DCS Newsletter Discussion 3rd March 2023 - Normandy 2.0 | Hoggit server

BIGNEWY

20 minutes ago, tigayot228 said:

I flying F-16C and F-15E. I buy not map for airstart just.

Flying F-15E ?? The one that RAZBAM is creating or something like a mod?

• Like 1

Intel i7-13700KF :: ROG STRIX Z790-A GAMING WIFI D4 :: Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB ::  MSI RTX 4080  Gaming X Trio  :: VKB Gunfighter MK.III MCG Ultimate :: VPC MongoosT-50 CM3 :: non-VR :: single player :: open beta

10 minutes ago, Gierasimov said:

Flying F-15E ?? The one that RAZBAM is creating or something like a mod?

Yes Razbam. I has not now. I waiting, I has F-16C.

I has too Apache, but I had in recuperazioni sarcoma in the leg and very pain.

Edited by tigayot228

43 minutes ago, Silver_Dragon said:

Real Weather has planned in a future, but actually has centred on clouds and storms.

Hey,

I was talking about how the advertisement in the newsletter is wrong, they say that Hoggit Multi Player servers have real world weather.

Newsletter quote "The persistent sessions save after a server restart and they include real-world weather and numerous other features."

In fact that weather on those MP servers is completely wrong from the real-world.

Now again I know ED can't do anything about it,

I just think its something that needs to be pointed out since info in that advert is false. And I hope Hoggit, and other servers that claim they have real-world weather but actually don't, can fix that.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, tigayot228 said:

Yes Razbam. I has not now. I waiting, I has F-16C.

Ok. I will buy the map and will test modern fighters. Beauvais-Tille seems to be able to handle Viper or Mud Hen.

• Like 2

Intel i7-13700KF :: ROG STRIX Z790-A GAMING WIFI D4 :: Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB ::  MSI RTX 4080  Gaming X Trio  :: VKB Gunfighter MK.III MCG Ultimate :: VPC MongoosT-50 CM3 :: non-VR :: single player :: open beta

Aren't newsletters supposed to have some news in them?

• Like 2

ASUS ROG Strix B550-E GAMING - PNY GeForce RTX 4090 Gaming VERTO EPIC-X  - AMD Ryzen 9 5900X - 64Gb RAM - 2x2Tb M2 - Win11 - HP Reverb g2 - Oculus Quest 2 - Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS - Thrustmaster Pendular Rudder - 2X Thrustmaster MFD Cougar

45 minutes ago, Moxica said:

Yep, years ago I thought the same. But recognize that there is a group of people who consume newsletters only. They are not following events elsewhere, so for many people it will be 'news'.

• Like 1

• ED Team
2 hours ago, nawarren said:

Guess inflation has affected every sector 🙂

No its about how much more detail has gone into the map since the original announcement. Ugra listened and added many new airfields and other POIs. 

1 hour ago, Moxica said:

There is new information on Normandy 2 as well not everyone knows about every Community Server around. 

• Like 3

64Sig.png
Forum RulesMy YouTube • My Discord - NineLine#0440• **How to Report a Bug**

1146563203_makefg(6).png.82dab0a01be3a361522f3fff75916ba4.png  80141746_makefg(1).png.6fa028f2fe35222644e87c786da1fabb.png  28661714_makefg(2).png.b3816386a8f83b0cceab6cb43ae2477e.png  389390805_makefg(3).png.bca83a238dd2aaf235ea3ce2873b55bc.png  216757889_makefg(4).png.35cb826069cdae5c1a164a94deaff377.png  1359338181_makefg(5).png.e6135dea01fa097e5d841ee5fb3c2dc5.png

2 hours ago, Silver_Dragon said:

Sure?

Meanwile some landing strips has not planned to use with moder fighters, others has airbase has modern fighters capables. And dont see any problem to take off from a grass airport.

The most remarkable thing about those videos are the colours of the textures. It all looks so much more realistic than how the Normandy map looks like now. I wonder why the textures/colours changed. 

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, NineLine said:

There is new information on Normandy 2 as well not everyone knows about every Community Server around. 

Now thats a lot of bread, and a tiiiiny amount of butter.

• Like 1

ASUS ROG Strix B550-E GAMING - PNY GeForce RTX 4090 Gaming VERTO EPIC-X  - AMD Ryzen 9 5900X - 64Gb RAM - 2x2Tb M2 - Win11 - HP Reverb g2 - Oculus Quest 2 - Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS - Thrustmaster Pendular Rudder - 2X Thrustmaster MFD Cougar

29 minutes ago, Moxica said:

Now thats a lot of bread, and a tiiiiny amount of butter.

Rough times, be happy you still got the food man. 😉

Seriously though, some newsletters are really nice, such as the first one in January each year, some are less meaty, it is what it is.

