900X | 64GB G.Skill TridentZ 3600 | Gigabyte RX6900XT | ASUS ROG Strix X570-E GAMING | Samsung 990Pro 2TB + 960Pro 1TB NMVe | HP Reverb G2
Pro Flight Trainer Puma | VIRPIL MT-50CM2+3 base / CM2 x2 grip with 200 mm S-curve extension + CM3 throttle + CP2/3 + FSSB R3L + VPC Rotor TCS Plus base with SharKa-50 grip mounted on Monstertech MFC-1 | TPR rudder pedals

OpenXR | PD 1.0 | 100% render resolution | DCS "HIGH" preset

News from ED : New units will be available in 2024 that will range from World War II to modern day. Each unit requires thousands of man-hours to create and will be provided as optional packs at their highest levels of detail.

I understand that if I want the new 3D models I will have to pay for it, like for the WWII assets pack? This one shot will become a standard in DCS ?
We're moving towards a game with two levels of modeling...😥

What can be expext in the future ?
You want a better vegetation : you have to pay for ?
You want nice new buildings : you have to pay for ?

Sorry, and this is my personal opinion, but if confirmed, I'm very disappointed by this kind of policy (even if I totally understand that ED need money to continue the development of our favourite simulation game).

• Like 4

^ How else do you want them to finance further development, though? Subscription is off limits, increasing cost of all the modules globally is not great too. Selling individual packs sounds like the best compromise to me. I don't care about modern units, so will settle with lower detail ones just fine, but at the same time I'm OK with paying for more vintage units, as this is where my main interest is. Everyone will purchase strictly what he's after.

Edited by Art-J
  • Like 8
  • Thanks 1

i7 9700K @ stock speed, single GTX1070, 32 gigs of RAM, TH Warthog, MFG Crosswind, Win10.

I would be interested to know if the planned system for the high res assets will also make its way to the WW2 assets pack, with low def versions in game by default and paying customers seeing high res ones. It would be a game changer for WW2 if the assets weren’t a barrier to entry anymore.

• Like 6

AMD R7 5800X3D | 64GB DDR4 3200MHz | RTX 4080S 16GB | Varjo Aero | VKB Gunfighter Pro Mk3 + STECS + pedals

11 minutes ago, Razorback said:

two levels of modelling

It offers the best of both worlds: compatibility with everyone while also allowing incoming revenue - I for one don't like working for free and I doubt anyone at ED does. We all have bills to pay...

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1
Spoiler

Ryzen 9 5900X | 64GB G.Skill TridentZ 3600 | Gigabyte RX6900XT | ASUS ROG Strix X570-E GAMING | Samsung 990Pro 2TB + 960Pro 1TB NMVe | HP Reverb G2
Pro Flight Trainer Puma | VIRPIL MT-50CM2+3 base / CM2 x2 grip with 200 mm S-curve extension + CM3 throttle + CP2/3 + FSSB R3L + VPC Rotor TCS Plus base with SharKa-50 grip mounted on Monstertech MFC-1 | TPR rudder pedals

OpenXR | PD 1.0 | 100% render resolution | DCS "HIGH" preset

21 minutes ago, Raven (Elysian Angel) said:

ED doesn't have anything to do with that. As long as HeatBlur doesn't have a pretty good idea when their Phantom will be ready, it won't be listed on Steam.

Okay, thanks and I guess so... Unlike AH-64D, ED could list it first and release it later, but not HB.

Dell XPS 9730, i9-13900H, DDR5 64GB, Discrete GPU: NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4080, 1+2TB M.2 SSD, TM HOTAS Warthog/TPR, TKIR5/TrackClipPro, Win 11 Pro

1 hour ago, Gunfreak said:

I watch replay of almost all my flights for video making, and they still break. Not 100% like they used to but they definitely still break.

Not my experience .. I used the replay feature for taking external action shots of my Viggen for almost all the missions on this series (only the first two missions don't have such shots):

and the tracks worked every single time for me  🙂 

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

24 minutes ago, schurem said:

Holy F that's a doozy of a newsletter! Saving world state. Whoa! Nice!

(also, @BIGNEWY I think @Silver_Dragon was joking...)

Good question. Looking forward to all the graphical and engine updates. As well as save game, and DTC. Dynamic Campaign will probably be the biggest improvement in the game though TBH. Not only from a SP perspective but for MP too.

45 minutes ago, Art-J said:

^ How else do you want them to finance further development, though? Subscription is off limits, increasing cost of all the modules globally is not great too. Selling individual packs sounds like the best compromise to me. I don't care about modern units, so will settle with lower detail ones just fine, but at the same time I'm OK with paying for more vintage units, as this is where my main interest is. Everyone will purchase strictly what he's after.

Perhaps by reducing (or completely stop) the amount of sales. I mean, people can tryout allmost everything for free 28 days a year 😮

Heck, if you plan well, you can pretty much fly FF modules the entire year, for free 😉

I know, ED knows best how to run their business and I'm certainly all for paying for work. I however strongly agree with @Razorback that asset packs, in order to be able to see better quality models (or maybe even see models at all) are not a good way forward. I think I'd rather even see that "out of the question" monthly subscription (I know that's not going to happen).

But maybe, although it's part of the newsletter, this discussion is not for this thread.

