ARC-210 manual

Stuka

Please find here a manual for the ARC-210 as it is current being modelled by ED.

Or download here: https://www.476vfightergroup.com/downloads.php?do=download&downloadid=499

TO 1A-10C-ARC-210-ADM.pdf

Edited by Stuka
manual updated to change 2
  • Like 13
  • Thanks 19

dUJOta.jpg

Windows 11 | i9 12900KF | 64GB DDR4 | RTX 3090 | TM Warthog HOTAS | Saitek Combat Rudder Pedals | TM MFDs + Lilliput 8" | TIR5 Pro

Nice!!

I fly an A-10C II in VR and post my DCS journey on Is your phone a YouTube Signature Device? - Gizmochina     |   Subscribe to my DCS A-10C channel   

Come check out the 132nd Virtual Wing                                   |   My 4090 VR Performance Optimization  
SYSTEM SPECS: Ryzen 7 5800X3D, RTX4090, Varjo Aero, VKB Gunfigher MKIII MCG Ultimate with 10cm extension,VPC MongoosT-50CM3 Throttle, VPC Control Panel #2, TM TPR Rudders. 64GB RAM, W10, Gametrix Jetseat, PointCTRL (currently broken), OpenKneeboard, Wacom Intuos.

132nd.Ready_Signatur.png

3 hours ago, Stuka said:

Please find here a manual for the ARC-210 as it is current being modelled by ED.

TO 1A-10C-ARC-210-ADM.pdf 2.57 MB · 47 downloads

Or download here: https://www.476vfightergroup.com/content.php?381-shared-publications

The fact that 476th names there documents like USAF documents scares me sometimes, I look at a post and think someone's done the WT forum thing 😬 Then I notice it's 476th and it's all good 😅

• 4 weeks later...

Top stuff as usual

i5 8400 | 32 Gb RAM | RTX 2080Ti | Virpil Mongoose T-50 base w/ Warthog & Hornet sticks | Warthog throttle | Cougar throttle USB | DIY Collective | Virpil desk mount | VKB T-Rudder Mk IV | Oculus Rift S | Buddy-Fox A-10 UFC | 3x TM MFDs | 2x bass shakers pedal plate| SIMple SIMpit chair | WinWing TakeOff panel | PointCTRL v2 | Andre JetSeat | Winwing Hornet UFC | Winwing Viper ICP

FC3 - Warthog - F-5E - Harrier - NTTR - Hornet - Tomcat - Huey - Viper - C-101 - PG - Hip - SuperCarrier - Syria - Warthog II - Hind - South Atlantic - Sinai - Strike Eagle

Hello,

Two questions about the 210:

1. Does anyone know if it's possible to have a preset frequency On during startup? It always seems to default to 133.00 and I can't seem to get it to default to any of my preset freqs.

2. I've been able to set preloaded frequencies in the Mission Editor but the box for names is closed so I can't name the preset freq. And then when I try a Prepare Mission and manually enter the name in the MFCD (using the UFC) it always defaults back to Wing, etc, etc. and not the name I typed in.

Any help would be appreciated.

• 4 months later...

Hi,

See Tank Killer II manual, page 166:
AN/ARC-186(V) Radio Control Panel
This radio will be replaced by the AN/ARC-210 in a later version. The ARC-210 will be documented here in the future.

By when can we expect this?

• Like 1

DCS World needs the Panavia Tornado! Really!

• 3 weeks later...
On 9/20/2023 at 6:15 AM, kotor633 said:

Hi,

See Tank Killer II manual, page 166:
AN/ARC-186(V) Radio Control Panel
This radio will be replaced by the AN/ARC-210 in a later version. The ARC-210 will be documented here in the future.

By when can we expect this?

Soon. Two weeks. Thank you for your passion and support.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

image.png
The above is the beginning of the description of the Intercom Panel.
My assessment is that the ARC-210, like the AN/ARC-164, does not have a volume control. The AN/ARC-186 does have a Volume control, but the manual describes it as "initial volume". I guess that's the volume at pre-amplifier stage output.

The Volume control of the Intercom Panel is the one you will use for all radios (and everything that beeps).

Edit:
I wanted to bind the Volume knob on the Intercom Panel to a rotary encoder. So I selected the category "Intercom Control panel and happily found the bindings "INT volume decrease" and "INT volume increase". But when I went to the cockpit and used the rotary encoder, it rotated the button labelled "INT". I didn't try if the rotation has any effect.
So I went back to Controls/Options and found the bindings "Volume volume decrease" and "Volume volume increase". These actually rotate the "Volume" knob on the panel. The naming of this control binding is (IMO) ridiculous. It should be named "Master Volume Control".

The knobs "FM", "VHF" and "UHF" also have bindings for "volume increase" and "volume decrease", but the manual states "Rotary Selector position will not matter". So why do we have those bindings? Seems to be that a bit of clean-up would be appropriate.

Edited by LeCuvier
  • Like 1

LeCuvier

Windows 10 Pro 64Bit | i7-4790 CPU |16 GB RAM|SSD System Disk|SSD Gaming Disk| MSI GTX-1080 Gaming 8 GB| Acer XB270HU | TM Warthog HOTAS | VKB Gladiator Pro | MongoosT-50 | MFG Crosswind Pedals | TrackIR 5

5 hours ago, LeCuvier said:

My assessment is that the ARC-210, like the AN/ARC-164, does not have a volume control.

The document posted by Stuka describes the function of the CHANNEL selector as follows:

CHANNEL (VOLUME)
Selects the preset channel.
Selects volume level when volume is enabled. Currently not implemented in DCS.

Unless something changed in the meantime, it seems like volume control inside of the ARC-210 control head in indeed not possible at this time.

The ARC-164 does have a dedicated volume control knob, located between the function dial and the frequency mode dial:

Volume Knob.
Labeled VOL, this dial controls the audio output from the UHF radio.

But it's so tiny, it's pretty easy to miss. 😉