Next DCS (US) Fixed Wing Aircraft Wish List

diecastbg

Next DCS (US) Fixed Wing Aircraft Wish List  

4719 members have voted

1. 1. Next DCS (US) Fixed Wing Aircraft Wish List

BMS's Campaign stomps EDs... just sayin'

Yeah, DCS series should work on campaign.

I've been thinking that for months: All DCS needs is a good dynamic campaign.

Oddly enough, there are one or two threads in the wishlist where that is the subject. ;)

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

• Replies 7.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sooner or later it will happen. The F-16 has the biggest fan base in the combat flight sim community. ED or a 3rd party dev will do it at some point. It's good business to bring F-16s into DCS world. But it will get in line because something even better is around the corner - F/A-18C with carrier ops. :)

Carrier ops has been confirmed? If so, that makes me even more excited for F/A-18C but I do want an F-16 really bad too.

BMS's Campaign stomps EDs... just sayin'

Yeah, the one thing Falcon has that ED doesn't. Still, those 90's graphics...:cry:

"Isn't this fun!?" - Inglorious Bastards

"I rode a tank, held a general's rank / When the Blitzkrieg raged, and the bodies stank!" - Stones.

I've been thinking that for months: All DCS needs is a good dynamic campaign.

And better performance so said campaign won't kill people's computers.

Those "90's graphics" are slowly getting a facelift, but yeah they pale in comparison to DCS. Most of the time when I'm flying though I barely notice the graphics. Too busy maintaining SA, staying on schedule with Time on Target and getting the job done.

mein gott i want the falcon

• Like 1

ASUS Tuf Gaming Pro x570 / AMD Ryzen 7 5800X @ 3.8 / XFX Radeon 6900 XT / 64 GB DDR4 3200 

"This was not in the Manual I did not read", cried the Noob" - BMBM, WWIIOL

IF I were a millionaire, I'll pay LM to give ED the license, then also ED to put it on top of the to be completed by 2013 list. maybe ED will surprise us with it the coming years, but one gets old and grumpy and wants to get URMN on his FCR...

• Like 1

AWAITING ED NEW DAMAGE MODEL IMPLEMENTATION FOR WW2 BIRDS

Fat T is above, thin T is below. Long T is faster, Short T is slower. Open triangle is AWACS, closed triangle is your own sensors. Double dash is friendly, Single dash is enemy. Circle is friendly. Strobe is jammer. Strobe to dash is under 35 km. HDD is 7 times range key. Radar to 160 km, IRST to 10 km. Stay low, but never slow.

I believe Graphism has the license for making Falcon games, with LockheadMartin.

and the guy that made falcon is been said is sitting on a upgraded Falcon game for the last 6 or 7 years now.

these guys own the copyrights now.

FALCON 4.0: ALLIED FORCE is produced by Graphsim Entertainment Corp. under exclusive license from Atari Interactive, Inc. FALCON 4.0 and ATARI word marks and logos are trademarks or registered trademarks of Atari Interactive, Inc. in the U.S. and other territories.

Last response from these guys was at HQSims and they were working on a upgraded Falcon Sim.

That was 5 years ago.

http://www.simhq.com/_air4/air_135a.html

http://www.graphsim.com/games-falcon-af.html

The GRAPHSIM ENTERTAINMENT logo is a trademark of Graphic Simulations Corp.

The INVICTUS logo is a trademark of Invictus Games Ltd.

The LEAD PURSUIT logo is a trademark of Lead Pursuit, LLC.

The LAMINAR RESEARCH logo is a trademark of Laminar Research, LLC.

The SLITHERINE logo is a trademark of Slitherine, LLC.

Windows® is a registered trademark of Microsoft Corp.

Mac is a trademark of Apple Computer, Inc., registered in the U.S. and other countries. The "Built for Mac OS X" graphic is a trademark of Apple Computer, Inc., used under license.

Software platform logos copyright © IEMA™ 2003.

Age rating logos copyright © ESRB™.

OpenGL® and oval logo are registered trademarks of SGI in the United States and other countries. Products bearing such trademarks incorporate intellectual property that is owned and licensed to others by SGI.

All other logos are trademarks of their respective holders.

if any one else knows anything that has changed scince then please let us know!

I dont fly the Falcon series any more do to input problems with X52 set ups and it not saving my MFD's and profiles for the X52.

" any failure you meet, is never a defeat; merely a set up for a greater come back, "  W Forbes

"Success is not final, failure is not fatal, it is the courage to continue that counts,"  Winston Churchill

" He who never changes his mind, never changes anything," 

MSI z690MPG DDR4 || i914900k|| ddr4-64gb PC3200 || MSI RTX 4070Ti|Game1300w|Win10x64| |turtle beach elite pro 5.1|| ViRpiL,T50cm2|| MFG Crosswinds|| VT50CM-plus rotor Throttle || G10 RGB EVGA Keyboard/MouseLogitech || PiMax Crystal VR || 32 Samsung||

I would love to see the F-16 flyable in DCS word at any variant! Hope will happen one day. It's my favorite plane of all.