• Like 1

System specs:

i7-8700K @stock speed - GTX 1080TI @ stock speed - AsRock Extreme4 Z370 - 32GB DDR4 @3GHz- 500GB SSD - 2TB nvme - 650W PSU

HP Reverb G1 v2 - Saitek Pro pedals - TM Warthog HOTAS - TM F/A-18 Grip - TM Cougar HOTAS (NN-Dan mod) & (throttle standalone mod) - VIRPIL VPC Rotor TCS Plus with ALPHA-L grip - Pointctrl & aux banks <-- must have for VR users!! - Andre's SimShaker Jetpad - Fully adjustable DIY playseat - VA+VAICOM

~ That nuke might not have been the best of ideas, Sir... the enemy is furious ~ GUMMBAH

2 hours ago, Rudel_chw said:

This got to be my #1 feature, it will help me a lot when flying Campaigns, as I can save the game prior to arriving to the combat zone, so as to save time if I end-up reflying the mission.

Sincerely, the last fixes to the replay system left it completely useful for my needs, allowing me to refly a mission from external view for recording videos, so further refinements are not really critical for me.

This will be a great feature, looking forward to them.

This is great news, I will of course purchase every optional pack that you release, both to enjoy the more detailed assets, and to show up my support to DCS, but its nice that the MP crowd will not have grounds to complain about the optional packs "splitting up the community"  🙂

I look forward to this, but my dearest wish is if it would be possible to have different weather over different map areas.

This is not really an important aspect for my kind of DCs flying, so I don't really care about its schedule.

looking forward to any ATC improvement, as it is an important aspect of solo flight.

I actually enjoy the current GUI, and would just like some polishing up, like adding an illustration to the mission list, like its done with the campaigns. Lets hope the new GUI doesn't sacrifice power for increasing its appeal to newcomers.

looking forwards to trying these, as I enjoy the training aspect of DCS 🙂 

I'm really looking forward to the MiG-29, hopefully all this missile tuning won't delay it.

Honestly, I don't really care that much about ECM, or crypto-comms ... but I'd love to have a working IFF system, as it has a much more important effect on simulating actual aerial combats.

Eduardo

Improving ECM will be great!! Lots of us will be thrilled!!

• Like 3

ASUS Strix Z790-H, i9-13900, WartHog HOTAS and MFG Crosswind

G.Skill 64 GB Ram, 2TB SSD

EVGA Nvidia RTX 2080-TI

55" Sony OLED TV, Oculus VR

Great to see lots of work planned on core and assets apparently. This is very much needed and appreciated. I am super okay with what seems to be low-poly free assets with optional high-poly update packs for sale - core and assets do not grow on trees and do not develop themselves, so i find this a good solution.

Maybe also think about delivering new modules with only a default livery (maybe one per operator country, with only appropriate base colors and without any squadron insignias nose/tail art) and produce livery packs for sale. Those could be themed for a certain nation and time frame and include all the different historically accurate squadron paint jobs. I would totally get some of these if they were historically accurate and come without any fictional ballast.

Edited by Schlingel mit Kringel
Meant nose/tail art, not insignias
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, Beirut said:

Glad to hear about new asset packs. And if the quality is solid I have no problem with having to pay for them.

Yep, me too!

4 hours ago, Raven (Elysian Angel) said:

Wags talked about Dynamic Shadows, and from my (albeit very limited) understanding that’s going to be a very noticeable upgrade over the current screen-space shadows especially given all the issues that come with anything screen-space.

Absolutely and very needed 😉

Nice future for DCS!

• Like 4

Intel i7-13700KF :: ROG STRIX Z790-A GAMING WIFI D4 :: Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB ::  MSI RTX 4080  Gaming X Trio  :: VKB Gunfighter MK.III MCG Ultimate :: VPC MongoosT-50 CM3 :: non-VR :: single player :: open beta

56 minutes ago, Schlingel mit Kringel said:

Maybe also think about delivering new modules with only a default livery (maybe one per operator country, with only appropriate base colors and without any squadron insignias nose/tail art) and produce livery packs for sale. Those could be themed for a certain nation and time frame and include all the different historically accurate squadron paint jobs. I would totally get some of these if they were historically accurate and come without any fictional ballast.

Worst idea ever?🧐

Anyway, lots of things in this newsletter, and some very anticipated topics, its good to know that a lot of important thigs are bein worked on.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Rudel_chw said:

Not my experience .. I used the replay feature for taking external action shots of my Viggen for almost all the missions on this series (only the first two missions don't have such shots):

and the tracks worked every single time for me  🙂 

And I've had F16 Wingmen crash into me in replay, while in mission I landed and parked 5 minutes before him.

I've had my spitfire fire into nothing while in mission I ripped into a fw190

I've even had my P47 slam into the ground after 5 minutes while in missions i flew half an hour and landed. All after the replay updates since 2.9

i7 13700k @5.2ghz, GTX 3090, 64Gig ram 4800mhz DDR5, M2 drive.

52 minutes ago, AKULA_OPTIMUS said:

Worst idea ever?🧐

pretty sureit was sarcasm, as many users dont like paid assets packs.

• Like 1

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

22 minutes ago, Rudel_chw said:

pretty sureit was sarcasm, as many users dont like paid assets packs.

❤️ paid assets packs. :smoke:

Higher quality stuff and financing for more higher quality stuff.

• Like 4

Some of the planes, but all of the maps!

• ED Team
4 hours ago, scommander2 said:

@BIGNEWY F-4E is still unavailable in steam yet though...

Correct only a place holder for now. Steam requires a confirmed date for early access, and we do not have one yet. We will keep you all informed.

4 hours ago, Germane said:

What was unfortunately not mentioned is the AAR rework.

@BIGNEWYCan you perhaps give us a little update? Has the work already started?

I have no news to share at the moment. We have other tasks with higher priority currently.

3 hours ago, schurem said:

(also, @BIGNEWY I think @Silver_Dragon was joking...)

Been a long day for me, so may have missed that 🙂 

• Like 2

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2