Announcing Lock On: Flaming Cliffs 3

Wags

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@Witchking

Part of the explanation given for the re-release of FC was to fill the fighter gap in DCSWorld until third party aircraft are available.

To delay it to add more stuff would seem to defeat that purpose.

yeah! But they already have Lock on, FC1, FC2. Why not directly have an ad in the DCS world main menu advertising it? Even then, look at the huge jump comparing the F-15C to the other lock on aircraft from 2003. Its like the Gran Turismo 5 thing.... super high fidelity cars (few) among hundreds of crappy older regular model cars.

Also, keep in mind that most people who are even posting now and interested in FC are fans of the series who have bought all the ED products. I have bought everything except the P51 mustang (I seriously do not care for it) since Flanker 2. Think about it as fan service. A valid reason to spend 40$..and not just get few upgrades, more than half of which are going to be implemented in DCS world. Btw...u guys realize the F-15C model was already implemented with DCS Warthog right? So basically, we are only getting a new cockpit. 1 year for just one cockpit? Heck.... they might as well just "sell" DCS World 1.5 with all these things at 40$ rather than brand it as free.

Edited by Witchking
  • Like 1

WHISPR | Intel I7 5930K | Nvidia GTX980 4GB GDDR5 | 16GB DDR4 | Intel 730 series 512GB SSD | Thrustmaster WARTHOG | CH Pro Pedals | TrackIR4 pro |

|A-10C|BS2 |CA|P-51 MUSTANG|UH-1H HUEY|MI-8 MTV2 |FC3|F5E|M2000C|AJS-37|FW190|BF 109K|Mig21|A-10:SSC,EWC|L-39|NEVADA|

So this has been concerning me for a while. With the production of FC3 does this mean that they will not release their own fast mover, or is the fast mover still in production?

Thanks,

Spadje

AMD Ryzen 9 3900x, 64GB DDR 4, MSI Ventus 2070 Super, Samsung 970 M.2 NVMe, WD Blue 512GB SSD, TM Warthog, CH Pro Pedals, Acer AH101 WMR

New Date for FC3?

Is there a new date for FC3 or is it still to be determined?

Sucks that we are told almost last minute after anticipating for 4 weeks but I guess that's how companys operate these days.:dunno:

Asus Sabertooth P67 Motherboard 2600k CPU, 16 gig DDR3, 1600. Samsung 830, 256 gig hard drive,

GTX780 Video Card, Warthog Hotas, Razer Mamba mouse. Saitek Combat Rudder Pedals. Trackir 5, Verizon FIOS 25Meg Up/Down

DCS:-Next is still in production.

Nate

Perhaps we should start calling it something else. The last product with the name 'NeXT' did not do so well.

next-computer-introduced-in-1989.jpg

:D

Edited by cichlidfan

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

DCS:-Next is still in production.

Nate

Anyone have a clue why they will not tell us which Aircraft the next fast mover is? If it is in production..why can't ED raise the curtain on this one? Are they afraid many would be unhappy because it might not be the Jet they wanted?

Cooler Master HAF XB EVO , ASUS P8Z77-V, i7-3770K @ 4.6GHz, Noctua AC, 32GB Corsair Vengeance Pro, EVGA 1080TI 11GB, 2 Samsung 840 Pro 540GB SSDs Raid 0, 1TB HDD, EVGA SuperNOVA 1300W PS, G930 Wireless SS Headset, TrackIR5/Wireless Proclip, TM Warthog, Saitek Pro Combat Pedals, 75" Samsung 4K QLED, HP Reverb G2, Win 10

I don't mind the delay, i appreciate the fact ED is concerned about quality and Beta Test. Even if their products have a few bugs remaning, that's a world better than some other companies i won't name, that release unfinished games.

Fix the DCS World 1.2.0 connection problem first, please

game crash drive me mad!

I wish so too. Even in LAN the game is simply not playable in MP mode.

I don't mind the delay, i appreciate the fact ED is concerned about quality and Beta Test. Even if their products have a few bugs remaning, that's a world better than some other companies i won't name, that release unfinished games.