• Like 1

System specs below

Case - Antec Three Hundred

PSU - Corsair AX750watt

Board - MSI Z170A GAMING PRO

CPU - Intel i5 6600K 3900MHz

Cooler - CoolerMaster Hyper 212 Plus

Memory - Kingston HYPERX 16G DDR4 2400Mhz CL15

Graphics - MSI GEFORCE GTX 980 GAMING 4G

SSD - Samsung 950 PRO 256GB M.2 NVMe

Monitor - Philips 277E 27" 1920x1080 60Hz

OS - Windows 10 Home 64bit

Flight Controllers - Thrustmaster HOTAS WARTHOG, Saitek COMBAT RUDDER PEDALS, TrackIR 4, Track Clip Pro

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Atari does not exists anymore so i think Falcon rights will fall in public domain soon.

That is incorrect.....

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Atari

On January 21, 2013, Atari Inc., Atari Interactive Inc., Humongous, Inc. and California US Holdings, Inc. (collectively, the "Companies") filed petitions for relief under chapter 11 of the United States Bankruptcy Code in the United States Bankruptcy Court for the Southern District of New York. With this move, the U.S.-based Atari operations sought to separate from the structural financial encumbrances of their French parent holding company, Atari S.A. (formerly Infogrames S.A.) and secure independent capital for future growth, primarily in the areas of digital and mobile games

And please.... don´t start the same Falcom BMS hate war vs ED / DCS:W.

I believe Graphism has the license for making Falcon games, with LockheadMartin.

and the guy that made falcon is been said is sitting on a upgraded Falcon game for the last 6 or 7 years now.

these guys own the copyrights now.

FALCON 4.0: ALLIED FORCE is produced by Graphsim Entertainment Corp. under exclusive license from Atari Interactive, Inc. FALCON 4.0 and ATARI word marks and logos are trademarks or registered trademarks of Atari Interactive, Inc. in the U.S. and other territories.

Last response from these guys was at HQSims and they were working on a upgraded Falcon Sim.

That was 5 years ago.

From what I've heard LP no longer has the IP for Falcon. And the LP devs did hint at a new engine for their sim but since then there has been nothing.:music_whistling:

[sIGPIC]2011subsRADM.jpg

[/sIGPIC]

The F-16 is my absolute favourite aircraft.

Love the way it pulls 9 G's and pushes Mach 2. Fair enough, it can't land on a carrier, but sustained turn, acceleration and climb performance are all ahead of the F/A-18. Throw on some conformal fuel tanks and it turns into a mini F-15E at half the cost.

It's a cracking little pocket rocket that I'd love to see it in DCS one day :D

• Like 1

me too but probably Lockheed Corporation did not allow a DCS level sim (for a while) :cry:

i guess these are about 5 or 6 years old images

attachment.php?attachmentid=56631&d=1316186687

11342d1206998407-f16-1.jpg

attachment.php?attachmentid=56597&d=1316114606

attachment.php?attachmentid=56592&d=1316114578

f16_large.jpg

is P3dM was the studio that built the 3d model, then it falls under the same issue as the globe master.

Windows 10 Pro, Ryzen 2700X @ 4.6Ghz, 32GB DDR4-3200 GSkill (F4-3200C16D-16GTZR x2),

ASRock X470 Taichi Ultimate, XFX RX6800XT Merc 310 (RX-68XTALFD9)

3x ASUS VS248HP + Oculus HMD, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS + MFDs

Regardless of the licensing issue with the C-17, ED appear to have licensed the Oliver H. Perry model from P3DM.

The Perry doesnt have "We sell this 3D Model without distribution rights." on the project page either..

Windows 10 Pro, Ryzen 2700X @ 4.6Ghz, 32GB DDR4-3200 GSkill (F4-3200C16D-16GTZR x2),

That list is 8 years old and nothing solid to go by.

About the same age as the F-16 Renders :)

But it will get in line because something even better is around the corner - F/A-18C with carrier ops. :)

i totally agree too

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Intel i7 6700K @ 4.2, MSI M5 Z170A Gaming, NZXT X61 Kraken liquid cooler, PNY Nvidia GTX 1080 Founders Edition, 16GB Corsair Vengeance 3000 Mhz C15, samsung 840 evo SSD, CoolerMaster 1000W Gold rated PSU, NZXT Noctis 450 cabinet, Samsung S240SW 24' 1920x1200 LED panel, X-52 Pro Flight stick. W10 Pro x64 1809, NO antivirus EVER