So, i managed to make a tank fly in Combined arms.

RedKite

Sometimes things just kind of happen, and you go with it.

It's worth noting the AI can't do this, they're limited to being on the ground, even if you switch out of the tank in the air, the ai will take over and it'l teleport to the ground under it.

Edited by RedKite
  • Like 6

Creator of DCS Tutorials and Flightsim content

https://www.youtube.com/user/RedKiteRender

Now that was funny! :megalol: :D

Control is an illusion which usually shatters at the least expected moment.

Gazelle Mini-gun version is endorphins with rotors. See above.

Currently rolling with a Asus Z390 Prime, 9600K, 32GB RAM, SSD, 2080Ti and Windows 10Pro, Rift CV1. bu0836x and Scratch Built Pedals, Collective and Cyclic.

I smell that "immortal" setting on the linebacker.

With the immoral setting on your jet you can make it do some hilarious stuff.

As turning of your engines and doing a 90* dive into the side of a mountain and watch the jet bounce up and down, until it settles on its arse and stays like a statue. ( or at least back in 1.2)

'Shadow'

Everybody gotta be offended and take it personally now-a-days

I smell that "immortal" setting on the linebacker.

With the immoral setting on your jet you can make it do some hilarious stuff.

As turning of your engines and doing a 90* dive into the side of a mountain and watch the jet bounce up and down, until it settles on its arse and stays like a statue. ( or at least back in 1.2)

No immortality here, ground units don't take fall damage at all, they were never really expected to be jumping off cliffs or 10,000ft falls! their modeling is quite simple.

What's happening is the buoyancy code that keeps amphibious vehicles afloat when they 'sink' into the sea is pushing it upwards (you can see it's even trying to maintain a level position as it goes up!) if you try this with a truck or mbt the vehicle just disappears.

Being inside the tunnel, i'm able to push the nose of my linebacker's collision mesh into the terrain, triggering it to get lifted and pulled up through the roof of the tunnel, which currently appears to have no physical walls to it.

The rest of it was sheer dogged determination bashing my head against a wall trying repeatedly to time that perfect 'jump' and shot together :)

Creator of DCS Tutorials and Flightsim content

https://www.youtube.com/user/RedKiteRender

super hahaha

FC3 | UH-1 | Mi-8 | A-10C II | F/A-18 | Ka-50 III | F-14 | F-16 | AH-64 Mi-24 | F-5 | F-15E| F-4| Tornado

Persian Gulf | Nevada | Syria | NS-430 | Supercarrier // Wishlist: CH-53 | UH-60

Youtube

MS FFB2 - TM Warthog - CH Pro Pedals - Trackir 5

A-team much... ????????????

AWAITING ED NEW DAMAGE MODEL IMPLEMENTATION FOR WW2 BIRDS

Fat T is above, thin T is below. Long T is faster, Short T is slower. Open triangle is AWACS, closed triangle is your own sensors. Double dash is friendly, Single dash is enemy. Circle is friendly. Strobe is jammer. Strobe to dash is under 35 km. HDD is 7 times range key. Radar to 160 km, IRST to 10 km. Stay low, but never slow.

funny video :)

It is reported

thanks

fun terminator appears!!! reported :D

Edited by uboats

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

My DCS Mods, Skins, Utilities and Scripts

| Windows 10 | i7-4790K | GTX 980Ti Hybrid | 32GB RAM | 3TB SSD |

| TM Warthog Stick | CH Pro Throttle + Pro Pedal | TIR5 Pro | TM MFD Cougar | Gun Camera: PrtScn |

So this has me thinking.........

If tanks can fly,

Why not ships traveling up rivers?

(It is considered land to DCS.)

(edit, ED has a new feature for land aquatic vehicles to travel across rivers)

Aircraft landing on water?

Can we request bugs? :D

"Yeah, and though I work in the valley of Death, I will fear no Evil. For where there is one, there is always three. I preparest my aircraft to receive the Iron that will be delivered in the presence of my enemies. Thy ALCM and JDAM they comfort me. Power was given unto the aircrew to make peace upon the world by way of the sword. And when the call went out, Behold the "Sword of Stealth". And his name was Death. And Hell followed him. For the day of wrath has come and no mercy shall be given."

it's a bug w/ Amphibious Vehicles going under ground, the farther underground the greater they are thrown upwards.

Windows 10 Pro, Ryzen 2700X @ 4.6Ghz, 32GB DDR4-3200 GSkill (F4-3200C16D-16GTZR x2),

ASRock X470 Taichi Ultimate, XFX RX6800XT Merc 310 (RX-68XTALFD9)

3x ASUS VS248HP + Oculus HMD, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS + MFDs