33 minutes ago, Bog9y said:

The most remarkable thing about those videos are the colours of the textures. It all looks so much more realistic than how the Normandy map looks like now. I wonder why the textures/colours changed. 

Most likely resahde tool. Maybe custom mod. 

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, Gierasimov said:

Rough times, be happy you still got the food man. 😉

Seriously though, some newsletters are really nice, such as the first one in January each year, some are less meaty, it is what it is.

Make no mistake: The proof is in the pudding! I am still so impressed at times, my girl catch me going "Ooooh! Aaah" behind the VR glasses. Pure pleasure"  🙂

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, Gierasimov said:

Most likely resahde tool. Maybe custom mod. 

Nah, the vid was recorded in April 2017, half a year before the map relase. That's just how this internal build looked like back then.

i7 9700K @ stock speed, single GTX1070, 32 gigs of RAM, TH Warthog, MFG Crosswind, Win10.

So does this statement mean we can fly from the updated Normandy 1944 into Normandy 2 on a server as a single map ??

The release of the new Normandy 2 map will also be a huge and free improvement to the Normandy 1944 map. This will allow all Normandy 1944 map owners to have all of the Normandy 2 map airfields at no extra cost. Having the same 69 airfields on both maps will allow players to share the sky in online campaigns and online missions. Ugra Media has done everything possible to remove any borders between the two maps.

Edited by Hotdognz

Having the same 69 airfields on both maps will allow players to share the sky in online campaigns and online missions.

Nice!

14 hours ago, AdrianL said:

From the Oct 7th newsletter it said that if you own the Channel and Normandy map the upgrade will be $9.99.

No mention of this in the current newsletter. Just the $14.99 price. So is this still the case?

image.png

I thought I had "Altersheimer's" already, but apparently, that's not the case. My thoughts exactly. Wouldn't complain about having to pay 15 bucks though for such an substantial upgrade.

Oh, by the way, while we're at it: May we perhaps finally expect a fix to that long standing kneeboard issue on Syria (don't even know if Normandy is affeceted as well BTW, would go for that as well if that was the case) with that slightly increased price even though it's not related to Syria at all? Asking for a friend rainbowdashwink.png

Edited by Eldur
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

dcsdashie-hb-ed.jpg

• ED Team

Dear All,

to make it clear for everyone. The price policy will remain the same as we announced it in October:

Цитата

How much will it cost?

DCS: Normandy 2 will be available as a complete map for $59.99 USD with 20% off while in Early Access. If you have either DCS: Normandy 1944 or DCS: The Channel maps, you can purchase Normandy 2 for $14.99 USD. If you own both, you can purchase DCS: Normandy 2 for only $9.99 USD.

It was my personal mistake in March 2023 newsletter. 

• Like 15
  • Thanks 15

vor 49 Minuten schrieb Kate Perederko:

Dear All,

to make it clear for everyone. The price policy will remain the same as we announced it in October:

It was my personal mistake in March 2023 newsletter. 

Thank you for clarification, Mrs. Perederko. By far the most honest comment, I´ve read in this forum for years ... 

• Like 9

F-14b Tomcat   /   AV-8B Harrier   /   F-16C Viper  /   KA-50 Black Shark   /   Mi-24 Hind   /   MiG-21bis   

13 hours ago, Hotdognz said:

So does this statement mean we can fly from the updated Normandy 1944 into Normandy 2 on a server as a single map ??

N2 and N'1944 will be separate maps SP but compatible online - working as single map MP.

• Like 1

🖥️ Win10  i7-10700KF  32GB  RTX3060   🥽 Rift S   🕹️ T16000M  TWCS  TFRP   ✈️ FC3  F-14A/B  F-15E   ⚙️ CA   🚢 SC   🌐 NTTR  PG  Syria

On 3/3/2023 at 6:55 PM, tigayot228 said:

Grazie. But in old Normandia 1.0 no airport compatibile in jet fighter. Impossibile take off in grass airport.

I fly jets on the Normandy 1944 map.

Carpiquet, Evreux, Conches and Tangmere all have asphalt/concrete runways.

Normandy is my favorite map and my "home" since two years, flying both jets and props. Jets from the four above and props from the grass fields in the south.

• Like 1

5 37 39 47 51 52 98 190a ce spit (a4 hab) - 430 ca sc wwii - cau chan mar nor nttr pg syr

16 minutes ago, Dragon1-1 said:

Most Russian jets should be able to fly off grass, and the Viggen too. It was an important design parameter in both cases, since the actual runways could very well be obliterated by a nuclear strike in case the Cold War went hot.

Viggen couldn't operate from grass fields in real life (I know this first hand:). L-39 can according the real manual, and maybe the F-5E.

• Like 1

5 37 39 47 51 52 98 190a ce spit (a4 hab) - 430 ca sc wwii - cau chan mar nor nttr pg syr