I wish so too. Even in LAN the game is simply not playable in MP mode.

I'm holding my breath for a fix to that along with FC3

Anyone have a clue why they will not tell us which Aircraft the next fast mover is? If it is in production..why can't ED raise the curtain on this one? Are they afraid many would be unhappy because it might not be the Jet they wanted?

This is an old soviet habit - hide everything from everyone.:D

I remeber, back in january, Dmut said there are about 5 projects with different stage of completeness.

• Like 1

Take a look at the gaming industry in general - not (necessarily) stating what projects are ongoing is standard practice. One reason for this is quite obvious: you want your customers to focus on current products.

Different developers go to different extremes on the spectrum. But if you see a game announced with a release date a year in the future, you can usually be pretty safe in assuming that it has already been in active development for several years.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Daniel "EtherealN" Agorander | Даниэль "эфирныйн" Агорандер

Intel i7 2600K @ 4.4GHz, ASUS Sabertooth P67, 8GB Corsair Vengeance @ 1600MHz, ASUS GTX 560Ti DirectCU II 1GB, Samsung 830series 512GB SSD, Corsair AX850w, two BENQ screens and TM HOTAS Warthog

DCS: A-10C Warthog FAQ | DCS: P-51D FAQ | Remember to read the Forum Rules |

|
| Life of a Game Tester

On the other hand you will usually be given some kind of window or even specific date if the game is something like a year away from release. Not always, of course...

This refers not to "DCS Next" or FC3 directly, but more to those current products. I don´t need a weekly update on beta progres or any such thing, but as I saw the (supposed) release date of P-51D on Gamestar.de, I was wondering about that and CA for example. There isn´t much recent info available on those projects, the specification of their final features etc. and they all tie in with this project which is now called "DCS World" as a whole. In general I sympathize with ED´s position, but nevertheless I feel the need to point this out.

Edited by upupandaway

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Deedle, deedle!

I’ve read about the delay in releasing FC3 this month. I’m not disappointed. Quality is the most important thing in my book, take your time ED :thumbup:

Antec 900 gaming tower, PSU: Corsair 750W, Q6600, Asus P5K, 8Gig Mushkin, Nvidia eVGA 280 GTX Superclocked 1G DDR3, SSDNOW200 Kingston Drive, TrackIr 3000+Vector, Logitech Extreme 3D Pro joystick, Saitek rudder pedals pro, Sharp 42" inch LCD Aquo. OS: windows 7 64bit.

will not buy Far Cry 3...

Good to know.:music_whistling:

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

Take a look at the gaming industry in general - not (necessarily) stating what projects are ongoing is standard practice. One reason for this is quite obvious: you want your customers to focus on current products.

Different developers go to different extremes on the spectrum. But if you see a game announced with a release date a year in the future, you can usually be pretty safe in assuming that it has already been in active development for several years.

So you say the next aircraft is not being worked on for at least several months? And wouldn't that again mean that it's not announced, because it is still that far down the line? From a customers point of view.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

We will be lucky to see FC3 before the end of November now if they decided to retool and add features during beta. Most software companies feature freeze during beta and just focus on quashing bugs...so beta is really alpha....

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

System Specs

Intel I7-3930K, Asrock EXTREME9, EVGA TITAN, Mushkin Chronos SSD, 16GB G.SKILL Ripjaws Z series 2133, TM Warthog and MFD's, Saitek Proflight Combat pedals, TrackIR 5 + TrackClip PRO, Windows 7 x64, 3-Asus VS2248H-P monitors, Thermaltake Level 10 GT, Obutto cockpit

...and Arlo Guthrie is strumming in the background waiting for the chorus to come around again.

We will be lucky to see FC3 before the end of November now if they decided to retool and add features during beta. Most software companies feature freeze during beta and just focus on quashing bugs...so beta is really alpha....

Ah come on. Ed have never taken backward steps. Maybe a few side steps to get the features that you guys request, but never backwards.